Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Look at these phtograhs ( One shot)
Helping Out (Naomi) Emptyby Tessa Greene Today at 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Helping Out (Naomi) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» Election Night (Tessa)
Helping Out (Naomi) Emptyby Tessa Greene Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:38 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Helping Out (Naomi) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
Helping Out (Naomi) Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Helping Out (Naomi)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Helping Out (Naomi) Empty
PostSubject: Helping Out (Naomi)   Helping Out (Naomi) EmptyTue Feb 28, 2017 7:40 am

After classes but before dinner, Martin was almost always found in one of three places. In the air on his broom, in the library, or in the study area. Since he'd done his flying practice earlier and had the books he needed for assignments, he had chosen the study area tonight. His assignments were already done for the next two days so he was working ahead, and even had a book on charms open that seemed interesting but may not even be taught in upper year classes as they weren't overly important or necessary. Really, they were just interesting, both from a theory and what the odd charms could accomplish. There was this one that said if used properly it could switch out electrons and protons to change the polarity of an atom. Hardly practical, and not many uses...but so cool.

Looking around after finishing the paragraph on the charm he noticed a short girl with dark hair and a Slytherin crest who seemed to be struggling with some school work. Deciding he could be nice, he walked over. "Would you like some help?" he asked kindly, keeping his voice quiet as people were working all around. Some in groups quietly talking, others individually.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Helping Out (Naomi)   Helping Out (Naomi) EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:59 pm

Naomi had said good bye to Humphrey after classes, excusing herself to study. The Hufflepuff had tried to make his way in to that time, but Naomi had been firm in her request to be left alone that evening. She had a lot to do, and she didn't need Humphrey around distracting her with something or other that he found interesting.

Taking up her Defence Against the Dark Arts book, Naomi was studying about the Boggarts taught in the last lesson. She'd stayed away from attempting the practical, because she simply hadn't wanted to try. She didn't know what she feared most, and this was where she'd come unstuck as she was reading, her mind wandering off to what might, possibly, be the shape that her Boggart took on.

When a voice interrupted her, though, Naomi was not best pleased. Looking up from her book - and being jolted from her thoughts, the Slytherin witch took in the boy before her. "Why would you think I need help?" Naomi asked, she wasn't in any way stupid, just because she wasn't scribbling an essay at break neck speed did not mean she was stuck. "I'm reading, and thinking about the topic, I'm not stuck." She told him, looking back down at the book.

Perhaps the boy would go away - Merlin she hoped he was not going to be another Humphrey. She might just spontaneously com bust if that was the case.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Helping Out (Naomi)   Helping Out (Naomi) EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 6:40 am

Martin was a little miffed at her reaction to his offer of help, and he just shrugged. "I'm sorry, you looked frustrated and I thought it was related to the material. If you have it covered than of course I'll leave you be." he said, giving her a slight dip of the head before going back and picking up in his own stuff where he'd left off. Whether or not she actually wanted his help, he thought she could have been more polite in how she told him off about it. They were mostly teenagers here, though...and one thing he learned was teenagers were a prickly bunch. Books weren't moody or emotional, they said what they said and always stayed the same.

It took a few minutes for his brain to completely focus again on his work, but soon his thoughts about helping the girl drifted away and were replaced with the odd charm and his assignments for future classes once again. Learning new things, or experimenting on existing things in some cases were what he lived for. He was a geek, and not at all ashamed about acting like one where others could see him or try and make fun of him because of it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Helping Out (Naomi)   Helping Out (Naomi) Empty

Back to top Go down

Helping Out (Naomi)
Page 1 of 1