Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Checkmate (Martin & Naomi) Emptyby Tessa Greene Yesterday at 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Checkmate (Martin & Naomi) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» Election Night (Tessa)
Checkmate (Martin & Naomi) Emptyby Tessa Greene Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:38 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Checkmate (Martin & Naomi) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
Checkmate (Martin & Naomi) Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Checkmate (Martin & Naomi)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Checkmate (Martin & Naomi) Empty
PostSubject: Checkmate (Martin & Naomi)   Checkmate (Martin & Naomi) EmptyMon Mar 27, 2017 6:57 pm

Naomi was glad that the end of term was coming up. It would mean she would get away from this hell hole, see her brothers away from class, and hopefully get on to do some cool things in the six weeks break that they had. And, of course, she would get to see her parents, not that she would admit to getting a little homesick, but she did miss her parents dearly.

Studying had grown tedious, so Naomi had pulled out her chess set in the corner of the library, motioning that she was playing alone, the witch began to work through the tactics of the game. Playing the board was quite hard, so she was in deep concentration, planning the moves to get to the opponents King, and sacrificing only when completely necessary.

Naomi was unaware of her surroundings, not that she expected to be interrupted, so, for once her guard was down.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Checkmate (Martin & Naomi)   Checkmate (Martin & Naomi) EmptyMon Mar 27, 2017 7:15 pm

Martin had been gathering some books to do some extra reading after finishing his homework in the library when he noticed what appeared to be an intense chess match going on. At first he didn't realize it was Naomi playing, as he was so focused on the board that was clearly set at one of the higher if not highest level but the player was holding their own. As he walked closer and looked to see who it was he flinched slightly upon noticing Naomi. Part of him feared he'd get his head bitten off for asking, but he loved chess and she was clearly a skilled opponent. Steeling his nerve, he walked closer and took a seat at the table next to her, not too presumptuous as to just sit down.

After she'd made her next move was when he chose to break the silence, knowing better than to interrupt her during a move. "Umm, hey Naomi. If you aren't interested just say so but..I was wondering...would you be up for a chess match?" he asked awkwardly, knowing he'd made a mess of his sentence structure but not worried about that at the moment. Part of him feared she'd just tell him to go away angrily or walk out like he'd never spoken to her.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Checkmate (Martin & Naomi)   Checkmate (Martin & Naomi) EmptyMon Mar 27, 2017 7:42 pm

Naomi had just played a really good move, cutting off the board's impending attack, and likely making it have to think through its options again. Trying not to look too smug, Naomi glanced across her pieces, making notes of her multiple options in that moment, and they trying to decide which option would be best to work on first.

However, just as Naomi was coming to a conclusion, the witch was brought out of her game by a voice. Looking up, she saw Martin. Jaw setting for a moment, she heard the boy out.

For once, he'd approached her and not been rude!

"Are you any good at chess, Martin?" The witch asked, eyes mulling back to the board as it took it's own turn. Eyes scanning the board, Naomi didn't glance back at the boy whilst she waited for an answer. Her question had been spoken in a neutral tone, so, perhaps this time he wouldn't get all offended. Or cry.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Checkmate (Martin & Naomi)   Checkmate (Martin & Naomi) EmptyTue Mar 28, 2017 6:05 pm

Martin smiled slightly when she asked if he was any good at chess, knowing it was one of his better games. The logic and planning involved was right up his alley. "I hold my own pretty well, though I haven't had anyone to play with in a while. People stopped playing with me when I wouldn't take it easy on them, but I'm guessing that won't be a problem in this case." he said, his eyes looking at the board and trying to figure out what her next move was going to be. Right now she had the game in hand, but it could easily tip back the other way if she made a mistake. "Playing against a board is all well and good, but I always find playing against a tough opponent much more rewarding, don't you?" he asked her, suspecting she wouldn't turn down his challenge though not positive by any means. Naomi still confused him, even more than most girls.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Checkmate (Martin & Naomi)   Checkmate (Martin & Naomi) EmptyTue Mar 28, 2017 8:16 pm

Naomi paused in her action, Martin's talking was distracting, and she was not going to make a false moved because the boy before her was talking too much. No, that would probably make him much too happy, and Naomi was not the kind of witch who liked to give boy's that kind of satisfaction.

Martin was bigging himself up, something that didn't go too well with Naomi, but she didn't pass comment, until the boy all but challenged her.

Internally rolling her eyes, Naomi turned to the boy, raising an eyebrow at him. "If it will get you to stop talking, then yes, I prefer kicking the asses of other people." Naomi told him with mild exasperation. "If you wanted to play, just ask. Now, hurry up and sit opposite me." Naomi told the boy, taking out her wand and resetting the board with the white pieces on Martin's side.

"You can start."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Checkmate (Martin & Naomi)   Checkmate (Martin & Naomi) EmptyWed Mar 29, 2017 5:11 pm

Martin was slightly annoyed when she told him to just ask if he wanted to play. "I already asked to play, and you countered with your own question instead of giving me an answer." he pointed out. While it was a relevant question it annoyed him that she would berate him for not asking when he literally had a few moments before. He knew people had short memories sometimes, but that seemed a bit much. Maybe her mind had just been too focused on her game against the board to have been paying too much attention to their conversation.

Nodding when she told him he could start, Martin thought for a few moments before moving the pawn in front of his knight on the queen's side up one space. With that he could either choose to be aggressive, or expand his pawns around it to play defensively. Now, he just had to wait and see what type of game Naomi would be playing today. "Your move." he said quietly, though it was rather obvious.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Checkmate (Martin & Naomi)   Checkmate (Martin & Naomi) EmptySat Apr 01, 2017 12:20 pm

Naomi had watched the boy's first move, face remaining expressionless as he let go of the pawn. She allowed a moment of consideration, before mirroring exactly the same move on her side of the board. She could have played in an offensive manner, or a defensive manner.

Truthfully, she was just playing now to frustrate the boy before her.

It was much more fun that way.

Not to mention, she had no intention of seeing the game out, anyway. "Your move." Naomi replied, letting go of her piece and sitting herself back comfortably. This was probably going to be a long winded few moves, as she waited for an opportune moment, but Naomi had the patience to thrive in this situation, and she would. Martin Wright would learn, eventually, that Naomi did not take kindly to being interrupted. And then... well, perhaps he would also learn to leave her alone.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Checkmate (Martin & Naomi)   Checkmate (Martin & Naomi) EmptySun Apr 02, 2017 5:45 pm

Martin frowned when she simply mirrored him, more than a little disappointed she wasn't using her own strategy. If she was doing it simply to make some point he had no clue what it was, other than that she knew multiple ways how to irritate him. Deciding to play for now, he hoped the mirroring wouldn't continue for the entire game. Moving the pawn next to the rook on the queen's side up two squares, he looked over at her. "Back to you. How are things going with you?" he asked, making an attempt at polite conversation with her. Part of him knew that it was doomed before he tried, but he really hadn't intended to piss her off so much the last times they'd met. Most people didn't get through his calm exterior, but Naomi was an exception to that. She'd immediately known how to get under his skin and from what he'd seen seemed to enjoy doing so until he tried to turn the tables on her. He doubted he'd gotten under her skin, from her reactions though he knew he'd done things to make her kind of angry at him.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Checkmate (Martin & Naomi)   Checkmate (Martin & Naomi) EmptyWed Apr 05, 2017 6:26 pm

Noticing the frown on the Ravenclaw's lips, Naomi just about managed to stop herself from smirking in satisfaction. It seemed that not all Ravenclaws were as smart as they were made out to be. She didn't say a word, though, instead just allowing him to make his own move, before trying to decide on her own move in return.

In truth, the Slytherin wasn't thinking too hard, deciding on simply a game of mockery, which usually ended in a game of stalemate. She didn't want to work hard on this, but she pretended.

Which was precisely why Naomi let out a soft sigh - of faux annoyance - when Martin spoke up, the hand that had been hovering above the board retracting itself to Naomi's lap as her eyes landed on the boy. Was he seriously trying to have a conversation whilst playing Chess?

"Was it a game of chess you wanted, or a conversation?" Naomi asked raising her eyebrow as she sat back, eyes boring in to the boy before her. "How are things going with me?" Naomi echoed, trying not to sound so exasperated at the boy's question. "Things are going fine with me. Or, as fine as they ever do when you're at school. Classes are engaging enough, I suppose, but, really..." Naomi shook her head. "I can think of a million better places to be."

The witch paused, thinking through the conversation, before deciding to be... dare she say it... nice.

"What about you?" She asked, trying her best to sound interested in that moment, even if this whole thing was killing her on the inside.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Checkmate (Martin & Naomi)   Checkmate (Martin & Naomi) EmptyWed Apr 05, 2017 7:09 pm

Hearing her sigh before eventually answering his question made him smile slightly, thinking that maybe he was irritating her as she had him with just copying his first move. After all, if she wanted to do things that would annoy him it was only fair he do them back, wasn't it? She had yet to make her second move, but he wouldn't be surprised is she used the same tactic of copying him. The question of wanting a game of chess he decided to address first. "Yes, Naomi I did want a game of chess. Instead of using your own strategy though, you simply mirrored my move. It's highly unlikely we had the exact same one planned. So if you aren't going to take it seriously, I decided to try for conversation." he told her bluntly, trying not to let too much of his annoyance show in the tone of his voice but some of it still slipped through. Instead, he decided to address her answer to his question of how she was. "I understand, there are places I would rather be as well." he told her, and was about to make his move when she actually asked how he was, causing him to pause.

Her question of how he was made Martin pause, wondering if it he'd really heard her say that or if he was going crazy. His brain told him she had though, so he decided to reply. "I enjoy the library here, classes are okay but the wide variety of books on subjects not even covered in classes is quite impressive. Honestly, though, I'm ready to get out of here and go home. As you've probably already guessed social situations aren't my strong suit, they make me anxious more than anything. So I'm okay, I guess, too. but...in all honesty just ready to leave." he admitted. She could make fun of him for any of that if she wanted to, but he'd given her an honest answer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Checkmate (Martin & Naomi)   Checkmate (Martin & Naomi) Empty

Back to top Go down

Checkmate (Martin & Naomi)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next