Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Within the Starlight (open) - Page 2 Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Today at 4:02 pm

» Election Night (Tessa)
Within the Starlight (open) - Page 2 Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Within the Starlight (open) - Page 2 Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Within the Starlight (open) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Within the Starlight (open) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Within the Starlight (open)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Within the Starlight (open) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Within the Starlight (open)   Within the Starlight (open) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 10, 2017 6:34 am

Wesley's response to the reiteration of his question caught Julienne off guard. A part of her had assumed that, maybe, he'd asked her the question as a way to escape this meeting without making it apparent that he'd wanted a way out. She wouldn't have blamed him.

Others had done it before; smiled and introduced themselves before they could plan an escape route. She understood, though. She was not exactly the most enjoyable person to be around. She was toxic to the air around her and anyone could feel it for miles. Her entire atmosphere was a warning sign that there was danger ahead; the danger of herself.

But this person wanted to stay. Was he braver than the rest? A thrill seeker, perhaps? Or perhaps he was simply warmer than the rest; willing to look beyond a shield. But, those who could penetrate a shield often had a burden of their own.

As the boy continued to speak, explaining why he'd come, Julienne latched onto every word. The further she allowed herself to dive into his words the less the words felt like they belonged to the stranger who had just introduced himself moments ago. It felt like he was extracting thoughts from her mind and vocalising them as his own.

He felt trapped. She felt trapped. Every person who walked past her in the hallway was another person whom she would disappoint in one moment or another. The silence that followed her steps isolated the Hufflepuff from each student around her. They were walls gathered around her to tease her with what she could never have; a connection.

But here was a person; someone who also felt trapped in the ocean of students who would never understand. Would he understand?

"M-me too," she stumbled over her words. "I'm different. It frightens them." The confession escaped her lips before she could reconnect a verbal lock to her mouth. He would leave now, surely.

"It frightens me."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Within the Starlight (open)   Within the Starlight (open) - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 16, 2017 2:59 pm

Finding that his own feelings. His feelings of suffocation in the castle, were feelings another of the students at Hogwarts experienced made Wesley's eyebrows raise slightly in surprise. Julienne wouldn't see the reaction, but it was there.

But, not nearly as much as they as they rose when Julienne said that other people were scared of her. Why? How could anyone find Julienne scary? Wesley barely knew the witch, that was true but from what he did know, he was quite sure she was not like those who he'd attended Durmstrang with.

"... why?" Wesley asked softly through the darkness. Though, it didn't really reserve the role of a direct question, so a moment later, the Ravenclaw boy corrected himself. "Why are you different?"

That wasn't to say people weren't different, and this was an obvious answer. It was a curious question about what Julienne felt she was different for. Her difference was not one that he could see for himself, not yet, but he didn't think it could be terrifying.

Could it?

The only way he would find out would be with her answer, and thus, Wesley waited quietly for Julienne's explanation.

OOC: I'm so sorry it's short.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Within the Starlight (open)   Within the Starlight (open) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 31, 2017 6:40 am

"Why?

It was the most frightening question on Earth, and surely he would be expecting an answer. What would she tell him? Could she trust Wesley with the truth? Julienne was unsure if she could handle losing a friend that she had just barely procured. She was sure that he would laugh. Or perhaps he would run away from her. She'd be a freak and he would not want to be near her for one moment longer.

But what choice did she have?

Julienne carefully took her wand from where it lay beside her, whispering the Lumos charm for a small amount of light. In the darkness, she was sure that the boy would not be able to see what she was about to show him.

"I'm sorry," she told him. It was not an apology as much as it was a warning.

Under the light of the wand, her hair turned to a deep red colour, then a purple, and finally a light blue. All three were colours of terror; representations of what she was feeling. While Metamorphmagi were supposed to be able to change their appearance at will, Julienne only really had luck with changing her features based on mood.

Pausing for a moment, Julienne extinguished the light from her wand. She waited in silence, hoping that the boy would leave quickly without a word if he were to leave. She didn't think that she could handle any yelling tonight.

Her mouth opened to apologise once more, but she closed it back up before the words could escape.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Within the Starlight (open)   Within the Starlight (open) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Within the Starlight (open)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2