Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Stephanie Richardson's Test Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Stephanie Richardson's Test Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Stephanie Richardson's Test Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Stephanie Richardson's Test Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Stephanie Richardson's Test Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Stephanie Richardson's Test

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

Birthday : 1992-08-13
Job/hobbies : Auror & DADA Professor

Stephanie Richardson's Test Empty
PostSubject: Stephanie Richardson's Test   Stephanie Richardson's Test EmptyWed Jul 05, 2017 8:27 pm

As Stephanie stepped in to the classroom, Jake stood from his desk, moving to the middle of the room and looking at the witch before him, he gave a small smile. "I'm glad to hear it, Miss Richardson!" Jake told her, before motioning to the empty classroom. "Today, you will be working with me." He told her, trying to explain why they were all coming in to the classroom on their own.

"Your first challenge, Stephanie, is to disarm me and place me in a Full Body Bind."

The words were quite clear, but Jake gave the witch a few moments to comprehend the situation before they began. With that done, Jake moved back to his desk and took up his wand, turning to the witch and motioning for her to make the first move. It was a test not of simply disarming, but of Stephanie's capability to think on the spot. This was not simply a test of the disarming spell, or even the full body bind, but a test of persistence, and the ability to work in a small duel.

Important Information:
1. Whilst Jake is both a professor and Auror, he is obviously not going to make this impossible for his students to pass this stage. Jake will, however, push a student to work to their potential.

As I do not know ALL characters inside out, I am allowing you to GM Jake pushing the character to achieving as much as possible.

2. I will not accept a post that writes a successful take down in two moves. Unless you can come to me with a very good reason how your character can take down a talented Auror, then I will deem this unrealistic, and will not post part two of your test.

3. You are expected to write the duel yourself -- I will not be posting as Jake other than to give the next steps in this lesson.

4. Have fun with this, explore your character, and use this as an opportunity to explore their capabilities.

5. If you need a specific reaction/action/comment from Jake to push your character further, please ask me before you GM so that I can confirm as to whether this is something he would do.

6. If you have any questions, please ask!

~ Auror ~ Profile ~ DADA Professor ~
~ In a Relationship ~ 36 ~ Father ~ 6' ~ American Accent ~
Stephanie Richardson's Test Rsz_1j10
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsandbeyond.forumotion.co.uk
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Stephanie Richardson's Test   Stephanie Richardson's Test EmptyMon Jul 24, 2017 7:55 am

Jake greeted her the moment she stepped into the classroom, informing her about what they were going to do. The disarming charm and full body bind weren't hard in themselves but getting them to land on the professor was going to be tricky.

She watched as Jake took up his wand and gestured for her to begin. She had a plan forming in her mind of how win this thing, but first, she wanted to see just how difficult her professor was going to make this.

Pointing her wand right at Jake, Stephanie said in quick successsion, "Flipendo! Expelliarmus! Petrificus Totalus!" All three of course, Jake managed to evade and returned a few spells her way. Not prepared for that, two of them hit her one making a tickling sensation which she ignored, and the second sent her wand across the room.

Keeping her eyes on Jake, Stephanie scrambled to retrieve her wand, ducking and weaving as she did her best to avoid the bolts of light Jake sent her way. A few feet away from her wand, she dived to the floor, just in time to evade the spell that would've hit her in the shoulders. The moment she had her wand back in her fingers, she put up a shield.

With her shield up, Stephanie sent a Stunning Spell his way, faking left and then releasing it on the right. Jake didn't fall for it and answered with something that broke her shield, but didn't harm her.

This wasn't working; it was time to do something else. She had no idea if her plan would work - Jake would definitely know what she was up to once she started and would probably take counter active measures - but it didn't hurt to try.

"Aqua Eructo!" Stephanie said strongly, the tip of her wand pointed slightly upwards so when the stream of water came out, it went upwards and then down to the floor, splashing around to form puddles.

She moved closer to Jake, keeping her eyes on him as she concentrated harder, making more water gush out of the wand. She had to duck and dodge a few times, causing the stream of water to break off and start again. Occasionally, she would point the wand at Jake, chasing him with the stream of water so that some of it got onto him.

The moment she deemed that there was enough water on the floor, she pointed her wand near Jake's feet and casted, "Glacius!" The water froze, keeping Jake in one position long enough for Stephanie to shoot an Expelliarmus at him and then Petrificus Totalus. The only disadvantage was that she too was frozen to the floor. At least she'd fulfilled the goal of the duel.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Stephanie Richardson's Test   Stephanie Richardson's Test EmptyMon Jul 24, 2017 10:19 pm

Stephanie put up a good fight, using the spells she knew well to try and come up with a method of beating him. Despite being able to beat any and all of his students in a duel -- he was an Auror, duh -- he made the duel as fair as possible. Leaving himself open to well 'concealed' shots, and over emphasising his own movements to make himself more susceptible to the attacks.

Allowing Stephanie to work around the room, Jake was mildly intrigued as the water started to spout from her wand. Keeping himself moving, but being mindful of the water on the floor, Jake kept his eyes on her work until she froze the floor entirely and him in place. Smiling to himself, Jake withdrew his highly countering movements, missed his deflection on purpose, and allowed himself to be disarmed by the witch before he felt his body snap together in a bind.

Unlike before, however, he remained standing because of his feet being stuck.

Waiting for Stephanie to release him, Jake quickly gathered his wand and put the classroom back to normal.

"Well done, Stephanie, you worked well there." Jake praised the witch with a smile, before continuing.

"Your next challenge is going to be a little harder than the first. I'm sure you already worked that much out. So please, make sure you're ready before we continue, okay?" He insisted, before readying the next task for the young witch.

Flicking his wand around the room, a number of objects appeared behind Jake, some small, some large. Some heavy, some light. They wouldn't make much sense on their own, but Jake was going to explain before he set the Slytherin off on this task.

"You will know by now the Seize and Pull Charm. Many students will think that defending themselves will mean direct combat, however, this is not always the case. What we are going to achieve with this one, is to work through the objects, smallest to largest - getting quicker. You will need to use the Seize and Pull Charm to pull the objects from the air. Sounds easy, I know, but, we're going to do this whilst you also contend with water jets.

"The aim is to not get hit by the water jets, but also not get hit by the objects flying in your direction too." Jake explained -- of course, he would not allow his students to actually get hurt, on impact, the objects would turn to feathers, but they looked like normal objects to the untrained eye.

"Ready?" Jake asked with a smile.

Important Information:
1. Whilst Jake is both a professor and Auror, he is obviously not going to make this impossible for his students to pass this stage. Jake will, however, push a student to work to their potential.

As I do not know ALL characters inside out, I am allowing you to GM Jake pushing the character to achieving as much as possible.

2. The items being launched are open to your discretion, but I'm thinking a textbook, moving up to a cauldron, then maybe a table -- however, how big the object is depends on how well your character manages, once you decide on them failing, Jake will not launch another object in their direction.

3. You are expected to write this part yourself -- I will not be posting as Jake other than to give the next steps in this lesson.

4. Have fun with this, explore your character, and use this as an opportunity to explore their capabilities.

5. If you need a specific reaction/action/comment from Jake to push your character further, please ask me before you GM so that I can confirm as to whether this is something he would do.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Stephanie Richardson's Test   Stephanie Richardson's Test EmptyWed Aug 02, 2017 7:06 am

"Thank you, Jake," Stephanie responded to his compliment. She'd tried her best and was satisfied with her work.

As he continued to her next set of instructions, she listened carefully. She knew the Seize and PUll Charm and also knew that with bigger objects, she'd need to use her whole body to counter the weight of whatever she was pulling. Given that she was slim and watched her weight, this might be challenging depending on how large the objects got.

Probably the hardest thing she could foresee was the multitasking between the objects and evadding the water. She'd never been active in...well, active things. Except when exercising, she hated physical activities. It made her sweat and messed up her look. But this was a test and she wasn't about to fail it.

"Ready," she replied, her voice firm.

The first thing to come at her was a small piece of chalk. Stephanie aimed her wand and casted the charm with a "Carpe Retractum!" A rope of light shot out of her wand and enveloped the chalk. Just as she was about to fling it aside, a jet of water came at her and she sidestepped it before releasing the chalk away from her.

The next object was an apple, but it came together with a blast of water. She needed to make a decision quickly. Evade the water and risk missing the charm? Or cast the charm and risk getting hit by the water? She made her decision in a split second, sending out the charm and ducking just in the nick of time to let the water passover her head before flinging the apple aside.

She didn't have time to pause before a textbook came in her direction. This time, there were two jets of water, forcing her to duck and roll. "Carpe Retractum!" she yelled, just in time to prevent the textbook colliding with her face. She released it, already panting from her efforts.

Before she could recover, she spotted the next object flying at her. A cauldron. Seriously? She'd have to use her body weight for this. It wasn't going to be easy. The casted the charm, bracing herself to counteract the weight of the cauldron and seeing a jet of water coming at her. Thinking quickly, she swung the cauldron round to block the water, and watched as it hit the cauldron. Muscles already starting to ached, she moved the cauldron away with a grunt.

When she saw that the next object was a table, her eyes widened. There was no way that she was strong enough to move that. Besides exercising, she didn't participate in any other physical activity. She had servants to move and do things for her. She could only try.

She moved out of the way of one jet of water then pointed her wand at the table. "Carpe Retractum!" The rope of light shot out and Stephanie was immediately pulled a few feet forward to the table. Even bracing her feet against the floor did not work. The table was just too heavy for her. With a high-pitched squeal, she shut her eyes and turned away, only for the table to burst into feathers when it hit her.

"That table was impossible!" she exclaimed, her breath coming out in short, harsh gasps.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Stephanie Richardson's Test   Stephanie Richardson's Test EmptyTue Aug 08, 2017 6:52 pm

Stephanie was working well, Jake summarised as he watched her move the objects and manage to avoid the jets of water with the smaller objects. The confidence was almost beginning to show until the cauldron came. Jake could see she was struggling though, so it came as no surprise when Stephanie couldn't handle the table as it came over.

"That table was impossible!"

Letting out a soft chuckle, Jake nodded. "It was difficult, yes, but that's the aim of this." Jake replied, flicking his wand to clear the feathers from the young witch. "But, you did very well, you should be proud of yourself." Jake added, trying to encourage her because Stephanie seemed a little upset with herself.

Moving to his desk, Jake picked up some chocolate before moving back and holding out to the witch. "Eat some, you will need some energy for the last task I'm going to set you." He explained, letting her take the bar before he moved to retrieve the trunk from the side of the room.

He moved it in to the middle of the room, in front of Stephanie, and sat down on top of it. "Now, when you're ready -- there is no rush -- we're going to move on to the last part of today's test." Jake told her, tapping the box beneath him. "I'm not going to tell you what this one is, though. When you're ready, let me know, and then we will begin."

Important Information:
1. Your character will now be facing a Boggart. You will need to decide what shape this takes, and whether your character is capable of overcoming their fears to defeat it.

2. As you may have noticed, Jake is really pushing the students with this test. Their magical capabilities will likely be tiring due to the psychical exertion of everything before now. This is done to really push them, and I'm not expecting the responses to be perfect.

Likely, they'll be exhausted!

3. You are expected to write this part yourself -- I will not be posting as Jake other than to give the next steps in this lesson.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stephanie Richardson's Test   Stephanie Richardson's Test Empty

Back to top Go down

Stephanie Richardson's Test
Page 1 of 1