Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
A handful of limes  - Page 2 Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Yesterday at 4:02 pm

» Election Night (Tessa)
A handful of limes  - Page 2 Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
A handful of limes  - Page 2 Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
A handful of limes  - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
A handful of limes  - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

A handful of limes

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

Birthday : 2013-08-13

A handful of limes  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A handful of limes    A handful of limes  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 26, 2017 2:17 pm

Victoria's counterpoint, that it was perhaps the little girl who was too busy to go, made Mimosa pause for a moment. She really hadn't thought about it like that. the last time she was in London, it really was she who had been too busy. They'd only had to days and a lot of work to do, it wasn't anyone else's fault.

And now it was Grandpa Kit who was busy, and through this nice lady's reasoning, Mimosa was understanding that he was allowed to be busy if she was. "I think you're right," the child finally conceded. "I get busy too and no one complains that I don't take them places, so i suppose I shouldn't either." The new understanding made sense, it was propagated by an adult and adults knew things right?

"My grandpa is one thousand years old!" Mimosa confidently informed the lawyer. "He wears glasses, and has silver in his hair," she added as if that only proved her point further. Indeed the American photographer had picked up flecks of silver in his previously raven locks but to a child like this one, a bit of silver and glasses denoted a thousand years lived. "Maybe he just thought he saw a tail when he wasn't wearing glasses?" she proposed, glad that she didn't have a tail after all. What did one do with tails anyway? Maybe she should ask the next tailed animal she saw.

When Victoria spoke about Pinky, the little witch found herself grinning again. This was a good adult, she took care of teddies. "I think Pinky and Bear should met," she announced to the room at large, coming to the most natural conclusion of the story. "They can have a tea party and talk about teddy things. And if they like each other, they can have a sleepover." Pleased with herself, the child nodded before a thought struck her. "Wait, can you sleep without Pinky? We won't take her for a sleepover if you need to cuddle her at night to sleep. I cuddle Bear but I can sleep without him. I just cuddle Grandpa, he's like Bear but a lot bigger."

"Not quite, sweetheart. Nobody can win everything, if they did, that would be a very boring place to live, don't you think?"

"I haven' thought abut it," the little witch answered, caught of guard by the question. No one had ever put it like that. And Mimosa always liked to form her own opinions over time. "But I will now. I'll let you know the next time we meet okay?" The question was more than that, it was a confirmation sought of meting again. They were friends now and friends should meet regularly.

Mimosa's face crumpled as Victoria declined taking the girl out to sight see. Even as Victoria gave her reasons, Mimosa understood. They had just met, and the child had been taught not to go places with strangers. This lady just didn't seem like a stranger, she was her friend. Reaching out, Mimosa patted the taller witch's hand softly. "It's okay Victoria, we can go next time." Looking around the room once more, she added."But can you please take me back to the exhibition? I'm cold and I think I should try and find my Grandpa."
Back to top Go down
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

Birthday : 1998-02-13
Job/hobbies : Legal Adviser

PostSubject: Re: A handful of limes    A handful of limes  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 26, 2017 10:16 pm

"It's okay, everyone complains, but maybe now you understand a little more than before." Victoria provided for the witch, trying to ease this development in to something more easy to grasp. After all, it was a lesson learned for the young girl that day, but hopefully one that would stay with her for some time.

"I think you're right. Definitely the glasses." Victoria confirmed with Mimosa's idea of her grandpa not being able to see clearly enough, and thus the confusion had set in. Fairy tales, of course, but harmless ones, nothing more. "But, there is definitely no tail, so you don't need to worry about being a monkey anymore!"

The conversation of Bear and Pinky had Victoria smiling so very warmly at the child. The unaltered excitement of the child made Victoria feel warm and fuzzy inside, and for a moment, she forgot the question she'd been asked. "Oh, no, I can sleep without Pinky, don't worry, she can definitely have a sleepover with Bear. But, Pinky will need lots of cuddles, otherwise she will get lonely. Do you think Bear will be able to give her the cuddles she will need?" Victoria asked, because this was obviously very important business.

"Oh, that sounds good, a substitute Bear! What a lucky girl you are!" Victoria added in respect of the use of Mimosa's grandfather as a secondary Bear.

Seeing the younger witch think for a moment about the words Victoria had offered about the world being boring made the Lawyer watch her for a few moments. There was clear thinking going on in Mimosa's mind, and Victoria did not wish to interrupt. The answer that came was that of a child much more knowledgeable than a girl of her age, but Victoria loved it. "Of course we can, a good opinion on something is not rushed!" She agreed. "We'll discuss when we next meet, if you have enough time to think it over.

The crumpled face brought the guilt out five fold in Victoria, but she kept a happy outward expression. There was no need to make the witch feel bad. "We will go next time, Mimosa. I promise." Victoria told the girl, before nodding and holding out her hand. "Come on then, we'll get you back to the exhibition." She agreed before pausing.

"But, not without your coat." Victoria added, taking it off the painting, and draping it over Mimosa's shoulder. "You don't want to get in trouble for losing it." The older witch explained, before leading Mimosa back towards Kit Harrington's exhibition from which she'd seen the girl depart before.

~ Profile ~ Vickson Playlist ~
~ Slender ~ 30 ~ Bookworm ~ 5' ~ American ~
A handful of limes  - Page 2 Rsz_1v10
Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

Birthday : 2013-08-13

PostSubject: Re: A handful of limes    A handful of limes  - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 29, 2017 2:18 am

It was good to know that Mimosa and Victoria were of similar minds on several key issues such as her grandfather's lack of glasses resulting in an imaginary tail and the proper care of teddies. Rarely did Mimosa ever meet an adult who was as sensible as this lawyer and for that, the child was very glad. Perhaps there was hope for adults after all.

As Victoria moved to retrieve the child's jacket, Mimosa cast one more look a the artwork ehr garment had been covering. Perhaps the ladies really wanted to be photographed that way? And if they did... perhaps it was okay. She would have to think on it more just like she would have to think on the other stuff. Today had turned out to be interesting after all.

As the world witch held her hand, taking her back to the exhibition, Mimosa wondered when she'll see her again. At the door to the main room, the child unexpectedly reached out and clung to Victoria in a fleeting but reeeeeaaaalllllllly tight hug.

"Thank you Victoria, I'm going to go hang out with grandpa now," Releasing the other witch quickly, Mimosa made her way towards the throng of men and women still surrounding her grandfather, quite disheartening in the mix. She couldn't make her way to grandpa directly because he was still busy so the child chose to stand next to an elderly gentlemen looking far too seriously as a photograph of what Mimosa knew was just a simple tree.

Adults were weird, with some exceptions, the child thought, a small smile on her face.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A handful of limes    A handful of limes  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

A handful of limes
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts & Beyond :: Archives :: Archived Threads :: Archives Game Eight (2021-22)-
Jump to: