Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

Josie LeBlanc

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Introduction to Dueling (ALL YEARS)  Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Introduction to Dueling (ALL YEARS)  Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Introduction to Dueling (ALL YEARS)  Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Introduction to Dueling (ALL YEARS)  Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Introduction to Dueling (ALL YEARS)  Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Introduction to Dueling (ALL YEARS)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Introduction to Dueling (ALL YEARS)  Empty
PostSubject: Introduction to Dueling (ALL YEARS)    Introduction to Dueling (ALL YEARS)  EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 4:15 am

All throughout the morning Veronika went through her class plan, she was excited to be up and teaching again. Beauxbatons was fun and an adventure, but this was home, these were her roots. Dueling for her had been fun, if always raising the competitive stakes in her blood from Quidditch, it was then that reflexes came best. For her NEWT level students she planned on raising the stakes, making it harder and testing them, but not in a way she was ready to reveal just yet. For her younger students, she knew what was best for them to begin. Dueling was one of the most important parts of being a wizard or witch and if not dueling then learning quick wand work and keeping them on their toes was a good way to prepare for real life. Not everything was to be as systematic and pre-prepared for them as it was in school.

Not everything happened in black and white and Veronika was hoping that what students got from her year was the essentials of dueling if not being inspired to improve themselves in it. Sipping on her mug of coffee she played with the ends of her braid, humming a happy tune she heard on the radio earlier in the day. Her eyes slid over the classroom that was devoid of students, nervousness and excitement battling within her.
Back to top Go down
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

Birthday : 1998-02-13
Job/hobbies : Legal Adviser

PostSubject: Re: Introduction to Dueling (ALL YEARS)    Introduction to Dueling (ALL YEARS)  EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 7:03 pm

Victoria was, and always had been, a gentle being. You didn't need to know the witch well to see that she was the ray of sunshine everyone needed in their life. Her smile spoke louder than she ever did, and to the witch the world was almost perfect. There had been a blip, almost two years ago, but Victoria refused to acknowledge the dark days she had witnessed.

So being such a gentle being there were some things that Victoria struggled with. But the biggest one was purposefully trying to hurt someone. Like her older brother, Victoria was a defender, never outwardly attacking anything. And thus, offensive magic was almost impossible for the witch.

But that didn't mean she didn't try to work around the things she couldn't do, oh no, Victoria knew that she had to be able to do things to an extent, so she had hurried along to Dueling with a smile in place, and excitement showing quite clearly. Opening the door, Victoria slipped in to the classroom, noting the professor. "Good morning, Professor!" Victoria greeted brightly. "I'm Victoria, Victoria Newbury, and it is just wonderful to have you here!" She explained, moving closer to the professor and waiting for some other students to arrive.

~ Profile ~ Vickson Playlist ~
~ Slender ~ 30 ~ Bookworm ~ 5' ~ American ~
Introduction to Dueling (ALL YEARS)  Rsz_1v10
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Introduction to Dueling (ALL YEARS)    Introduction to Dueling (ALL YEARS)  EmptyThu Mar 05, 2015 1:46 am

Duelling seemed like an interesting class indeed; of course it would be, it involved fighting! Now, Corienna was no pink-loving Princess - even though she did really, really like that colour - and was not afraid of getting down and dirty. Besides, fighting was fun, and now there was an entire class devoted to learning how to do it.

It wasn't too cold, but she found comfort in her jacket, and so it was worn over her dress, unzipped, but hood up. Walking into class, Corien frowned at the emptiness of the room. Where was her best friend? "Late, as usual," she murmured to herself with a grin. While annoying at times, it was something she was used to. And of course, by 'late' she meant later then her, and she was usually always very early. "Hello, Professor," she said, voice flat and toneless; it only ever became animated for Phillip.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Introduction to Dueling (ALL YEARS)    Introduction to Dueling (ALL YEARS)  EmptyThu Mar 05, 2015 5:52 am

Phil need to stop whatever this weird affinity for dragons was that he had begun developing, because seriously it was more than a little unhealthy. It wasn't in a creepy way unhealthy but in a you're missing sleep to read this book, and you're reading. Of course it wasn't bad for him to read, but in his little 12-year-old brain it was a serious sacrifice. Now he was rubbing his eyes and rubbing his neck from how it had been craned over the book as he read about the techniques that developed the most prominent dragon taming. He'd even been reading about this term: "dragon allying". It meant instead of trying to bring the dragon to heel, he would be teaming himself up, putting himself side by side and into the shoes of the dragon in order to understand him better.

Yeah it didn't make much sense to him either, but he was beginning to secretly hope that someday it would. He secretly was working up the argument to tell Corie to switch with him into Care for Magical Creatures, he'd be just fine without her however, things just tended to be more fun when there was someone you trusted with you. Speaking of Corie, as he entered the slightly crowded Transfiguration room, he spotted her curly mass of hair.

"Morning Professor," he greeted with a grin and a nod as he approached his best friend with a jubilant jaunt. "And how'd you sleep, Orieo?" He asked earnestly.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Introduction to Dueling (ALL YEARS)    Introduction to Dueling (ALL YEARS)  EmptyThu Mar 05, 2015 10:43 pm

Naomi slid into the dueling classroom, cringing a bit at the mere thought of fighting. She was too shy to really enjoy fighting anywhere but in books. She didn't like the thought of using her magic to try to hurt somebody, even in defense of herself. Defense Against the Dark Arts was bad enough and at her level, that was against animals, not other humans. She knew she had to attend anyway, so she selected a seat away from everyone else, merely nodding to the professor. Her nerves made her too scared to speak to anyone. She glanced towards the window as the sun came out, blinding her temporarily...

The feel of air rushing past, something wooden in her hands that wasn't her wand. A familiar voice with a face that was just out of reach raised in excitement (or fear?). The solid thunk of metal hitting wood...

Naomi scowled and wrenched herself out of the vision, glaring silently at her desk. She hated getting them in public, even if most people would never even know what had happened before it was over. Still, a vision on top of dueling? This was not shaping up to be a good day.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Introduction to Dueling (ALL YEARS)    Introduction to Dueling (ALL YEARS)  EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 8:25 pm

“Welcome to Dueling everyone,” she said with a smile, “to my First Years, Second and Third years attending you will all share a class period, and my Fourth through Seventh will be in the same period, I apologize if you take nothing from this first lesson as I’ve deigned it to go this way. I merely wanted to introduce myself as your Dueling professor.” Veronika leaned back onto her desk as she tapped her fingers along the edge with a wide, welcoming and bright smile.

“My name is Veronika Rae Hollands, but I prefer you call me Professor Hollands, I teach both Dueling and Transfiguration and would love to see all of you in those classes if possible.” She added in a teasing manner, as she bit her lower lip.

“I know that this lesson is not as well structured as your other ones that you’ve gone to today, and please don’t mistake this class as an easy one as I plan on thoroughly getting Dueling into your bones throughout your years in this class should you chose to take it again. This first lesson really is just my welcoming you to Dueling. The following lessons for first years through third years will include learning the basics, the movements and the flowing of the wand and body motions. For my fourth through seventh years you will be perfecting the actual act of dueling and dueling against each other,” she explained with her hands clasped in front of her, “so please I look forward to seeing you all again and feel free to approach me in the halls whenever you want. I don’t bite, promise.”

With that, classes were out and she was grinning and waving at her students in a friendly manner wishing them a happy break.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introduction to Dueling (ALL YEARS)    Introduction to Dueling (ALL YEARS)  Empty

Back to top Go down

Introduction to Dueling (ALL YEARS)
Page 1 of 1