Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Sorry Gift? (Open)  - Page 3 Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Sorry Gift? (Open)  - Page 3 Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Sorry Gift? (Open)  - Page 3 Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Sorry Gift? (Open)  - Page 3 Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Sorry Gift? (Open)  - Page 3 Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Sorry Gift? (Open)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Sorry Gift? (Open)  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sorry Gift? (Open)    Sorry Gift? (Open)  - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 21, 2018 5:53 am

Mycroft was relieved at her not being offended by his correction. He did not mean to be that person, and he rarely was, but it was an innate thing for him to realize that the history of families was a natural thing. Considering how long he spent reading it was best if he kept it with him until he died. He shivered as the typical "Take it to your grave".

Still as the conversation changed to his sister a small smile rose from his lips. Yes, he really did love his sister very much. And while he wished they were close, he knew that it was possibly too late.

"I do love my sister very much. You know...we were separated at a young age. My father brought me back to England and my grand-mere raised my sister. Eight years is a large game to overcome if I'm perfectly honest, but she's a wonderful woman and I can only hope she allows me to be there for her when she'll need me.

It pained him to admit it, but he knew that time had passed and as usual it went against him. She would nearly be an adult and he knew that he would lose her to teenage angst, adulthood, hormones, or worse - marriage. But he would take advantage of what time he had with her.

"And, if I may, what was your destiny?"

"Mine? Getting married to a pureblood woman, give her children and take over the home once my father decides it's time. I really shouldn't be working" a sardonic smile was sent her way. "but rather live a life of luxury and simple just...be."

It was an awful thing to say but it was true.

"But society is moving forward and one day it will change."

Back to top Go down
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

Birthday : 1998-02-13
Job/hobbies : Legal Adviser

PostSubject: Re: Sorry Gift? (Open)    Sorry Gift? (Open)  - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 21, 2018 5:29 pm

Victoria listened intently as Mycroft explained that he loved his sister very much, openly and unafraid of saying such things aloud. It was refreshing, not seeing the young man shy away from the subject with the fear of looking weak for admitting to loving his younger sister. The comment of being separated for eight years, however, made Victoria's features turn down in to a light frown for a moment.

Why would anyone separate their children unnecessarily?

"I'm sure your sister knows that, whenever she might need you, you will be there for her." Victoria assured the man softly. "It's... just one of those things you know." Victria admitted softly as an after thought, thinking of Jake in that moment and knowing without a doubt her brother would do anything for her in a heartbeat.

Mycroft's destiny was like one out of a Victorian era novel. The young witch couldn't help the small smile that played on her lips at the thought of Mycroft dressed up as Mr. Darcy in that moment, but she pushed the thought away. "Well, whilst I don't see a problem with traditions -- after all, what is a family without traditions? I think that breaking some of the mold is a good thing. Truly. After all, how could you find yourself if you restricted yourself to simply following what your parents told you to do?"

There was a pause, in which Victoria sipped her drink, before she asked. "Do you want to get married and have children, Mycroft? One day, I mean, not right now." The witch asked, blanching a little bit because she realised how very personal that question was.

~ Profile ~ Vickson Playlist ~
~ Slender ~ 30 ~ Bookworm ~ 5' ~ American ~
Sorry Gift? (Open)  - Page 3 Rsz_1v10
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sorry Gift? (Open)    Sorry Gift? (Open)  - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 21, 2018 6:25 pm

It was the mention of Tess maybe knowing how much he loved her that made something in his stomach twist. Victoria's outlook was quite refreshing if not incredibly naive. Yes perhaps his sister did love him, but he knew he had lost that opportunity when he stopped simply being there for her in his own self-involvement.

"Thank you for your kind words Victoria" and that was all he could say. He had surprised himself in even admitting just how fractured his relationship with his sister had become, but he would not mention the underlying issues for the tension. He would rather take the uncomfortable conversation of his path in adulthood than anything else.

"Well, whilst I don't see a problem with traditions -- after all, what is a family without traditions?..."

His lip twitched in amusement to her comment about tradition. While true, the meaning of tradition came at deeper more spirit crushing moments The only thing he could truly be thankful for is for being a firstborn heir. There he had some wiggle room to change some stances compared to other siblings.

It was the question that followed that really stumped him. She too seemed a bit aghast over her question. Rather than quickly answer it, he paused, lifted his drink before properly answering.

"Marriage at the moment seems more of a forced inconvenience. While I don't want to ignore it...it'd be nice one day to marry I suppose." the idea of love was simply not part of this conversation when it came to marriage. "And I like children well enough" He shrugged. "Perhaps one day if my father gets his way I'll have that to appease him. And you?"

Back to top Go down
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Sorry Gift? (Open)    Sorry Gift? (Open)  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 24, 2018 6:47 pm

The way Mycroft spoke of marriage and children was not like any one else that Victoria knew. Jake had -- until he'd met Veronika -- been the kind of man who would play off the idea of marriage. He wanted to get married, and Victoria knew that, but he had something of a bravado about him which meant he never wished to talk about it. Or, that had been how Victoria had read it when he'd been with other girlfriends and hadn't wished to talk about getting married.

But Mycroft was different, he was not going quiet about the subject, nor was he writing off as never going to happen. At the moment... it was business to the man before her, and Victoria couldn't help but feel sorry for the man. Nobody should be forced in to a relationship, in to marriage, if they did not want it.

"I don't think you should ever marry someone to appease your father..." Victoria said softly, but, when all was said and done, she did not truly understand Mycroft's world. It was alien. Even if you'd read up on Pureblood society, it was out of her own experience of the world. But, Victoria did truly hope that Mycroft, living in the twenty first century, was not going to stick to medieval traditions.

"Me?" Victoria let out a soft laugh at the question. "I'm focusing on my career at the moment, truthfully. Being a lawyer is not easy, even less so being a female in the job." She explained, not because she wanted pity, but to show she was not just sitting around waiting for someone to sweep her off her feet. "But, one day, I definitely plan on getting married, having my Dad walk me down the aisle, Mom making the perfect wedding cake, little Adrienne as a flower girl, and Ivan as an usher... Jake, probably torn between happiness and worry... It's definitely a day I am looking forward to! And children are a must! I love them so much! I'm hoping to have... at least four, in truth, however, I think some men might find that thought terrifying.

"But, I'm going to make my name huge in the law world first." Victoria finalised, leaving no doubt in her own mind that she could do this.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sorry Gift? (Open)    Sorry Gift? (Open)  - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 30, 2018 5:02 am

As Victoria began to make her opinion known, he found himself nodded absentmindedly. Yes, he shouldn't have to marry someone to appease his father, but it was how the world was. There were so many factors that went into marriage. No longer was it one out of love, it was of duty, dowry and politics. If he was lucky, he would find a proper pureblood woman, who would have a proper brain within her head and a heart that was willing to at least tolerate him. It was all too much to think about and he was not fond of it to be honest. It was bound to happen at some point but he figured at his age he had a few years before he was forced to be tied down.

Hearing Victoria's viewpoint on marriage was very much out of a fairytale. Was it naive? Absolutely, but it was charming to see it come from an adult. And who was he to burst her bubble? It must have been nice to have an opportunity and not to mention freedom of being able to even dream.

"I'm sure that you will find an appropriate person that can give you what you are hoping to find in life. Of course, your career should come first. Establishing yourself is important no matter what gender."

Back to top Go down
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Sorry Gift? (Open)    Sorry Gift? (Open)  - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2018 10:02 pm

Victoria gave Mycroft a smile as he finalised that her career was more important than getting married or children. Perhaps, behind the Pureblood mannerisms that everyone saw in Mycroft, he was actually a modern man, looking in to the new world with openness. Though, to truly know that, Victoria would have to get to know him much, much more.

But, she had an inkling.

Finishing up her drink, Victoria checked her watch and let out a gasp. "Oh my gosh, is that the time? Oh Merlin, I forgot." She said, more to herself than Mycroft, before her eyes moved up to meet his. "Mycroft, I am so sorry, I have to go! Mrs Phipps is going out this afternoon, and I promised to get this back to her so that she could feed her owl before she went away for the night. I don't know where the time had gotten to. Gosh this is so rude!"

Victoria was reaching for her purse, extracting some money, and laying it on the table. "I think that covers my half of the bill..." Victoria said, checking the coins and deciding she was right before putting her purse back in place and collecting her bags.

"I'll write to you, Mycroft, so that we can arrange to meet up another time. It was great to see you again. And, thank you for having coffee with me, too!" Victoria said, sheepish as she stood from the table. "Right... that's everything... bye Mycroft!" The lawyer said, giving him a small wave before she turned on the spot, apparating home to her apartment before hurrying back out to see Mrs Phipps with the owl food she's collected.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sorry Gift? (Open)    Sorry Gift? (Open)  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sorry Gift? (Open)
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3