Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
A Proposal (Chara & Alexander) - Page 2 Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Yesterday at 4:02 pm

» Election Night (Tessa)
A Proposal (Chara & Alexander) - Page 2 Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
A Proposal (Chara & Alexander) - Page 2 Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
A Proposal (Chara & Alexander) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
A Proposal (Chara & Alexander) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

A Proposal (Chara & Alexander)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

A Proposal (Chara & Alexander) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Proposal (Chara & Alexander)   A Proposal (Chara & Alexander) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 09, 2015 8:00 pm

The joke seemed to lighten the mood, even if only for a moment, and Alexander was glad. Today had been stressful, but it seemed that, already, they had an understanding with one another, and Alexander appreciated that much. A smile touched his lips in that moment, glad to know that the witch he'd chosen wasn't just laughing because he wanted her to, but because she was amused.

The comment on making him happy one day was one that Alexander felt he already knew she meant. There had been something about Chara that the other girls hadn't possessed. Honesty, for one, a mind for two, but ultimately, Alexander couldn't deny that she cared about people around her. Which was a very good trait given their social status.

But he was still learning about her.

The fact Chara found the fountain area beautiful made Alexander smile to himself. The maze had not been enjoyable for the witch, he could work that much out, but this time, it looked like he had done well. "I'm glad you think so." Alexander replied, not calling her up on the stalling because he'd already noted it. Instead, he watched her taking in the view, he'd seen the gardens hundreds of times, now he had something new... something of his own, and he wanted to take a moment to appreciate that.

Her apology, and then gratitude were not something he needed to reply to, so instead, Alexander simply waited for her to come up with an answer to what he'd said. Sometimes it was a quick process with Chara, getting her to be open, sometimes it took him a little while to get the right answer, but he didn't mind which route they took today.

But the hint of nervousness in Chara's response made Alexander's features turn in to a slight frown momentarily, wondering why the witch would be nervous. Had he said something wrong? Was she simply thanking him for the words that she hadn't liked? Alexander wasn't sure, but he waited, wondering whether it would be explained in what she said next.

"If I may, Alexander, why me?"

Without meaning to, Alexander let out a soft chuckle at Chara's question, looking away from her, up the fountain to the small building at the top. The water house, as it was known to everyone who lived here. "Why you..." He mused, his eyes moving back to the witch beside him. "It's a good question, I know why you're asking it. Or, I can at least try to understand anyway." He explained.

"You know I met about twenty girls, in total, some of different nationalities, ethnicity, talents." Alexander explained, not trying to say that they had anything Chara didn't because that wasn't true. "They were boring, Chara. None of them smiled unless it was socially acceptable for them to smile. None of them wanted anything that wasn't already decided for them. I chose you because, despite your lessons on how to be the perfect this, that and the other, you still have room to be you.

"I don't know whether that's the right way to pick my future wife, but I decided to go with the person I could have a conversation with that wasn't already rehearsed." Alexander explained, his cheeks a little more red than normal because that... well, that was quite the confession. "And," He added, his eyes moving back to the water. "I figured it was better to marry someone I knew I liked as a friend already, rather than a stranger."
Back to top Go down

A Proposal (Chara & Alexander)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2