Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Company (OPEN) Emptyby Tessa Greene Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:19 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Company (OPEN) Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Company (OPEN) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Company (OPEN) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
Company (OPEN) Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Company (OPEN)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Company (OPEN) Empty
PostSubject: Company (OPEN)   Company (OPEN) EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 12:36 am

It was two weeks before summer vacation, and Veronika had no idea what she wanted to do with her summer. She had collaborated an entire portfolio of teaching plans, but besides that she had no clue how to spend the months before school. She did plan on visiting her fathers in July, but until then she was just mediating between running around Scotland and Hogsmeade Village. She truly needed to leave her Hogwarts Quarters, it got a tad lonely and a tad boring. No offense to them of course.

Then she got the mail.

Dear bichette,

As you see Madame Souvielle and I have been speaking of your absence. However, that is not the reason I've chosen to write this letter to you. I carry some alarming yet terrific news! I am positive you remember my boyfriend of three years, Edward Courtier, and carry the wonderful news that as of last night he is my fiance. I want you to meet me at my chateaux on the shores of Italy, I'm sure you remember? I want you to meet Edward's family. As it so happens, Edward's sister is going to be far too long in her pregnancy and her bump will be too prominent for her family to bear.

I wish for you to be my Maid of Honor.

With much affection,
Beatrice Orteez
Professor of Muggle Studies of Beauxbatons

Tonight was a night of both solo celebration and solo desperation; she was not only not engaged or in a relationship at a roaring age of 30, but she was to celebrate the good fortune of others. Once she arrived at Hog's Head dressed appropriately for a pub with her wand tucked behind her ear. Ordering Ogden's Finest, she downed two before realizing how pathetic it was to drink alone.

Swirling the contents in a glass, she lifted her's up before looking for another patron to drink with, after establishing eye contact with them, she smiled broadly in a welcomingly manner.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Company (OPEN) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Company (OPEN)   Company (OPEN) EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 4:34 am

After the incident at the Three Broomsticks, Winter had avoided Hogsmeade for a while, as she was too embarrassed to even show her face around the town. Putting on a brand new pair of white jeans, a coral thank top and a black hoodie, Winter set out for her first night out ever since the tea-pee situation. Really, it wasn't half as bad as Winter made herself belief, it had only been close to a week since it happened. As she stepped inside the Hog's Head - because the Three Broomsticks would have been terrifying - Winter pulled her blonde hair into a ponytail. She'd gotten the job as Hogwarts nurse, and that was reason enough to celebrate. Of course, since her silly brothers and sister couldn't make it to celebrate with her, Winter was going to do it alone. What better place for drinking than the Hog's Head? None. She walked up to the bar just as a woman who seemed to be quite a few years older than her lifted up a glass. Taking a seat at the bar, Winter asked for simple firewhiskey. She wasn't really into the whole drinking thing, but she figured she should have to start somewhere.

"Actually, no." She stopped the man behind the bar. "Give me a taste of everything you have." She said, because it never hurt to try anything. Turning to look at the woman, she noticed how she was smiling very friendly, and wearing an outfit that Winter thought was too formal for the usually unkempt pub. "Sorry to bother, but are you celebrating something?" Maybe she was, and maybe Winter could share her news with this strange woman. Trying to find something to compliment the woman on, Winter was at a loss. Personally, she wasn't a fan of the color of her dress, though the dress was pretty from the top half up. She also wasn't a fan of the whole bling idea, so she couldn't compliment the shoes. Finally, Winter's eyes settled on the woman's heart-shaped pendant. "I like your necklace." She smiled. Pushing up the sleeves of her hoodie, Winter turned to the bartender as he brought out some of the drinks, all labeled in messy handwriting. Reading the first one, firewhiskey, Winter took the glass bottle and stared at it. Was she supposed to just chug it? Or was that tequila?

Unsure, she carefully took a sip, and the burning sensation in her lips and insides was too much for her to handle. Pushing the bottle aside, Winter made a mental note to never drink that again. "Nevermind, sir." she pushed the rest of the drinks away too. "I'll just have tea. The rest can be handed out, I'll pay." she smiled at him again as she put down some galleons on the table. Winter wasn't rich, she had never been, but her father liked to send money to all his kids, so that was perfect for her and her past lack of job.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Company (OPEN) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Company (OPEN)   Company (OPEN) EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 5:25 am

Veronika felt her nerves rise within her as she realized it was a rather pretty blonde that was answering her drinking call for company. 

The only female friends she had were at Beauxbatons. Attending Hogwarts when she was younger it was easy to make friends only for them to act as sand and her future goals and aspirations to be a sieve. Eventually they all fell to the wayside, some of them tried their darnedest to keep in touch only for life to get in the way and letters to become fuel for fires. She knew that for other purebloods, life was either back to tradition or it was clean and unchartered. In a traditional sense, some of the women married high-up position and started lives as mothers. Of course prejudice was no longer a reigning feature in marrying up high-position men; most of the next generation of Hogwarts students would definitely be half-bloods or muggles, which Veronika vehemently looked forward too. As for unchartered territory, there was an increase in women Aurors and Dragon Trainers, not to mention Potioneers too. 

Whether they were successful in marriage or successful in the work place, Veronika wished she’d kept in better touch with her old female friends. However as she thought of it now, without them maybe this was a chance to create better lasting ones. If not, conversation was never a negative detail for her day with a shrug she smiled.

“Celebrating the engagement of my best friend, unfortunately alone but I don’t think I’m quite prepared to pack up and visit France just to have a drink when I can do my own party in England,” she replied with a shrug, and another sip of her third, the buzz not even hitting her yet, she smiled politely at the blonde (presumed) witch. “No need to apologize though, I forget that French bars and English ones vary a bit so my attire might’ve not made sense,” she added with a flush as she compared her outfit to the other female’s, not being one to get self conscious too often in the face of another woman she tilted her head, “what’s brought you here?”

“Thank you,” she replied at her compliment to the necklace, she quirked an amused brow at the pushing away of a bottle, remembering that this pub wasn’t quite a bar, “not a fan of alcohol I see, they make good virgin drinks here too. Virgin cosmopolitans are sweet and fruity, but if that’s not your cuppa tea I get it too.” She suggested before asking, “I’ve not seen you around much, are you a student somewhere?” 
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Company (OPEN) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Company (OPEN)   Company (OPEN) EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 5:43 am

The wise words from the lady brought a smile to Winter's lips. "That is very true!" she agreed, "And congratulations to your friend! " Surely words from a stranger were the last thing a bride - or groom - would ever want to hear at their wedding, but it seemed polite to wish them so, whether or not Winter personally knew them. Winter had never been to France, but it must be a beautiful place,,and she couldn't imagine why anyone would ever pass up on the opportunity to visit the country. Nevertheless, she wasn't going to judge the woman's judgment now. She seemed very friendly, after all

It seemed a bit funny to Winter that the woman had mentioned her attire, because Winter hadn't publicly said anything she had thought. "No worries." Winter smiled. Really, there wasn't much she could say about it. The woman could wear a tracksuit and she'd looked equally pretty. She had one of those naturally beautiful faces, the kind that Winter was often jealous of. Seeing as she spoke of France as something very familiar, Winter couldn't help but wonder, "Are you French?" She certainly didn't have an accent, but then again Winter didn't have a Sicilian one either. Maybe, like Winter, the lady had a non-English heritage. "What's brought me here?" Winter repeated the question, somewhat startled by it as she had not expected it to be asked.

As the man brought her the tea she had asked for, Winter poured some of the liquid into her cup. "I'm doing some celebrating of my own. I suppose." she settled on that answer. Then, taking a sio of her hot drink, she continued, "I figured I could drink something different tonight, but I am a weakling when it comes to alcohol." she raised her cup of tea, demonstrating what a lame drinker she was. "I've been chosen - rather, hired - as Hogwarts' Assistant Healer." she revealed, "First real job, so that's exciting." She bounced a bit, her happiness not so easily contained. Of course, her first job was probably nothing compared to a marriage, but Winter would take the profession over the wedding in the blink of an eye. No, rephrase that. Winter would only take the wedding over the profession if it was a wedding to a certain someone.

Winter smiled again as the lady commented on her lameness and suggested virgin drinks. "Noooo...I'd rather stick to my tea." Winter wasn't one to notice people much, maybe only the ones who she already knew and would often be on the look out for, but other than that she never really paid attention. "I just finished my last year of uni." Winter said proudly, because if she wasn't proud of herself, nobody else would be.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Company (OPEN) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Company (OPEN)   Company (OPEN) Empty

Back to top Go down

Company (OPEN)
Page 1 of 1