Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Back to Basics [Elenore] Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Back to Basics [Elenore] Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Back to Basics [Elenore] Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Back to Basics [Elenore] Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Back to Basics [Elenore] Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Back to Basics [Elenore]

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Back to Basics [Elenore] Empty
PostSubject: Back to Basics [Elenore]   Back to Basics [Elenore] EmptySat Feb 17, 2018 8:15 am

With everything that had been going on in her life, Nerisei had forgotten all about her Music Studies. Something that saddened the witch a little too much. She hadn't meant to 'abandon' her violin. No. After all, playing the violin was something that helped her express herself more than anything. The way her fingers slid down the strings, her bow coming down, creating that beautiful melody. It was calming. And calmness was something she needed.

This is how the Ravenclaw witch found herself in the Music Room, that Saturday evening. Most of the students were at Hogsmeade, others in their Common Room, either playing a game of Wizard Chess, or talking the night away. Whatever the case, Nerisei was glad she wasn't there. But the moment she placed her things down, memories of her and Dimitri in this same room flooded her head, causing the young witch to sigh.

It had been a week since their talk, and... they had worked things out. They were friends. Just friends. But it wasn't easy to erase every memory they had together. Especially in this room. Because it was here that Nerisei felt the spark with him. This was the place that had made it impossible for her to forget him.
Her fingers softly touched the keys of the Grand Piano that stood proudly in the room, and she almost felt the brush of his hand all over again.

Get a grip, the witch thought, as she abruptly pulled back, wiping a tear that hadn't had the chance to roll down her face. Getting out her Violin, she placed it aside for a little bit. The bow came out next and after it was all tight and full of rosin, Nerisei grabbed her Violin once more, placing it on her shoulder, before resting her chin on the chinrest.

Taking a deep breath, the Ravenclaw witch closed her eyes and let herself play anything that came to mind. Not a particular piece, no. Right now, it was all about feeling.
Back to top Go down
Elenore Clement
Adult
Adult
Elenore Clement

Birthday : 2006-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Back to Basics [Elenore]   Back to Basics [Elenore] EmptySun Mar 04, 2018 11:22 am

After Christmas had passed, Elenore's mind was all over the place. The certainty with which she'd known things before that day had been rudely thrown in to question. But Grandmere couldn't be so wrong with things, could she? No, the matriarch of the Palace knew everything so very well, she'd been doing this for a long time...

But, that did not mean that Elenore could get things to settle in her mind.

Being back at the castle was not something Elenore had wanted, in truth, it was something that made her feel homesick even more after the break. She wanted to be with her Grandmere, safe from the world, from her Maman, from everyone. But just because you wanted something in this world, it did not mean you would be allowed it.

Elenore's feet moved up towards the music room on their own accord, her hands carefully wrapped around her folder of sheet music that she kept with her at the school. There weren't many pieces within, but they were all of Elenore's favourite pieces. The challenging pieces of Chopin, Beethoven and Liszt resided inside the folder, pieces Elenore had mastered a couple of years ago, but kept playing in order not to lose the accomplishment of being able to play.

And, right at the back of the folder, behind all of the pieces famous across the world, resided a copy of her Maman's composition, a copy that had been stolen by the youngest Clement over the holidays, one she wished to learn herself so that she could learn to play as beautifully as her Maman.

It was a secret, though, of course. Elenore would never admit to wanting to be like her Maman in that respect, but her actions would always deceive her.

As Elenore opened the door to the music room, though, she found it already in use. The sound of the violin filling the room instead of the piano today. Elenore had only ever mastered the piano, other instruments had never been to her taste, but she could admire the work done by others. And that was precisely what the youngest Clement was going to do as she closed the door softly behind her, listening to the work of the violinist in that moment.

As she stepped forth in to the room, Elenore realised she'd walked in on Nerisei's work. The girl whom she'd met in the owlery before Christmas was a musician -- something she had not known before. It was always nice to find others who shared your interests, even if they weren't from the same echelons as yourself. Though, Elenore reminded herself, there were very few people who were.

Nerisei seemed to be lost in her piece, but Elenore didn't mind, instead focusing on the composition. It was not a tidy piece, no, Nerisei seemed to be jumping from muse to muse, but the undertones... the undertones spoke of something Elenore could recognise and recognise well within a piece of music.

Frustration.

What Nerisei might be frustrated about, though, Elenore could not tell. So, she simply waited for Nerisei to finish the piece she was working through before making herself known. "You play well, Nerisei," Elenore complimented softly, moving in to the room a little bit to show herself. "I apologise for lurking whilst you were playing, but it would be criminal to interrupt a musician midway through their piece, as I'm sure you would agree.

"Though, I think to say it was a piece would be inaccurate of me." Elenore added, showing she knew it was not a single, specific song being played. She did not intrude further, though, Elenore knew that many people would not like to share their reasoning for playing such a song.

~ Diary ~ Profile ~ Kelenore Playlist ~
~ Ambitious ~ 21 ~ Slim ~ 5'6" ~ Athletic ~
Back to Basics [Elenore] Signat12
Thank you to the amazing Kiera for my signature <3
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Back to Basics [Elenore]   Back to Basics [Elenore] EmptySun Mar 04, 2018 12:18 pm

Nerisei's thoughts were all over the place. She didn't know how to pull herself together, to be honest. Every time she tried to figure out what to do with Dimitri, she ended up in the same spot. Unable to let him go. But how could she truly be so wrong? Dimitri had denied any sort of spark, or feeling between them, but Nerisei was sure. She had felt... something!
And then, she ended up outside his dorm, more drunk than ever and expressed all of her feelings to him. How stupid could she be? A lot, obviously, but the worst part was the talk that followed. Because she was twice as stupid to think that Dimitri liked her back. They had agreed to stay friends, but it was easy for him. Nerisei had to wander around acting as if nothing ever happened. As if she felt nothing. And all those bottled up emotions led to one thing.

Frustration.

And she couldn't deal with it.

She had believed that practicing her violin would help her release all that tension and frustration that were dragging her down. But the more she played, the more she felt it. She wasn't releasing anything. She was simply making these feelings a melody, sharing it. It was as if she wanted people to know that she was not okay. That she was suffering. That she didn't want to do this. Nerisei didn't want to pretend. But she couldn't lose Dimitri, could she?
The internal fight with herself, though, prevented the witch from hearing the entry of another person in the room. It wasn't until Nerisei stopped playing, and the voice spoke up, that Nerisei noticed them.

Her.

Elenore Clement. The last person she expected to stumble upon today.

The compliment that came her way was acknowledged with a small nod and a 'thank you'. Nerisei relaxed her shoulders, allowing the violin to leave her shoulders so that she could hold it, along with her bow, in one hand.

"I apologise for lurking whilst you were playing, but it would be criminal to interrupt a musician midway through their piece, as I'm sure you would agree.

"Though, I think to say it was
a piece would be inaccurate of me."

She knew. Of course, she did, the voice in Nerisei's head spoke. Elenore had grew up into music, obviously, and Neri wasn't really doing a very good job on hiding how frustrated and hurt she was. Her music, after all, spoke for herself. Plus, the Clement princess would have recognised a classic piece, if Neri was playing one.

"It... It was not a piece, yes. It was mostly what my fingers felt like playing. At times, when I am... tensed," Nerisei explained, careful with her words, "I allow myself to just... play. No music score, just... music."
Neri took a deep breath, trying to calm her beating heart. She was still not calm though. She could still feel the tension and the frustration clawing its way up her back. Dimitri was going to destroy her.

"What brings you here? Came to practice?" The Ravenclaw witch asked, changing the subject. She didn't want to talk about Dimitri right now. But even if she did, how could she? Elenore was not her friend, and that was not because Nerisei had chosen to stay away. And she was also a Pureblood. She could never understand how it felt to be a Muggleborn, in love with a Pureblood. How it felt knowing that you have no future with the one you actually want.
Back to top Go down
Elenore Clement
Adult
Adult
Elenore Clement

PostSubject: Re: Back to Basics [Elenore]   Back to Basics [Elenore] EmptySun Mar 04, 2018 1:01 pm

Nerisei's obvious discomfort upon speaking of her whimsical playing made Elenore feel slightly bad in that moment. She hadn't wished to make her uncomfortable with the words she'd spoken, only show that, from one musician to another, she understood the moment.

Or, kind of understood, at least.

"I do the same, to an extent. When emotions are running high I return to the piano and pick out a really challenging piece. Whilst you play to the feelings, I work through them by distracting myself with some of Beethoven's sonatas" Elenore explained, hoping this would aid the Ravenclaw witch in relaxing in that situation. "Though, it doesn't have to be Beethoven, that was merely an example." The witch explained, because she knew Beethoven was not something that everyone could play, and she didn't want to hurt Nerisei with the idea that she wasn't as good.

Though, of course, Elenore didn't truly know Nerisei's talents.

"I had come to practice, but I wouldn't wish to intrude on your time. What grade are you?" Elenore asked, motioning to the violin in her hand. From the brief stint of the non-sheeted playing, Elenore could tell Nerisei would be quite far along in her grading of the instrument, if she was doing the exams, of course.

Elenore had her grade one to eight certificates merely as formality, in truth. The examiner's had been much too terrified of the Clement name to truly criticise Elenore's playing, though she had known she'd made less than five mistakes in all of the pieces she'd made. They were only a piece of paper, though, they meant little and less to Elenore.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Back to Basics [Elenore]   Back to Basics [Elenore] EmptySun Mar 04, 2018 3:41 pm

I do the same, to an extent. When emotions are running high I return to the piano and pick out a really challenging piece. Whilst you play to the feelings, I work through them by distracting myself with some of Beethoven's sonatas,"

Nerisei nodded softly, in understanding, as Elenore spoke. It was obvious that the witch was trying to make Nerisei feel better about the situation she was in, and a small part of her was glad that someone was trying to help, in a way. But Elenore couldn't possibly understand. The difference between the Muggle and and Pureblood world were great, and unlike Nerisei, Elenore didn't have to go through situations Neri did. Elenore was a Princess, always provided with the best. And even though Nerisei was provided with everything she needed as well, life was different for a Muggle. Because Neri wasn't and would never be a Pureblood Princess.

So instead, Nerisei remained silent, not really knowing what to say to the older witch. It seemed as if Neri was at a loss of words. Thankfully, Elenore changed the subject, and Nerisei shook her head. The Hufflepuff witch wasn't intruding at all. After all, it was the Music Room, and everyone could come in to practice. Nerisei just happened to be here first, but that didn't mean no one else could accompany her.

"You are not intruding, Elenore. You are free to practice. Maybe, if you'd like, I could accompany you." Nerisei offered. The violin was a great companion to the piano, and there were lots of pieces for duets. If Elenore didn't mind, Nerisei would stay and play along with her.
"I am actually a Grade Nine. I have been playing since I was a little child so..." The Ravenclaw witch made a small pause. She didn't want to come out as a arrogant. "You must be a Grade Nine as well, right?" Assuming that they have been playing all their life, Elenore should have finished her studies by now.
Back to top Go down
Elenore Clement
Adult
Adult
Elenore Clement

PostSubject: Re: Back to Basics [Elenore]   Back to Basics [Elenore] EmptyMon Mar 05, 2018 9:18 pm

The offer to be joined by Nerisei in a duet, of sorts, was one that Elenore had not been expecting. Truthfully, when she found others in the music room, they always seemed to have an errand to run, or insisted they wouldn't intrude upon Elenore's time. The Clement name proceeded her greatly, often isolating the young witch, and yet, here stood Nerisei defying the norms of the other students like her.

"I would like that, very much..." Elenore replied to the witch with a smile. The only other person to have attempted to duet with her Elenore was her Maman. But the older witch's obvious talent at the piano was one that made Elenore nervous, making more mistakes in her work that she would normally make. No, a duet with her Maman had never been a success, but perhaps Nerisei's company would be different than the experiences she'd had before.

"Nine, yes." Elenore replied simply. Perhaps there had been nine certificates that had been signed off back at the Palace. The achievement had been celebrated upon its arrival, and long since it had been forgotten. After all, what was the use in an achievement that no one particularly cared for past a 'well done', before they moved on to the more important things around the Palace?

"Did your family insist upon you learning the violin, or was it personal choice?" Elenore posed the question, moving to the piano and gracefully taking a seat atop the bench. The grand piano in the music room was not the best quality instrument in the world, but it was good enough not to offend one's ears when it was played. A small mercy of the school board, she was sure.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Back to Basics [Elenore]   Back to Basics [Elenore] EmptyMon Mar 05, 2018 10:00 pm

"I would like that, very much..."

As Elenore agreed on her proposition of accompanying her, Nerisei smiled widely. It had been some time, since she had played a violin and piano duet. One year, to be specific. Her last duet was with Dimitri, in this very room. It was the day that Nerisei had finally figured out how much of a crush she had on the young wizard. And yet, here she were, again, in the very same room she had met him, trying to forget him. Or, at least, try to sort out her thoughts about him.

The fact that Elenore was a grade nine, as well, didn't surprise the witch at all. Elenore Clement, was one of the most well known Pureblood ladies in the castle. She, most certainly, had everything she wished for and more. Music was something they would, obviously, teach her from a young age. So Nerisei didn't comment on that one. As long as Elenore loved playing the piano, the Ravenclaw didn't care much about anything else.

"Did your family insist upon you learning the violin, or was it personal choice?"

Nerisei almost raised an eyebrow at that, but, once again, she knew where this was coming from. Pureblood ladies were, almost always, forced to do things they may not want. So, maybe, Elenore was forced to learn the piano, even though Nerisei didn't believe so. The Hufflepuff witch seemed to love her music really much, so even if she was forced to learn, she certainly didn't do it with a heavy heart.

"My choice, actually. Though, my mother is an artists. She paints. So, I was exposed in a form of art, since I was a baby. I always loved music. And the violin touched parts of my soul that I never knew existed so..." A nervous laugh escaped the witch. She was babbling, and probably sharing things with Elenore, that the Pureblood girl didn't truly care about.

"And you?"
Back to top Go down
Elenore Clement
Adult
Adult
Elenore Clement

PostSubject: Re: Back to Basics [Elenore]   Back to Basics [Elenore] EmptyTue Mar 06, 2018 9:01 pm

Elenore listened to Nerisei's explanation that the violin had been her own choice and not one that had been pushed upon her. That was a very mature decision to have made for a small child to pick out the violin. Though Nerisei might have believed it to be her own choice, Elenore had a little bit of a notion that the choice had been somewhat swayed by Nerisei's parents.

If only slightly.

It was, however, interesting to find that Nerisei's mother was an artist. "Is that her career choice, or her hobby?" Elenore asked, curious to know if the witch's mother had any of her own exhibitions if it were career based. Of course, modern artists were not overly likeable, they seemed to lack the... class, of the classical artists whose work adorned the hallways of the Palace, but Elenore decided to try to keep an open mind when it came to Nerisei's mother's medium.

"The piano is usually taught to all females in our society. If you cannot play an instrument... well, you end up quite the embarrassment. Some stray from the classical choice of the piano to the harp, or the violin, or even more extreme cases have known the guitar to come in to play. It serves as a great point of entertainment, showing off your child's skill to the world." Elenore explained, more matter of factly than in a manner that would suggest she hated the idea.

"My Maman also plays the piano, but she composes her own pieces too. She's... very good at what she does, and she tried to teach me to work as she does too." Elenore explained, avoiding Nerisei's eyes as she spoke of her own mother. Elenore had never been close to her Maman, and talking about the piano and her Maman was never something Elenore felt comfortable with.

"Do you have any pieces you prefer to play? If you'd like to play together?" Elenore asked, keeping the conversation moving so that they would not linger on the thoughts of her Maman.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Back to Basics [Elenore]   Back to Basics [Elenore] EmptyWed Mar 14, 2018 1:25 pm

"Is that her career choice, or her hobby?"

The question actually caught the witch off guard. Talking about her parents was not something Nerisei had been doing at all, all these years that she had been at Hogwarts. They were Muggle, with Muggle jobs, and people at Hogwarts were simply not interested in such subjects. Plus, the less they knew about her parents, the better. Neri had always been a private person, and she wanted to keep it that way for as long as possible. But Elenore was genuinely curious, and Nerisei didn't feel like not giving the fellow witch an answer.

"Her career choice. She is actually a very prestigious artist. But, in the Muggle World. Therefore, I am sure your parents wouldn't be particularly interested in any of her works." It was the truth, and even if it hurt Nerisei to know that this chasm between Purebloods and Muggleborns was that deep, the Ravenclaw offered Elenore a smile, to show that, in a way, it was okay. There wasn't much either of them could do about it.

As the Hufflepuff explained how the piano was something that every Lady was expected to know how to play, Nerisei nodded. Pureblood customs were never something Nerisei approved of, or liked. Forcing someone to love music, and learn how to play an instrument was not going to broaden his knowledge in any way. Some people were not made for music, yet, Purebloods seemed to not understand that. Nerisei noted how Elenore avoided her gaze at the mention of her mother, and the Ravenclaw witch understood. Elenore was not comfortable with sharing any other details about her mother. She was already having a hard time mentioning her. The reason behind that was unknown to Neri, but she was not going to snoop. Respecting Elenore was the first thing a friend should do.

"Do you have any pieces you prefer to play? If you'd like to play together?"

Nerisei shook her head. To be honest, there were a couple of pieces she would have preferred to play, but this time, she just wanted to see what the fellow witch would pick. No modern piece, of course, but what classical piece was the Clement Princess going to choose? Would be sad? Happy? Music was a way to express your feelings, of that much Nerisei was positive. And now, the Ravenclaw wanted to see whether Elenore was going to keep hiding these feelings, or let go, even for a moment.

"It's up to you."
Back to top Go down
Elenore Clement
Adult
Adult
Elenore Clement

PostSubject: Re: Back to Basics [Elenore]   Back to Basics [Elenore] EmptySat Mar 17, 2018 12:43 pm

Nerisei's reply to whether the art was a job or a hobby was one that caught Elenore off guard for a moment, looking to the Ravenclaw witch curiously in that moment, before a soft smile touched her lips. Apparently someone was not quite aware of the Clement's standing in the world. "I don't wish to be rude, Nerisei, so please don't take it this way, but you're statement is actually very wrong." Elenore explained softly, showing she didn't wish to cause offence.

Taking up her seat upon the piano bench, Elenore tucked her ankles neatly together, and looked to Nerisei in that moment, contemplating the witch and deciding it would not hurt in the slightest to create a line of enquiry here instead.

"Have you ever read the history of France? Or, rather, the history revolving around my family?" Elenore asked, thought it was clear there would be no judgement from the Hufflepuff witch if the Ravenclaw had not. They were, after all, in England. The English didn't much like the French, and Elenore suspected -- or rather, knew -- the history of the great families of France were not taught very often in this country.

A shame, really, the history of France was quite an exciting read.

The admittance that it was up to her to pick a piece made Elenore turn to her folder, looking through a number of pieces before stopping upon a Mozart piece that everyone in the world had to know. "How would the Turkish March suit you?" Elenore asked. It was a challenging piece, but as they had already distinguished, they were both very capable.

It just depended how well they could integrate with one another's playing that would be the challenge, Elenore supposed.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Back to Basics [Elenore]   Back to Basics [Elenore] Empty

Back to top Go down

Back to Basics [Elenore]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next