Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Butterbeer (James) Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Butterbeer (James) Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Butterbeer (James) Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Butterbeer (James) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Butterbeer (James) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Butterbeer (James)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Butterbeer (James) Empty
PostSubject: Butterbeer (James)   Butterbeer (James) EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 9:14 am

Once again, here she was in a restaurant. The thought the weight she'd soon be gaining made her frown as she sipped on her butterbeer. It was late Saturday afternoon and the Three Broomsticks Inn was still overly crowded. She wasn't very fond of the crowd, but she wanted a Butterbeer and she didn't want to stick her nose into the Hogs Head, that place disgusted her.

Aimee was dressed casual today, beginning her lesson plans for the new term. She had on a flowy, coral blouse, patterned leggings and matching coral vans. Her long, wavy hair was adorned with a flowered headband and she chewed on a piece of spearmint gum. She wore leggings most of the time now, because her jeans were too small, but maternity jeans were too big and she despised the hairband trick. She had firmly decided that when term started, she'd wear maxi dresses and by the time winter showed, she'd be massive enough to wear maternity pants.

She looked to the door as she heard the familiar chime of yet another customer. There was absolutely no space for him at all, unless he sat with someone, but that wasn't her business. Looking up again, she noticed it was a man, definitely older than her, but not my much. He took a seat across from her, inside her booth and she sighed internally looking back at his paperwork. What did he want?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Butterbeer (James) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Butterbeer (James)   Butterbeer (James) EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 12:01 pm

James was ready for the summer to come, what with his new position at the school, he was more than actively around the castle. Making sure he had the supplies and the he had everything he needed for living in. There wasn't exactly any point of commuting seeing as he was being offered a home at the castle.

But, with the summer now here, James knew that he wasn't going to have much company up at the castle, so instead he'd decided to head down to Hogsmeade to get dinner.

to be honest, it was becoming something of a local to James now, because he'd been coming back and forth for days.

Opening the door, James moved to the bar, ordering some chicken and chips and a glass of Firewhiskey. Being told that it would be a short while, James turned to see where he could sit. The place was full, as to be expected of the small pub, but there was a witch seated on her own and he decided to go and join her. Slipping in to the seat opposite the witch, James gave her a small smile.

"Hi." He murmured in greeting. "I'm not intruding, am I? There just isn't anywhere else to sit, and I have food coming. I won't be long." He insisted, though he had absolutely no intention of moving even if the witch said it wasn't okay.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Butterbeer (James) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Butterbeer (James)   Butterbeer (James) EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 1:06 pm

He wasn't intruding was he? NOT INTRUDING? She wished she could tell him just how much he "wasn't intruding, however, she decided to play it nice. She needed more friends anyways and she didn't want to make anyone actually hate her. If only she had a sarcastic sense of humour, oh well. "Of course not," she replied cheerfully, "I was just beginning my lesson plans for September." She wasn't lying, she was doing her lesson plans and trying to avoid eating what felt like the trillionth meal for today.

"No hurries, take your time, "she reassured him, mainly because she knew how bad her pregnancy hormones would be if she slipped and said the wrong thing. He was a handsome looking follow, not her type, even if she were single, but someone would surely snatch him up if he gave them a chance.

She felt a familiar rumbling in her stomach and ordered some more food as a waitress passed by, a burger, yum. Usually, she wasn't big on red meat, but now, she ate whatever filled her up. Chicken nauseated her but but she craved burgers. She also requested another Butterbeer along with a water. The wait time didn't bother her too much as it gave her more time to write her lesson plans and talk to this stranger. Looking up at him, she decided to introduce herself. "I'm Aimee Valentine, you are?" she cocked an eyebrow as the question finished.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Butterbeer (James) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Butterbeer (James)   Butterbeer (James) EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 1:16 pm

Knowing that he wasn't intruding changed nothing to James, he wasn't overly interested in the social norms of intrusion. Which, often got him in a lot of trouble with various people, but in all honesty, James didn't care for trouble either. Which was probably why when he was at school he was the abnormal Hufflepuff who was up and down from the Headmaster's office like a yo yo

Making himself comfortable by shrugging off his coat and laying it down on the chair beside him, James sat back in his seat, straight backed, before putting an arm over the back of the long chair. There, now he was comfortable, and able to see most of the room.

Great.

At the introductions, James, let out a small laugh. "My apologies, that was vastly rude of me." James apologised. "My name is James, James Balan." He explained, looking at what she was doing, almost subtly. "I'm guessing you're from the school too? What are you going to be teaching next year?"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Butterbeer (James) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Butterbeer (James)   Butterbeer (James) EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 8:47 pm

Aimee tried to ignore him him once he started making himself comfortable, but it became quite hard. He almost didn't seem interested in her, which didn't bother her. She wasn't into taking right now and she wasn't interested in meeting men for any reason in particular.

Once he had gotten comfortable, he introduced himself as James and realised she meant lesson plans for Hogwarts. By his statement, she assumed he worked at Hogwarts, "Oh, yeah, I'll be teaching Care of Magical Creatures as well as heading the Slytherin house," she smiled proudly. She was so glad she'd get to do something to make a difference in the young lives of students. She was almost finished her lesson plans for the third lesson, when they finally brought her food out. She smiled and thanked the waitress making a note to leave soon after so if she got hungry she could go elsewhere.

When she took a small bite of her burger, she cherished it. Someone was going cold and hungry tonight while she was here, warm and content. She knew that if she chomped this burger down fast she'd still be hungry, so she took her time and allowed her food to begin settling. She also took small sips of her Butterbeer and water, not wanting to run out and wait for the waitress to make her way back this way. "So what do you there?" she asked, in reference to Hogwarts.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Butterbeer (James) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Butterbeer (James)   Butterbeer (James) EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 12:01 pm

There was only a small wait for the food to come, and a few moments later, James was tucking in to his chicken and chips quite happily. Yes, it wasn't overly healthy, but James could quite easily work it all off when he hit the gym the next day.

The comment on what she was teaching brought something of a smirk to James' lips. Care of Magical Creatures had always been something he'd deemed... well, for people who couldn't do much else. There was little magic involved for the most part, and honestly he didn't rate it as a subject.

But that was only his opinion, and he decided not to comment on her job.

"I teach Potions." James replied to the question of his own career. "Or will be, anyway." James told the witch, giving a small shrug and turning back to his food. "Seems the school can't hold professors, if the rumours are true. Bit of a poor show, really." He added, shaking his head.

"Perhaps the kids are demons? Who knows." He added, more for his personal amusement that anything else.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Butterbeer (James) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Butterbeer (James)   Butterbeer (James) EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 8:21 am

The smell of his chicken made the nausea strike her...hard. She took a sip of her water and thought about field of sunflowers and butterflies to take her mind off the fact she wanted to hurl. As she fought to finish her food and actually manage to keep it down, she grabbed a mint from her bag and popped it into her mouth, the nausea beginning to diminish a little. As he ate, she decided to finish her third lesson plan. It had been hard choosing what it was she wanted to teach on, but even harder dividing up which grade learned about what. Once she had that figured out, it'd be the same year after him.

She looked up only when he began to speak in response to her prior question. Potions had never been her strong spot, she was always best in Charms and Transfiguration, however, she'd never been interested in becoming an Animagi as much as she was interested in dealing with animals. His comment on the school not being about to hold professors reminded her of when Harry Potter was in school. "Doesn't it just remind you of the Harry Potter years?" she smirked, not quite shocked. Old habits seem to stick around quite a lot. She shook her head in a sarcastic manner as he added the last bit. If anything, the professors were demons.

In her experience, it was often the teachers who were in the wrong more so than the students. However, there were those rare occasions, and the kid had to be the Spawn of Satan. In her opinion, the school just hadn't found the right one yet, and whether he was or wasn't, she wasn't the judge of that. She also wouldn't tell him that she didn't think they'd found the right professor yet in case he was a debater or thought she was referring to him.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Butterbeer (James) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Butterbeer (James)   Butterbeer (James) EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 5:01 pm

James was completely unaware of the situation he'd put the witch in, though if asked, he would have said it was her fault for not saying anything, not his own. Selfish as that might be, James wasn't too bothered.

The comment on the 'Harry Potter years' made James look up to the witch with a raised eyebrow. "I guess." He murmured in response, turning back to his food. "Though, that was just Defence, I believe." He added, giving a small shrug. "From what I've heard, the current Defence professor has been in place for a few years now." He added, though that was only rumour.

"So, what are you planning on 'inspiring' the young minds with? Practical lessons, or theory?" James asked, deciding if he had to sit with this witch, he might as well use her for his own entertainment if nothing more. "If you want to share, of course." He added a moment later.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Butterbeer (James) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Butterbeer (James)   Butterbeer (James) EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 8:51 pm

Oi. That's what she meant when she said it. Back in Harry Potter's day, Hogwarts couldn't keep a Defense Against the Dark Arts professor, much like now they can't keep a Potions professor, but whatever, she didn't need to explain herself. She simply nodded in acknowledgement. She allowed her thoughts to wander to the past, to what she'd been taught while she was attending Hogwarts. It seemed like forever ago, yet it wasn't. Technically, she wasn't even old enough to have known Harry Potter, which makes her feel better about her age.

She listened to him when he asked her whether she was teaching practical or theory. "Mostly practical, some theory." she replied, not yearning to give away any details. She knew her first lessons would be about Firecrabs, because they were a lot better than the usual Flobberworm lessons, but the other lessons would vary depending on how well the students were with the Firecrabs. She always hated the Flobberworm lessons as a student. It was so easy to overfeed them and kill them and they were just disgusting creatures. "What about you?" she returned the question to the seemingly curious man.

She wasn't annoyed or anything by him, she just was growing exhausted and hungry once more. She made a mental note to stop by Florean Fortescue's once she left here to pick her up a couple scoops of watermelon ice cream.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Butterbeer (James) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Butterbeer (James)   Butterbeer (James) EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 3:06 pm

The witch before him wasn't overly talkative, and James was becoming bored. Merlin he hoped she was more fun in her classes or her students simply weren't going to engage. At least she was relatively pretty, that might keep another man's interest, he supposed. His was over the hills by now, far, far away.

It would be rude to just leave, however, so he remained to be polite.

"Well, potions is examined on practical application, so I will be teaching my kids practical and setting them homework on the theory. That should get the best out of all of them." He explained, not really caring what she thought of that. The practical was the most important to him, and he simply wasn't going to allow failure.

And then the conversation fell dead. James looked down at his food, running one hand through his fringe to check it was still in place. Once he was satisfied, he continued eating, careful enough not to spill anything over himself.

He sat quietly eating for a small while, finishing up his food and then drinking his drink in a polite manner. "Well, I am afraid as much fun as this has been," He started, not being sarcastic, but not really meaning it either. "I have some more work to do. It was a pleasure meeting you, I'll see you around." James told the witch, getting up from the booth and heading to the bar. He dropped a few coins in gratitude and then headed out of the door without looking back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Butterbeer (James) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Butterbeer (James)   Butterbeer (James) Empty

Back to top Go down

Butterbeer (James)
Page 1 of 1