Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Breakaway (Odysseas & Victoria) - Page 2 Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Breakaway (Odysseas & Victoria) - Page 2 Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Breakaway (Odysseas & Victoria) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Breakaway (Odysseas & Victoria) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Breakaway (Odysseas & Victoria) - Page 2 Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Breakaway (Odysseas & Victoria)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

Birthday : 1998-02-13
Job/hobbies : Legal Adviser

Breakaway (Odysseas & Victoria) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breakaway (Odysseas & Victoria)   Breakaway (Odysseas & Victoria) - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 22, 2018 8:24 pm

The comment on the cold brought a soft laugh to Victoria's lips, before she nodded in acceptance of that statement. "Quite probably you're right there, but the sun and it's warmth are much more my cup of tea. As beautiful as the winter can be in quite cruel in Minnesota." She offered, giving a small insight as to where she was from. Definitely not the sunshine states like California, though.

As they fell in to step -- Victoria quite glad that the male took to her pace and not his own -- the witch felt quite relieved to have someone take her mind off of the quietness of the moment. Her feet dabbled slightly in the soft sands of the beach as they walked, the waves softly lapping at the skin as they walked. This... was quite beautiful she realised as they walked.

The question of how she had lost her job, and then why she had not found other employment was one Victoria contemplated for a moment. Two months ago, she had been hysterical with the problem, but now... now Victoria knew that these things were only set backs, and an opportunity to learn from them. But, finding the right way to explain, without giving too much away was not always easy.

Client confidentiality was, after all, paramount.

"Did someone do this to you? Did you anger a person of power?"

Victoria couldn't help but let out the soft melodic giggle of hers at that question, shaking her head. "You're quite insightful, Mr Venizelos..." Victoria complimented the man beside her, allowing another moment to pass before she continued. "I insisted with one of our clients that he follow the correct protocol on a matter of his family. One that was somewhat unorthodox to simply permit without all the boxes being ticked. I was... just doing my job, in truth, and I got fired for it. Money talks, I guess, and the choice my employer made was not one he found difficult...

"As for why I haven't been accepted elsewhere... I could speculate, but I would rather just assume that I'm coming in for a job at the wrong time." Victoria admitted, however naive that might sound, it was the only way she could stay hopeful. For if she could not work within the United Kingdom... everything she had worked for would be useless without another set of exams.

"But, enough about me. The evening is too beautiful to be tied down by woes. The company much too pleasant, and my time on this island much too short." Victoria replied, smiling as she took another sip of the wine. "What do you do, Odysseas?" She asked, genuinely not knowing him by name, and why would she? She didn't know very much about Greece -- something she would have to correct -- or the people who lived there.

~ Profile ~ Vickson Playlist ~
~ Slender ~ 30 ~ Bookworm ~ 5' ~ American ~
Breakaway (Odysseas & Victoria) - Page 2 Rsz_1v10
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Breakaway (Odysseas & Victoria)   Breakaway (Odysseas & Victoria) - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2018 9:06 pm

Walking alongside a woman who had no idea who he truly was made Odysseas feel refreshed. It had been a while since the man was able to enjoy the company of a beautiful woman, without her being a Lady of status, looking for a prospective marriage, or simply wanting a night with him just for his looks, or his money. No, for the first time since the day he was born, Odysseas Venizelos liked being no one. And even though he knew that the moments of his freedom would eventually come to an end, he still found himself trying to enjoy this as much as possible.

As Victoria spoke once again, commenting on how insightful Odysseas was, a small smirk touched the man's features. He was a businessman, and a very good at that, plus, he grew up in politics. The power of money was well known to him, and he would be a liar if he said he hadn't used it as well. Though, when it came down to this beautiful woman, Odysseas couldn't understand why someone would wish to end her career like that.

"I insisted with one of our clients that he follow the correct protocol on a matter of his family. One that was somewhat unorthodox to simply permit without all the boxes being ticked. I was... just doing my job, in truth, and I got fired for it. Money talks, I guess, and the choice my employer made was not one he found difficult...

"As for why I haven't been accepted elsewhere... I could speculate, but I would rather just assume that I'm coming in for a job at the wrong time."

A small chuckle left Odysseas lips at that . It seemed like little miss Victoria was one of the good girls. Unwilling to bend to the power of money, or the power a name might carry. She was a fighter, and she wouldn't back down, if she considered herself right. Women like her were hard to find. Especially in the Pureblood society. Which left Odysseas wishing, once more, that he wouldn't stop looking until he found the perfect wife. Because he didn't deserve anything less.

"Pardon me, for what I am about to say, but you might be a little too naive, my Lady. The man was obviously displeased with you, because you followed the protocol. Meaning, he had obviously something to hide. But you should know, that people of power don't like being played. They will get what they want. Most of them, at least. It would be wise, if you refrained from going against them, from now on." Odysseas said, giving the witch a small knowing smile, before raising his bottle of Bourbon to his lips.

A compliment followed right after, and the wizard had to turn to look at the young woman, who had openly admitted she liked his company. Most people would disagree, if they were honest. Odysseas wasn't good company. He was much too serious, didn't like parties or social gatherings, unless he had to earn something from it, hated music and avoided dancing... He was simply not a Lady's dream, someone would say. But Victoria didn't know that, and perhaps, she would never learn.

Not unless he wanted her to.

"I am working at my father's business." Odysseas answered, not revealing too much about him, or his family. He was going to hold on to that fake identity for a little bit longer. "Though, if you like my company so much, your trip doesn't have to end in a couple of days.." No, Odysseas didn't really care for the woman, but a few more days of fun wouldn't hurt. After all, Clio was... otherwise occupied, and could definitely use the distraction.
Back to top Go down
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Breakaway (Odysseas & Victoria)   Breakaway (Odysseas & Victoria) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2018 6:58 pm

The request to be pardoned before calling her naive brought the smallest of smiles to Victoria's lips at the man's audacity. You couldn't go around asking for apologies before passing out an insult, but Victoria understood the man beside her as they walked. She knew it sounded like naivety, but it was not, it was a brighter outlook on some truly troubling situations that were her life.

"Believe me, I know. Money talks, it has talked for centuries, but I don't think that makes it right." Victoria replied to the man, letting him off of his slightly less than polite idealism. "No one, and I mean no one, should be above the law, just because they have money. However... the world is corrupt, and I can't change that on my own.

"And, it is the fear of the powerful that allows them to grow more so. Why, in future, should I bow down to them?" Victoria asked him, her features turned in to a questioning look as she took in Odysseas. Many people would think her mad, but Victoria truly didn't understand why the rich became the powerful when they were -- realistically -- vastly outnumbered.

"And what, pray tell, does your father do?" Victoria asked, not letting Odysseas get away with such a vague answer. Victoria loved to know things, so it went without saying that she would not allow the man to give her something so unfruitful in nature.

"Though, if you like my company so much, your trip doesn't have to end in a couple of days.."

Victoria couldn't help but let out a laugh at that comment. It was forward, and Victoria honestly believed the man to be joking. After all, who suggested such things so early on in knowing someone. No, she would not take that offer seriously as they walked, Victoria shaking her head. "I don't think that would be a wise decision to accept a strangers offer of staying with him another day. You could be anyone!" The last was said almost conspiring with the man beside her.

The smile on Victoria's lips didn't fade, either, much too amused with the offer with which she'd been presented in that moment to stop it. And, of course, she'd had a little bit too much alcohol, which made many things more amusing than they truly were.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Breakaway (Odysseas & Victoria)   Breakaway (Odysseas & Victoria) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2018 9:15 pm

Listening to Victoria speak about how money could buy and sell pretty much everything, brought a sad smile to the man's lips. She was, indeed, a positive spirit, and even if she had been struck by misfortune, she was still not ready to give up. On the contrary, there she was, fighting, unwilling to bend or break underneath the pressure. She was an extraordinary woman, but Odysseas wouldn't admit that much to her. No, true compliments like this was not something Odysseas voiced easily. He was, after all, a politician. And he knew when it was best not to talk.

"And, it is the fear of the powerful that allows them to grow more so. Why, in future, should I bow down to them?"

"Following your heart is the best thing you can do." Odysseas spoke, giving Victoria a big smile. Another lie he had to say on order to make the lady next to him happy. Because it was no secret that following your heart was never the right choice. The heart made mistakes, because there were always feelings involved. But the brain... Everyone should be rational when making choices. But Odysseas wasn't here to teach Victoria a lesson. No, her decisions would be her own. Whether they would end up being right... only time would tell.

"And what, pray tell, does your father do?"

"We have vineyards here, in Crete. We produce wine." Odysseas admitted. A little piece of truth in the fairytale he was building. After all, Victoria was American, and this was her first time in Greece. She wouldn't know much about his business. Or so Odysseas believed. For all he knew, he could be wrong.

"I don't think that would be a wise decision to accept a strangers offer of staying with him another day. You could be anyone!"

A chuckle escaped Odysseas. The wizard stopped walking as he extended his free arm slightly to grasp Victoria's arm and pull her slightly closer, to face him. No invading of personal space, not yet. But that didn't mean he could tease her. That didn't mean he couldn't give her a taste of what Odysseas Venizelos could make her feel.

A smirk touched his features as his eyes found Victoria's. One hand came up to brush a few strands of her away from her face, before softly caressing her cheek. Odysseas was a man who liked to admire, and Victoria was beautiful enough to be worth of admiration. "That is quite true, my Lady. I could be anyone." Odysseas spoke, his thumb brushing over her lower lip, eyes never leaving hers. "Anyone you want." It was only a whisper, but the man was sure Victoria would hear.
Back to top Go down
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Breakaway (Odysseas & Victoria)   Breakaway (Odysseas & Victoria) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2018 9:35 pm

"Exactly!" Victoria replied happily to the idea of following her heart. That was how she worked, knowing that if she followed her heart, her dreams, she would not come up unhappy in life. There were times, of course, when you had to be much more rational than that, but for the whole, Victoria liked to live to what she wanted life to be, not what was expected of her to be.

The explanation of what they did -- his father and him -- was not what Victoria had expected. For some reason she'd expected something more urban, perhaps office based. The idea of Odysseas in a vineyard making wine had not been something she would have thought of, but after a moment, she conceded to herself for not guessing anywhere near that. "That sounds very interesting... I've never been to a vineyard before, actually..." Victoria admitted to the man beside her, wondering if that was normal or not, but deciding better than to try and guess in that moment.

"I assume you export as well, though I can't say Greek wine is something that comes to mind very often. The French wine seems to be England's go to, when it comes to wine. And after that, Italian grapes." Victoria explained, not wishing to be rude, but just stating that Greek wine would be quite a new one for the younger witch.

Though, drinking was still something Victoria was getting accustomed to, truth be told.

The arm that came across her to stop her in their walk made Victoria slow to a stop, looking curiously at the man before her. For the briefest of moments she thought to escape, but at his teasing words, and the soft touch of his hand upon her cheek, the American witch pushed such thoughts from her mind. Victoria had always been easy to trust, and the witch was quite sure the man before her meant no harm. There was just... a feeling about him, Victoria couldn't explain.

"That is quite true, my Lady. I could be anyone."

Victoria's eyes shied from his -- the intensity of his eyes much too much for her in that moment as the heat rose in his cheeks once more for being called a lady by the man before her.

"Anyone you want."

Victoria's eyes lifted once more to Odysseas', curiosity clear in her eyes as she tried to understand the whole situation in that moment. He was flirting, she knew that quite well, but that didn't mean the young witch knew how to deal with such actions. Instead, after placing the bottle and her glass in to one hand, Victoria reached up to take the man's hand, gently moving it from her cheek in a manner that showed she hand't minded the move, but didn't know how to deal with it, and instead linked them together, hand in hand.

It was much too friendly, much too familiar, but personal space had not been something Victoria knew how to deal with, too used to not having any of her own, the witch often invaded in to others without meaning to. No, Victoria gently led Odysseas back in to walking along the beach, comfortable despite the situation.

"I want you to be the man I watch the stars with tonight." Victoria replied -- belatedly, but not so far along that his words could be forgotten.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Breakaway (Odysseas & Victoria)   Breakaway (Odysseas & Victoria) - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2018 2:48 pm

As the witch agreed with the fact that following her heart was the right path, Odysseas smiled but avoided her eyes. It wasn't a secret that following your heart was the worst advice someone could give. The heart didn't make rational decisions. It never has and it never will. No one should have their heart as a guide, because most of the time, they ended up defeated. Especially when it came down to business. The heart would never help. The brain, on the other side, was the only weapon you had to put into good use. But the wizard wasn't here to destroy dreams, or teach Victoria what was wrong or right. If she was as good as she said she were, she should have known that her heart would never give her a solution to the problem that was tormenting her at that moment.

Her heart would never give her back her job, nor would it build a stable future for her.

But she was just a girl. And little girls like her often ended up broken.

"That sounds very interesting... I've never been to a vineyard before, actually..."

"You are not missing much." Odysseas spoke with a soft chuckle. Of course, he had never made wine himself, but he knew the process. Though, Victoria wouldn't know the details. It was a tiring job, and this is why Odysseas paid them well. He might not be the kindest of men, but he was certainly not cold hearted.
But the subject about wines didn't end there. No, the young woman made sure to inform him of the preferences of the British on French and then Italian wine, something that would have ticked Odysseas off, had he not been prepared for this. Yes, it was true. Most people took a liking in what the French had to offer, but that was because they had never truly tasted the divinity of Greek wine.

The Agiorgitiko, the Moscofilero, the Roditis... all different types of Greek wine that left people wanting more. Because the taste wasn't just... nice. It was much more than that. Sadly, not many people knew that.

"I could bring you a couple of bottles to try, if you'd like. As a gift." Was all Odysseas said and left it at that. Not much could be added, after all.

As they stood there, Odysseas looking down at the shorter woman, many thoughts passed through his head. If it had been any other woman, she would probably be begging for him to take her home, by now, and Odysseas would have complied to that. A bit of fun was never rejected by Odysseas, especially if it was in the presence of a beautiful woman. But for the first time in his life, Odysseas found himself stuck, unable to make any move. If Victoria asked for something more, the wizard would definitely not deny her the pleasure, but that didn't mean he would rush through it.

Because for the first time, Odysseas didn't feel the need to conquer.

"I want you to be the man I watch the stars with tonight."

The man took a good look at their joined hands, making a small face. He wasn't romantic, no, Odysseas was far from romantic and this type of... affection was not what he was used to. Nonetheless, he didn't pull away from the witch, and instead nodded at her words. "If that is what you truly want." He admitted, falling into step with her once more.
"Is there anything else you'd like to talk about?"
Back to top Go down
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Breakaway (Odysseas & Victoria)   Breakaway (Odysseas & Victoria) - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2018 8:59 pm

The offer of a couple of bottles of Greek wine to try brought a smile to Victoria's lips. "That sounds lovely, Mr Venizelos!" Victoria replied formerly to such an offer. "And, if the wine is as good as you say, perhaps I can order some in future from your vineyard to share with my friends at home." She said, letting out a soft laugh at the idea. Not because she wouldn't, but who would have thought she would be talking to the heir of a vineyard of all things this evening.

It was quite the unique job, if ever Victoria had heard of one.

The question of what she wanted Victoria let go. Recently the idea of what she wanted was one she could not lay purchase to, no matter how hard she tried. But, she did not need to burden him with such thoughts as she pulled him only a little further out of the damp sand on to the soft before sitting down and pulling the Cretan down beside her. Setting the bottle of champagne down beside her, Victoria raised her glass to her lips, draining the contents and putting it down beside her too.

The question of whether there was anything she would like to talk about, Victoria shook her head slowly once, before turning to him with a curious gaze. "Not unless you know anything about the stars..." Victoria breathed, looking up at them with wonder. She had the light hum of alcohol in her veins, but nothing that would leave her not knowing herself. It was like raising a heavy weight from her shoulders for the first time in months, and she couldn't deny that this felt amazing.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Breakaway (Odysseas & Victoria)   Breakaway (Odysseas & Victoria) - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 30, 2018 1:07 pm

Watching Victoria kindly accepting his gift brought a smile on the man's lips. She was a sweet girl, and the more time he sent with her, the more Odysseas found himself thinking of Victoria as a little child. She cute, tiny and naive. A child at heart, it was obvious to the older man. And for the slightest moment, Odysseas was frustrated that Victoria wasn't like the other women. Because, if she were, everything would have been much more simple, but now, the man found it extremely hard to think of Victoria as anything more than a teenager.

"And, if the wine is as good as you say, perhaps I can order some in future from your vineyard to share with my friends at home."

"Perhaps..." Odysseas agreed, avoiding her eyes. The wizard wasn't the type of man to open up or show emotions easily, and right now, his eyes were showing more than what he was comfortable with.

They walked together for a few more moments, before Victoria settled down on the sand, pulling Odysseas down with her. Of course, the woman wouldn't be able to pull him down, if he didn't allow her to, but Odysseas wasn't in the mood to argue with the petite woman. Instead, he allowed himself to be dragged down, sitting next to the witch with the smallest of smiles.

"Not unless you know anything about the stars..."

Odysseas allowed himself to lie on his back with a small chuckle, staring up the stars. The shining little dots that were scattered around the dark, endless sky, providing them with light. "I am certainly no Astronomer, but I happen to know a thing or two." The man admitted with a smirk, turning to look at Victoria. "Did you know that when stars die, all the elements they created in their cores are scattered to space, to become part of interstellar clouds of gas and dust? Those chemical elements are seed materials for new generations of stars, planets, and life."
Back to top Go down
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Breakaway (Odysseas & Victoria)   Breakaway (Odysseas & Victoria) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 16, 2018 9:06 pm

Victoria was glad that Odysseas followed her lead, even moving to make himself comfortable in a led back position. Victoria considered following suit for the briefest of moments, before realising she'd get sand in her hair, a thought that was not appealing. Instead the American witch settled for leaning back with the aid of her hands, keeping herself balanced as she looked up to the sky.

The admittance that Odysseas knew something about the stars, even if he wasn't an Astronomer brought a fond smile to the witch's lips as she looked up to the stars, wondering what the man beside her might be able to tell her. As he explained how stars transformed in to new formations upon their death, Victoria couldn't help but think about how beautiful such a thought actually was...

"I didn't know that..." The witch admitted softly, turning her attention from the stars to look at the man beside her. "Unfortunately, the science in my school was... lacking, truthfully." Victoria explained, they had had Astronomy, and Victoria had studied the formations, but she'd never really found that much interest in the subject. As she'd grown older, though, she'd found beauty in the twinkling objects in the sky, something that calmed her.

The witch poured some more of her champagne in to the glass, coming up with only half a glass as the bottle now found it empty. Victoria brought it to her lips once more, talking a large sip and savouring the waning fizz of the alcohol. "They always seem so far away, the stars, and yet... they're closer than they have ever been before, to the astronauts who go through the galaxy... I find it remarkable..." The witch admitted, shaking her head softly which moved her hair softly across her shoulders in the process.

It was easy to tell the young witch was drunk, her thought process was not exactly straight thinking, but she simply didn't care in that moment.

"You know... you're unbelievably tall?" Victoria added a moment later, letting out a soft giggle at the thought, her eyes still cast up to the sky. "You could almost touch them!" She added with a whisper. Victoria knew it wasn't true, of course, but she was drunk, and the man's presence was making her feel better. Lighter. Freer. Safe.

Even if, in that moment, she should have felt anything but.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Breakaway (Odysseas & Victoria)   Breakaway (Odysseas & Victoria) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2018 10:21 pm

As Victoria admitted she had not known any of the information he had provided her with about the stars, the male smirked. His eyes did not move from the sky, and instead, he stared back at the bright dots, scattered all over the dark horizon, whilst listening to the witch explaining that science is her school had not been very insightful. Odysseas would have asked which school she had attended, but decided against it. He was not here to learn all about Victoria's life, or judge it. He just wanted to enjoy the night, as much as possible.

"They always seem so far away, the stars, and yet... they're closer than they have ever been before, to the astronauts who go through the galaxy... I find it remarkable..."

Odysseas turned to look at Victoria, an amused smile touching his lips. The woman seemed to be far, far more... childish than what he had initially believed her to be. The fact that she found the whole situation so fascinating, made Odysseas feel as if he was talking to a little girl, who had no idea what was going on up in the sky. The wizard was not really interested in the astronauts or the fact that they were now freely wandering through space, but he did recognise their contribution to the world.

"You could almost touch them!"

The wizard burst out laughing, unable to hold the amusement in much longer. Victoria was different than all the other women he had met. She was tiny, sweet, naive and unbelievably drunk. For a man who drunk Bourbon for the most part of the day, it was easy to recognise when a woman was as drunk as Victoria was. And that, for him, was a good opening. If he wanted to get anything out of this night, he would have to make his move now.

Moving swiftly, the man pushed himself up and turned to look at the small in comparison woman before him. With a sly smirk, he leaned down, lifting her in his arms with ease before sepaking. "Maybe you can touch them now?" Odysseas offered, his eyes darting from her to the stars and back again. She was beautiful, and if things went according to plan, he would have her all to himself until the sun came up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Breakaway (Odysseas & Victoria)   Breakaway (Odysseas & Victoria) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Breakaway (Odysseas & Victoria)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next