Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Please Be Okay (Victoria) Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Please Be Okay (Victoria) Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Please Be Okay (Victoria) Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Please Be Okay (Victoria) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Please Be Okay (Victoria) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Please Be Okay (Victoria)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Please Be Okay (Victoria) Empty
PostSubject: Please Be Okay (Victoria)   Please Be Okay (Victoria) EmptyFri Jun 22, 2018 4:02 pm

Sun 4 August, 2024
6:15pm

Hey, I just wanted to let you know I'll be leaving for Hogwarts in a week. If you're planning to retrieve your things while I'm gone, my mother will let you in. Do you remember my address?

Mon 5 August, 2024
3:32pm

Victoria?

Mon 5 August, 2024
8:23pm

Are you okay? Call me.

Tue 6 August, 2024
12:46pm

Please pick up.

Tue 6 August, 2024
12:52pm

Are you out of the country?

Wed 7 August, 2024
1:14pm

You have 5 missed calls. 1 new message.

Hey, Victoria, sorry if I'm being a bother. If you're out of the country and don't have international data roaming, I understand. I'm just worried that it's something else, so...well, shoot me an email or something if you're on WiFi. Or call me back, if you can.
Back to top Go down
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

Birthday : 1998-02-13
Job/hobbies : Legal Adviser

PostSubject: Re: Please Be Okay (Victoria)   Please Be Okay (Victoria) EmptySun Jun 24, 2018 9:18 am

To: Grayson <33
Subject: I am so, so sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Date Thursday, 8 August 2024 13:07 CST

Graysonnnnnn,

I am so, so sorry! I have lost my phone, and I know that I was texting you before I lost my phone, and Merlin's beard you must be worried sick! I went out last Saturday night and my bag got stolen -- please don't worry, I am fine, it's only my bag! Yes, I have cancelled all my cards, and my phone, etc, etc.

So, basically, I don't know anything you've sent to me in the last few days, but please know I am really sorry if I stressed you out. I didn't mean to, I promise!

In better news, I ran in to an old friend from Salem, Jackson Blake, and I'm staying with him until... well, I'm not sure what it is until, I'll work that out. I will be getting my new card from mom at the weekend, at which point I will be getting a new phone -- new number too -- so if you could email me your number, I'll text you my new number once I've gotten it.

How are you? You'll be heading off to Hogwarts soon to get ready for your lessons set up, won't you? You're going to do amazing, I just know it! I'm so envious of the students getting such an amazing teacher! Though, I think I'm a little bit bias on that point, hehe!

I've spent the last couple of days in Jackson's apartment tidying -- honestly, you boys can be seriously gross at times! I don't think he's actually noticed though... he hasn't said thank you for all the hard work I've put in. Not that I did it for that reason, of course, it was just a little too gross to live here without cleaning -- do not ever told him I said that, our secret!

I miss you very much, Grayson, let me know how everything is getting on, and once more, I am really sorry for any worry I have caused you.

Lots of love,

Victoria

xxx

~ Profile ~ Vickson Playlist ~
~ Slender ~ 30 ~ Bookworm ~ 5' ~ American ~
Please Be Okay (Victoria) Rsz_1v10
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Please Be Okay (Victoria)   Please Be Okay (Victoria) EmptySun Jun 24, 2018 12:48 pm

To: Victoria
Subject: Re: I am so, so sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Date: Friday, 9 August 2024 7:32 GMT

Victoria,

I'm glad you're safe! I did get worried when you stopped answering my texts, but I'm relieved to know there's an explanation (though I am very sorry about your bag - if you need me to send you anything to replace the stuff you lost, just let me know). As long as you yourself are okay, I'm happy. Be careful out there, wherever you are!

It's good to hear you're not homeless and wandering the streets. My gratitude to Jackson Blake for hosting you indefinitely, though know that I am patiently waiting for your return with an open door should you ever need it. My number is (020) 1514 9422.

I'm leaving for Hogwarts in a couple days, and I would be lying if I said I were not nervous. I appreciate your confidence in my abilities, and hope I can absorb some of it myself before the students arrive. I have no idea what to expect from this year; I can only hope for the best. I am looking forward to seeing my new classroom though! I never imagined I would be a Hogwarts professor one day; it's all rather surreal.

I like to think of myself as one of the more hygienic members of my sex. If you think one man is bad, trying living in a dormitory full of them! I have many horror stories from my Hogwarts days that I would rather not remember. And, men can be completely oblivious at times. Trust me, I've felt your pain.

I miss you as well, and I hope you return safely. I'll be here waiting when you do.

All my best,

Grayson
Back to top Go down
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Please Be Okay (Victoria)   Please Be Okay (Victoria) EmptySun Jun 24, 2018 9:23 pm

Date Sunday, 11 August 2024 13:07 CST
Attachment: Picture1.jpg

Hi Grayson,

Have I ever told you that you're the best friend in the world? No, well, you are! Thank you for not going over board with a lecture about how I should have gotten in contact, blah, blah. blah, sooner. Mom has gone slightly nuts on the email, and it's been all I can do not to have dad apparate here and take me home! I don't need anything, thank you, my card came yesterday, so I have ordered a new phone, etc. I need to sort out a wand -- I lost everything... -- but I will get to that, I don't need it at the moment.

Like I said, you're going to be amazing! Don't let them rule you, that would be my advice! But, from my experience last year, you have a sweet bunch and you won't have any problems!

Well, Jackson is away for the next few nights -- he's a politician, he has to go on a tour to get publicity, ramp up votes, you know? -- so I have the place to myself, and I can make it a little more homely. I doubt he will notice, he doesn't seem to notice very much at all!

Oh, we went to a fundraiser last night -- I attached a picture for you -- and it was very enlightening! It was about charter schools here in America (Link -- Charter Schools Wiki) and trying to get them more funding. I really enjoyed it, and I might have accidentally spent some of Jake's money in the process (I'm sure he'll forgive me)!

I'm working on sorting the title deeds out on Jackson's new house, the legal team who did it have left far too many holes in the contract, so it looks like I have a use here, at least for a few days. If I finish up in America before the school term, I'll come and meet you up at Hogwarts, it will be great to see you again!

Lots of love,

Victoria

xxx

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Please Be Okay (Victoria)   Please Be Okay (Victoria) EmptyFri Jun 29, 2018 3:44 am

Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 7:46 GMT

Hey, Victoria,

I am proud to claim the title, but it takes two for a strong friendship. I trust you to take care of yourself, and I trust your judgement when it comes to your own needs. I do understand your parents' concern for you though--you are their only daughter, after all.

Thank you for your encouragement. I certainly hope you're right, but should any problems arise, I will take your advice to heart. I've found if all else fails, the "fake it til you make it" method generally works for me.

That sounds like the perfect opportunity! Seize the chance while you still can. Men tend to mess up most organizational attempts without realizing it. If he continues not to notice, just remember you're doing it for you, not for him.

I'm glad you had fun at the fundraiser--you look lovely, by the way. The American school system sounds very interesting. It looks like you'll have a lot of work ahead of you if you plan to help fix some of those issues. From what I can tell, the biggest problem is corruption, which is harder to catch in a charter school because it's outside of government control, no? In any case, the long, complex history of racial segregation and other related issues will certainly be difficult to untangle. I wish you the best of luck--I was never one for politics.

At least you have something with which to occupy yourself for now; that sounds right up your alley. I'm glad you've finally found some legal work again--I know you've missed it.

I would love to see you again. Feel free to drop by any time! Until then, do take care--and if you ever need someone to vent to about ungrateful roommates, or anything else, I'm always here.

All my best,

Grayson
Back to top Go down
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Please Be Okay (Victoria)   Please Be Okay (Victoria) EmptySat Jun 30, 2018 3:38 pm

Subject: Soooooooo?
Date Wednesday, 4 September 2024 9:25am CST
Attachment: DoILookGoodOrWhat.jpg

Hey Grayson!

SOOOOOOOO, how is your first week of teaching going? I bet you're acing it! Did you have any students who were a pain in the backside? I bet you dealt with them perfectly if you did! Though, I do hope you haven't had to deal with any of that, of course! I'm looking forward to hearing all about it! What did you teach to your students? Yes, I want ALL the details!

And, in return, I'll give you as much of an update as I can of the events unfolding in the wonderful life of Victoria!

I've been working out of City Hall for the most part -- I say work, I'm not actually getting paid for the work I'm doing at the moment. Kind of repaying Jax for his kindness of letting me stay at his house! It's great, though, I have done a number of things to help them out of some small jams, so vastly rewarding!

What else... oh yes, Jackson is useless with correspondence, so I've taken up his personal correspondence. I'm writing with Dia, his niece, who's at Hogwarts. You might know her? She sounds positively adorable, and I just couldn't let the girl think her uncle doesn't care about her! Final laugh is on Jackson, of course, the presents I'm sending her are leaving a small hole in his pocket each time. Not that I've told him yet, of course. (Children are a weakness, it's not really my fault -- or, that's what I tell Jake when I'm spending too much on Ivan and Adrienne).

Oh! I also -- I can't actually tell you... Hmm... okay... This is going to sound super weird, but just bear with me, I'll explain in person so that this doesn't get put across wrong. But, there was this BIG jam with something Jax was working on. Lots of complicated, legal, very boring legislation work, that I had to do for him. And, well, hopefully in the coming days... well, let's just say, if everything I did comes off, I am going to have just pulled off a big move for Jackson. That... yeah, that doesn't sum it up well at all, but long story short, I fixed a big problem here, and it has made me so, so happy!

OH! PRE PROBLEM!

I almost forgot! Please see attached the picture of Jax and I -- one of many, his friends seemed to think we were together, I think -- WE'RE NOT -- at a recent friend's wedding. It was a Desi wedding, and Merlin I have never felt so tired in all my life after that extravaganza! You really don't know what a party is until you've been to a Desi wedding! Preethi Bhabhi helped me with my outfit, but, honestly, all of how I look is down to her. Their style is... well, out of this world. I couldn't believe it when I looked in the mirror! Jax had quite the reaction, too, all open mouthed. (I just shook my head, for note.) But, yes, amazing night, I hope it won't be the last one I attend!

Hmm... what else...

Oh, I met Jackson's mother too, she's a lovely woman! Dotes on Jackson so, so much, and was grateful he had someone cooking him proper food again.

I think... Yeah, that's pretty much it...

Except... Jackson offered me a job here in the US... As part of his legal team for his upcoming elections. And, well, I said yes. He's in the process of moving to his new home he bought, and I'll be taking over the lease of the apartment here. So... I probably won't be heading back to the UK much before Christmas. Except to see my niece and nephew, I suppose, though mom said she will bring them over because Jake is really busy at the moment.

We must, however, arrange a time where were both free to meet up, it seems like I've not seen you in forever.

Missing you so, so much!

Lots of love,

Victoria

xxx

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Please Be Okay (Victoria)   Please Be Okay (Victoria) EmptySun Jul 15, 2018 5:08 pm

Subject: Re: Soooooooo?
Date: Wednesday, 4 September 9:38pm GMT

Hi, Victoria!

The first week has certainly been an adjustment, but I think I'm starting to get into the swing of things. Maybe. I will by the end of the month, anyway. I can only hope I come across more confident than I feel.

The younger students are darlings. I've been starting with the basics--the alphabet, the transfiguration equation, and Reparifarge--to prepare them for the more exciting stuff. They have a lot of energy and enthusiasm, which makes my job much easier. I've loved working with them so far, and I think (fingers crossed) they like me as well.

The older students are harder to impress. I've been trying to challenge them by jumping right in with vanishment and conjuration, but, though for the most part I get decent participation, they seem to lack the enthusiasm of my younger class. I started off on a bad note with one student in particular who refused to participate at all, but hopefully that is not representative of how the rest of the year will go. I'm trying to take your advice about not letting the students rule me, but it's easier said than done.

I'm glad to hear you're keeping busy with something rewarding! I think I do know Dia. Is her full name Dominique Greene? If so, she's in my younger class. She's very hardworking and determined from what I've seen so far. I'm sure Jackson can't be angry with you for spoiling his niece - that's what aunts and uncles are supposed to do, isn't it?

I really have no idea what to imagine from your description of this problem, but regardless, I am very proud of you for working it out! Don't worry about explaining if it's a breach of confidentiality. As long as you're happy, I'm happy.

You look stunning! And don't worry, I never suspected the two of you of being more than friends. I attended two Desi weddings while I was in India, and yes, you're completely right! Exhausting, but an incredible experience. Preethi Bhabhi did a wonderful job, but I think you deserve some credit for being able to pull it off so well. If any of my friends in India decide to get married, I will be sure to invite you along.

While I'm sorry that we will see each other less often, I'm happy that you've found a place to work. Perhaps now I'll have an excuse to visit America, if the political situation allows it. If and when you do find the time to return to the UK, would you like to collect any of your things from my house? I assume since you'll be living in the States indefinitely, you might want to make it feel like home.

If you plan to visit for Christmas, I would love see you then. As of yet, I have no plans for my winter break, so if you ever want to meet up, I'm sure it can be arranged.

I miss you too, and wish you all the best wherever you decide to settle.

Love,

Grayson
Back to top Go down
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Please Be Okay (Victoria)   Please Be Okay (Victoria) EmptyWed Jul 18, 2018 9:29 am

Subject: #Official!
Date Wednesday, 27 November 2024 9:53am CST
Attachments: LookAtJackson'sFace.jpg; PrettyFireworks.mp4; TheCake.jpg

Hey Grayson!

LOOK! LOOK! LOOK!

It's official, Jackson got his seat!!! We get nice new emails, now, so I'm taking liberties and sending you a quick email whilst I have five minutes to show it off! Okay, who am I kidding, I don't have five minutes, but Jackson Blake owes me more than five minutes, so I'm just taking some of it back! (Please don't tell him, haha!)

I know we've been texting in between, but I just wanted to reiterate how amazing you are doing at your job! And, I'm glad that kid has settled back in to the classes without too much fuss! You must have scared him with that talk! Keep up the amazing job you're doing, though, I'm so proud of you!

Yes, Dominique Greene, American witch -- not to be confused with Mimosa Harrington, of course! And, Jackson can't be mad at me for anything at the moment, so I've sent Dia some more sweets and presents because her Uncle just did one of the best things, EVER! Too much? I don't care, spending money on kids is fun!

I'll explain in person -- for the internet is dark and full of terrors!

PLEASE! If you get an invite to a Desi wedding I would love to go! Or, well, any wedding, I love them so much. But yes, Preethi Bhabhi did an amazing job with everything, I simply had to walk around in it! And dance, Merlin so much dancing!

I'm heading to the UK in about six hours -- Thanksgiving, mom refuses to give it up now she's in the UK -- and as much as I would love to come meet you, it will be a flying visit at best! I'll text you my address later today (I'm still getting used to it, and need to check it) so that you can send it over, I don't want to burden you will all that again!

Christmas I will definitely be home for longer, so I will make sure I come to see you!

Anything new in your world?

Finally, I attach the celebration pictures and videos I love the most. The shock on Jackson's face sums up the whole run! And, I ordered the BIGGEST cake for him to say congratulations, the whole office was eating it for a week! Not to mention, pretty fireworks to celebrate!

I WILL see you soon!

Lots of love,

Victoria

xxx

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Please Be Okay (Victoria)   Please Be Okay (Victoria) EmptyThu Jul 19, 2018 5:33 pm

Subject: Re: #Official!
Date: Wednesday, 27 November 2024 8:34pm GMT

Hey, Victoria!

Congratulations! You've worked so hard, I'm glad to see that it paid off in such a big way! You deserve all of it and more. Your new email address is indeed very professional.

I'm happy somebody thinks I'm doing well. It's definitely getting easier as time goes on, and I've managed to develop something of a norm to which I can refer without feeling quite so lost as I did in the beginning. While said student still doesn't seem to like me, that's nothing I can't deal with so long as he's at least grudgingly cooperative, so I'd say things are going smoothly.

I'm sure nobody could mistake Mimosa Harrington for anyone else. Did I ever tell you about the gift basket she sent me from India on the first day of school? I hadn't realized I'd made such an impression on her, but apparently she thought I deserved it. As for Dominique, I think you may have the slightest beginnings of a problem when it comes to buying her presents, but I'm sure she appreciates them very much.

I can finally appreciate your reference to A Song of Ice and Fire. I read the entire series over the summer, and I quite enjoyed it, though I'm not sure I'm quite ready to approach the accompanying television show. I've heard good things, but I don't watch much television in general. Have you seen it? If so, would you recommend it to a doddering old librarian such as myself?

Speaking of being old, it seems most of my friends have already gotten married and started families of their own, but I can think of a few who may be taking their time before finally settling down. I will be sure to let you know if it ever happens. And yes, the dancing is intense--my feet hurt just thinking about it, and it's been several years since I last attended a Desi wedding.

Oh, yes, happy Thanksgiving! I suppose you're probably on an airplane at the moment, so for when you land and are able to read this, I hope you had a safe trip. I will send you your things in a week or so, whenever I have the chance.

Christmas it is. My break starts 18 December, and lasts until just after New Year's, so hopefully we'll have plenty of time to catch up then.

Nothing much is new at the moment. Things have settled down since the beginning of the school year, so I feel much more relaxed with my new position. The usual school drama is always abounding, but I tend to stay away from it all if possible.

That is an enormous cake, but I think the celebration was well-deserved. Congratulations once again on your victory, and best of luck on future endeavours!

I look forward to seeing you.

All my best,

Grayson
Back to top Go down
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Please Be Okay (Victoria)   Please Be Okay (Victoria) EmptyFri Aug 03, 2018 10:20 am

Subject: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Date Wednesday, 1 January 2025 11:54am CST

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, I am at work today -- what is a day off, I can't remember what they are any more! And, I wish that was as much as a joke as it sounded in that moment, because I truly don't know what a day off is! Though, I'm not complaining, of course, I'm just inadvertently apologising for not getting back to the UK for Christmas/New Year.

So, sorry for not being able to make it despite my best efforts to be in the UK, Senator Blake needed me here - which, yes, is not a good enough excuse, but in order for him to do well, he needs someone to go with him to all the Black Tie events over the festive period, and for some reason his fiancée couldn't come to the States (I didn't ask, he's looking a little bit moody about it). So, I offered to stay. Jake's already given me the cold shoulder about it, so I hope you won't be too mad at me..?

Did you have a good Christmas? I've missed pretty much everything this year to be with Jackson, and Christmas Day was... awful without my family. I haven't told Jackson that, of course, but I am not doing this next year! Hopefully, though, his fiancée will be Stateside, so I won't be needed! (Famous last words, I'm sure!)

How's your head? I don't have a New Year hangover this year, which is great, and seeing as pretty much everyone else does have a headache, I'm the only one in! How did you celebrate the New Year?

She bought you a gift too? She sent me one via Jake. I was like 'woah' when I received it! She got me a sari, actually, just slightly too late for the wedding, but it looks beautiful. I haven't had cause to put it on yet, though, but maybe in the future. The kid is sweet, though, I hope I'll get to see her again soon!

Did you get your present, by the way? It's difficult to know what to get a man who loves books and has access to almost every one available! But, the vouchers should be able to get you something you don't have, and the tea collection from around the world should allow you some fun experimenting. I hope, anyway!

Anyway, I must press on with my work. I won't promise to see you soon because I keep falling back on that promise!

I miss you so, so much!

Lots of love,

Victoria

xxx

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please Be Okay (Victoria)   Please Be Okay (Victoria) Empty

Back to top Go down