Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
You again! (Victoria) Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
You again! (Victoria) Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
You again! (Victoria) Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
You again! (Victoria) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
You again! (Victoria) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

You again! (Victoria)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

You again! (Victoria) Empty
PostSubject: You again! (Victoria)   You again! (Victoria) EmptyMon May 04, 2015 11:26 am

It was the last Saturday in September, the air was crisp and fresh, the smell of Autumn even more prominent than it has been. Olivia walked down a cobbled street, with earbuds in her ears, dressed in her usual black jeans, a ratty t-shirt and a leather jacket. She hadn't really bothered with make-up, but she had tied her hair back in a plaid and actually made sue it wasn't messy. Her heels made loud click-clacking noises in the early morning - well, early was an overstatement. It was around 10 in the morning, but for a campus, that was early.

She didn't have neither work or classes today and she was excited to see her little brothers. It was a Hogsmeade weekend for the Hogwarts students and Ian and Alfred had written to her to make lunch plans. Of course, she immediately said yes, as she missed the two of them.

It was immensely weird, not seeing the twins every day, as she was used to hanging out with them almost all the time; first at home and then at school. Ever since they've been adopted, Olivia and the twins had been inseparable and it was quite an adjustment, not living with them. She missed her other family members, as well, of course, though she was less likely to admit it.

She missed her Mum's off-key singing as she painted, her Dad grumbling as he read the newspaper, Sofia's annoying nagging about everyone's health, even missed her insufferable know-it-all attitude -at least she made Olivia want to know more, even if it was just so she could beat Sofia at her own game-, and she missed Tony's triumphant yells as he beat someone at video games. She missed them all, especially because they didn't really spend the summer together.
Tony had got an internship in some obscure European country, Sofia was basically stuck at work 20 hours out of the 24 and she spent the remaining 4 to catch up on sleep. It had helped with the nagging, though. Mum and Dad went on a cruise for a month, as they were able to afford it, because most of their kids had their own jobs now. It was really nice to see them be so excited about a holiday, plus they sent a postcard every week and brought back a thousands of gifts.

So, that left Olivia and the twins in the big house. It was fun, she had to admit; they basically played video games, ate take-out and watched movies. They had a Buffy marathon, which lasted the whole week and left them feeling dead inside.

All in all, it was a pretty great summer, even though it made Olivia miss her family even more.

Now, Olivia walked into a local pub, greeted the barman and, not stopping for conversation that would undoubtedly last at least half an hour - Ted, the barman, was a chatterbox and lured you in political discussions if you weren't careful- and made a beeline for the fireplace.

A few minutes later, she was standing in The Three Broomsticks, surrounded by loud chatter and laughter. She grinned and scanned the place for her brothers. As she couldn't see either of them, Olivia walked over to the counter, ordered a large coffee and went to sit at an empty table.

As she drank the delicious latte, the girl scanned the pub, looking to see if there was anyone there that she recognized. It would be possible, after all.
Back to top Go down
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

Birthday : 1998-02-13
Job/hobbies : Legal Adviser

PostSubject: Re: You again! (Victoria)   You again! (Victoria) EmptyMon May 04, 2015 12:41 pm

In all honesty, complete honesty, Victoria didn't have time for the Hogsmeade weekend that came up at the end of September. With her N.E.W.T.S. now in full swing and Victoria taking way more subjects than was advisable to almost everyone else, the witch had a mountain of homework.

But, of course, the announcement for the ball for Halloween had gone up only yesterday and Victoria didn't have an outfit.

The theme was fancy dress, and Victoria was aware of the little competitions that would be taking place. But she didn't want to stand out at this ball, no, Victoria wanted to enjoy herself, and not be the centre of attention. Something subtle, was in her mind for this event, but as she'd perused the sops for something subtle, she'd drawn up a blank.

With a soft sigh, Victoria had turned towards the Three Broomsticks, deciding to get herself a drink and think a little longer on what kind of outfit she could get for herself. A moment to collect herself was all she needed, so the Head Girl slipped in to the pub and moved to the bar, ordering herself a pumpkin juice and then turning to look around the room. There weren't many places that were free, so she darted in to a booth, and took out her notebook from bag.

There, on the piece of paper were the ideas she'd come up with. A witch would be boring, because she was one. A pumpkin would be cute. Playing with the idea of a cat with a small mask and cat ears could also be cute. From there, her ideas were running out. Looking away from the notebook, Victoria took in the room before her eyes fell on a familiar face looking for somewhere to sit.

"Olivia!" Victoria called out happily, waving to her friend and motioning her over to her table. Of course, Victoria wouldn't mind sharing with the older witch, not at all. "I haven't seen you in ages!" The Head Girl continued when the witch came over. "How have you been? Are your brothers staying out of trouble? I think they are, I haven't heard any rumours of their misbehaviour just yet!" The American witch explained, probably a little too quickly but she was just so excited to see her friend again.

~ Profile ~ Vickson Playlist ~
~ Slender ~ 30 ~ Bookworm ~ 5' ~ American ~
You again! (Victoria) Rsz_1v10
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: You again! (Victoria)   You again! (Victoria) EmptyMon May 04, 2015 2:49 pm

Olivia had just spotted an empty table and was about to go sit down, when somebody called her name. She turned around and her lips twitched in a quick smile when she saw Victoria. As much as the girl had annoyed her when they first met, she grew on her, especially when she was eager to help out with homework, despite being younger than Olivia. She wouldn't really consider her a friend just yet, but she was definitely a friendly acquaintance and Olivia liked spending time with her.

As soon as she sat down, Victoria bombarded her with questions and Olivia laughed before answering. It was quite typical of the younger witch to get way too excited in the middle of a conversation, but this was the first time she had greeted Olivia with such enthusiasm.

"I've been fantastic, thank you! They finally let me near an actual, live dragon this week and it was amazing!" Olivia said, grinning. It was such an amazing experience and she told everyone she talked to. "Oh, don't worry, they're up to their usual stuff, though they're being smarter about it." She told Victoria in regards to her brothers.

"They learned their lesson, I hope." Olivia chuckled and took a sip of her coffee. She almost laughed at the situation, as she realized having coffee with the Newbury siblings was becoming quite a regular thing. She could only hope this would end better than the time with Jake. That had been a disaster.

She pushed the thought aside, as she didn't really want to think about that jerk. Besides, Victoria was lovelier than her brother. Much lovelier.

"How've you been, then? Enjoying your rule as Head Girl?"
Back to top Go down
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

PostSubject: Re: You again! (Victoria)   You again! (Victoria) EmptyMon May 04, 2015 5:50 pm

Hearing the Olivia was well made Victoria's smile grow a little more. It was good to know the ex-Hufflepuff was doing well. Though she sobered up a little at the comment on meeting dragons. To start, it was worry for the witch Victoria considered her friend (everyone was Victoria's friend if she'd spoken to them) that she might of gotten hurt.

But of course, Olivia was sat right there, so Victoria's worry turned in to enthusiasm for the subject.

"That's so cool! What kind of dragon did you work with? Was it a baby dragon or an adult?" Victoria asked, her grin growing in much the same way Olivia's lips turned in to a grin. The Hufflepuff was much too eager for knowledge, a trait that often got her confused for a Ravenclaw, but the Sorting Hat had placed her in Hufflepuff for other reasons that were stronger than her thirst for knowledge.

The news of Olivia's brother's growing smarter about their escapades made Victoria relax a little bit. Whilst she was Head Girl she was probably expected to keep an eye on them, but she also didn't want to get anyone in trouble. So she didn't ask as to what they'd been getting up to, because then she wouldn't have to turn them in.

But as the conversation moved back to her, Victoria let out a soft sigh, deflating a little bit. "Very busy. I have a lot of work to do for classes, and then I am helping everyone with the school when they need it..." She explained, though her tone wasn't one of dislike, it was still happy, it was quite clear that the witch was tired from everything. "But I love all of it, and I wouldn't change it for the world. I just need more hours in the day. The Ministry declined me the use of a Time Turner, but I'm not going to let them stop me from achieving everything I want to!" The last was added much more brightly, because Victoria was never going to give up.

"Oh!" Victoria exclaimed, remembering her notebook. "Hogwarts is also having a ball for Halloween, I'm helping Professor Jameson with the final details but it was announced yesterday. And... I'm struggling to work out what to wear. It's a masquerade ball, so, it needs a little more though..." Victoria explained sheepishly because she didn't like admitting aloud that she couldn't do something.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: You again! (Victoria)   You again! (Victoria) EmptyTue May 05, 2015 1:43 pm

"It was a baby Common Welsh. They're the least dangerous breed and they're quite lovely as babies." Olivia explained and then grinned. "Of course, you've still got to be careful, as they are dragons. One of my classmates provoked his hatchling and got his eyebrows singed off." She told Victoria cheerily.

It had been a fun day. Mike, the idiot that wasn't careful enough, had been all high and mighty all last year and was absolutely unbearable. His ego deflated significantly and, after the rest of them have finally stopped laughing, they went for lunch without wanting to strangle him.

As Victoria talked, Olivia just stared at her with raised eyebrows. She could tell that the girl was killing herself for school and to help others and that just wouldn't do.

"Okay, Victoria, I admire your selflessness and all that shit, but seriously, you've got to think about yourself. You know I'm grateful for all the help with homework and I'm sure the others are as well, but if you're exhausted and don't have time to do the things you want to do, you need to take a step back. There are other people that can provide help with homework." Olivia was saying, though she didn't realky know why she was so invested in this.

It was, after all, Victoria's problem and she should take care of it. Right? Olivia should just let her be?
Except, no. She shouldn't. She had been in Hufflepuff house, like Victoria and they looked out for each other. Plus, it didn't look like the younger witch was about to realize all that any time soon.

"Also, grades aren't everything. You've got to take care of yourself, not study all the time." She added sternly.

Victoria then mentioned a ball and Olivia brightened up. Surely, dancing and having fun would relax the younger witch. Good, that's good.

"Just go as you are and say you're a werewolf. They look just like everybody else. So you won't have to do any work, and you'll be breaking stereotypes about werewolves." Olivia grinned and took another sip of her coffee. "Ooh, or a unicorn. You could totally pass as a unicorn."
Back to top Go down
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

PostSubject: Re: You again! (Victoria)   You again! (Victoria) EmptyTue May 05, 2015 8:11 pm

The information on the dragons peaked Victoria's interest. What with this being her final year at Hogwarts she had to think about what she wanted to do next, and at the moment she simply couldn't decide what she was going to. Dragon training sounded fun though. "That sounds amazing!" Victoria responded to the older witch. "Not about the boy getting his eyebrows singed, but seeing a dragon! You're so lucky!" The younger witch insisted.

As Olivia's tone turned more serious, Victoria's tone turned more serious, her smile smaller. She winced slightly at the swear word, but that wasn't anything new for the Head Girl. The thought of not helping people made Victoria shake her head. "I made them a promise, Olivia, I can't turn my back on them!" She responded seriously. "I'm fine, honestly." She added, because she was, it was just getting back in to the routine was putting a lot on Victoria's shoulders at the moment.

But she would cope.

"Studying makes me happy!" Victoria responded to the idea of not studying all the time. And it did, some people might not understand, but Victoria was less stressed when she was submerged in her books, and she didn't see a problem with that. She didn't know any better to see a problem in that.

The ideas brought a soft giggle from Victoria's lips, though the stereotyping made Victoria pause for a moment. "What do you mean, stereotyping?" The younger witch asked, because she'd never been prejudice to the people who had been bitten. "But both of those ideas are great! I'll definitely consider them!" Victoria explained, reaching in to her bag and pulling out a pen to write the idea down.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: You again! (Victoria)   You again! (Victoria) EmptyWed May 06, 2015 10:50 am

"That sounds amazing!" Victoria responded to the older witch. "Not about the boy getting his eyebrows singed, but seeing a dragon! You're so lucky!"

Olivia shook her head, grinning. "No, no, that was amazing, too." she chuckled. "But, yeah, seeing a dragon, touching her, trying to make her feel as comfortable as possible... It was amazing."

When she had seen the dragon, Mimi, she finally felt like she's on the right path and that taking care of dragons, training them, is the thing she was supposed to do. It was a glorious feeling and if it didn't sound so lame, she'd tell someone about it. For now, though, she would just go around, saying how awesome dragons are.

When Victoria started defending herself, saying she was alright, Olivia frowned.

"I'm not saying stop completely, but helping everyone can't possibly be healthy. Plus, I'm sure you're taking about a zillion classes, when do you have time? Anyway, just get someone else to help some of the students, delegate your workload." Olivia explained the best she could.

She's never done this before, telling someone why they can't help everybody. Sure, her parents were good, selfless people who adopted a shitload of kids, but they knew when to stop. They knew when their helping people was causing them to be exhausted, and they stopped.

"Studying makes me happy!"

Olivia thought about this for a moment. Once again, she had never had to deal with that before. Yes, Sofia was an insufferable know-it-all, but even she complained about studying all the time.

"Okaay..." she said slowly, trying to think of what to say. "Well, what else makes you happy? Do that sometimes, as well."

As Victoria asked what she meant by stereotypes, Olivia was torn between gaping and laughing at her. The rest was a sort of high-pitched giggle, accompanied by raised eyebrows and wide eyes. The witch was horrified at the sound she made, so she started talking immediately, not giving the other girl time to comment on it.

"Well, stereotypes. You know, some people think that werewolves look hairy and whatnot all the time, some think that they only eat raw meat... I've actually heard someone say that they think werewolves can't wear the colour pink, because it burns them." Olivia shook her head, taking a sip of her coffee.

"There's all sorts of things, people are idiots. You do know that most werewolves can't get a regular job because the employers are afraid they're gonna eat them or they're just horribly prejudiced? It's horrible." Olivia finished seriously, looking at Victoria. How does someone not pick up on the prejudice all around them?
Back to top Go down
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

PostSubject: Re: You again! (Victoria)   You again! (Victoria) EmptyWed May 06, 2015 8:01 pm

Victoria simply smiled at Olivia's explanation of the dragon, it wasn't much, but Victoria felt very excited about the thought of seeing a dragon. Of course, whether she would ever get to see a dragon, she didn't know, but she would hold on to the snippets of information in the hope that one day she could experience it for herself.

The conversation on delegation made Victoria bite her lip. The idea of putting work on others that she could, and would, handle seemed... mean, in a way. "I have time..." Was all the younger witch could manage, so softly it was barely there because she didn't want Olivia to think she couldn't handle what she was doing. Victoria was sure she could manage it.

Victoria let out a soft chuckle at the thought of what else made her happy. "I like dancing, and I like playing Quidditch. I'm getting better, actually. Not as good as my big brother, of course, but I'm definitely getting better! And I do those things too!" Victoria insisted, though the dancing was less often at the moment, but she had Quidditch twice a week to enjoy.

"You're worrying though, I am fine! I'm just trying to get everything back in place for the new term, and it's been a little more than I anticipated, but it's going to be fine!" Victoria explained, giving the older witch a bright smile to reassure her.

However, when the conversation turned very serious, it showed on Victoria's features, her hand raising to cover her mouth as a soft gasp left her lips. As Olivia finished explaining, Victoria's hand dropped from covering her mouth. "That's... That's so horrible! I..." Victoria shook her head, speechless at the thought that some people could be... well, so silly!

"Werewolves are just the same as you and me. They're people! Why..." Victoria let out a soft, frustrated sigh. "Is the Ministry working to sort this? Are there people working on this? People shouldn't be... they shouldn't be treated like that!" The Head Girl insisted, her disbelief of the situation quite clear in her features, and possibly, just possibly a look of disgust at the thought that someone was being pushed out of the way.

"No one should ever be subjected to any kind of prejudice like that, but most especially not someone who can't help it!" Victoria concluded, still dealing with this information internally.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You again! (Victoria)   You again! (Victoria) Empty

Back to top Go down

You again! (Victoria)
Page 1 of 1