Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

Jake Newbury, Josie LeBlanc

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
I got you, babe (Victoria) Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
I got you, babe (Victoria) Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
I got you, babe (Victoria) Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
I got you, babe (Victoria) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
I got you, babe (Victoria) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

I got you, babe (Victoria)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

Birthday : 2013-08-13

I got you, babe (Victoria) Empty
PostSubject: I got you, babe (Victoria)   I got you, babe (Victoria) EmptyWed May 02, 2018 1:21 am

I got you, babe (Victoria) 789ee47d4517fad9c6566eef3f85361d

The fundraiser had been, in short, a complete success. Of course the success had nothing to do with how much money the schools made or what short and long term solutions were reached to keep public schools funded. Nah, non of that mattered to Jackson Blake right now. It was a success because he had come out of smelling like roses. Thanks to the little goblin who had showed up with him, he had remained respectable in the eyes of the press and she hadn't clung to him all night asking him to explain this and that, instead circling her way through the politicians, socialites and even staff and board members of the public schools in question. She probably felt right at home among teachers and coaches and whatnot, being so close to a kid as she was. At one point, Jackson even caught her having a discussion on something called an oversight committee for charter schools. The wizard had to admit, her conversation partner did a remarkable job of looking thoroughly interested as the princess droned on and on about something he couldn't for the life of him remember now.

What he did remember was of course the newspaper article that came out on Monday while he was away, brought to him by his incredibly harried tour manager as she tried to figure out which gas stops would be the least redundant on their route. The article only occupied a small portion of the society pages but it did feature a small picture of himself and the goblin upon arrival. Much like him, the reporter had failed to get the Princess's name and she was simply refereed to as "date".

The young politician had left on his campaign tour early Sunday morning lo lots of groans and clamor. No one wanted to be up at six in the morning but tough luck, neither did Jackson and if he was up, so was his staff. After a quick breakfast of cereal and juice, Jackson had departed with a shouted goodbye to his house guest, reminding her that he had left some cash on the table for groceries over the weekend. He had no idea how her card situation was panning out and at this point, it was hard to care. He had had way too much good food over the last week to wish for it to stop and shelling out money for groceries was a small price to pay, all things considering.

Climbing aboard the bus, Jackson had immediately made his way to the most comfortable seat in the entire vehicle and promptly gone to sleep once more, getting in those precious extra hours that would be a life saver one day. Unfortunately, he had fallen asleep in the worse position possible and woke up to a back pain he should have been at least forty years away from. Still work was work and as they made their planned stops into cities and towns, Jackson bravely took the microphone, highlighting his plans if he was elected to senate. These cities were enemy territories, more blue than red and the dark haired politician had to keep his narrative mild and his appearance sharp. His face would do better to win votes here than his policies.

Sunday night was spent on the road once more, this time Jackson using the privacy of the back of the bus to transfigure his seat into a proper bed. It would have worked too had the bumpy motion of the vehicle not been a painful reminder that he was not in his own home. He was already up and being primed before Seven on Monday for his "casual" jog, his black sports vest, pretending to be casual track pants and six hundred dollar running shoes in place. It would do his camp a lot of good if Jackson Blake was seen running amongst the locals before he prepped for the day's speeches.

As they traveled further, the geography grew friendlier. Rural areas were the heart and soul of the republican party and the more inwards they traveled the heartier their welcome. Jackson even got to stop by a hoe down in the middle of nowhere and dance with some finalists in a local pageant. The girls were ugly as dogs but the food reminded him of home.

Jackson and his crew slept in a large and fairly comfortable farmhouse courtesy of the small town and its hoe down/pageant event, the tour bus parked and, for the night at least, forgotten. But it s back into the oil drinking, steam belching belly of the beast come Tuesday morning and the crew departed early, Jackson consoled by thoughts of sleeping in his own bed that night. Throughout the tour, he hadn't once thought to check up on the Goblin, and he only remembered now when he saw his Head of Logistics checking in on her own daughter Susie, assuring her mommy would be home soon.

Yeah... you were supposed to check on kids, weren't you? But how would he even check on the princess? She didn't even have a phone. Or did she? For the first time, Jackson realized how little he knew about his current, unexpected housemate. And upon further reflection, decided he'd rather keep it that way. The more out of her business he stayed, the more she would be inclined to repay the favor.

There were only three stops the way back to Milwaukee on Tuesday but somehow they felt longer and more draining than the first two days of the tour put together. Probably because Jackson was just about ready for this trip to be over. So when the bus finally pulled into the city council parking lot, depositing a very grumpy representative at his office, Jackson didn't even bother with the formalities. His car could be delivered some other day. The man simply found a private room and apperated home, appearing just outside the locked door before he reminded himself that he had no key. The witch currently using his studio as her holiday pad had the only pair of course.

Cursing softly, he summoned George who used his emergency key to let Jackson in without asking too many questions. Good man George, Jackson reflected as he entered the studio half blinded by sleep. George would make a much better roommate, the man decided, pushing upon his bedroom door and collapsing on his bed. The goblin was nowhere to be seen and right now, he didn't really care. Within five minutes, Jackson Blake was out like a light, fully dressed and wearing his shoes, snoring softly to indicate his absence from the world for the moment.

Last edited by Mimosa Harrington on Thu May 17, 2018 6:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

Birthday : 1998-02-13
Job/hobbies : Legal Adviser

PostSubject: Re: I got you, babe (Victoria)   I got you, babe (Victoria) EmptyThu May 03, 2018 10:36 pm

The fundraiser had, in Victoria's honest opinion, been an eye opener. After Jackson had asked her to accompany him to the event, Victoria had read up on the subject of the charter schools in America in comparison to Public and Private schools. The young witch had found many flaws in the system that was being put forward, and her opinion on the matter had been well formed by the time she'd attended the event with Jackson on Saturday evening.

They had arrived together, Victoria holding on to his arm simply for comfort. Knowing he was beside her as they moved in to the throng of people had made it easier, though even if her face was made up in the most beautiful of smiles as the cameras around them caught them on film, Victoria's heart was racing exponentially with being out of an evening at a function. Not wishing to let Jackson down, or show him up, though, Victoria had moved off to talk with various parties about the whole event.

It had been fun, Victoria could not lie about that, learning about other people's views, discussing pros and cons with different minded people, it had taken her mind off of most things for the evening. If anyone had cared to notice, though, Victoria spoke only to women, or men who had a woman on their arm already. Never once in the evening did she find herself alone with a male, and when there was a male in the group she was speaking, Victoria's eyes would quickly pick out Jackson, making sure he was close by, before she settled in to the conversation. The whole evening was spent in the shadow of the past, anxiously awaiting a time where she would find herself alone with a male, but the time never came. As the announcement for the amount raised came in, Victoria had found her way back to Jackson, slipping her hand carefully in to his arm for the reassurance he was there, and she was safe.

Neither one had spoken of the event -- Victoria was exhausted by the time they got home, her ankles and calves aching from the four inch heels she'd worn that evening, and her body drained from the on-edge mannerism it had taken up for the evening. Not, Victoria was glad to remark to herself, that anyone had noticed her mannerisms.

Jackson had cleared out of the flat early the next morning after a bowl of cereal and the mention of money for food. Victoria had waved him off, telling him not to worry about her, and he had disappeared. The next few days were supposed to be kept to herself, for her to enjoy, and look over the house information Jackson had left her with. And, Sunday, this was the case.

Victoria had poured over the contract with a red pen, picking out loopholes in the contract that would go against Jackson, amending wordings that sounded too fluffy and putting in statements of clear fact instead. She had worked tirelessly on each document, making it watertight for the man who had aided her, to ensure that if -- for any reason -- he ended up in a law suit, it would take a miracle to move him from the premises. The cover letter for the adjustments had been polite, denoting herself as Jackson's lawyer as she sent the package back where it had come from, knowing she'd just trumped the opposition's attorney.

But in and around the paperwork, Victoria had come to learn something.

Safety was felt only in the flat, and then... only during the day.

The first time Victoria had realised this was on Sunday afternoon when she'd popped out to the grocery store to pick up the week's shopping. She'd felt like she was being followed all the way along the street, and so she'd pulled her phone from her pocket, and dialled the first number in there. Her mom had picked up on the second dial.

"Victoria!"

"Hey mom, how are you? You're meeting me at the shop on the end of the street, right?" Victoria asked, a story that she had been taught to use in the event she didn't feel safe. No matter where she was.

"Victoria," Alexis Newbury's voice sounded strained in that moment. "Are you alright, darling?"

"Yeah, I'm fine, mom! You're just heading out of the car park? Yep, I know it, it's just the next street over..." Victoria replied to the mock conversation, turning to look in a shop window. Her would be follower was not male, though, just a taller woman, in her mid-fifties, not at all interested in Victoria as she continued on without so much as a look at the younger woman. "I'm okay, mom. False alarm, I thought... I was being silly." The witch explained, turning back down the road and continuing the conversation with her mom a while longer before she rang off when she got to the shops.

With her hands laden with bags, Victoria had walked so, so quickly hope she'd been all but panting as she closed and locked the door behind her, ignoring the worried look from George on her way up. Victoria had slid down the otherside of the door, letting out a soft cry as she curled in to a ball. The safety blanket -- no matter how silly it sounded -- that Jackson had provided her with had been taken on the trip he was currently on. It was in that moment that the lawyer knew that she was not okay after the incident, that she felt vulnerable in the world.

And the worst thing was, she didn't know what to do about it.

Night times were worse, though. Victoria had locked the door to the flat with not only the lock, but the latch that had never been put across when Jackson was home. She'd gone around each of the windows in the flat and checked they were firmly locked, and then she had checked it all a second time. Even knowing she was securely locked in the flat, Victoria had struggled with sleep the night, toying with the idea of calling someone, only to realise all her friends and family would be soundly asleep.

It had been the second night that Victoria had gotten up from her place on the sofa and had moved to Jackson's room. Another door between her and potential trespassers helped only by a margin as she sat on the man's bed, wondering how he was getting on... She shook herself after a few moments, though, doubting Jackson had thought of her even once. Victoria had woken up the next morning cocooned in Jackson's bed, in his blanket, which was tucked just under her nose. The faint hint of his cologne clinging to the material had -- not that Victoria had realised this much -- been enough to allow her to drift off, undisturbed by her fears for a few hours.

Tuesday morning had seen the express delivery of Jackson's keys and the redrafted contract on the house. Apparently denoting that the firm was wasting Representative Blake's precious time had been a good call, things got done a lot quicker this way. After a final read through, Victoria had been pleased with the work, and the keys were just an added bonus. Pet project, as Jackson had called it, complete.

Jackson had come back quite late, Victoria had been in the shower at the time, and the sound of someone coming in had frozen her in place. After a few moments, though, a familiar sound touched Victoria's ears. Jackson's snoring. She smiled to herself as she changed for bed, towelling her hair dry before going to check on Jackson. He was fast asleep, still dressed. She shook her head with the smallest of smiles, moving to take his shoes off very, very carefully. One after the other they came off, and Victoria covered him in the blanket she'd slept in last night, drew the curtains, and left him on his own.

She'd tell him in the morning.

Victoria was the first to rise -- not that she was surprised, Jackson needed better blinds in this place -- on Wednesday morning. She moved to the kitchen and prepared them both scrambled eggs and bacon on toast. Hot drinks accompanied their breakfast, but Victoria purposefully placed the contract and keys in the middle of the table.

"Jax! Breakfast is ready, you're going to be late for work." Victoria told him, knocking gently on the door to try to rouse him. "Bacon and eggs for you!" She added, in case he hadn't smelt the food wafting through the flat. Without another word, Victoria moved back to the table, tucking in to her own food as she waited for the man to appear. Whether he would tell her about his trip, she didn't know, but Victoria was hoping he would. So far, Jackson Blake's life had been intriguing, opening new areas of study for her, and Victoria had always loved learning new things.

~ Profile ~ Vickson Playlist ~
~ Slender ~ 30 ~ Bookworm ~ 5' ~ American ~
I got you, babe (Victoria) Rsz_1v10
Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

PostSubject: Re: I got you, babe (Victoria)   I got you, babe (Victoria) EmptyThu May 17, 2018 6:39 pm

It was the best seep he'd had in weeks. No waking up in a cold sweat without knowing what was wrong, no tossing and turning restlessly, no dream realizations that he had done something so so wrong. Jackson Blake had slept peacefully, and he would have continued to do so if an annoyingly chirpy voice hand't seen fit to wake him. The knock on his door made him mumble something that sounded remarkably like "fuck you" in its incoherence but the damage was done. He was awake. Though a few more moments of lucidity made him realize that his back hurt from sleeping too long.

A sleep encrusted eye opened to the world only to close immediately. What was up with all the sunlight? And as if that wasn't enough, the princess called out once more, this time saying something about breakfast. His stomach growled slightly at the word but his eyes and mind fought. He hadn't had dinner last night, but he was in bed. He didn't have to go into work today...

Finally, it was the smell of bacon that roused him, and one clear glance at himself showed that he'd only taken his shoes off before hitting the hay. Making short work of his attire from the previous day, the wizard threw it all into the laundry basket. The Goblin would take care of it, just as he knew she had been responsible for the freshly folded shirts in his cupboards. Pulling out track pants and a thin white t shirt, the male only put on the former, slinging the shirt over his shoulder before pushing the door to his bedroom open and making a beeline for the bathroom - it was almost painful to walk away from the smell of bacon but Jackson did it.

A five minute shower that included a quick brush of his teeth later, he exited the bathroom, now fully clothes in the white t shirt that was semi transparent due to the fact that he had forgotten to take in a towel. His hair slick and dripping more moisture into the fabric of his shirt, the male took a seat at the table, determined to be grumpy at his house guest but unable to keep a smile from warming his face as the delicious scent wafted over to him.

"Morning kiddo," he greeted, pulling the dish of scrambled eggs towards him. Next he moved to pile a heaping portion of bacon on his toast. He was halfway through his second bite when he noticed the contract on the table. "Oh, ready to send it to New York yet?' he asked, only half teasing. What did the kid expect, it was a legitimate contract, not one of her crossword puzzles. "Don't fee bad, I'm sure you tried your best." But he, she had more than made up for it with this breakfast. To a man who hadn't had a decent meal in three days, this came pretty close to heaven.

"So, anything interesting happen while I was gone?"

Back to top Go down
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

PostSubject: Re: I got you, babe (Victoria)   I got you, babe (Victoria) EmptyFri May 18, 2018 7:35 am

Victoria's eyes had lifted from her food when Jackson emerged from his room, half dressed and heading towards the bathroom. The younger witch's cheeks flushed a soft pink as she took in the image of the man in such attire, her eyes moving away from his form in favour of her food. Victoria was not, despite being twenty six years of age, comfortable in the presence of half naked men. Of course, that wasn't to say she didn't appreciate the form, but she didn't like to focus on it.

Especially not with Jackson.

By the time Jackson had emerged from the bathroom, Victoria had finished one and a half slices of toast, being beaten by the sheer amount of food she'd made. She was sure, though, that Jackson would probably finish hers if he enjoyed his own, he had a knack for seconds, she'd learned in the past week or so. The freshly showered male moved across the room, his white shirt clinging to his form in a manner that made Victoria focus on his face. Merlin's beard, didn't the man know how to use a towel? It wasn't like he didn't have one freshly folded in his room!

"Morning," Victoria replied brightly to his greeting, watching him closely as he took the first couple of mouthfuls. He seemed, as always, to enjoy the food she'd prepared, and unnoticeable to most people, Victoria gently relaxed, knowing she had satisfied the man's hunger.

"Oh, ready to send it to New York yet? Don't feel bad, I'm sure you tried your best."

The smile on Victoria's lips failed in that moment. A frown touched her features instead as she looked across at the man before her. "You really are the most condescending man on Earth, you know that?" Victoria told him, reaching for the envelope that held not only the contract she'd made airtight for him, but also the set of keys. Not wishing to let him off so lightly, though, Victoria pulled out the contract which she let drop heavily (on purpose) between them on the table, the thud echoing slightly in the room.

"One contract, worked on by me and only me. Whoever you employed to set up the first one was leaving you open in more ways than possible in the event of your death. I've sealed it so that the only person who can, currently, lay claim to the title of the property is your mother. Should you marry the property will be protected from even your spouse, unless you change your mind and update the paperwork.

"I also enquired on a few matters in the deeds of the previous owner, picking up on a couple of registrations that weren't looked in to by them. You've had to take out a small insurance policy, in case the matters in the deeds are ever contested. I doubt they will be, truly, but I didn't wish for you to lose your home if they came knocking." Victoria explained, her tone clipped because if there was one thing she could not tolerate, it was being underestimated in her competence of her job.

"And, if that wasn't enough for you, Mr. Blake, I got the keys to your new home for you, in record time." Victoria explained, turning the envelope upside down above the contract so that the keys dropped out on top with a soft jingle.

"I don't expect you to say thank you, of course, that would be too close to admitting you were wrong about my capabilities." Victoria finalised, grabbing her plate and getting down from the table to go and wash up all of the pans she'd used that morning. Leaving Jackson Blake to take on board just how much she'd done for him in his absence.

Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

PostSubject: Re: I got you, babe (Victoria)   I got you, babe (Victoria) EmptyFri May 18, 2018 1:54 pm

To this day, Jackson had failed to understand the fairer sex, as they said. Take this moment for example. He was finally home after days on the road, eating what was possibly the most delicious bacon of his life, and suddenly the tiny Goblin lost it. And what was worse, he didn't even realize she was going off on him until she was halfway through, making him look up in surprise at the angry little midget stomping away to the kitchen. What happened? Did she not like her own food and now was angry at him for some reason? It was very possible within the realm of female rationalization, he concluded.

"Am I supposed to...?" he asked genuinely before his eyes fell to the object she'd plonked on the table. It was a set of keys, upon closer examination. Was he supposed to thank her for the food? The keys? It finally clicked when he saw the contract, and his eyes lit up with understanding. "Oh, you did the house stuff! Are those the keys? Well done, kiddo," he congratulated before continuing with his meal.  Whatever she was angry at, maybe she could take it out on the dishes.

The rest of the meal was spent in silence unless she wished to speak, with Jackson finishing his own toast, then a second and then the princess leftovers because there was really no point in wasting food. After he'd eaten, the man reclined in his chair, listening to the sound of running water. At least he knew enough not to plonk his own dishes down just as she was doing the washing up. He supposed he could wash his own plate and mug... Later.

"Oh by the way, did the station call about your wand? If not, we can head down to Greenwitch weekend after next and get one. A friend is getting married and they're doing it up in the mountain caves." Of course she didn't need to know that should she disagree, he probably wouldn't go. Salem was far off and he really needed a free weekend for errands.

"Oh shit," the young wizard propelled himself out of his chair, dashing to his room to retriever the envelope for Dominique. He had purchased the mace lipstick on his trip and composed the note. The package finally wrapped properly, the man left it by the front door. George would come along and see it got to the right posting channels. Little Dominique needed her birthday present in time.

"I almost forgot to send my niece her gift, she would never forgive me the little firecracker," he offered in explanation.

Last edited by Mimosa Harrington on Sat May 19, 2018 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

PostSubject: Re: I got you, babe (Victoria)   I got you, babe (Victoria) EmptyFri May 18, 2018 2:20 pm

The congratulations that came to her back simply had the younger witch grumbling as she turned the sink tap on a little more heavy-handedly that she normally would. The water splashed back at her for that much, only fuelling the anger that Jackson Blake had inflicted on her. The mutterings of not knowing why she'd bothered to help the man who quite clearly didn't see just how much she'd just done for him continued as she pushed the trays in to the hot water, remembering the bubbles only a moment too soon.

"Oh by the way, did the station call about your wand? If not, we can head down to Greenwitch this weekend and get one. A friend is getting married and they're doing it up in the mountain caves."

The cheek! Victoria thought as she pushed the tap closed, and reached for the cloth to do the washing up. "You could always ask your girlfriend." Victoria retorted in that moment, moving in to grounds she hadn't wished to move in to. The laptop screensaver had been something Victoria had wanted to ask Jackson about, but never brought up because she was sure Jackson had his reasons for not seeing the red headed witch, or talking about her. "That's what most people do when it comes to weddings, anyway. Though, mind she doesn't catch the bouquet, or you'll be footing the bill for your own."

Normally, such comments might have been in jest, but with the way Victoria was scrubbing the plates it came out much more gruffly that she'd really meant.

Jackson went on about somebody else, though, his niece, but Victoria gave no response, she was still angry, and children would always soften her down. She was mad with Jackson, and the distraction would not work right now. She refused.

Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

PostSubject: Re: I got you, babe (Victoria)   I got you, babe (Victoria) EmptyFri May 18, 2018 2:55 pm

When it became clear that the Princess was in no mood to chat, Jackson picked up the contract (having yet to wash his hands) and flicked through it. His mostly clean fingers pressed into the pristine paper unthinkingly as he read the description as best he could. In the end, it didn't make sense but hey, he was no lawyer. And best of all, there were the keys so the rule of no backsies applied.

Of course, living in that huge empty house wasn't nearly as appealing, not now that he knew what he did. On top of that, the kid's mention of a girlfriend pulled a scowl from Jackson. "i don't have one," he near growled, getting up from where he sat. She clearly didn't want to talk and was mad for whatever reason women got mad. He had learned to leave them alone for the time being, they usually tended to burn themselves out after a bit and come to whatever conclusion they liked.

"And if you don't want a wand, just say so. I'm sure you can fight off intruders with your hand to hand combat skills." It was meant to be sarcastic but came out more teasing as an image of the tiny creature bloomed in his mind, holding up her kitten sized fists to fight off someone. "Also, no bouquet," he threw over his shoulders as he made his way to the bathroom to wash his hands. "It's an Indian wedding, they wear flowers around their necks, not throw them at people's faces."

His voice was cut off by the sound of running water as he proceeded to wash and dry his hands, walking back into the living area and moving towards the television set before realizing he no longer had the luxury of watching TV outside. Great. The Game from Sunday night was teevoed on the outside TV, and now he'd have to wait for the Goblin to leave on an errand before he could watch it.

Back to top Go down
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

PostSubject: Re: I got you, babe (Victoria)   I got you, babe (Victoria) EmptyFri May 18, 2018 3:57 pm

"Your laptop tells another story." Victoria replied to his comment, pointing out the the background of it clearly showed him happy with some young lady she'd never heard of in conversation. Victoria continued to scrub the plate in her hand, getting rid of the grease from the bacon.

After that plate was done, Victoria moved around to the table, picking up Jackson's empty plate and cup and brought it back to the sink to clean those up too.

The comment about a wand brought Victoria to a pause as she scrubbed. She couldn't remain angry when it came to the fact that she needed Jackson to get her to Greenwitch in order to get herself a new wand. Something that, she had to admit, she needed. Especially when it came to her own safety. For a few moments, Victoria remained quiet. "I'd love to see an Indian wedding." She replied, picking up the tea towel on the side. "Jake had friends from India on his Quidditch team, but I missed Drishti's wedding due to it falling in exam periods whilst I was at university." Victoria continued on, not caring if Jackson was truly listening as she put things away.

Another five minutes, the errands of the kitchen were done and Victoria brought a cloth out with her to wipe down the table. Only to find Jackson looking at the TV in much the same manner as Jake did when he wanted to watch Quidditch and their mom was present.

"You don't have to mind me if you want to watch some programme, or sport, or whatever it is you're looking at the TV for." Victoria told him, wiping the table and heading back in to the kitchen. "I've got some things I can do whilst you're watching."

Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

PostSubject: Re: I got you, babe (Victoria)   I got you, babe (Victoria) EmptyFri May 18, 2018 8:15 pm

"Never mind the laptop," Jackson murmured, eyeing the sofa that now served as the Princess's bed. Could he flop on it now that she slept in it? These new rules were hard to get around his head, and yet, he was starting to mind them less and less.

Deciding not to bother her sleeping area, Jackson returned to the table, only to find his plate and mug had been removed and was already washed. Something resembling unease bubbled inside him. The kid had been mad at him and still did his washing up.

When she agreed to the Greenwitch visit, Jackson grinned, all woes and guilt forgotten. "Good, there are going to be some epic dance numbers. You haven't lived until you've been part of a Bollywood throwdown," the words were sincere, Jackson had come from a deceptively multi cultural town and this was far from his first Desi wedding. "Oh, and I can ask Preethi Bhabhi to lend you something for the occasion, she's the station commissioner's wife. Nice lady, makes amazing samosas."

He would need to call Jim anyway, let him know that the wand was being replaced and register it under the tiny witch's name. Maybe if he could learn his roommate's name, he could even have it done over the phone. Violet Newbury?

"Oh and also, we made the paper," he announced casually, getting up from his place on the table (and ignoring her comment about watching whatever he wanted, the game wasn't going anywhere and well, she had been nice enough to do the washing) and heading into his room. The young politician emerged a moment later with his phone, opened to a screenshot of the article which featured a picture of the two of them arriving at the fundraiser last Saturday.

"Here, have a look," he offered, leaving the shiny black device on the table for her to examine closely.

Back to top Go down
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

PostSubject: Re: I got you, babe (Victoria)   I got you, babe (Victoria) EmptyFri May 18, 2018 8:41 pm

Sensing the the topic of the laptop was not one that Jackson wanted to talk about, Victoria let it slide. It wasn't, after all, her business. So, she simply cleaned up the table before returning the cloth to the kitchen, cleaning it out and leaving it to dry.

As Jackson spoke about the wedding, Victoria simply listened. She'd never seen an Indian wedding, and she had absolutely no clue what a 'Bollywood throwdown' was, but she was sure she would find out. "So long as Mrs Bhabhi won't be put out by you asking her, and so long as she's roughly my size, I'm sure that will work." Victoria replied. "Otherwise, I can just head to the shops here and get something fitting for the occasion." Victoria replied to his comments. Though she didn't know who Mrs Bhabhi was, or who Jackson was referring to.

Jackson was quickly moving on to another subject, though. There was no surprise from Victoria of being photographed. The feeling of being photographed was not one she was accustomed to, and she'd felt the camera on herself and Jackson more than too much for her liking. The fact that he had said photos was not sitting well either. As he emerged with his phone, showing her the article that depicted her as his 'date', the witch let out a huff.

"I really wish they would report accurately." She told him, passing the phone back to him. "Congratulations on getting some media time, though. A pity it couldn't be more focused on the cause you were helping."

Handing the phone back, Victoria moved to the sofa and pulled the laptop on to her lap. "Will we need a hotel for the wedding? I can look at the availability in Greenwitch for us if you'd like?" Victoria asked. "And, where's your suit? I'll need to get that washed for you..." She continued, though her attention was on the screen, clicking on the internet button to get her own emails up to check for correspondence from her mom or Grayson.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I got you, babe (Victoria)   I got you, babe (Victoria) Empty

Back to top Go down

I got you, babe (Victoria)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next