Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Global Citizenship - Fall Term Homework Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Global Citizenship - Fall Term Homework Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Global Citizenship - Fall Term Homework Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Global Citizenship - Fall Term Homework Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Global Citizenship - Fall Term Homework Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Global Citizenship - Fall Term Homework

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

Birthday : 2013-08-13

Global Citizenship - Fall Term Homework Empty
PostSubject: Global Citizenship - Fall Term Homework   Global Citizenship - Fall Term Homework EmptyThu May 17, 2018 2:47 pm

For your homework, please choose one of the problems below to solve. An explanation must accompany your solution, stating how you arrived to the conclusion you did. While there is no word limit for this, be specific in your methodology lest your answer be unacceptable.

Problem One:

Problem Two:

As always, your answers should be submitted with your name and House clearly printed on your parchment. You have until the end of this month (31st) to submit your work for a total of fifteen house points. Your submission must be via owl to keep your answers safe. If you have any more questions, please reread the instructions before reaching out to my assistant.

Good luck!

Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

PostSubject: Re: Global Citizenship - Fall Term Homework   Global Citizenship - Fall Term Homework EmptyFri May 18, 2018 10:21 am

Answer:

Fifteen points to Ms. Clara Goldstien of Ravenclaw for correctly solving one of the two problems - in record time too. Your use of elimination techniques and clear explanation of the framework demonstrates that you have fully grasped the concept here. You continue to impress me Ms. Goldstien, keep it up!

Your answers will be revealed after the deadline, until then you might want to try your hand at the second problem for some additional bonus points. Or simply for the challenge of it. Intellectual pursuits are known to keep one's mind sharp and focussed.

All answers submitted will be revealed after the deadline mentioned in class, until then please keep in mind that your submissions must be owled privately to me unless you wish to share your work with everyone else in the class.

As always, I wish you the best of luck on your journey to intellectual fullfilment.

Last edited by Mimosa Harrington on Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

PostSubject: Re: Global Citizenship - Fall Term Homework   Global Citizenship - Fall Term Homework EmptyThu May 31, 2018 3:27 am

Answer 1:

Answer 2:

Twenty two points to Ms. Elenore Clement of Hufflepuff for solving both problems. Your homework is an example of how even incomplete answers or wrong answers but begotten from correctly applied methodology can gain points, a lesson that would be very useful in your upcoming NEWT exams.

You solved the first problem almost perfectly with only one wrongly placed element - for a total of twelve points.

With problem two, you included a note that you had only managed to solve it part way but would submit it regardless which is definitely in the spirit of this homework. You came very close with only a few words missing - for a total of ten points.

All answers submitted will be revealed after the deadline mentioned in class, until then please keep in mind that your submissions must be owled privately to me unless you wish to share your work with everyone else in the class.

Last edited by Mimosa Harrington on Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

PostSubject: Re: Global Citizenship - Fall Term Homework   Global Citizenship - Fall Term Homework EmptyFri Jun 01, 2018 4:11 am

Answer:

Five points to Ms. Bliss of Slytherin for sheer effort alone. Your homework would certainly have benefitted from how you arrived at the answer to problem one and would have perhaps ensured you at least had one string of the answer correct.

Though you did not correctly complete the solution, certain elements did fall into place through what I assume is guesswork alone. And in submitting what you had, you successfully avoided the biggest pitfall of these challenges - submitting nothing.

Therefore you may take the five points for your effort  and audacity - it appears Slytherins can be quite the bold risk takers too, Miss Bliss. Next time, I would encourage you to work on the problem more.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Global Citizenship - Fall Term Homework   Global Citizenship - Fall Term Homework Empty

Back to top Go down

Global Citizenship - Fall Term Homework
Page 1 of 1