Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Trouble, I Guess? (Grayson) Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Trouble, I Guess? (Grayson) Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Trouble, I Guess? (Grayson) Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Trouble, I Guess? (Grayson) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Trouble, I Guess? (Grayson) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Trouble, I Guess? (Grayson)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Trouble, I Guess? (Grayson) Empty
PostSubject: Trouble, I Guess? (Grayson)   Trouble, I Guess? (Grayson) EmptyThu Jun 14, 2018 9:29 pm

When the professor had called him out for not wanting to join in with the lesson, the smile on Dimitri Moreau's lips at the incredulousness of the suggestion was sobered with the idea of meeting up with the professor after the lesson. Dimitri was quite sure that the man was not suggesting the meeting, but instead insisting upon it because of Dimitri's reaction in that moment. The Ravenclaw thought, only briefly, about leaving the classroom without hanging back, but the possibility of losing points for Ravenclaw was something the boy was not too fond of.

So, after everyone else had left the room, Dimitri stayed back to speak with the professor, as he had been asked, but it was quite clear the Ravenclaw was not in the slightest bit happy about being held back from getting out of the lesson.

Waiting at his desk in the now, somewhat, tidy classroom, Dimitri waited for the professor to get to the point he wanted to. Probably something about the lesson meaning to be useful in day to day life, as if the Moreau heir was ever going to perform such a spell. Still, Dimitri couldn't blame the man, he wasn't, after all, a Pureblood.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Trouble, I Guess? (Grayson)   Trouble, I Guess? (Grayson) EmptyFri Jun 15, 2018 12:29 pm

Grayson sat down behind his desk with a small sigh, dreading how this might go. He steeled himself. He was not supposed to be the nervous one. He folded his hands in front of him and looked across his desk at the boy who still sat where he had been sitting the entire class. For a moment, he simply assessed the young Ravenclaw, debating the correct approach.

Teenagers always thought they were right. It was clear Dimitri Moreau believed his actions were justified, and thus anything Grayson said would go in one ear and out the other unless he could address the boy's reasoning directly. He could guess, but...it would be easier just to ask.

"I'm done lecturing for today," he said, his tone level and his voice light. "So we're just going to talk. Feel free to move closer if you'd like."

Grayson's posture was relaxed, and, hopefully, welcoming. He wasn't angry. Mildly annoyed, perhaps, but not angry.

"I don't have much teaching experience," he started. "But supposedly, when a teacher does everything right, the class is willing to participate. So tell me, what did I do wrong?"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Trouble, I Guess? (Grayson)   Trouble, I Guess? (Grayson) EmptySun Jun 17, 2018 2:44 pm

Dimitri was not a trouble maker, it had never been in his nature to cause trouble. But, when asked to clean Dimitri Moreau was not going to be one who would conform with that task. Cleaning, and other such mundane tasks, were for servants, you paid people to do that, so why on Earth would he, the heir to the Moreau fortune, need to know how to clean things up for himself? No, Dimitri was not best pleased with the whole idea, and that was why he had 'acted out' in the class.

Professor Hughes did not seem to like that.

But, Dimitri could work with that, so when he was posed the question of what the professor had done wrong, the Moreau heir couldn't help but frown slightly at the question. What had Professor Hughes done wrong? Inherently, he hadn't done anything wrong, if you looked at it from a neutral perspective, so why the man thought he had done something wrong, Dimitri couldn't understand.

"I don't believe you did do anything wrong, Professor." Dimitri responded from the same spot that he'd been sat in the whole of the class. "If you're referring to why I didn't participate, I am sure you can understand that such a spell... well, it's not necessary for people like me." Dimitri replied, knowing the professor was not a Pureblood himself. Had this been a class with the Headmistress, he knew she would understand, but when you were dealing with halfbloods and the like... Well, you couldn't always be sure. "I don't do such things in my home, nor will I ever expect to be, to be asked to do such things by you..." Dimitri trailed off, leaving the rest unsaid.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Trouble, I Guess? (Grayson)   Trouble, I Guess? (Grayson) EmptyFri Jun 22, 2018 3:04 pm

When Dimitri admitted that he didn't believe Grayson had done a poor job as a professor, the librarian relaxed a little internally. Good, they were getting somewhere. He'd been prepared to take criticism, but he was glad that he wouldn't have to defend himself to a student. He knew from his own time at Hogwarts how delicate the balance of power was in the classroom, and he had observed teachers who had failed by leaning too far on either side of the spectrum. Those who ruled like dictators were generally hated, and those who allowed the students to dictate lost all respect, and therefore control. Teaching, like anything, required moderation.

Of course, Dimitri still didn't move, but Grayson never expected him to. Again, it was a power play. Whoever moved first lost. If Dimitri submitted to his suggestion, he would be conceding Grayson's authority and influence over him--something no teenaged boy, especially one of Dimitri's standing, was ever wont to do. On the other hand, if Grayson himself decided to move closer after seeing Dimitri wouldn't, he'd be admitting that the boy's will was stronger than his own, and would give up any power he might have had in this situation. So neither of them moved.

He nodded thoughtfully at Dimitri's explanation, considering his options. He could see why the boy would feel the way he did, but he couldn't help but think the argument was rather flimsy. Times were changing, and sometimes Purebloods--like his own father--did end up without servants to do their dirty work for them. But even if that were not the case, Grayson didn't think anyone was "above" learning the vanishing spell. Well, he didn't think anyone was above learning anything, being the knowledge hoarder that he was. He noted the blue colour of the boy's robes, and considered the appeal he was trying to make.

"So you think," he started, summing up what the boy had essentially just said, "that there is no point in knowing anything unless you are certain that you will use it someday? Well, I'd wager half the spells on your exams will never be useful in a practical situation, no matter what your social standing may be. I'm supposed to teach you how to turns desks into pigs. Does that sound like something you'd use outside of school? I certainly never have. Yet it will be on your NEWTs for this class, as will the vanishing spell."

He had several other arguments to make, but he held back, waiting to see if he had gotten through to the Ravenclaw before he continued.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Trouble, I Guess? (Grayson)   Trouble, I Guess? (Grayson) EmptySat Jun 23, 2018 3:44 pm

Dimitri's facial expression turned sour as the professor explained that they would be taught many things along the course of their stay in the castle that would not hold any relevance in their lives. Things that they would never -- and the professor had never -- use outside of the classroom. To admit the professor was right in this moment, that turning a desk in to a pig was not something that sounded even remotely useful in the wider world.

But that did not mean that Dimitri had to learn spells used by the staff at the Estate, did it?

"Then, I suppose I will either have to hope the spell doesn't come up in my exam, or else I manage it quite by chance on the day. My parents will be able to understand if I explain to them. Perhaps write to the board, if necessary." Dimitri explained, hoping that the professor before him was not privy to the knowledge that his own parents had held him back due to failing Potions last year.

No Professor Hughes had only been a Librarian last year, Dimitri doubted the man would know the inner workings of the school so quickly.

"If that's all?" The Ravenclaw asked, pushing back from his desk with an air of defiance because he did not need the professor before him to tell him when it was or was not okay to leave.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Trouble, I Guess? (Grayson)   Trouble, I Guess? (Grayson) EmptyWed Jun 27, 2018 5:51 pm

It was clear the Moreau boy was not having it. It was probably no use trying to have a rational conversation with one so stubborn and set in his ways. Of course, Grayson didn't blame the young Ravenclaw for his beliefs. Such mindsets were common among Purebloods of standing, and had surely been hammered into the boy's head long before he could even walk. He did raise his eyebrows, however, at the rather petulant response.

"Perhaps," he repeated, humoring the boy. And as the Ravenclaw moved to stand, Grayson simply watched him, expression unchanging.

"One more thing," he responded lightly to the boy's rhetorical question. "I can't give you a grade for participation today, for obvious reasons. If you would like to earn back those points, you have the opportunity to complete a short assignment along with your homework." He met the boy's defiant gaze with his own calm stare. "Three uses of the vanishing spell that have nothing to do with cleaning. I would like them written out and on my desk by tomorrow morning."

And with that, he turned to the pile of homework on his desk and took out his reading glasses, dismissing the Ravenclaw with his body language rather than his words.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trouble, I Guess? (Grayson)   Trouble, I Guess? (Grayson) Empty

Back to top Go down

Trouble, I Guess? (Grayson)
Page 1 of 1