Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

Josie LeBlanc

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
I Need A Dollar Dollar, A Dollar is What I Need (Kit) Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
I Need A Dollar Dollar, A Dollar is What I Need (Kit) Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
I Need A Dollar Dollar, A Dollar is What I Need (Kit) Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
I Need A Dollar Dollar, A Dollar is What I Need (Kit) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
I Need A Dollar Dollar, A Dollar is What I Need (Kit) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

I Need A Dollar Dollar, A Dollar is What I Need (Kit)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

Birthday : 1998-02-13
Job/hobbies : Legal Adviser

I Need A Dollar Dollar, A Dollar is What I Need (Kit) Empty
PostSubject: I Need A Dollar Dollar, A Dollar is What I Need (Kit)   I Need A Dollar Dollar, A Dollar is What I Need (Kit) EmptySun Jul 29, 2018 2:58 pm

17 February 2025

After the night spent at Jackson's house on Valentine's Day, Victoria had been more confident that he was not going to fall down a slippery slope that would entice a relapse. You could never be sure, of course, but the tension she'd seen in the man's shoulders Friday morning had seemed to disappear by the time they'd finished a good, hearty breakfast on Sunday morning. After breakfast was finished, Victoria had told Jackson of her plan to head down to see Mr Harrington first thing on Monday morning, she would stop by the office on her walk back to her apartment through the snow drifts, collect everything she would need, and head to Carmel on the Monday morning so that they didn't waste any time.

True to her word, Victoria had followed her explanation to Jackson, picking up a number of folders from the office on her long walk home -- she didn't like to use public transport when it was snowing, and Apparating was the worst method of transport in the world. Not to mention increasingly monitored by MACUSA at present.

When the witch had gotten home she'd book the cheapest flight out of Milwaukee to Carmel for Monday morning. The rest of the weekend had been spent swatting up -- as if it was needed -- on Jackson's policies, and how she was going to approach Mr Harrington and their need for money. From what Victoria could remember, though, Mr Harrington, Kit, was not a man who needed to be handled roughly, pushed in to submission. He'd always been nice. And, truthfully... Victoria was hoping that she could work with their previous relationship to be an advantage for Jackson's cause.

All she had to hope was that Mr Harrington was not in the kind of mood where no was going to be the only answer she heard.

Otherwise... well, Merlin only knew what they were going to.

San Jose International Airport had been a blur, in truth, Victoria's head in her files as she moved from the airport in to the car she'd hired for the day. The driver had checked the details with her before they'd set off, Victoria sat in the back seat, folders upon her lap, head bowed. The heat of Carmel had thrown the witch off, in truth, arriving in the airport from a snowed under Milwaukee had left the witch hurrying in to the bathroom with her bags to quickly transfigure her winter attire in to something more suitable for the weather. She'd been chastising herself for the last half an hour or so for the lack of foresight, but the folders had seemed more important than to check if it would be sunny in California.

An irony that was not missed by the witch.

The driver's eyes strayed throughout the journey, Victoria's subconscious noting the action and deducting dollars from his tip each time as she pulled her shirt slightly to ensure she wasn't showing anything inappropriate to the man. Thankfully, though, Victoria only had to suffer the torture for just over an hour. As they pulled up to the Harrington's home, Victoria told the driver to wait, that she would be back soon. He had motioned to a coffee shop just a couple of blocks over on the SatNav and Victoria had waved him off, saying she would ring him when she was ready to leave.

From there, the witch straightened up, taking in the house she had not seen in well over a decade. Her memory hadn't served it well, truthfully, and the witch took a moment to collect herself. She was not here for personal get togethers, she was here for Jackson, reminiscing was not going to help.

Clearing her head of the memories, Victoria took a moment to straighten her skirt before walking with the confidence of her role towards the front door of Mr Harrington's home. The driveway seemed to take forever to get through, perhaps it was nerves, but as the front door came in to view, Victoria told herself once more that she could do this. She was not going to let Jackson Blake down.

Knocking neatly upon the door three times, Victoria stood, files resting on her left hip, waiting for someone to answer the door. A small, sweet smile rested upon her lips, and every hint of nerves were devoid from her person.

It was just $10 million.

She could do this.

~ Profile ~ Vickson Playlist ~
~ Slender ~ 30 ~ Bookworm ~ 5' ~ American ~
I Need A Dollar Dollar, A Dollar is What I Need (Kit) Rsz_1v10
Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

Birthday : 2013-08-13

PostSubject: Re: I Need A Dollar Dollar, A Dollar is What I Need (Kit)   I Need A Dollar Dollar, A Dollar is What I Need (Kit) EmptyMon Aug 06, 2018 11:06 pm

I Need A Dollar Dollar, A Dollar is What I Need (Kit) Shah-rukh-fea1-1516593905

"You know, no matter how bad things got, we've always been able to talk?" Clara spoke tersely over breakfast when, after ten minutes of silence, it was obvious Kit wasn't going to say a word. It had been over two months since they had properly spoken, and the tension between the two cohabitants of Harrington House had run longer than that. There had been a brief reprieve over Christmas when Mimosa had come over with her friend but it had only confirmed Clara's suspicion.

They truly were parents at this point, because nothing said parents like pretending all ways okay in front of the kids. Of all the things Clara had promised herself she wouldn't let Kit turn her into, a liar had been at the top of the list. And yet here they were, yet another silent meal, yet another pretense at reading the paper, yet another show for nobody's benefit because when all was said and down, it was just the two of them all over again.

Just as she'd seen all those years ago.

"What do you want me to say, Clara?"

"What you've been thinking since September."

"If you know what I'm thinking, why do you need to hear it?"

"I don't, you just need to say it."

For a moment, it really looked like he was going to say it. The psychic could almost see the gears and cogs in his brain turning, contemplating each outcome his words could induce, calculating the risk against the potential release of all his pent up anger and frustration.

And then, just as clearly, she saw him deflate, his eyes taking on a dull sheen as he gave up. Whatever he as about to say, he had clearly decided it wasn't worth it.

He was just as afraid of breaking them as she was. Because when all was said and down, it was just the two of them all over again.

"We'll go get Azalea this Friday," he finally managed, putting up a hand to stop her in whatever her answer would have been. He needn't have tried, Clara was too tired to argue now. And contrary to whatever the photographer might think, she missed her child as much as he did his.

Another five minutes of silence passed, Kit's eyes on the paper and Clara's on her juice, neither of which had been touched. The next time the silence was broken was by the doorbell chiming too loudly through the quiet house.

"I'll get it," Kit mumbled, taking any excuse to leave the table, his toast untouched but his second cup of coffee almost empty. Clara heard him amble his way through he living room to the door, getting up to clear the midday breakfast dishes. If there was ever a good time to give up on a meal, this was it.

The photographer on his part made his way to the door, unsure who would be coming at this time but used to unexpected visits. It certainly wasn't gong to be a certain Swedish Art Collector he knew. Janna Gerber had now joined the ranks of women in his past, but that was a story for another day.

The visitor may have not been Janna but it was a woman, as quickly revealed when Kit opened the door, a polite smile touching his face. His tousled hair showed obvious signs of just waking up despite is being closer to one than noon and his casual clothing implied he wasn't expecting company. Yet here they were.

'Can I help you?"

Back to top Go down
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

PostSubject: Re: I Need A Dollar Dollar, A Dollar is What I Need (Kit)   I Need A Dollar Dollar, A Dollar is What I Need (Kit) EmptyTue Aug 07, 2018 10:11 am

A small knot of anxiousness touched Victoria's stomach as she stood waiting for someone to answer the door. It had been a long time since she'd seen Kit Harrington, she wondered whether he would recognise her after all of this time. She didn't hold her breath on that one, though, Kit probably had had many and more people in his life, she was just a distant memory, at best.

But, if he remember, if only slightly, that would be what Victoria would cling to for this meeting.

It hadn't taken long for the door to open, and there, before the witch, stood the man in question. Kit Harrington had grown older, lines around his eyes had become more pronounced, and perhaps the slightest hint of grey started at the temples. But, most importantly from Victoria's memory, the sparkle in the photographer's eyes seemed to have gone as he asked her if she could help him.

"I was hoping you might be able to, Mr Harrington. My name is Victoria Newbury, we met more than a decade ago through your daughter, Azalea." Victoria explained, leaving Jake out of it because she wasn't sure of Jake's name being used in this context. "Perhaps we could talk further inside?" The witch asked hopefully, because begging for money upon the millionaire's -- or was he a billionaire? -- doorstep was not how Victoria wanted to go about this.

"If it's a good time for you, of course. It shouldn't take too long, I know you're a busy man." Victoria added politely, not wishing to push herself on the man, but she was in a vastly desperate position. Getting in to bed with the NRA was going to be their last resort, Mr Harrington was going to be their saviour.

Hopefully...

Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

PostSubject: Re: I Need A Dollar Dollar, A Dollar is What I Need (Kit)   I Need A Dollar Dollar, A Dollar is What I Need (Kit) EmptyTue Aug 07, 2018 5:40 pm

"I was hoping you might be able to, Mr Harrington. My name is Victoria Newbury, we met more than a decade ago through your daughter, Azalea."

The greeting, while polite enough by usual standards, let Kit now a number of things. This young woman definitely knew who she was looking for with the direct address, and her last name was ringing bells too. Had Kit not been in possession of a very clear memory of all the faces of the women he'd dallied with in the past, he'd almost place the tiny witch as one of his previous companions.

But no, the final bit of evidence sunk in when she mentioned Azalea's name.

"Azalea, is she alright?" the photographer asked, worry lines crowding his features as he held the door open for the visitor. Her name finally clicked, Newbury. "Did Jake send you? I swear to Merlin if anything's happened to Azalea-"

The man was cut off by the sound of footsteps encroaching upon them, Clara hurrying to his side because something was clearly wrong. Unlike him however, the witch had no problem identifying the visitor.

"Victoria, how lovely to see you," the psychic greeted a lot more warmly than Kit had, reaching over to shake Victoria's hand.
"We hope Azalea isn't being any trouble back home. Last we checked, she and Ivan were trying to build their most ambitious lego tower yet."

The raven haired witch ushered Victoria inside, directing her to one of the sofas. "Here have a seat, my it's been ages since I've seen you in person, you're all grown up."

Kit remained silent as Clara took up the burden of small talk, but the concern never eased once from his eyes. If a Newbury was here, something somewhere had gone wrong.

Back to top Go down
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

PostSubject: Re: I Need A Dollar Dollar, A Dollar is What I Need (Kit)   I Need A Dollar Dollar, A Dollar is What I Need (Kit) EmptyTue Aug 07, 2018 5:57 pm

"Azalea, is she alright?"

Victoria couldn't help but look thoroughly confused by that question. Azalea Harrington had died over a decade ago... Jake had told her that much in the summer when he'd found out about Mimosa. So... why did Mr Harrington think that she might know how his daughter was? Had Mr Harrington unfortunately lost himself when he'd lost his daughter? Had Jackson not thought to tell her that she would have to deal with a man who still thought his daughter was alive?

The witch didn't understand, and the confusion only became more clear as Kit continued down the path of asking if Jake had sent her. No, he not. Definitely not. Why would Jake have sent her?

Her features had brightened slightly at the arrival of Clara in the background. Hopefully the woman who had lived with Kit for so long now might be able to save her from this very awkward conversation, and with subtle cues in conversation explain why Kit was asking of Azalea. People dealt with their grief in different ways, the witch supposed.

"Lovely to see you again, too, Clara, I'm sorry to intrude on your home." The younger witch explained, following the two of them inside and hoping the older witch would explain what was going on in respect with Azalea and Kit. Victoria followed Clara through to the lounge area, grateful for being allowed in. Her agenda was not a topic she was hugely comfortable with, but hopefully-

"We hope Azalea isn't being any trouble back home. Last we checked, she and Ivan were trying to build their most ambitious lego tower yet."

Victoria couldn't help but go back to the very confused state as she placed her folder down on the sofa beside her, looking to Clara with great confusion in that moment. This was not a game, Clara knew of Ivan, her nephew. But... she believed that Azalea was with him? That... wasn't possible. The pleasantries of not having seen the witch in a while washed over Victoria, her focus instead on the fact that both of the older Harrington's were under the impression Azalea was with her brother, with her nephew...

"How do you know of my nephew?" Victoria asked, doing her best not to appear too concerned with this situation. She would have written this whole thing off to madness, had Ivan not been brought in to the conversation. But... you couldn't make up a connection like that. "I mean to say... Azalea wouldn't have ever met Ivan..." The witch added, very, very gently because she didn't wish to upset the two people before her.

And, it was very clear from Victoria's features that she hadn't a clue what was going on.

Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

PostSubject: Re: I Need A Dollar Dollar, A Dollar is What I Need (Kit)   I Need A Dollar Dollar, A Dollar is What I Need (Kit) EmptyTue Aug 07, 2018 6:20 pm

"How do you know of my nephew?"

It was times like these when Kit could appreciate the full scope of Clara's social aptitude. Where all he wanted was to cut the chit chat and get to the point, the psychic knew how to navigate around the situation better. He of course had not remembered the names of the Newbury children but Clara had, and of course it was coming in handy now.

"From Azzie of course," Clara answered without missing a beat. "I know Jake was worried about bringing her home last year but she's quite take to the children. As have they, little Adrienne hardly ever leaves her side. She's even on the phone when we talk to Azalea."

Kit would have tuned out then if he hadn't felt the older witch's glance on him. "Kit, phone please," Clara requested. t\The photographer complied, passing it to her. All their devices were hooked to recognize both of them so Clara was easily able to unlock it with her own face. The next thing he knew, she was scrolling through his gallery, holding out a picture of the Newburies recent Christmas do. Kit had seen the picture many times, Azalea with both kids wrapped around either side of her underneath the Christmas tree.

"Don't they look just adorable, they're fantastic kids," Clara continued her gushing, probably not understanding that they should be hurrying this along. Kit would give ehr two more minutes before he interrupted again.

"And how have you been lately, kiddo? We hear you're very important these days, important enough to be on TV at that."

Back to top Go down
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

PostSubject: Re: I Need A Dollar Dollar, A Dollar is What I Need (Kit)   I Need A Dollar Dollar, A Dollar is What I Need (Kit) EmptyTue Aug 07, 2018 6:38 pm

Clara's response to her question did nothing to alleviate Victoria's confusion. Azalea... what? The witch didn't understand this. Perhaps the older inhabitants were having fun in this moment? Toying with her? But, what was funny about pretending your daughter was alive when... she wasn't?

But the second time her family was dropped in to conversation, family that Azalea would never have met, made Victoria look to Kit with confusion, trying to find something to latch on to that would denote that this was supposed to be funny. But nothing came forth, and the lawyer focused back on Clara as a phone was passed to her.

The picture before her showed her niece and nephew -- both bigger than when Victoria had last seen them, Adrienne was growing so quickly! Ivan looked over the moon, as any child would on Christmas Day, and there... in the middle. Azalea Harrington was smiling in between the two children in the picture. But... this couldn't be possible...

There was no denying that the children were Jake's, though.

No denying that that was her niece and nephew.

Before the Christmas tree in Jake's home, the decor was easily recognisable to the witch. It had been almost like a second home for Victoria. Which meant... this wasn't a joke. This meant Azalea Harrington was very much alive.

But, worst of all, this meant Jake had not told her when she'd rung over the holidays. Jake had not as much as mentioned that Azalea was not dead. He had not told her that Azalea was very much alive and well, and... living with him?

Clara was still talking, but Victoria wasn't listening by this point, too focused on the fact her brother hadn't seen it fitting to tell her that Azalea was alive. This news was important -- it was great news. Azalea Harrington was an amazing person, Victoria would have been so happy to have heard from the witch. Would have made Jackson Blake take no for an answer when he'd asked her to stay for Christmas, because Jake would have had guests she wanted to see, that she needed to be there for her brother when this woman had come back in to his life, because Merlin only knew what her brother was feeling with Azalea being back in the world.

"I... umm... I didn't know Azalea was staying with Jake." Victoria admitted softly, belatedly giving Clara the phone back because she had been staring at the picture for much too long now. "H-How long has... when did Azalea come home?" Victoria asked, because that would give her an idea of how long Jake had known. How long Jake had been keeping all of this from her.

Everything else had been forgotten in that moment, because a literal ghost had just been seen, and Victoria didn't know how to deal with all of this.

Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

PostSubject: Re: I Need A Dollar Dollar, A Dollar is What I Need (Kit)   I Need A Dollar Dollar, A Dollar is What I Need (Kit) EmptyThu Aug 09, 2018 1:19 pm

"I... umm... I didn't know Azalea was staying with Jake."

"Oh yes,' Clara supplied at the younger witch's statement "We were just going to have her stay at our own place in Surrey but poor Jake as stretched so thin what with his jobs and the children and the holidays, he asked if he could just take her home. Everyone was worried at first but it turned out to be the best decision. She's better than she has been in months, and at least now your brother doesn't have to come stateside every week like he's been doing since last August."

It was at this time that Kit chose to interject, knowing how Clara's stories could go on forever. Clearing his throat politely, he waited for the two women to look his way before politely posing the question.

"So you didn't pay us a visit to discuss Azalea? She's alright?" Of course, form the little witch's baffled reactions, it was obvious but Kit preferred a verbal confirmation nonetheless. Of course, that would beg the question of why Victoria Newbury was here. Other than Azalea, the two families had absolutely nothing in common, the Newburies had made sure of that by disappearing off the face of the earth in 2013.

So what could have brought one to his doorstep now?

Back to top Go down
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

PostSubject: Re: I Need A Dollar Dollar, A Dollar is What I Need (Kit)   I Need A Dollar Dollar, A Dollar is What I Need (Kit) EmptyThu Aug 09, 2018 2:24 pm

Victoria took in the information that was coming thick and fast from Clara with as much grace as she could muster in that moment. It was difficult, finding your brother had been keeping such things from you for six months. As if this wasn't a really important thing to tell your sister, who had known the woman in question before she had disappeared off the face of the earth, said to be dead.

The youngest Newbury had simply allowed the information to be absorbed, smiling politely at the news Clara had given her.

Victoria managed to catch what Kit was saying in the next moment, surfacing from the internalised questions that were attacking her from the inside. "Umm... as far as we're all aware, yes, Azalea is well." Victoria supplied softly, gathering up her folder and hugging it protectively to her chest. "I've just realised I've forgotten a really important meeting. I'm sorry, I really should be... going."

Standing from the sofa, Victoria gave the two of them a warm smile that never met her eyes. "It was lovely to see you both. Sorry for intruding upon your time." She insisted, moving towards the door in the hope she wasn't about to be stopped.

Assuming neither of the Harringtons did stop her, Victoria would pull out her mobile as soon as she was clear from the house, a thousand apologies for having to run off from the older couple, and a promise to call soon. The mobile would only just have unlocked and opened the phone call page, and Victoria would be hitting number one in her speed dial.

Jake.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Need A Dollar Dollar, A Dollar is What I Need (Kit)   I Need A Dollar Dollar, A Dollar is What I Need (Kit) Empty

Back to top Go down

I Need A Dollar Dollar, A Dollar is What I Need (Kit)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts & Beyond :: Archives :: Archived Threads :: Archives Game Eleven (2024-25)-
Jump to: