Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

Jake Newbury, Josie LeBlanc

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
I'm losing my mind, just a little (Josh) Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
I'm losing my mind, just a little (Josh) Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
I'm losing my mind, just a little (Josh) Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
I'm losing my mind, just a little (Josh) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
I'm losing my mind, just a little (Josh) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

I'm losing my mind, just a little (Josh)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Azalea Murray
Head of Slytherin
Head of Slytherin
Azalea Murray

Birthday : 1993-08-13
Job/hobbies : Deputy Headmistress at Hogwarts

I'm losing my mind, just a little (Josh) Empty
PostSubject: I'm losing my mind, just a little (Josh)   I'm losing my mind, just a little (Josh) EmptySun Sep 09, 2018 10:29 am

Lunch with Josh Murray had been a pleasant experience. Initially unsure if she should accept, Azalea had done so regardless because it would be the first time she would be out on her own - in a way. While not specifically asked to not go out alone, Azalea was nonetheless aware how concerned everyone grew as she tried on her newfound independence and this would be a nice way to ease her as well as parents into understanding that she was truly getting better. it had frowned slightly when she memento she was going to lunch with a neighbor but not commented, believing she was simply going to one of the houses down the street. To be fair, Azalea had not believed much more. Her guess had been one fo the restaurants in and around Surrey because Joshua had yet to purchase a property there.

So she had dressed appropriately, in a decent enough skirt and a passable blouse. Looking at herself in the mirror, the witch had deemed herself presentable. Of course, were ehr eyes green, they would have really made her emerald blouse pop but nothing could b done about her unenhanced, chocolate orbs. Pairing the look with simple green stilettos, Azalea added some earrings and an emerald bracelet as a finishing touch before the bell rang promptly. At least Josh Murray was never late.

Of course he was in a full suit, the brunette noted as she opened the door. Perhaps dressing that way was part of his job? She would have to ask someday. Though they had not had the opportunity to discuss his line of work, she imagined his social status to be okay, similar to Dad's in a way. Except Kit would only put on a suit under great protest. The establishment they ended up patronizing that afternoon was... at first Azalea was sure she was under dressed. She had even whispered as mush to Josh who had raised his hand as if it was not an issue. And he was right, they had been admitted without as much as a blink at her simple apparel.

Conversation had been easy, fun, natural. Josh had many insights on a number of things Azalea found refreshing. Property, art, global politics. Woefully unaware of the world around her, Azalea had hung on to things he'd said. To the man's credit, he had not raised an eyebrow when she admitted to not knowing what the ICWW was up to these days. Americans were famous for being ignorant and right now the young woman was a prime example. But her companion had explained it to her in a way that hadn't made her feel inferior. He had also managed to leave his personal views out of the explanation winch even Azalea knew was a rare quality.

It was as they were finishing dessert that the brunette had expressed an interest in her own education, leading to another fifteen minutes of conversation about the local university. Josh believed it was worth trying to see if she could take some courses to catch up, leading Azalea to seriously consider. Of course, the man only had good intentions. He wasn't aware of the decade long gap in her resume. And now was not the time to tell him.

The next morning, Azalea had woken up to a large crate carried to Furze Croft via half a dozen Eagle Owls. Only a simple unsigned note accompanied the package stating "You wanted to know more, this will further your agenda." Inside were books, journals, encyclopedias, reports and, at the very bottom, a sleek square laptop. The witch was almost certain she was through the package without any surprises when the last box caught ehr sight.

Apparently Josh Murray didn't do things by half. inside the stylish black box was a smartphone, but the witch wasn't grateful for its brand or make (both of which she was completely unaware). No, she was simply glad she finally had her own phone, another symbol of freedom and independence. Now she could make calls without having to ask dad or rely on the landline. The first number she had added to her new device was Victoria Newbury's. She had very few friends in the world to actually call and right now, Victoria ranked at the very top.

It took the rest of the day to learn to use her new gadgets, and then the rest of the night to set up her emails and other channels. Manuals were incredibly helpful and by the time the witch finally took her sleeping potion, it was already seven in the morning. Azalea slept in til noon, for once matching her dad's sleeping pattern and they both lumbered down to the kitchen for breakfast in equal sluggishness - a memory as old as time.

The only thing missing was Clara's disapproving look accompanied by her fond smile.

"Are you and Clara still fighting?" Azalea asked as Kit buttered some toast.

"Her birthday's coming up," Kit replied, not really looking at her but the knife in his hands had changed patterns drastically, now carving buttery swirls on the toast instead.

"You should go up there and wish her," the brunette suggested, putting down her cup of coffee. "Someone has to reach out, I can't do quiet breakfasts all my life, dad."

The photographer chuckled. Clara really was the glue that held everyone together most days, and she was being sorely missed by both parties. "Why don't you come with, we got room?"

"Because if I'm over, you're both going to forget about yourselves and make me the central issue. You guys need to work out whatever it is without me."

"Damn you kids grow up to fast," Kit mumbled, resuming his butter spreading. They didn't speak about it more the whole day but at night, as she knocked on his dark room to bid him goodnight, Kit confirmed that he would be leaving on the 30th for Carmel. The next two days were spent going out and getting presents for Clara, then packing those presents, then packing dad's things because ten years had not made him less useless, as the witch playfully put it. Finally, Azalea had seen her father off and then ha the house all to herself.

For two hours.

This time, she had been much more confident in her tour of the indoors.Having had time to actually explore the inner sanctums of Furze Croft, she felt better showing them off. Most of them were also clean from simple lack of use so the witch felt better about the impression they would leave. They were down in the considerable wine cellars when Josh asked if she'd given university any more thought and hesitatingly, Azalea ad confessed she may not be accepted.

"I mentioned being ill a while back," she began, unsure how much to reveal and how much to keep hidden. So far, Josh had been phenomenal at pretending she was normal, at not raising questions on her gaps in knowledge and at basically making her feel like any other person in the world. And Azalea wasn't sure she wanted to change that.

"My illness lasted a really long time. Like, twelve years long," she explained. "I was out of it for the most part so I didn't... do anything I could put on a resume. And... I'm not sure if the university will by that." All she had as proof of her capability was her deal with some American Pharma companies dating back to the early 2010s and some teaching experience from the very same time period. Whether any of her previous research would still be relevant was a question Azalea was more than a little afraid to ask.

"Medical reasons are always valid," Josh had countered in the calm manner Azalea was now getting rather used to. Nothing ever seemed to phase her new friend. He didn't even ask how she dealt with her illness, or even the nature of the disease. Josh simply took whatever she said and turned it into... a non issue. Almost as if nothing could ever deter him. Perhaps he was an investment banker, they had to have the best poker face for their job right? It would also explain the suits.

Once they were done with the tour, josh had left, never one to overstay his welcome. He had also not spoken about the university more, perhaps realizing that doing so would put pressure on her to consider one way or the other. Yes, "non issue" was about the right word to use when it came to his dealings with things. He never made Azalea feel like she had to choose one way or the other and the university was just one example.

A week later, Azalea was out in her gardens tending to what was definitely the tiny buds of the Mimosa plant growing that she decided she would give the university a try. Josh had been right about the plants, and now, as the April sunlight streamed down on the witch, making her otherwise plain brown locks glow a hundred shades of ebony, she considered that he may be right about the university too. that afternoon, the which hesitantly send her friend a text, asking him if he would come with her to look at the university offerings. Not only did she need a ride but somehow things got done easier when he was around. To his credit, Josh had not said no. A favor for a favor, she supposed, She had shown him her house so now he was showing ehr the university.

They had decided to go on a Tuesday morning in the third week of April, a day before Kit was due to return to England. Josh had mentioned he would pick her up at nine thirty sharp and he was never late so Azalea had made sure to be up by eight. showering, dressing and gathering up all the documents she had compiled the night before took longer than she expected but at nine twenty five, the which was in her hallway, dressed in a smart skirt and a formal blouse. A set of nude heels paired with a simple diamond bracelet and stud earrings set the tone.

The glass showed a more professional individual than her papers did, but at least it was worth a try, the worse thing they could say was no, and Azalea could deal with a no. She'd dealt with many of them - verbal and silent - over the last few months. One more wouldn't hurt.

Back to top Go down
Joshua Murray
Adult
Adult
Joshua Murray

Birthday : 1996-11-25

PostSubject: Re: I'm losing my mind, just a little (Josh)   I'm losing my mind, just a little (Josh) EmptySun Sep 09, 2018 12:20 pm

Lunch with his Azalea had been the most beautiful of settings. When the witch had opened the door, bedecked in the green of Slytherin house, Josh's heart had given a deeper thud than anticipated. Each time he saw the witch now, she was becoming reacquainted with the Azalea he had known before she had grown ill. The reminder of the way she had made his body tingle back at Hogwarts had been a prominent reminder in the moment he'd take his Azalea's hand and placed the softest of kisses upon her knuckles.

Had he been able in that moment, Josh would have told her how beautiful she looked. But, his Azalea did not know the intricacies of their relations. She didn't remember him yet, and to be so forward as a new friend was out of the question. The closest he had come to the compliment had been to reassure the witch that she was not under-dressed for the restaurant they had graced. The staff had not looked twice upon seeing Joshua enter with his Azalea, simply hurrying to cater to all of their needs.

The lunch had focused upon Azalea once more, asking what she had been up to since they'd last seen one another, the progress she had made in her garden. They had explored her other likes, and the desires that she had for the future. They moved to international politics, property, arts, anything that seemed to keep his Azalea entertained. Her interest in the ICWW had been interesting, and Josh had told the whole saga from start to finish without a single inflection on his personal view on the matter. His Azalea could make up her own mind now, and he was intrigued as to which way she would naturally head towards.

But, most interestingly, Azalea wished to pursue her education once more. Josh had been as helpful as he could on this matter, explaining the options his Azalea had, and noting to himself that he would find her all the pieces of information she would need.

That had been proven the next day when the eagel owls had been sent from Murray Manor, encompassing everything his Azalea would need to catch up with her field of study. A laptop -- much as he didn't like Muggle technology -- and a smart phone had been sent along with the research his Azalea would need, so that she could immerse herself back in to the world, and the things that interested her the most.

The patient game of waiting for their next meeting -- Joshua knew he couldn't just keep popping round to Furze Croft without very good reason -- had been when he had asked to come to see the rest of the house. Now that they knew more of one another -- or, at least it looked that way -- it didn't seem so much of an answer to the blond, and his Azalea had readily agreed. Much like the areas downstairs, the rest of the house had the classic yet contemporary feel to it. Not to Josh's taste, but his Azalea liked it, that much was clear from her facial expressions as she showed him round, polite conversation ensuing throughout, as always.

It had been that day that Josh had been told of her illness as if he hadn't known more than her whole family ever could. He had nodded at the right points, chipped in at others to assure the witch that these things wouldn't matter. After all, his Azalea was a Murray, and nothing in the world would ever, ever hold her back. The polite answer he'd given, though, leaving the Murray name away from Azalea's knowledge, had satiated the witch's worries.

Three weeks later, his Azalea had decided on her own that she would like to try university out. Josh had smiled at that, encouraging her gently with the decision so that she knew it was going to be okay. From there, they had returned their talk to the plants, but Josh was over the moon with the progress. His Azalea was coming back in leaps and bounds.

Only a few days later, Josh had arrived at Furze Croft once more ready to take her to the university in England. The image of his Azalea had been one of careful selection, Josh could tell as she opened the door. A professional image, one meant to charm the faculty, as if that could ever be necessary. As always, Josh stepped forth and took her hand, pressing his lips in the most chaste of kisses on her knuckles. Normally he would let go in that moment. Step back from the witch, before they decided to head in the direction of their day's activity.

But not today.

Josh's eyes lingered on his Azalea's in that moment, the smallest hints of a smile upon his features. "You look beautiful, A-Azalea." Josh told her softly, his hand remaining in hers for a moment longer than necessary, before he caught himself. Gently releasing her, Josh straightened up properly, and reigned himself back to the composure befitting his station. Having something you wanted so close, looking so... perfect in every manner of the word... this was torture of another degree, and the man didn't know how much longer he could stand this separation when his Azalea was so close.

Stepping slightly to the side, Josh allowed the witch to see just past him, to the driveway where the car he'd acquired for today sat. "I know you're father has an eye for the more modern, fast cars of the world, but I hoped you'd indulge me in the classics?" The man proposed, waiting to gauge his Azalea's reaction. After all, he was a man of old values, tradition, a brand new sports car would have been out of place.

"And... perhaps after we're finished at the university... You can drive it yourself?" He offered, offering his Azalea his hand so that they could head down to the car, and then off to the university, as they'd agreed.

~ Profile ~
I'm losing my mind, just a little (Josh) Signat10
Signature by the amazing Jess! <3
Back to top Go down
Azalea Murray
Head of Slytherin
Head of Slytherin
Azalea Murray

PostSubject: Re: I'm losing my mind, just a little (Josh)   I'm losing my mind, just a little (Josh) EmptySun Sep 09, 2018 4:51 pm

Expecting the jacketed male to simply stop the car in front and wait for her to get in, Azalea was surprised when he actually walked up to her door to receive her. Though perhaps she should stop being surprised at these things by now. Her earlier assumption that Josh was a gentleman had been proven again and again. Always incredibly polite and unobtrusive, he was at the doorway and brushing his lips to her knuckles which had stopped feeling odd now that he had done it a few times.

It was his compliment however that made the witch twitch nervously. Azalea couldn't pinpoint exactly when but sometimes, a shudder of sheer terror or confusion rocked her body - likely a symptom of her long captivity wherever she had been. Luckily the moments were few and far in between, and Josh never looked closely enough to recognize them or comment upon them.

"Too much?" she asked uncertainty, glancing at the hallway mirror to see both Josh and her staring back. They made... an interesting pair, the brunette noted as she reverted her gaze back to her companion. "I want them to take me seriously, not think I came out of a beauty pageant."

Josh merely kept a firm hold of her hand, reassuring her quietly before letting go. Any more concerns she may have had on her looks were bulldozed over however when she saw the car waiting for them in the driveway. Azalea did not know much about cars but she knew this was a good one.

"Granny Weatherwax, I think I saw one of those in a block and white movie once... Though I can't remember exactly," Azalea admitted as he helped her towards their ride. H was certainly correct in this not being to Kit's personal taste. But her father would have definitely appreciated the vessel for what it was - something Azalea couldn't do from ehr own lack of knowledge."Dad is going to be so jealous," she grinned as he held out the door for her to get in. "I think I used to drive some kind of sports car a while back, but I don't really know much about it. I just drove. It was my first car..."

Remembering that made her wince slightly as the painful memory of her, dad and Jake resurfaced. They were having a late birthday dinner and Jake... He was a different person back then. As was she.

At the offer to drive, her rich brown eyes lit up, sparkling at the notion of once again controlling a vehicles that could go at unthinkable speeds. The old familiar urge to drive to the end of the world that had to be curbed thanks to Canadian snow and a hectic schedule reared its head a little, sniffing the air for opportunity before Azalea quashed it down once more.

"I would love to... But I don't have a permit. I'm... not even supposed to be qualified enough to carry a wand. Like I said, I was just really sick." Besides, she probably didn't even know how to drive anymore. "I don't want to get you in trouble if we get pulled over by a cop."

Having pulled out of the considerable grounds of the house, the car took to the smooth road, its pace both a testament to the condition it was kept in as well as the skill of the driver. "How old is your son?" Azalea asked as they drove, unable to imagine a child riding in this car. "I bet he adores this car. Little boys probably dream of owning something like this and he gets to have it."

For all the time they'd spend together, Josh had spoken little of his family. His wife was never discussed past the brief mention that she was staying with family and his son had only been brought up a few times. It was clear though, even in those brief mentions, how much the blonde cherished his family. She and Dad should do the neighborly thing and invite them to dinner or something.

"Oh, and I have to ask, you don't do anything illegal do you? And if you do, you do it well enough to never be caught right?" The last part was a joke but he must have an illustrious career to be able to be... himself. And it would be a refreshing chance for him to talk about himself for once.

Back to top Go down
Joshua Murray
Adult
Adult
Joshua Murray

PostSubject: Re: I'm losing my mind, just a little (Josh)   I'm losing my mind, just a little (Josh) EmptySun Sep 09, 2018 5:31 pm

"Quite possible, it's a 1963 Roadster." Josh replied to the excitement that had lit up on his Azalea's features upon seeing the car they would be using that day. It did not need to be said how much this car was worth, or the fact that Josh had absolutely no interest in the car at all. It was simply a remarkable piece of work to some people in the world. "You can tell your father all about it later," Josh agreed, closing the door carefully after he was sure his Azalea was tucked neatly in to the car. The explanation that she'd had a car before, when she was younger, was news to Josh, but he tucked it away.

"You'll have to find out what you used to have. Just so I know what to expect of your taste in cars." Josh replied good-naturedly as he climbed in the other side, and carefully started the machine up. The roar of the engine sounded in the driveway and with a glance to his Azalea in the passenger seat -- ensuring that her seat belt was on with the softly spoken question of 'ready?' -- the duo moved off towards the gates of the estate.

His Azalea's insistence that she couldn't drive the vehicle because she didn't have a licence made Josh smile to himself, glancing across at her. "You don't need a licence. We'll go somewhere quiet, or..." It took a moment, and Josh realised the answer that would appease his Azalea more. "We'll head to the local runway. You don't need a permit to drive on there. They won't be flying all day, so we'll have a chance." He told the witch, hoping this would appease her. After all, she'd said she would love to, and Joshua Murray was not about to deny his Azalea anything she would want.

As they had almost left the Harrington estate, his Azalea asked the question of which Josh had been avoiding most. Talking of their son was not something his Azalea was quite ready for, and Josh had to take it very, very careful when moving around the subject. "Ethan is seven and a half months old. Well, almost..." The man explained, having to catch himself before he denoted his son's age in days, not months like normal people would have. "He doesn't really understand the concept of cars at the moment, but I'm sure that once he's walking and talking his interest might pique. Though, I hope he'll find interests in other fields first."

"Illegal?" Josh asked, glancing across at the witch for a moment before his eyes returned to the road. A smirk played upon the blond's lips at the thought. "Of course not, though if I was doing anything illegal, that would be the answer I would also give." He added, almost teasing, but not quite afflicting the humour as most people would. "No, my family are in the Potions business in England. Have been for many, many years." Josh offered as explanation, deciding against telling his Azalea exactly who he was in that moment, because he didn't wish to overwhelm her, or frighten her away.

"After my father passed away, I inherited the business, and here we are." The blond explained. It was a closed off account, of course. The reason for his father's demise was not one he believed he could ever tell his Azalea, but most certainly not right now.

"That's enough about me, anyway, did you ready some questions for today's meeting? Anything you want to go over before we get to the university?" Josh asked, as always pushing the conversation back to the witch beside him. Just listening to her talk was melodic to the ears, knowing each word had been chosen by her, each thought formed with her own ideas... It kept reminding him that it wouldn't be too much longer now, and his Azalea would be back where she belonged.

With him.

~ Profile ~
Back to top Go down
Azalea Murray
Head of Slytherin
Head of Slytherin
Azalea Murray

PostSubject: Re: I'm losing my mind, just a little (Josh)   I'm losing my mind, just a little (Josh) EmptySun Sep 09, 2018 5:57 pm

When Josh supplied that a runway would suffice, it took Azalea a moment to really grasp the meaning. Runways were stages to the witch, but of course he wasn't taking her to a modelling show.

No, this runway had hangers, and planes... Did Josh have a plane too? The witch didn't want to ask in case it turned out to be incredibly rude but she had been right in her earlier guess. He was pretty much on her and ad's level when it came to that kind of stuff.

Except Kit would rather own boats than planes. Personal preference she supposed. "Umm, my car was red," she offered, not recalling much more. "It was also a two seater, I mostly took it grocery shopping and to the hospital..." Why had she taken her car to the hospital? Was she ill? What hospital in Canada had she frequented?

The blonde spoke of his baby and Azalea's heart gave a painful beat at the boy's age. He was a baby, just like the one she had lost over half a year ago. This baby had a family though, one that would always be with him. And she was at least glad of that. "Well you must bring him over en day. Maybe we can get him interested in some flowers or puzzles?"

The drive was so smooth, Azalea barely noticed how fast they were going. Perhaps it was the easy conversation or the comfortable ride but time seemed to fly. When he asked if Azalea had any questions prepared, the brunette nodded, going over a list in her head before uttering them out loud.

Most of the questions deal with her absence from the field, and the answers she'd prepared were carefully worded to reflect no negative point on her personally. her experience as a tutor and then teacher at different schools was reference multiple times even if she had little to no memory of it and her expectations were low. Azalea merely hoped for a part time course that boost her into qualifying for an undergrad program in something.

"It's not like I have my choice of courses," she laughed as they pulled into the university's parking lot. The drive had been flawless and they had reached their destination in record time. Josh's car didn't seem to need portals like they did in the US. Azalea had enticed because she had seen other wizarding cars queuing up and they had simply bypassed everything. She wondered what kind of car plan he was on to be able to do that. "I'll just see whatever they think I'm qualified to join and take it from there."

Therefore, her first surprise came when two men and two women in business suits were awaiting their arrival right in the parking lot. Azalea knew Josh had made an appointment but she had not expected the welcoming committee. They were just supposed to go in and look at some brochures. instead the duo was ushered into the main lobby and then taken straight to one of the WIP rooms where champagne awaited them both in a chilled bucket.

They were both invited to sit and look at the glass frosted table covered in brochures until the president of the university could come in and speak to them in person. When the welcoming committee left, Azalea looked at Josh uncertainty. "They sure are friendly here...? Do you think all prospective students get the gold star treatment?"  

Back to top Go down
Joshua Murray
Adult
Adult
Joshua Murray

PostSubject: Re: I'm losing my mind, just a little (Josh)   I'm losing my mind, just a little (Josh) EmptySun Sep 09, 2018 6:33 pm

"Red and two seater, okay." Josh replied, the corners of his lips almost touching a smile. It was a brief recollection, but a recollection no less, and Josh was happy to have this information to hand. Obviously, it didn't narrow what car she had had done very much, but it was something. Perhaps next time he would bring a red car on his visit, just to try to entice the memory back further. Not that Josh believed he'd have the car his Azalea had had, but it might work.

The suggestion that Josh bring Ethan over to see his Azalea was one that he longed to take the witch up on, but what would happen if she recognised her son. What would she do? Josh's head moved in a small nod, though, because it didn't matter what his Azalea asked for, he couldn't deny her anything in this world.

"One day, I'll bring him over." Josh agreed, not settling a date because he couldn't bear the idea of disappointing her, or getting her hopes up. But, one day, his Azalea would be reunited with their son, and she would be the happiest witch in the world, Josh had no doubt about that.

The rest of their drive had been consumed with the questions and answers his Azalea had prepared for the university. They were all good questions, and the answers in the holes of his Azalea's absence from the world were written in exemplary fashion. They talked through all of it, and Josh could only hope it helped the witch beside him to grow with more confidence knowing she was not asking questions that were unnecessary, or not giving clear enough answers.

"I think you might be surprised as to what is on offer." Josh reassured the witch once more, but he didn't press it. His Azalea couldn't know how much more she had on offer when she arrived at the university by his side. As they were greeted with VIP treatment, Josh didn't bat an eyelid, motioning for his Azalea to follow on after their guides until they were left at a table with all the course brochures that were on offer here.

"They sure are friendly here...? Do you think all prospective students get the gold star treatment?"

"Well, they're meeting with a Harrington." Josh pointed out, refraining from denoting the woman before him as a Murray instead. It was hard, but it was a necessity. "So you're not just any prospective student." He supplied, though, that wasn't the complete reason of it all. "Anyway, it's always fun to get the gold star treatment, right? Today's a big day for you, A-Azalea, enjoy it!"

~ Profile ~
Back to top Go down
Azalea Murray
Head of Slytherin
Head of Slytherin
Azalea Murray

PostSubject: Re: I'm losing my mind, just a little (Josh)   I'm losing my mind, just a little (Josh) EmptySat Sep 15, 2018 7:33 pm

Josh's explanation made sense. the university had probably done ehr research into ad and figured out how influential he was. No wonder she and ehr friend were being rated to champagne and their choice of browsing material. Though, the fact that the blonde knew meant he had somehow looked up Kit Harrington too...

Or perhaps he was familiar with the American's work prior to meeting Azalea? Josh did have a great deal of knowledge in art and culture, and nearly anyone serious about art knew of Kit Harrington. Maybe she would ask him later, the witch thought as her gaze appraised the table of leaflets. Clearly no one had tried to limit her expectations by only putting out fliers for courses she was qualified for, Azalea realized as she reached for a dark pamphlet advertising a postgraduate in Potions.

"Am.. I really qualified to do a postgraduate?" the witch asked hesitantly as she opened the leaflet to view the requirements. "I haven't even done my bachelors, I'll never be able to catch up."

"Quite the contrary," a smooth voice contradicted her thoughts as the door behind them swooshed open, revealing a man in a professional suit. "James Weatherby, President of the University at your service." The man nodded respectfully towards Josh and then herself, not making a move to shake her hand but taking his place opposite the duo. "And I must say I'm immeasurably glad to see Mr. Murray return. He's is without a doubt our most illustrious alumni."

Josh had attended the same university? So it wasn't just her father's name that was helping her along. A little of it was because of her new friend too. And he hand't mentioned it once. Josh had a remarkable way of taking attention off himself and solely supporting her that way. He wouldn't have even mentioned he attended this university had the President not brought it up.

"My resume doesn't not boast all the requirements needed for a master's course, I'm afraid, Azalea admitted, handing her file over to the elderly gentleman and waiting for his judgmental reassurances. "I have an associates degree by dissertation alone and I taught a few courses at the Unseen University in America but that's about it." The brunette left out her decade long gap from the field, he would see it in the CV anyway.

"An associates degree by dissertation is still a degree," the man assured her kindly, putting down her file. "What we can do is enroll you in our summer workshops to catch up with what you've missed an then start you off in the post graduate program of your choice starting September. The first month is usually orientations and workshops anyway so you'll have an additional four weeks of catching up before you can sink your teeth into the good stuff."

Azalea could barely believe what was being said. Not only was she being told that she was indeed qualified to be here but sh could start with a post graduate if she put in the effort. And she would put in the effort because that... advanced her plans by a few years.

The next hour was spent discussing mixed modes of study and even an option to mix Muggle and Magical courses in light of the upcoming unification from the ICWW. Very soon, Muggle knowledge among wizards would become highly valuable and the university wanted to spearhead the movement by providing graduates who were well versed in both worlds. In the end, it almost began to feel like a visit to the tailor where the dress was being made specifically for her needs as opposed to her scraping the bottom of the barrel to see what she could find.

It felt wonderful. A complete stranger thought she was qualified to do anything she wanted, validation she had only received from Josh up until now.

Once they were done, the three rose to their feet, Azalea thanking the President profusely for all his help while Josh stated they would be in touch with their decision. It was only after the elder man had left the room that Azalea jumped in the air, a fist pumped at her victory. Without thinking, the witch flung herself towards her companion into a brief but resounding hug.

"I did it!" she exclaimed, letting go and grinning up at the blond. "I can't believe I did it!"

Back to top Go down
Joshua Murray
Adult
Adult
Joshua Murray

PostSubject: Re: I'm losing my mind, just a little (Josh)   I'm losing my mind, just a little (Josh) EmptyMon Sep 17, 2018 4:25 pm

The compliments of the man who had interrupted the small, much too brief, and yet intimate moment between his Azalea and himself was not one that Josh's features welcomed. Not, of course, that the Slytherin alumni was ever outwardly affected by compliments. Well, not unless the compliments were from the witch beside him, but that was another matter entirely.

Josh's eyes instead moved to his most precious flower as she entered conversation with the elderly gentleman, watching the way her features lit up when the man before them told her she was not going to be hampered in any way for being off the radar for ten years. Of course, that much weighed on the names in the room, anyone else asking for such concessions would likely have been laughed from the room, but his Azalea had the world open to her.

For the next hour Josh grew all but silent in the room, only speaking up when directly spoken to, or when he could feel something had not quite been elaborated on enough. Never in a manner that suggested his Azalea had not asked enough, or not thought of it, the wording of each of Josh's questions came from his own 'uncertainty'. Uncertainty that didn't exist, of course, but that allowed an insight his Azalea would not have gained without such a question being asked.

By the time they were finished, Josh was sure that his Azalea had everything she would need. That from September she would have her place at the university, studying exactly what she wanted. He could only hope the witch was as pleased as he was with the situation.

When finally the President of the university had left, Josh had turned to Azalea to ask if she had everything she needed when her small frame hurried in to him, enveloping him in a hug he had not been expecting in the slightest. For a moment the man's mind took a moment to catch up -- but his body had not missed a beat as it held her with just enough firmness to his side to show his own happiness to the witch.

His Azalea was in his arms.

Of her own accord.

So close he need only dip his head-

"I can't believe I did it!"

"I can," Joshua replied with the smile that was reserved only for his Azalea. "You're going to university, A-Azalea!" He added, clarifying the whole point of this trip in its simplest form.

"Let's go celebrate!" The blond insisted, motioning for the door. "Wherever you want to go, whatever you want to do. My treat."

Because his Azalea deserved it.

And the more time they spent together...

Josh's plan was falling neatly in to place.

~ Profile ~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm losing my mind, just a little (Josh)   I'm losing my mind, just a little (Josh) Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm losing my mind, just a little (Josh)
Page 1 of 1