Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Night with old friends ( One shot)
With a Full Moon tonight... {OPEN} Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» Election Night (Tessa)
With a Full Moon tonight... {OPEN} Emptyby Tessa Greene Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:38 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
With a Full Moon tonight... {OPEN} Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
With a Full Moon tonight... {OPEN} Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

» Alexander Quinn
With a Full Moon tonight... {OPEN} Emptyby Alexander Quinn Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:50 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

With a Full Moon tonight... {OPEN}

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

With a Full Moon tonight... {OPEN} Empty
PostSubject: With a Full Moon tonight... {OPEN}   With a Full Moon tonight... {OPEN} EmptyTue Jan 07, 2020 11:00 pm

With all the hubbub of the American citizens being called back to the US, Apollonia had no want of staying in a common room filled to the brim with children questioning Mimosa on what was going on. No-one at Hogwarts had any actual idea as most political news just flew over all their heads and those that did knew kept mum about it. It was the reason why the young Slytherin was currently climbing the countless stairs up to the Astronomy tower, clad in her afternoon outfit, instead of heading for the Slytherin common room to get changed.

Letting a sigh of relief as she pushed the door open, her heels sounded fairly loud in the quietness of the night, eyes falling upon the star-filled sky that brought a smile to her face. Rarely, if ever, did she come up here to think, usually she would take a seat by the Black Lake, with her back against the bark of a tree and she would just sit there and think. Being up in the Astronomy tower though bought her a sense of freedom that she rarely got to experience.

Swinging one foot over the handrail and then the other, Apollonia easily sat on the bar, fingers curled tightly around the cold metal to keep sure that she wouldn't slip by accident and break her neck as she watched the slowly darkening sky and the brightly illuminating full moon that made it seem as if it was still daylight.
Back to top Go down
Dia Greene
Gryffindor Prefect
Gryffindor Prefect
Dia Greene

Birthday : 2012-08-06

PostSubject: Re: With a Full Moon tonight... {OPEN}   With a Full Moon tonight... {OPEN} EmptyMon Jan 13, 2020 12:44 am

With everything that was happening in American. Her mom was begging that she comes home and goes to Salem. It was something that both of her parents wanted since she was born. Since I was the school that both her parents, her uncle Jackson and Victoria graduated from. But she told her mom that she was happy at Hogwarts. And she wasn’t sure that she was worrying over nothing. As she knew that nobody would let anything bad happen to her. Plus Dominique wasn’t ready to leave her friends behind. As she knew that there was only three more years left. Then she knew that they could go there different ways but always stay in connect.

Dominique had promised Mimosa that they would hang out later. As she knew that she was a busy person. Dominique knew that her best friend was popular. So she knew that she would have to find time when there wasn’t a ton of people following her. And she really couldn’t blame anyone because Mimosa was awesome. So she was going to take this time to go up to the astronomy tower. As she was hoping that she could do some stargazing. This was because it was something that she loved to do. And she knew that first years only took astronomy. So looking at the stars then she thought she might call it a night. Man after climbing all the stairs she was glad that she didn’t have to take the class anymore. Because she hated doing the climb when she had to. And now she was coming up here for fun.

When she reached the top she let out a relief. That is when Dominique seen that she wasn’t alone. She was trying to think where she had seen this person before. It would come to her she hoped or she would be told. Dominique knew that she could do some small talk. Just so that it wouldn’t be too awkward. “ Nice night.” She was mental slapping herself because she knew that sounded silly. So she was just going to wait till she got an answer.

With a Full Moon tonight... {OPEN} PAGF2e
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: With a Full Moon tonight... {OPEN}   With a Full Moon tonight... {OPEN} EmptyMon Jan 13, 2020 10:14 am

She hadn't thought much of how other people were feeling about the US and all the American students leaving Hogwarts to head back home. She had heard students whispering about how they were terrified of what was going to happen. They were all just looking over their shoulders watching for shadows that weren't really there.

She swung her legs, watching the stars above. She worried about what was going to happen now that America was taking a stand but she wasn't sure she wished to know. She only had a year of schooling left and she didn't want to worry about whether the USA would be going to war with the other countries or not.

She had been immersed in her thoughts but the footsteps that resounded on the stone steps coming towards the Astronmy tower had pulled her out of it so by the time the person had came in, Apollonia was already facing the entrance.

"It is." She agreed with the girls assessment, turning back to once more look at the stars. She knew the other girl from somewhere but she couldn't put a name to the face.
Back to top Go down
Dia Greene
Gryffindor Prefect
Gryffindor Prefect
Dia Greene

PostSubject: Re: With a Full Moon tonight... {OPEN}   With a Full Moon tonight... {OPEN} EmptyTue Jan 14, 2020 5:52 pm

Dominique knew that she wasn’t the only American student. And she knew that there were others that was thinking about leaving. She would tell her mother that she was just worrying. And trying to tell her that everything would be fine. That was what she was hoping that would happen. In reality she had no what was going to happen. Or even how bad it was. All she knew that she could do was hope for the best. And prayed that nothing bad would happen. Dominique only had three years left then she would be back living in the United States.

She was praying that there wouldn’t be any wars started. Because she knew that her mother would make her come home. Now she was going outside for some fresh air. That was why she decided to go to the astronomy tower. For the fresh air but also for the star gazing. Hopefully she could see a shooting star. Because she had a pretty good idea what sh was going to wish for.

Since she seen that she wasn’t alone, she was going to make the most of it. It was a beautiful night and wanted to make the most out of it. “ Yeah it makes me forget all the things that are happening back home.” Dominique was sure where she had seen this girl. But she had no idea what her name was. And she knew that she was racking her brain out. And she could tell by the girl face she was having the same problem as she was. She knew that she could be the one that stopped all of this. And just introduce herself. “I am Dominique Greene you may have seen me hang out with Mimosa.”

She then was waiting for find out what this girl name was. And how and why she looked so familiar.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: With a Full Moon tonight... {OPEN}   With a Full Moon tonight... {OPEN} EmptyTue Jan 14, 2020 10:01 pm

No wonder Apollonia recognized the female but couldn't put her finger on the name. This was one of Mimosa's friends that she always saw around the Slytherin and seeing as she had not interacted with the cute Slytherin, Apollonia didn't know much about her friendship circle - all she knew came from rumours and just generally spectating the ever-evolving life around Mimosa.

The red-haired female gifted Dominique with a smile. "Apollonia. Apollonia Leandros." She replied in kind, swinging a leg over so that she was straddling the bar instead of having to strain her neck to look at the Gryffindor who had been pulled into Mimosa's sphere of friends. "You might've seen me hanging around sometimes but probably recognize me from the Winter Mermaid/Princess Fashion show." That had pretty much been the only thing that people remembered her from. "If you had seen it that is."

"Mmm, it does make one forget all the things that are happening." Apart from the fact that she was totally avoiding the common room, Apollonia had also come up there to forget the fact that the world was turning on its head right now. She didn't know what to say to Dominque when the other said that so she only gave the other girl a sympathetic smile.
Back to top Go down
Dia Greene
Gryffindor Prefect
Gryffindor Prefect
Dia Greene

PostSubject: Re: With a Full Moon tonight... {OPEN}   With a Full Moon tonight... {OPEN} EmptyTue Jan 14, 2020 10:55 pm

It was like a light bulb went off in Dominique head. Now she knew where she had seen her. And now she had a name to go with the face. “ I have seen you hanging around.” That is what happens when you are Mimosa best friend. But she then meant a fashion show which is something Dominique would go to. “ Oh I do remember seeing you in it.” Fashion was one of her hobbies. Because it would go hand in hand with shopping. Dominique then brought up about what was happening back home. Which might have been a mistake. Because most people just wanted to forget about it.

“ I know I told my mom that she was worrying for nothing.” Maybe it might be best for her to change the subject. “ It doesn’t help that my mom owns Fox Network.” She then started to think about what they could talk about. Dominique really just stand in her friend group. And she really wasn’t one to go and talk to others. As she was finding out when people where knowing that she was the heiress of Fox. She found out that their were some fake people. So that was why she would stick with Mimosa and Mercy. But she thought that it didn’t hurt to talk to new people. She would just have to be a better judge.

Dominique was looking up at the stars and then back to Apollonia. “ So what would you like to talk about?” She knew that the girl was trying to escape from hearing all the bad thing that was happening in America. Since she really didn’t know her she didn’t know what to talk about. And she didn’t want to offend her. Because that would be very bad.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: With a Full Moon tonight... {OPEN}   With a Full Moon tonight... {OPEN} EmptyWed Jan 15, 2020 10:08 am

"That was the only time I wore such a fancy dress, I'm certainly not doing it again." Which was probably a lie because if her grandmother ever found out about such things happening again at Hogwarts, Apollonia would end up with a few post owls bringing about boxes of dresses from the woman.

"Sometimes parents worry because it's their job to worry," Apollonia told the other witch, not that she knew anything about it as her parents certainly didn't worry about her. Mainly it was her older siblings who fretted and worried whether she was okay. It does make one wonder why the couple even had her, not that she wasn't grateful towards her mother for birthing her but she could've at least stayed in Apollonia's life for a bit before deciding work was what they wanted to settle on. "With how bad it's going on over the pond, I am not surprised that your mom worries, she just wants her daughter safe." She didn't even bat an eyelid when Dominique mentioned that her mom owned the Fox Network, it didn't really make a difference to the other woman.

Apollonia sent Dominque an amused smile as she went back to stargazing, sharp eyes catching the tiniest of flickers in the sky. "Eyes up Dominique, we're in for a show." The Slytherin told the other girl, an awed look on her face as the night sky went from single stars just blinking in the sky to a star shower, with thousands of stars falling per second.

It was mesmerizing how all those single stars could light up the night sky in such a beautiful way - Apollonia was quite thankful for being at Hogwarts in that moment as it meant that there was no light pollution from the artificial lights hiding away the beauty that was falling stars.
Back to top Go down
Dia Greene
Gryffindor Prefect
Gryffindor Prefect
Dia Greene

PostSubject: Re: With a Full Moon tonight... {OPEN}   With a Full Moon tonight... {OPEN} EmptyWed Jan 15, 2020 3:46 pm

Dominique was listening as Apollonia was talking. “ I love wearing fancy dress and the whole process.” That was because she was a girly girl. Which there was nothing wrong with it. Just like there was nothing wrong with Apollonia not wanting to wear a fancy dress again. Dominique knew that everybody had there own thing. Because she knew that nobody was the same. And she knew that it would be boring they where. She then was listening as she was being told that it was a parent job to worry.

“ Yeah I can see why she would be worried about me. Since I am her only child and my dad is in prison.” She knew that she should be writing her dad. But she knew that it was hard after everything that he did to her and her mom. Dominique wasn’t sure if she could forgive him or not. That was something that she would have to see what happens. Maybe one day she could but that wasn’t going to be tonight. She was just going to enjoy some star gazing. Apollonia had made it clear she knew that her mom worried because she loved her.

Dominique smiled when Apollonia said to look up. Because now they were going to be in for a show. This was why she was glad that she had come up here. As her eyes were focused on the night sky. “ Wow.” This was something that she couldn’t see when she would be back home. It wouldn’t be as clear. She was going to remember this moment as it was so beautiful. Even though she had just meet Apollonia she considered her a nice person. And it didn’t bother her that Dominique was an heiress. So she could see herself coming and hanging out with her.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: With a Full Moon tonight... {OPEN}   With a Full Moon tonight... {OPEN} EmptySat Jan 18, 2020 10:14 pm

Apollonia listened to Dominque even though her attention was solely focused on the star-shower right above them. It was amazing how this part of Scotland, where Hogwarts was, had a clear night showing the star-shower when she knew, perfectly well, that any other part of the country would not have such a clear picture. "And I'm sure you look great in them." She hummed, swinging her legs back and forth in the process.

Her interest was piqued when the Gryffindor mentioned that her dad was in prison but Apollonia bit her cheek to hold back from asking the question as to why the man had been locked away - such things, she knew, were best not known unless someone wanted to tell you that. "She just wants her only child back with her so she knows that you are safe," The Slytherin witch smiled lightly - she had wished once when she was younger, for her parents to worry about her and ask about her but as she grew up those whimsical wishes turned into quite a disdain for her parents who were rarely around.

She agreed silently to Dominque's 'wow' as her eyes tracked each and every falling star in the sky, childishly wishing on each one that the conflict with the US would pass. She knew it wouldn't but for once, she could pretend that each falling star would grant her wish.
Back to top Go down
Dia Greene
Gryffindor Prefect
Gryffindor Prefect
Dia Greene

PostSubject: Re: With a Full Moon tonight... {OPEN}   With a Full Moon tonight... {OPEN} EmptyMon Jan 20, 2020 7:49 pm

Dominique was comfortable talking with Apollonia. She was amazing at the star shower that they both were watching. The sky was so much clear here than it was back home. And it was because of all the lights. But she did get to start gaze with a telescope that her mother brought her. They where talking about the fashion show. Dominique didn’t think much of when Apollonia said that she looks great in them. “ Thank you as I do love dressing up.” She was going to ask Apollonia a question. “ I won’t be home till August but maybe you could come visit me. We can go shopping and you could come to my birthday party.” Dominique knew that this was a weird question to ask someone you just meet. “ You don’t have to answer now but just think about it.”

She then was talking about her dad being in prison. It was long story and knew that this wasn’t the best time to explain. Because she really wasn’t sure of what happened. Even though she was old enough. But she smiled when Apollonia said that her mother just wanted her only child home. “ Yeah I know that my mom just cares about me.” She knew it wouldn’t be long till she was back in the states. But she was going to her uncle house for the summer.

Dominique had an amaze look on her face. As she was watching all the beautiful falling stars. She knew wishing on all the stars was going to change anything. But she did wish that her mom would stay happy. As she knew that Jackson did make her happy. She wished that she would be able to stay at Hogwarts. As she only had three more years than she would worry where she wanted to stay.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: With a Full Moon tonight... {OPEN}   With a Full Moon tonight... {OPEN} Empty

Back to top Go down

With a Full Moon tonight... {OPEN}
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts & Beyond :: Archives :: Archived Threads :: Archives Game Thirteen (2026-27)-
Jump to: