Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
22 May 2028 Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
22 May 2028 Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
22 May 2028 Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
22 May 2028 Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
22 May 2028 Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

22 May 2028

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

Birthday : 1992-08-13
Job/hobbies : Auror & DADA Professor

22 May 2028 Empty
PostSubject: 22 May 2028   22 May 2028 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2021 11:14 am

"Bonjour, vous êtes au bureau du château de Versailles. Comment puis-je vous aider aujourd'hui?"

A pause.

"Bonjour?"

"Hello..."

"Ah, anglais. Good morning, you're through to the offices of the Palace of Versailles. How can I help you today?"

The Auror sighed softly in to the phone in relief, the French had thrown him off momentarily as he tried to work out a single word in the language he'd never learned to try to convey what he needed to say. A worry that had been alleviated when the Frenchman on the other side of the conversation had changed to speak English for him.

"Yeah, hi, I need to get in contact with Jacques Clement. Would you be able to point me in the right direction, please?"

"Of course, monsieur. Anyone wishing to write to the main family should address their letters to the Palace's office address which is-"

"No, no, sorry, this is much more urgent. I need to talk to Jacques Clement now. Would you be able to put me through to his telephone, or give me his mobile number so that I can speak with him. The matter is really urgent." Jake corrected the man on the other side of the phone.

"I'm afraid that that is not possible, monsieur. The family do not take telephone calls from the public, and their personal telephone numbers are not provided via this service."
That earned a frustrated sigh from the Auror.

"I don't think you understand, this is vitally important. I must speak with Jacques Clement today."

"I appreciate that, monsieur, but your request is not one I can fulfil. If you would like to write to Monsieur Clement, the letter will be passed to him accordingly. Would you like me to provide you with the address to which you can write?"

"No, I need you to understand that I must speak with him immediately."

"That is not possible, monsieur."

"Can I speak to someone more senior to yourself, this really is important."

"Communications with the family are my role, monsieur, I cannot pass you to a higher authority at this time."

"Can you take a message for me, and hand it directly to Jacques? It really is urgent, I cannot stress that enough, and you're getting in the way of very important business that Jacques must know. Please, I can't have time wasted."

Scuffling in the background could be heard as the Frenchman pulled a notepad towards him -- or what Jake assumed to be a notepad.

"Okay, monsieur, please tell me the message I should give Monsieur Clement."

"It'll be given to him today?"

"Oui, Monsieur, with Monsieur Clement's lunch, I will arrange it."

"Okay, thank you. Tell Jacques that it's about Azalea. She's in trouble and he is the only one I know who would be able to rectify this situation. Please stress that this is not a matter to take lightly, I think she is being held against her will. Make sure you tell him it's Azalea. Azalea Harrington. And, give him my number." Jake insisted, listing off the number quickly to ensure it wasn't forgotten. "Tell him to call me as soon as he gets the message, we can't delay."

"Oui, Monsieur. Was there anything else."

"No, I don't think so. You'll give Jacques the message?"

"Oui, Monsieur, I will give Monsieur Clement your message with haste."

"Great, umm.. thank you. Bye."

The duo had hung up in pretty much the same moment, Jake feeling much more at ease now that Jacques would be told of the situation, he had been alerted. And... well, Jake didn't know what they were going to do next, but at least he would have the Clement heir on his side. As much as he didn't want to admit he needed the younger man's help (again), there was no option left.

Just over 300 miles away, Versailles

The officer of the Palace laughed to himself softly as he hung up from the phone.

"Ils essaieront n'importe quoi pour obtenir le numéro de téléphone de Monsieur Clement." The man mused to his colleague. "It's about Azalea, she's in trouble!" The mockery began, as he leaned back in his chair. The woman beside him laughed softly to himself.

"Est-ce qu'ils apprendront un jour?" She replied, the amusement clear in her eyes.

How many times had they had calls like that, of people trying to obtain information about the family's personal life by pretending that they had a problem, or knew one of the family member's personally? It most certainly hadn't been the first time that had happened, and would definitely not be the last.

The piece of paper was crumpled by the office worker in to a small ball, and from his desk, he threw it over to the waste basket, perfectly completing the act with a soft thud as the paper hit the bottom of the basket.

~ Auror ~ Profile ~ DADA Professor ~
~ In a Relationship ~ 36 ~ Father ~ 6' ~ American Accent ~
22 May 2028 Rsz_1j10
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsandbeyond.forumotion.co.uk
The Administrator

The Administrator

22 May 2028 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 22 May 2028   22 May 2028 EmptySun May 16, 2021 2:21 pm

22 May 2028 Rsz_on10
Back to top Go down

22 May 2028