Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
The Main Hall & Ballroom - Page 2 Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
The Main Hall & Ballroom - Page 2 Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
The Main Hall & Ballroom - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
The Main Hall & Ballroom - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
The Main Hall & Ballroom - Page 2 Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

The Main Hall & Ballroom

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

The Main Hall & Ballroom - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Main Hall & Ballroom   The Main Hall & Ballroom - Page 2 EmptySun May 17, 2015 2:28 pm

Finley had just about managed to spot a table that was in a good place. It wasn't too close to the dance floor, nor was it too close to the food. It wasn't in the middle so they wouldn't be surrounded, and it wasn't too close to the door to get a bit chilly when the doors opened and closed with people entering and leaving the ball.

Ready to tell Naomi this, Finley turned to his best friend, opened his mouth to explain, before he was cut off by a very familiar voice. A voice that filled Finley with a mixture of comfort and unease. It didn't make sense to the Ravenclaw, but whenever Madison Bishop was around, he didn't know how he felt, about anything. So far, he'd managed to keep away from the witch - whether that was a blessing in disguise, Finley couldn't be sure.

He wasn't sure how she'd realised it was him, either, but Finley decided not to ask too many questions. "H-hello Madison." Finley replied to the witch with a small smile, wondering for a moment just how he was supposed to reply to the second part. "Umm..." He managed looking back to his best friend and then back to Madison. "N-Naomi asked m-me to the b-ball." He explained, not for one moment thinking about the many possibilities that this could form in anyone else's head.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Main Hall & Ballroom   The Main Hall & Ballroom - Page 2 EmptySun May 17, 2015 2:42 pm

As Finley jumped, Maddie hid a smirk. He was always so easy to read, so easy to play with. It was so easy to spot him, too, what with her radar being honed into him - she would recognize him if he was a metamorphmagus and changed his entire appearance. It was his personality and his posture that she had memorized, and it was as though there was a spotlight above his head every time she saw him.

Raising her eyebrow at his statement, she asked, "Did she now?" She was quite certain Finley was not dating anyone, lest of all that.. witch. Only, Maddie didn't exactly use that word, but all she did was smile politely. "So are you two dating, then?" she asked casually, watching Finley closely for his reaction to this.

Finley had been good game so far and things were going good. She would, in fact, go so far as to say he considered her a friend. He did, after all, help her with work she already-knew-but-pretended-not-to and while he did still seem a little apprehensive about her at times, she ignored that.

Things like this took time, she understood, and Maddie was willing to wait years for the perfect opportunity. Once she set out to do something, in rain or storm, she got it done.

Tilting her head to the side a little, she gave her wings a few gentle flaps, but didn't concentrate on actually flying - that was not her aim. "Gosh, I'm getting rather thirsty," she said, wrinkling her nose a little, hinting. "Do you know where the drinks are, Finley?"

Of course, though, she wasn't actually thirsty. She was just very, very good at manipulation.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Main Hall & Ballroom   The Main Hall & Ballroom - Page 2 EmptySun May 17, 2015 7:08 pm

Finley nodded his confirmation at the question of Naomi inviting him to the Ball, that much was true. Well, in fairness Professor Jameson had asked him to the ball, but he was sure Madison would understand what he was trying to say. Idly, Finley tried to slip his hands in to pockets, feeling a little safer when he did so, but he remembered a moment later he didn't have pockets.

He settled for his hands behind his back, trying not to look too worried about this situation.

However, any ease Finley had made for himself dissipated almost a moment later. His eyes grew bigger at the question of Naomi and him dating, his cheeks going a very soft pink that was growing steadily. "W-we're... I... W-we..." Finley stutter over every word, trying to think of what to say to the... accusation? No, it wasn't an accusation... it was a suggestion? "W-we're not d-dating." Finley told Madison, his cheeks now burning red as he looked away from both girls.

He'd never thought of Naomi in that manner, and he probably never would. Not because she wasn't pretty, oh no, but because Naomi was his best friend and he didn't want her to be anything more or less than that. "W-we just c-came as f-friends." Finley managed in nothing more than a whisper above the music. "N-Naomi is t-too p-pretty... I... N-no." He insisted, finally coming to a finish.

Wow, what a mess, Allen.

The moment Madison changed the subject, Finley anchored on that, trying to ignore the warmth in his cheeks. "D-Drinks." Finley nodded, excusing himself from the two girls and hurrying towards the punch bowl without another word, because he was more than happy to get away for a moment in the hope that he would calm down.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Main Hall & Ballroom   The Main Hall & Ballroom - Page 2 EmptySun May 17, 2015 10:16 pm

She blushed when the boy gave her a compliment. He was right, tonight she wasn't Emilia Delacroix, tonight, no one knew who she was, but deep down, she was Princess Emilia of Lyons. She offered a smile and even a laugh at his laugh phrase. He was a dramatic one, she could tell but it was good drama, not bad and she liked that. She had to admit, his costume, as well as the other girl's costume, was pretty amazing looking. At the time, she hadn't thought to tie her dress into any sort of costume, but the more she thought about it, the more she wished she would have.

When the young girl, Hailey, entered after her in the green dress, she felt sort of relieved as it seemed she just went with the whole masquerade thing as well as opposed to tying it in with a costume. She smiled as she saw the girl who welcomed her to Hufflepuff enter and then Finley entered. He was with a girl she hadn't seen, but she offered him a smile anyways, not caring whether he saw it or not. She was just glad to have seen him again. The sight of the meaner girl from Florean's made her turn away. She didn't want to frown and chance the girl seeing her, she didn't need confrontation or an enemy, but she wasn't fond of her.

As the Hufflepuff boy came back into her view, she smiled once more. "I'm Emilia," she curtsied as she introduced herself. She could have just offered him a handshake, but in her attire, it felt more proper to be elegant and formal.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Main Hall & Ballroom   The Main Hall & Ballroom - Page 2 EmptySun May 17, 2015 10:40 pm

Dan watched as more people entered, none of them familiar. It seemed some were going with simple masquerade attire of formal-wear with a mask. There was one girl in a black dress that--he assumed--she purchased for the torn look to the skirt, given the rather tangled mess of hair on one side of her head. He'd have to find out what she intended to be, but it would be impolite to simply abandon his current conversation companion to ask a single question.

The only other boy in the room seemed a bit flustered by the girl in what was obviously supposed to be a devil costume given the red and black schematic and the rather obvious, pointed tail sticking out the bottom of her dress. It was a fabulous outfit, to be sure, and Dan briefly contemplated approaching her at some point in the night to compliment her on her genius portrayal of a classic and often over-done persona.

Daniel turned back to face the girl in time for her to curtsy and introduce herself. He grinned widely and executed a dramatic bow, twirling his right hand in the air and folding his other behind his back as he folded himself at the waist. With a brief press of his lips to the knuckles of her left hand, he rose. "Pleasure to meet you, Emilia," he drawled. "Daniel, at your service." He threw in a sassy wink for good measure.

Last edited by Daniel Gjerstad on Mon May 18, 2015 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Main Hall & Ballroom   The Main Hall & Ballroom - Page 2 EmptyMon May 18, 2015 3:29 pm

Naomi wasn't sure exactly how, but somehow she'd actually persuaded Finley to go to the ball. Which was fortunate, because she would have still gone, but it probably wouldn't have been any fun by herself. Besides, Finley's Little John outfit was better than her Robin Hood one, which was homemade, so people might actually be able to recognize them.

When Finley admitted that it wasn't so bad, Naomi grinned at him in return. "See? I told you so. I'm glad you agreed to come with me." The ball really was very impressive, with decorations everywhere and plenty of activities.

Finley was just opening his mouth to say something when he was cut off by somebody else, somebody he called Madison. So this is Madison Bishop, Naomi thought to herself, watching the exchange through narrowed eyes. However, when Madison asked if they were dating, Naomi's eyes widened.

After hearing Finley stumble through an explanation, obviously embarrassed, Naomi decided to actually buck up and join the conversation. "Finley and I are best friends and probably always will be," she said, careful to make her voice loud enough to hear over the music. It felt like shouting to the quiet girl. "As for me being too pretty, I guess that's subjective, but that's not what I think. We just work better a friends."

When Madison asked for drinks immediately afterward and Finley ran off to get them, something clicked in Naomi's head and she blurted, "You like him!" before gasping and clapping her hand over her mouth. She hadn't meant to say that out loud, but as she lowered her hand, she knew she couldn't take it back, so she might as well go forward. "You like him... don't you?"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Main Hall & Ballroom   The Main Hall & Ballroom - Page 2 EmptyWed May 20, 2015 12:55 pm

As Finley tried to answer her, Maddie kept a smile on her face. "Oh, my mistake," she said simply, noting his response; it was obviously an honest one.

Nodding when Naomi also decided to speak up, Madison was quick to pick up on social cues given, storing away the information she got. She appeared to be a simple girl, having no hidden agendas and saying only what she meant without twisting her words. It was almost too easy to get a read on her.

Watching Finley walk off to get the drinks, she smirked inwardly, her plan of getting Naomi alone having worked. But before she could ask her what she intended, the girl was already speaking, and the words made Maddie raise her eyebrows.

I'm not the one who slept with him, she thought dryly, and as she did, her mind immediately went to what had taken place earlier that morning.

"Maddie!"

The blonde looked up from her position on her bed, glancing over her shoulder with a raised eyebrow. She was reading the latest issue of a gossip magazine, and everybody knew she was not to be disturbed.

"Did you hear?" There was a tint of excitement in the tone of one of her followers and she sat up, pushing her hair out from her face as she crossed her legs.

"Hear what?" she asked, motioning for the other girl to sit on the bed across from hers - the person who slept there would surely not mind, but Madison's bed was hers and hers alone to use.

"Finley..." Nicole stopped to catch her breath, panting heavily. The name, however, was enough to make Maddie sit straighter, eyes focusing firmly onto the first year's face.

A few seconds passed. "Naomi... She... I heard..."

This was far too slow for the witch to handle, and she gave an impatient wave of her hand. "Come on, spit it out! What about Naomi and Finley?" If she hurt him in any way, I swear... she thought to herself. Nobody touched her toy unless she wanted them to, and while she had heard of Finley growing close to that other witch, Mads had personally investigated and found that they were nothing more than friends - best friends, if the reports were to be believed.

"Shesleptinhisbed."

It came out rushed, as one word, but Madison caught everything that was said and her mouth dropped open slightly. "What did you say?!"

"She slept in his bed. I heard it from a Ravenclaw boy - he saw it himself," Nicole repeated, forcing herself to slow down.

There was a sharp intake of air on behalf of Madison. "You are sure of this?"

Nicole nodded, but before she could say anything else, Maddie had stood up. "Alright, thank you. You can go," she said calmly, keeping her facial expressions neutral. If she had learnt one thing, it was that things were usually blown out of perspective, and rumours were not complete truth - they held pieces of truth, that was for sure, but they were mixed with exaggerations and myths.

There was only one way to find out what actually happened - to ask either party involved, and Finley was far too shy to be able to approach him with this. I need to find a way to ask Naomi she decided, watching as Nicole left as quickly as she came, no doubt off to spread the rumour to someone else. Turning back around, she flopped down onto her pillow and flipped the magazine back open. One problem at a time, and right now, her wanted to know more about the scandal her favourite singer was caught it.

It seemed the universe had set everything up for her to find out. Smiling at Naomi, she said simply, "Not as much as you do." She kept her tone light, casual, so that nobody could blame her for being rude. "I mean, I've never slept in his bed."

The delivery had been, in her eyes, perfect. It had not been forced at all, but rather came out smoothly, almost like an after thought. She was certain it would not be perceived as an accusation or a pointing of fingers, but simply an innocent statement. As she waited to see Naomi's reaction, she flapped her wings a couple more times, as slowly as before, to give an even more casual effect to the situation.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Main Hall & Ballroom   The Main Hall & Ballroom - Page 2 EmptyWed May 20, 2015 1:52 pm

When Madison brought up sleeping in Finley's bed, Naomi blushed. "It wasn't like that, if that's what you're thinking. I had a... nightmare, and I went to talk to him about it. He asked me to stay to comfort me." She shrugged. "It's as simple as that." Although I'd like to know who told you that, she thought to herself. And how far that rumor's spread. The school was like a sieve, and everyone was hungry for gossip, so probably pretty far.

Rumors like that didn't really bother Naomi. She knew people would always believe them, no matter what the truth was. What concerned her more was the attention in general that was sure to be paid to her and Finley, something neither of them liked.

"And you didn't really answer my question," Naomi added. Despite Madison's casual approach of the topic, she couldn't help but feel that there was something... more behind her questions. Call it Seer's intuition, but Naomi felt that the situation was more than it appeared.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Main Hall & Ballroom   The Main Hall & Ballroom - Page 2 EmptyThu May 21, 2015 2:11 am

Almost as soon as Naomi began to explain herself, Madison held in a smirk. It was clear that what she was being told was true. Or, rather, almost true - she slightly doubted the reasoning given by the witch (she hesitated before saying the word 'nightmare', which either meant that Naomi was embarrassed or hiding something) but other than that, it appeared to be the truth. Finley was most definitely the kind to comfort a friend in need, and she immediately took hold of that information and stored it away for possible use in the future.

Now that she knew the truth, Maddie added a task to her to do list - shut down the rumour. While she herself needed answers, she let it carry out, so that she could get any and all information pertaining to it, but since she had gotten things from the horse's mouth, there was no longer need for this. The last thing she wanted was for Finley to get hurt, and if he cared about his friends that much, then if Naomi was upset, by association, it would also affect her toy.

"I wasn't thinking anything," she said with a innocent smile, and shrugged a little. "It was just something I heard in passing. I'm sure it was as innocent as you say." She made sure to keep any patronizing tones out of her sentences, instead conveying childish naivety, something that she was good at pretending to have. Almost as an afterthought, she carefully added, "I'm sorry if I brought up something hurtful. I didn't mean it like that."

Tilting her head slightly as Naomi more or less instructed her to answer her previous questions, Maddie forced a friendly smile onto her face. Actually, I did answer your question. You didn't really listen, did you? she thought. If it had been any other person... But Naomi was Finley's best friend. "Like I said earlier, I like him in the way you like him - as a friend." She paused, shrugged again, and added, "Less, probably. You're best friends and we're just friends."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Main Hall & Ballroom   The Main Hall & Ballroom - Page 2 EmptyThu May 21, 2015 7:52 pm

Alberi was not in a huge hurry to come to this 'party' or whatever it was. He never was interested enough to remember. But when he learned that it was, in fact, that there would be things like flying pumpkins and other stuff, he was interested. He could learn more about magic here, what advanced magic he himself could be doing when he is old enough to graduate and start a job. It surely would give him a good enough of a motivation to learn, at least.

After days of wondering what to go as, while still making it available to wear a suit, he thought of it. He would go a serpent. It was ironic, him being a so called 'lion' yet dressing up as the symbol of the revile house - a snake. He had planned it all out for a few hours. After sending an owl to his mother about what he wants and receiving his suit and mask, he was ready.

As for his suit, it was well made, at least for what they can buy. It was green, though it switched between two shades of green, leaving a slightly scaly look. Underneath he had put a beige shirt, along with green tie. Everything went great with the other. His shoes were his old black formal shoes though, as they could not afford more from this. He wore the suit open, as his shirt was supposed to be the stomach of the snake and it usually didn't have a connection with the rest.

As for his mask, he was pretty glad with it. It didn't cover his whole face, which allowed him to breath normally. It normally had a small red tongue put he cut it off, as it annoyed him. The mask was a dark green, matching one of the colours from his suit, the one which could be seen as the main one. It had lines on it, showing where the snakes snout/nose is, eyes. It also had small fangs at the bottom of the mouth, which Alberi actually liked and kept.

Soon enough he was ready and walked towards the Great Hall. He watched how the corridors were made. For once he decided not be an arrogant genius and actually admired the work that the others had put through this. He was pretty impressed. Maybe one day he could do it as well... He walked into the Great Hall and looked around. That was a pretty good job. He noticed a few groups of people around. Instead of going to them, he walked to a table, sat down and took out the book he had brought along with him. He was not intending to socialize today.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Main Hall & Ballroom   The Main Hall & Ballroom - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Main Hall & Ballroom
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next