Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Channeling Art (Open) Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Channeling Art (Open) Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Channeling Art (Open) Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Channeling Art (Open) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Channeling Art (Open) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Channeling Art (Open)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Channeling Art (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Channeling Art (Open)   Channeling Art (Open) EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 9:27 pm

Aimee had been so busy with caring for the new baby and working on lessons, that lately, she hadn't had time for herself. However, today, she was channeling her inner artist. It wasn't that amazing, but it was pretty decent. Aimee wore a blue shirt with a lace neckline, a pair of salmon skinny jeans and matching blue shoes. However, the one thing that just completely clashed her outfit of the day, was the huge blue and pink diaper bag filled to the zipper with things she needed daily for Mackenzie. On her front, was the two month old baby, sleeping in the sling that ties around her.

Aimee would be lying if she said that her life was easy and perfect because it was far from it. She barely got sleep due to Mackenzie's short sleeping times and her need to feed every two hours, however, she wouldn't trade it for the world. Aimee sat down on a stool, in front of an easel. There had already been paint and a canvas on the easel, which made her job easier. She set the diaper bag beside her and picked up a brush, beginning light strokes of green against the white. She had decided to paint a baby dragon for Mackenzie's room.

As she neared the end of the first outline, she heard the door open and felt the baby stir.
Back to top Go down
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

Birthday : 1998-02-13
Job/hobbies : Legal Adviser

PostSubject: Re: Channeling Art (Open)   Channeling Art (Open) EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 8:23 pm

Victoria perhaps didn't feel stress quite like other people due to her positive nature. However, that didn't mean she was immune to the idea of stress. Of course she wasn't, she was human as much as other people may think otherwise.

So, with the notion of exams coming up, and the fact her brother had only just been given the good news from the hospital that he would make a full recovery, Victoria was feeling a little more stressed than she usually would. With that in mind, Victoria had put aside some time for herself to relax.

The music room was always somewhere Victoria could use, a place that she could dance until she felt normal once more. Getting changed in to her dance attire, Victoria moved to the room, setting herself up before noticing that someone else was in the room.

But not just anyone, oh no, there before her was Professor Valentine. With her baby. If anything could destress Victoria quicker than dancing, it was the sight of a small baby. "I'm so sorry, professor, I can come back." Victoria said, though she really hoped the professor would say that it was okay. "Is... that your baby?" She asked, hope tinting her tone in that moment because she really, really liked children.

~ Profile ~ Vickson Playlist ~
~ Slender ~ 30 ~ Bookworm ~ 5' ~ American ~
Channeling Art (Open) Rsz_1v10
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Channeling Art (Open)   Channeling Art (Open) EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:55 pm

Whoever it was that had just walked in, was setting up for whatever they were planning to do, by the sounds of it. She glanced back, curious to see who had joined her and saw one of her older students, Victoria Newbury. Just as she was about to offer the girl a smile, she heard her speak. Aimee shook her head, "You are perfectly welcome to stay," the woman gave the girl a small smile. "Yes, it is," Aimee remembered that the students probably didn't know she had given birth yet due to the fact that they'd been on Christmas break and the final lesson had not begun yet. "This is Mackenzie," she smiled as she introduced the baby.

She had no idea how she and Dylan had created such a perfect little human, but they did, at least in her opinion. The baby had a head full of dark hair and bright blue eyes. She had ten little fingers and ten little toes and she was just below average size.

As a professor, she knew it was wrong of her to choose a favourite student, which was why she would never label Ms. Newbury as her favourite, but she was one of her more enjoyable students. She was by far the sweetest, most intelligent person she had met. In fact, she reminded her quite of herself now, with being so friendly and caring.

She felt bad for the girl, hearing about her brother, Aimee's colleague being in the hospital. She wanted to let the girl know that she could talk to her if she needed to, yet at the same time, she didn't want to make the girl more upset than she probably already was.

"Would you like to hold her?" The question came out of nowhere as Aimee began taking the now awake baby out of the sling. Chances were, the girl was here to think about something else for awhile and what teenage girl didn't like babies?
Back to top Go down
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Channeling Art (Open)   Channeling Art (Open) EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 9:21 pm

When the professor said it was okay to stay, Victoria relaxed, her smile growing just a little bit. She never felt nervous around professors because for the most part they seemed to like her. She respected each of them highly, knowing each of them had worked hard to get where they were, and she doubted Professor Valentine would be any different. "Thank you, professor." Victoria replied to the witch, moving towards the table instead of the dance floor because it didn't seem relevant now.

With the name being told, Victoria smiled warmly. "That's a lovely name." The witch told her professor, genuinely meaning it. "Is that American?" She added, because she thought it would be, but couldn't remember the origin exactly.

But, Victoria was almost knocked for six when she was asked if she wanted to hold the baby. Almost instantly the Head Girl was nodding in reply. "Oh, that would be amazing!" She insisted. "I love children, they always seem to settle well around me too. I don't know why." She explained, simply too happy to say no.

Taking a seat beside the professor, the witch waited to be handed the baby, knowing it was polite for the parent to lead this part. "Is Dylan Mackenzie's daddy?" Victoria asked once she had the baby held in her arms, carefully supporting her so she didn't hurt. "You two are very lucky." Victoria continued, using her little finger to let the child hold, her smile flourishing in that moment.

Children would always, always be a weakness to Victoria, and she knew it.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Channeling Art (Open)   Channeling Art (Open) EmptySat Jul 18, 2015 4:28 pm

"Thank you," she said to Victoria in regards to Mackenzie's name. "Actually, the origin in Scottish, but it's popular more so in America than anywhere else," she explained, understanding why someone would think of Mackenzie being an American name. When she'd researched baby names, she remembered it being a Scottish name, however, it didn't really have a special meaning, which didn't bother her. She thought the name was lovely and definitely wanted her daughter to be though of as lovely.

Aimee smiled and carefully handed Mackenzie over to Victoria, watching as she carefully cradled the infant in her arms. Aimee nodded, she had been the same way. She loved children and they seemed to love her, but when it came to her own child, she always wondered how good of a mother she'd be. Her parents had been harsh Pureblood elitists who wanted her to marry someone with blood purity. However, Mackenzie happened and Aimee wondered whether or not it'd affect her interactions with Mackenzie once she was older. Aimee was in no way elitist, but she did want the best for her daughter, but what if that meant being strict and mean?

She was pulled out of her worries and concerns when she remembered Mackenzie and Victoria. Watching the girl with the baby warmed her heart and she knew that someday, some distance into the future, Victoria would make a perfect mother. "He is," she smiled, having tuned in just in time to hear Victoria speak. She loved Dylan unconditionally and she agreed with the girl. They were lucky, incredibly lucky. They had each other and they had a beautiful daughter and jobs that paid the bills and what more could they need?

Knowing that her little family had each other, she knew they would be just fine.
Back to top Go down
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Channeling Art (Open)   Channeling Art (Open) EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 12:48 pm

The knowledge that Mackenzie was in fact a Scottish name was something that made Victoria nod in understanding. "Of course!" The Head Girl replied after a moment. "It's a very beautiful name for a beautiful little girl." Victoria told the witch with a smile.

Settling with the child was easy for Victoria, and the baby seemed quite content. For that much, Victoria was glad, because the sound of children crying made her feel like doing the same. Which, she knew was silly, but it was heartbreaking to hear them so upset.

The confirmation that Dylan was the father of the baby made Victoria smile. The man seemed quite nice, and Professor Valentine definitely looked very happy with that. "Are you going to have more children?" Victoria asked, not meaning to pry in the older witch's business, but simply very curious. "When I'm older, I think I'm going to have at least three children." Victoria explained, because she wanted her house to be full of joy.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Channeling Art (Open)   Channeling Art (Open) EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 7:46 pm

Aimee smiled and thanked Victoria. She would take credit for compliments Mackenzie received until she was old enough to take credit for them herself. Though, the thought of Mackenzie growing up was one that Aimee was reluctant to think about. The fact that the infant was already a couple months old was saddening itself. She felt like just yesterday she felt the pain of childbirth.

Victoria seemed to be a natural with the baby, but weren't most girls? Aimee wondered if she had any younger siblings that she had been able to help with or if it were just her and Jake. She could see Mackenzie's content face focused on Victoria's and it was honestly, a sweet, sweet sight.

She had to ponder the question for a bit before answering. "Well, I think I would like one more, maybe, but Dylan definitely wants another child." Aimee said smiling, "Of course it would be a couple years before we thought about it." There was no way she'd be able to pop out another baby while Mackenzie was a toddler. A newborn and a toddler to her was stress waiting to happen and she didn't care to be stressed. Aimee smiled, she could imagine Victoria with at least three children, beautiful just like her. "I think you would make a wonderful mother," Aimee beamed, "you're a natural."
Back to top Go down
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Channeling Art (Open)   Channeling Art (Open) EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 8:10 pm

The answer that the professor was likely going to have another baby made Victoria's smile grow more in that moment. "Oh, that's so wonderful! A nice gap between them will be a good idea. Especially with both of you having such good jobs too. I think that's very good!" Victoria insisted, gushing a little bit because children made her more than a little bit excitable, truth be told.

"Maybe you'll get a little boy next time, one of each is always something I want, though of course, with three I will have one more girl or boy. But, I definitely want to bring up both a boy and a girl." She explained, looking back down at Mackenzie with warm smile. "Especially if they're as cute as you!" Victoria added, mostly to the baby but loud enough for Amy to hear too.

The compliment, however, made Victoria's cheeks go a soft pink. "I really hope so." The Head Girl replied, because that was one of three things she really wanted to achieve in her life. One, to be a good mother. Two, to be successful in her career. And three, to be a good wife to her future partner. It would be difficult to balance, but Victoria knew she could make it work.

"But, I think my brother will be having babies much before I do, so I can definitely get in a lot more practice before I have my own!" Victoria responded, because she knew she had a few more years of studying to do before she could think about a family.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Channeling Art (Open)   Channeling Art (Open) Empty

Back to top Go down

Channeling Art (Open)
Page 1 of 1