Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

Josie LeBlanc

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Water and Technology can mix (Open) Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Water and Technology can mix (Open) Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Water and Technology can mix (Open) Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Water and Technology can mix (Open) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Water and Technology can mix (Open) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Water and Technology can mix (Open)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Water and Technology can mix (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Water and Technology can mix (Open)   Water and Technology can mix (Open) EmptySat Jun 27, 2015 6:23 pm

Alberi was walking around the lake. He was trying to find a quiet spot around, so he could sit down and simply read. And it wasn't just any book the boy thought of reading. No, it was about all the new technological improvements that had occurred to the muggle world while he was at Hogwarts. He always was a fan of anything to do with computer, from when he was a child. In fact, if the magic didn't interact with the electricity, as he read, he most certainly would have taken at least a phone with himself. But sadly not everything works out the way he wishes.

The boy managed to find a place which wasn't very near people. He didn't often talk to others. In fact, if he wasn't spoken to, he would speak. Unless he was in class, of course, in that situation he wouldn't even keep his mouth shut. If his knowledge for the magic world wasn't so little he surely would have his own mind for the hows and whats. And anyways, who even knew if he would continue to deal with magic later on? When he was younger (which was pretty much half a year ago) he was thinking of going into Biology or Physics. Not magic. Maybe even become a lawyer. But not a wizard. How things could change for people at times...

Alberi sat down facing the lake and took out his book. He hoped no one saw him. Though he had pretty much gone through being ashamed of the Hippogriff accident, mostly because no one really reacted to what had happened (which would have been the exact opposite if he were in his old school), he still felt horrible from the mistake he had made. And on his first lesson, never the less! It was a horrible experiance... Hopefully he wouldn't need to meet with another Hippogriff again in his life!
Back to top Go down
Jacques Clement
Adult
Adult
Jacques Clement

Birthday : 2004-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Water and Technology can mix (Open)   Water and Technology can mix (Open) EmptyThu Jul 09, 2015 9:17 pm

Ever since scaring Ellie on the Black Lake, Jacques couldn't help himself with going back. He'd hoped to find her again, not to apologise, nor to scare her again, but just so he could try to talk to her again. She was different, and difference intrigued Jacques. He didn't want to be her friend, oh no, he just liked to play with her.

Call it wrong, Jacques didn't care, people were for playing with.

Today was no different, heading out for a walk, Jacques had circled the lake twice now, and was growing bored. Passing a tree, Jacques noted the boy from Care of Magical Creatures. The boy who had passed out during the class. It had amused Jacques on the day, such a weakness in such a "brave" person, but he had never said anything openly.

Not yet, anyway.

Noticing the book in the boy's hands, Jacques shook his head - to himself, of course - Muggle technology. "What could you possibly still want to read that for?" Jacques asked, raising an eyebrow at the boy. He made no attempt to sit down, stood up made him look bigger, powerful even. And Jacques liked power.

~ Profile ~
~ Clement Heir ~ 24 ~ Athletic ~ 5'11" ~ French Accent ~
Water and Technology can mix (Open) Ojucpn10
Thanks to .V0ldiemort @ TDA for my signature!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Water and Technology can mix (Open)   Water and Technology can mix (Open) EmptySat Jul 11, 2015 5:26 pm

There was a few things Alberi hated when it came to books. And what he most hated was when he was interrupted. As a kid, he would always be made fun of when he read a book and the teasing didn't calm down as he grew older. They would often take his book from his hand and hide it somewhere for the rest of the day until they decide it good to give it back. Well, it really was the teacher who made them give the book back. Sometimes they would take it at the end of a Friday and not give it back until Monday. That was one of the reasons why Alberi always took more than one book with him and also why he had a good load of books hidden all around the school only where he could find them. And as he grew up, that gave him at hatred to being interrupted and even if it was a kind question to know what he was reading, he would scowl at the other person.

Looking up, however, he noticed a boy. A Slytherin boy. Alberi had seen him around. He knew his name was Jacques Clement, though he probably wouldn't remember it if he hadn't remembered the killer of Henry the third. Obviously, as soon as he made the connection, Alberi just had to make a research to see what the boy's family was and found out that he is from some famous Pure-Blood family. Afterwards the boy couldn't really care more. He just wanted to see if the names were connected. Alberi didn't really care about one's title. He preferred to look at what he did, not what his relatives did.

Alberi decided not to snap at him for interrupting him. Rather, he would examine him and see how he would react. He noticed how the boy didn't sit down. Probably to show himself as bigger and more powerful. Repressing to both smirk and roll his eyes, he looked back towards his book. "Why I would read this? Considering I might as well work with technology when I grow up, I might as well have a good start." he said with a shrug. Well, it was true. He could work with technology when he grew up. Or become a chemist of some kind. Or something with law. Whatever it was, it would probably be something muggle at the end. "And besides, technology is rather interesting once you get to know it." He said while he kept his gaze on the book, not even raising a glance at the boy.
Back to top Go down
Jacques Clement
Adult
Adult
Jacques Clement

PostSubject: Re: Water and Technology can mix (Open)   Water and Technology can mix (Open) EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 8:09 pm

The answer to his question gave Jacques the necessary means to judge the boy sat by his feet. If he liked technology that either made him Muggleborn, or the kind of person that Jacques didn't much like. Which, was perhaps, a little prejudice, but when you lived in the magical world like he did, it became difficult to understand.

"Why would you want to work with it when you were older?" Jacques asked, looking thoroughly unimpressed with the answer he'd received. There couldn't possibly be anything worse than working in the Muggle world. They were all so... stupid.

The thought of technology being interesting made the Slytherin scoff, shaking his head. "You people are insane." He muttered to himself, referring to Muggleborns in general - because by now Jacques had made that assumption of the boy. "Why would you want for technology when we can do magic?" Jacques asked, not hostile, just very much looking down on the whole idea of technology possibly being more interesting to the Gryffindor than magic.

~ Profile ~
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Water and Technology can mix (Open)   Water and Technology can mix (Open) EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 4:24 pm

Alberi carefully listened to everything the boy said, not taking his eyes off the book even though he wasn't even reading it anymore from the start of the conversation. For the boys answer it was obvious that he wasn't aware of technology. Going back to the day in Diagon Alley, he remembered what he was told - about some of the pure blood families. About there what they think is knowledge of Muggle world and their, sometimes even, hate towards muggles. This boy was obviously part of such a family. Not that he was really surprised, he saw how big the boy's family was. Though he found the hatred towards muggles foolish, he understood why. It was needed for survival in the beginning, with the witch burnings and it was easier to hide and talk stuff. It's like how they make stories for kids to listen - don't mess around and things will turn out alright.

The boy didn't allow himself a lot of time to think. In fact, it probably wasn't more from five seconds later. Just enough not to make his answer seem quick and emotional, but less from allowing it to seem as if the boy had given him a hard time. Alberi wasn't one to seem weak or to lose, not to such stuff. He saw this as a debate and debates aren't to be loved. There was a reason why he was often picked to such contests. Not letting his eyes of the book, he said. "I want to work with technology because that is what I'm good at. I would explain things I had done but one, you wouldn't have an idea what I'm talking about and two, I'm not one to compliment myself. I let the others do it for me." He said, trying as best as he can to sound older from the age he actually is. Mostly because, in his mind, he pretty much was. Mature for his age. Maybe too mature, at times.

Alberi ignored the part of being insane. He already knew that. As they say, the line between being a genius and insane was very thin. The different were always insane. And if Alberi had to pick between being alike, stupid and boring or being insane, he would pick the later. Now, the second question from the boy was interesting. He hadn't actually thought about it. Turning the page so he can give himself some more time to think, he said afterwards. "I like it more because I'm raised with it. Magic... I never believed in it and thought it for nonsense. It didn't have proof for it to exist, it wasn't based on facts. And I'm used to that. I still don't get how it changes to molecular structure of something to change its colour. How a stick with whatever from a supposedly unexisting creature can make someone faster, make them breath underwater, float them in the air - even kill them. By your logic I should ask you why you don't like technology, right? And you would say the same - you aren't used to it. You don't know what it does." He said. That turned out better from how he hoped. He would even go far enough to say that this was one of the best arguments for a debate he had ever had. His big head just won't come down to earth soon...
Back to top Go down
Jacques Clement
Adult
Adult
Jacques Clement

PostSubject: Re: Water and Technology can mix (Open)   Water and Technology can mix (Open) EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 7:35 pm

Jacques had raised an eyebrow the moment the boy had begun speaking about how he was better with technology than magic. He had no proof this was true, but he kept quiet, trying to think of something to say. Nothing came however, because the Slytherin simply could not (or maybe, would not) accept that you would pick Muggle jobs over Magical ones.

Until...

"If you have no desire to use magic, why are you even here then?" Jacques asked, after all, coming here just seemed like a waste of time if you didn't have any desire to use the knowledge you were gaining.

The second explanation - or more the last couple of lines made Jacques shake his head. "My home has Muggle crap in it, I just don't use it. It's slow and clunky. I know what your Muggle stuff does, I'm not an idiot." Jacques told the boy, making sure the other boy knew that this wasn't an uneducated argument that Jacques was presenting. "And if you're insane, you should go to St Mungos." He finished, nodding more for his own benefit than the other boys.

Though, in realistic terms, it would not be the Gryffindor who would need the hospital if they were talking of their mental capabilities.

~ Profile ~
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Water and Technology can mix (Open)   Water and Technology can mix (Open) EmptyThu Aug 06, 2015 2:53 pm

Alberi noticed that the boy had a hard time to think of a combat. That was enough to make him smirk, though he hid it well behind his book. Afterwards he listened to what the boy asked and resisted to roll his eyes. He honestly saw the answer more than obvious and having to reply to such an easy question was insulting at the least but he had to. “Well, you see, the use of magic will help me have time which otherwise I would be using in stuff like cleaning. Less time to travel for places. Plus the knowledge I gain with surely help me when I grow...” He dragged off, thinking of something. Could it happen? He would have to look into it...

Listening on, Alberi shook his head. Slow and clunky? In the past it was but now? It was definitely becoming faster and faster and definitely not near clunky for years. “Depends. You're probably using old muggle technology. The new one is nothing like you said. That, or the magic in your household must be interfering with it.” He said, his voice having a slight drag as if he was bored of this. Probably because he was. Some people were such brainless idiots at times Alberi wished that he wasn't as human. And now that he turned out not to be one - to one point- he started to think that it wasn't just up to being a human to be stupid.

The last comment from the boy almost made Alberi chuckle. Almost. Of course, he rarely chuckled. Instead, he put a slightly frightening smile on. “First, I don't want to go to some wizard Saint to heal me. Second, I meant that as a metaphor. I didn't say I was insane. If I was, I should have been a danger to those around me. Considering I'm not running around, waving my wand, yelling curses to everyone I see, I doubt I'm crazy.Though, for you, I probably am crazy, considering that your reaction to about everything I said.” He said, after which he leaned back to the tree and continued to read his book, telling himself that he had won. Either the boy would leave or continue to talk with him after this. And secretly, he was hoping for both.
Back to top Go down
Jacques Clement
Adult
Adult
Jacques Clement

PostSubject: Re: Water and Technology can mix (Open)   Water and Technology can mix (Open) EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 10:14 am

Jacques, by now, had decided he didn't like this boy. At eleven years old and being as privileged as all Clements were, Jacques disliked things that didn't go his way. So, this, this was not going okay, and he would have to win, at any cost. Of course, being eleven meant that Jacques didn't quite have the tact of the usual Clements. So, instead, he went for the one thing he knew would work.

Or, at least, he thought would work.

"People like you are just filthy... bigots." Jacques told the Gryffindor, scowling down at him. "A waste of magical blood, that's what you are." He finished, because he knew that it wasn't nice, and he hoped that it would sting the Gryffindor a little.

"I'm going, I don't waste time with lesser people." Jacques told the boy, turning on his heel a moment later and striding off confidently. He had been right, since the moment he'd come to this school. Everyone, absolutely everyone, was an idiot, and he was wasting his time here.

~ Profile ~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Water and Technology can mix (Open)   Water and Technology can mix (Open) Empty

Back to top Go down

Water and Technology can mix (Open)
Page 1 of 1