Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
The Prayers Hospital Walls Hear (Jake) Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
The Prayers Hospital Walls Hear (Jake) Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
The Prayers Hospital Walls Hear (Jake) Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
The Prayers Hospital Walls Hear (Jake) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
The Prayers Hospital Walls Hear (Jake) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

The Prayers Hospital Walls Hear (Jake)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

The Prayers Hospital Walls Hear (Jake) Empty
PostSubject: The Prayers Hospital Walls Hear (Jake)   The Prayers Hospital Walls Hear (Jake) EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 9:12 pm

We’re so glad you’re here,” Beatrice said lovingly as she stroked up and down Veronika’s arms, and the Professor was surprised by how much her best friend was glowing. Veronika hadn’t expected an Indian wedding to be so beautiful or so much fun. However it felt like one of the most memorable nights of her life especially with the kindness that Beatrice’s family greeted her with. She had sat with Madame Souvielle and her fiance during the reception.

Well how could I not when you made me Maid of Honor?” Veronika teased grinning as she spun out of her best friends arms to show off her dress. It was beautiful with very Indian themed patterns despite the primarily white person design. Each of her bridesmaid’s dresses were catered to compliment their beautiful body types and Veronika had never been more glad to have such a loving friend than during the reception.

However, the night was drawing to an end for Veronika. She and Jake had been corresponding regularly since she left for France. She had three weddings to attend to; one for Ivan’s cousin that had been out of the blue and the first, one for Beatrice, and the last for Madame Souvielle. The preparation for Beatrice’s wedding had been the really killer; it was a five day extravaganza of cooking and hurried relatives. Ivan’s cousin’s had been more out of respect, and she was really a kind young girl who spoke about her shared youth with Ivan with sweet eyes. In two days Madame Souvielle- well her name was Teresena- was getting married and it was bound to be beautiful too. Teresena’s fiance was loaded and handsome, older by two years and a designer of sorts.

Veronika wistfully wondered how things were back home as she read Jake’s letter with avid interest. Before she’d left they’d gone a variety of fun dates after they’d officially defined the relationship. She loved talking to him and so these three months away wasn’t too bad, she decided as she dressed in her comfort clothes to sleep after sending the letter off.

That had been two weeks ago and Veronika had been home for a few days now. Unfortunately Jake was leaving for some “Auror stuff” and so they hadn’t had time together. She found she was shocked by how deeply she felt his loss and how badly she wanted to feel his arms around her. She gave a small sigh and greeted several students with a smile as she continued walking through the halls. She hadn’t any clue how Jake was faring lately, but she supposed it had to be okay. She was considering tracking down Victoria to ask how Jake was - and there she was! Talking to Daniel at that.

The news she received from Daniel as he requested Veronika accompany Victoria to St. Mungo’s for Jake set everything inside of her panicking. She was terrified, absolutely petrified as she murmured comforting words that didn’t quite reach her. Getting to St. Mungo’s and then to the front desk to ask for Jake’s whereabouts she did it all in through routine motions but not at all with any emotions; her entire body was on autopilot. She was nervous, scared, and worried all at once. Which were all lethal and terrifying emotions and ones she wasn’t used to. She was anxious and freaked out as she pulled her hair into an elaborate braid to keep her fingers busy while the nurse pulled up the information.

Victoria had yet to stop crying and Veronika could only rub soothing circles into her shoulders.

Once directed to the floor and room she greeted Jake’s parents with a tight smile as she led Victoria to them to let them console her. They nodded towards the door, telling her of Jake’s injuries and that he was still unconscious. She nodded as she took a seat in the chair next to the bed. She closed her eyes and inhaled deeply as she reached for his hand, just something to tether her to the situation.

Jake?” She murmured closing her eyes and pressing his hand and hers to her forehead, “please please please please wake up, I’d give anything for you to wake up. I don’t- I can’t- Jake I need you to wake up, it’s been so long since I heard you voice, I need you to wake up now.” She took shallow breaths and waited, silently praying to whatever Gods would listen to for her boyfriend to wake up.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

Birthday : 1992-08-13
Job/hobbies : Auror & DADA Professor

PostSubject: Re: The Prayers Hospital Walls Hear (Jake)   The Prayers Hospital Walls Hear (Jake) EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 9:47 pm

When Veronika had announced she would be going away for a while, Jake had been understanding. Neither one of them should have to put their life on hold just because of a relationship. Jake had simply wished her well, and promised to write to her as often as he could.

And they did.

Jake received details of the weddings she was attending, and he returned them with an apology for not being able to accompany her. Jake tried to keep his letters interesting, but Auror work was becoming more and more secretive, which meant he had to go careful what he said. But he told her about school, and how he missed her (not in a whining manner, but just simple statements that showed without explicitly saying that he'd been thinking about her).

Despite them not sharing a house, Jake felt his flat had grown emptier in her absence, which was perhaps silly of him. With each letter back and forth, though, Jake knew that they had something good. Veronika was great, and with each day that passed, he grew more excited to see her again.

But of course, schedules always conflicted your desires.

As the lights had faded in the middle of the field, two faces had brought comfort through the agony that had exploded through his body. Victoria's smile was the most reassuring picture in the world, and it always would be. But Veronika also flittered in and out of view in a manner that might have made him think if he hadn't been so... terrified.

But blackness had taken his consciousness, and any manner of knowing what was going on. A lull, in between times.

In the aftermath of the attack, a coward had emerged once more with a larger force of Aurors. A secure perimeter had been put up and the wounded had been taken to St Mungo's as quickly and as safely as possible. The dead Pureblood had been sent too, but straight to the Morgue. The man in charge, a Pureblood, had looked on with eyes filled with discontent, but he hadn't said a word.

The scene had ended with tiny pops as people disapparated from the place, no-one staying to analyse how they'd loss, simply accepting defeat for all it was worth.

The families of the injured had been noted, though no details had been given in fear of a leak to the media. They had rushed in to see their sons, or daughters, as quickly as they could. Jake's parents had been one of the last to arrive due to the fact they were on the other side of the ocean, but they had dropped everything to get there.

The doctors had explained that the injuries were bad, but he was stable, not yet stirring from his unconscious state. It would take time for Jake to recover fully, they had said, but the next few hours were crucial.

His face was bruised from the punch he'd received from the Basilisks, and a few stray kicks had bloodied his nose, and bruised his cheeks. His left eye had a cut just beneath it that was slowly healing under a paste. It was, perhaps, an unpleasant sight for anyone to behold because it gave off the notion of being broken.

His ribs were healing, but his body was covered in bruises that would take time to heal, even with a bruise potion.

His mom's voice had not stirred him from the unconscious state he'd fallen in to, and his dad had stayed silent at the end of the bed. They'd moved at the arrival of Victoria, consoling their youngest child and giving Veronika space. Victoria wouldn't help in this situation, Henry had whispered to Veronika as he motioned for her to have a moment if she wanted, ushering his wife and daughter outside.

Which left Jake and Veronika alone.

A steady beep chimed in the room signalling Jake's heart beat, and various other equipment was around them. It had been at least five hours since the attack now.

A soft sound.

A very, very soft sound.

But a familiar sound reached Jake's ears. A sound that he had not heard in months. A sound he hadn't believed he'd hear again...

It pulled gently, and Jake followed without hesitation. Soothing.. soft... familiar...

Lightness slowly began to seep through the imposing darkness, pushing away dreams of no form. Warmth was coming from somewhere...

Jake's eyes flickered - not opening, but a sign they were moving. And the last couple of words met his ears... Opening his eyes just a fraction, Jake winced and his eyes fell shut. "V-Veronika?" Jake asked, though he wasn't sure his mind wasn't playing games on him. Trying again, Jake managed to get his eye open a little bit more, making out the blurry outline of the witch he'd longed to see.

The man didn't move, looking to the witch beside him. "Where... am I?" He asked, his voice a little raspy as his eyes moved around the room a little before closing again. Okay, that was tiring. But... things weren't black. Opening his eye again, forcing it to try and open a little wider, Jake noted his left eye wasn't quite so clear... "What happened?" He asked, grimacing but not moving to feel the pain, everything ached too much to contemplate moving.

~ Auror ~ Profile ~ DADA Professor ~
~ In a Relationship ~ 36 ~ Father ~ 6' ~ American Accent ~
The Prayers Hospital Walls Hear (Jake) Rsz_1j10
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsandbeyond.forumotion.co.uk
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Prayers Hospital Walls Hear (Jake)   The Prayers Hospital Walls Hear (Jake) EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 11:01 pm

Veronika was one of the lucky people.

She was able to meander her way through the dark tragedy that was Ivan’s death. She had spent so much of her life in love with him being without him was strange and hard. When you’re 17 you don’t think that the guy that you’ve met with sad eyes is it for you. When you’re 17 you don’t think about marrying the Lost Boy who looks at you like you’re Wendy Darling. You think that he’s interesting and you’re never bored with him and that’s enough for you. Then you’re leaving and he’s pulling you back in, then you’re fighting and then kissing, and you don’t even consider that this boy’s kisses will become eternity to you. Then the months go on and you’re his star in the dark and suddenly you’re celebrating your one year anniversary. This one year turns into two. Then two years turns into five and then suddenly life without him is unbearable.

Love is best when unexpected and where she is right now, holding onto Jake’s hand like it’s the last good thing there is was definitely not where she’d thought she’d be. 

She won’t say it; not anytime soon at least. She’ll just harbor the depth of how much he means to her for a few more months. It’s not the right time, but at least she knows she’s in it for the long run. There is a single moment that she considers the moment that it starts to sink into her how dangerous this all is. 

The job that he has will always have this risk. He’ll never just be the Professor of Flying and DADA; no he’ll be an Auror. As her eyes roam over his form, she has to bite her lower lip to keep herself from crying because even bruised and barely there she still thinks he’s shining the sun and for a split second she wonders if maybe Jake is dangerous to her. The way she feels about him is old and new; like a past lover coming back to reclaim her heart and it’s groundbreaking to consider the plain fact of life. The way she feels about Jake is deeper than she ever anticipated. Because now that she’s holding his hand like it’s the last good thing left she’s starting to realize how her body’s reacting.

Her heartbeat is loud and angry, it’s sad and hurt, it’s thudding and slow, but it’s in her ears. There is a lump in her throat at the idea that this could be the last words she ever says to him and it’s - it’s terrifying. This is scary. The idea that the hand she’s holding now is a hand she could lose is now the most horrifying idea ever. The idea that every little ambrosia of glee born from adoration and affection Jake gives her is on the balance of never coming back has her slipping it has her falling back into the sad little place she was at when she lost Ivan and gods this is so real isn’t it?

"V-Veronika?"

And just like that she’s anchored back to the Earth. With wide green eyes she’s gaping at him amazed and a little worried she might’ve imagined that when his eye opens, immediately she shoots out of the chair and she’s standing next to his bed holding his hand tighter.

Jake! It-It’s me!” Now she can’t help but cry, out of relief, out of joy, out of sorrow that he’s conscious enough to recognize her. “I’m here, I’m here, I’m here,” she sobs smiling. 

“You - you’re in St. Mungo’s and whatever you’re doing as an Auror landed you here.” She started as she wiped the tears from her eye with her sleeve, “that’s all I know and you’re- you’re parents are here and so is Victoria.” She added smiling brightly lifting their hands to pepper their hands in kisses.

You should really go back to sleep, please just rest up.” She murmured.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: The Prayers Hospital Walls Hear (Jake)   The Prayers Hospital Walls Hear (Jake) EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 6:15 pm

Jake knew he was right when the sound of Veronika's voice met his ears once more, and the Auror smiled to himself at the sound. A smile that didn't falter even with the small nagging pain that met him in his cheek. The information on where he was made Jake let out a soft groan, he didn't like hospitals, not in the slightest, but his body was aching too much to contemplate moving at that moment.

"I'm glad you're here." Jake told the witch with a small smile, watching her pepper his hand with kisses that he could have sworn made everything feel better. As if they had some kind of magical power that made the pain feel bearable. It was a silly thought, of course, but it was one he would believe anyway for the moment.

But the moment he found out that his parents were here, that Victoria was here, Jake's mannerisms changed. Not towards Veronika, no, it wasn't her fault. His instinct to protect Victoria had kicked in, his worry for her even when he knew she was not hurt. "Has she been in?" He asked, the worry clear on his features. "Please don't let her in, she won't like..." He tried to explain, but winced as his chest hurt a little. Trying too much too quickly with a couple of broken ribs was apparently not a good idea. "I don't want her to see me like this..." Jake murmured softly, looking up at Veronika and seeing the tears for the first time.

"Nor you..." Jake added, his shoulder slumping in defeat as he realised he hadn't done enough to protect either of them from being hurt. "I'm sorry." Jake managed, squeezing her hand in what he hoped to be reassurance. "I didn't mean to upset you."

The thought of resting was not something he was going to play with in that moment, but rather than being defiant, Jake ignored the comment, hoping Veronika wouldn't insist.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Prayers Hospital Walls Hear (Jake)   The Prayers Hospital Walls Hear (Jake) EmptyFri Jul 17, 2015 8:52 pm

Veronika pursed her lips together to push back all of her inate sadness that was growing at the sight of Jake. They'd only been dating for a small amount of time, but the closeness that had developed was incomparable she thought. She found it amazing that they'd created a bond like never before in the small period of time they had. She'd gotten a wake up call in the moments that she spent here; being with Jake meant that him in this position might happen more. And she needed to accept that. She was willing to; she wanted to.

Because she wanted to be with him.

"I wouldn't be anywhere else," she added against his hand. She let the moment sink in, let the relief fill her system that Jake was here and alright. She felt ease start to hit her; Jake was breathing and alive. Worse for wear and yet not any less handsome. It hurt her heart how much she cared for him it seemed. She couldn't let him know that really that she cared deeper about him than she did.

"No," she was brought back to reality, "I- I won't. I promise, I'm here just please try to rest, don't move, love, just - stay." She put a small hand on his chest to ease him back.

"I'm just happy, y'know that you're okay," she sobbed out wiping it all away. "I'm happy that you're here." She murmured taking in a few deep breaths to calm herself down. "I wouldn't be any other place, but here, Jake, no matter what would be happening, I would be here." She mumbled biting back the words that she always would be.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: The Prayers Hospital Walls Hear (Jake)   The Prayers Hospital Walls Hear (Jake) EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 9:40 am

Jake couldn't help but smile at her words. He knew their relationship was serious, but hearing the words out loud that she wouldn't be anywhere else, it made it all the more real. And he liked that, despite all this mess, he liked knowing he had someone he could depend on.

The promise not to let Victoria see him made Jake relax a little, and the weight of Veronika's hand on his chest pushing him back in to the pillows was enough to make him submit. Of course he was still worried about his little sister, but he was quite sure Veronika would keep her word in that moment. "Thank you." Jake managed softly, his shoulders relaxing as his worry left him for that moment.

Hearing Veronika crying though, that made Jake's chest ache more than the pain of his ribs could. Squeezing her hand gently, Jake tried to show it was okay. "I'm fine, please don't cry. Just a few cuts and bruises." He tried to assure her, though it was worse, but he was going to be fine. He had too much to live for to let some scum stop him from living. Pulling their hands towards him, hoping to bring his girlfriend closer to him, Jake pressed a light kiss to her knuckles, offering her another small smile which he hoped would reassure her. "It'll take a lot more than this to beat me." He insisted, kissing her knuckles once more.

The doors opened a moment later, a Healer entering and picking up the clipboard with all of Jake's information. Jake watched the witch purse her lips for a moment in thought, before turning to him. "How are you feeling, Mr Newbury?" She asked, sending a small smile Veronika's way.

"I've been better." Jake joked, letting out a small laugh before wincing at the pain shooting through his ribs.

The Healer didn't share the humour, instead looking back over the notes. "You'll be able to go home in a couple of days from these charts, we'll fix everything we can, but you'll need to take things easy, or else you'll do more damage. Have you got someone who can look after you for a few weeks?" She asked, and Jake nodded almost at once. He knew his mom wouldn't mind stopping over for a while until he got better. He couldn't ask Veronika, not yet.

"Great." The witch replied, looking towards Veronika for a moment. "Mr Newbury needs to rest, please don't keep him much too longer." She finished, before heading off to another ward.

Jake simply smiled to himself, looking back to Veronika with the smile still playing on his lips. "Thank you, for coming to see me. It means a lot." He told her softly, and he meant it. He hadn't expected Veronika to be here, or at least not so soon, anyway.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Prayers Hospital Walls Hear (Jake)   The Prayers Hospital Walls Hear (Jake) EmptyWed Jul 22, 2015 4:53 pm

Every time Jake smiled there was a small pang in Veronika’s heart; it was hard to imagine that there would ever be a chance that she could lose that smile. She mentally catalogued the smile and the stark relief that was flooding her system. She mentally promised to try and always be there for him, to the best of her extent.

Anytime,” she murmured smiling tearily at him, and vowing to keep up with that promise.

Thank the gods for that then,” she mumbled smiling and rubbing at her eyes with her free hand really glad that she hadn’t put on all that much make up this morning so barely any of her make-up was smudged, the mascara was to be expected so she rubbed at the undersides of her eyes the best she could to try and get rid of the remnants.

When the Healer walked in, she felt her face flush as she settled back into her seat. She felt ridiculous standing and figured the best thing to do was sit down and just patiently wait by Jake’s side. However she couldn’t bring herself to let go of his hand, it felt like an anchor keeping her there with him and not drifting off into nightmares of the could’ve’s.

She wanted to chastise him for laughing when she saw him wince and stopped the urge in her free hand to dart out and rub soothing circles into where he was hurt.

I’ll do it,” she volunteered readily once the Healer said it, putting on her best stern face gave a pointed glance at Jake before smiling at the Healer who glanced at her. “I won’t be much longer, promise.

Veronika didn’t care that maybe it wasn’t right that she was here. She’d lost too much before… She wasn’t willing to let the Gods take anymore from her. So she just nodded and reveled in his smile after the Healer lift.

Of course, now rest up,” she let go of his hand then, amazed at how bereft her hand felt without his intertwined with it, and pressed a kiss to his forehead and then his nose. Silently she vowed that she would try her best not to let a good thing slip by her, and Jake Newbury was definitely a good thing by her definition.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Prayers Hospital Walls Hear (Jake)   The Prayers Hospital Walls Hear (Jake) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Prayers Hospital Walls Hear (Jake)
Page 1 of 1