Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
The Godfather (Jake) Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
The Godfather (Jake) Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
The Godfather (Jake) Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
The Godfather (Jake) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
The Godfather (Jake) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

The Godfather (Jake)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

The Godfather (Jake) Empty
PostSubject: The Godfather (Jake)   The Godfather (Jake) EmptySun Feb 07, 2016 8:26 pm

Tad took a deep breath. This was the day he had been waiting for for a while now. The day Veronika had told him he was the godfather had freaked him out a little bit. He wasn't sure if he was the type that could be a good influence on something so small, but that was why he needed to change. That was why he found himself nervously pacing In front of Jake and Veronikas apartment building in Scotland. He had been making excuses to go and see the child, but now he had run out of them and had no choice. Veronika would surly let him go if he didn't go and meet her child. He almost didn't because of Jake getting in his head. He knew the lad didn't like him, and he wasn't sure why. Jake had Veronika. Tad had Lettie. There was no competition. Now any feelings that he had towards Veronika in the past where gone. His feelings belonged to Lettie.

Tad was nervous. He had never actually held a child before. He was an only child, had no siblings, and no cousins to speak of. Tad had never even held a child and he was scared to death he would break it. Maybe Veronika wouldn't be offended if he just went and looked at it. If she told him to hold the kid, he could make up some excuse. She wouldn't by it, but at least he wouldn't endanger the kid. And then there was the problem of Jake. Tad knew for some reason with him around that he probably wouldn't be allowed to hold him anyways. Even if Veronika was present. Which just made him angry. Tad hadn't even met the guy, and already he was a threat to him and Veronikas relationship. Tad just had to get into the guys head that he had everything. Tad wasn't going to take anything away from him. Especially the baby.

Tad had every mind to turn around and walk away from Veronikas life forever. But what would that prove? That the kids godfather was a coward? That Jake was right all along? That tad had zero feelings? It would prove everyone right. Tad was slowly suffering inside and he didn't want anyone to know. Not even Lettie. He couldn't let her see that side of him. He couldn't let even Veronika see that side of him. He had to put on an act. An act that said "everything is alright" and the other one "I'm changing and becoming a better person." He thought that the more he played pretend, the more it would actually become a reality. Kind of like a reverse psychology on himself.

Tad took another breath and walked up the stairs to their floor. He stood and looked at the long hallway that seemed to go on for miles. It was just a few more steps. Just a few more steps then he could face his fear and go home and drown himself in a bottle of bourbon. He took a few steps towards their apartment. He stood at the door for a while wondering if he should really knock. If he should really change his life. But yes. It was for her. Everything he had done from that point on had been for her. He could do this one last thing. Meeting her son shouldn't be that big of a deal. It should be a momentous occasion. So why did he feel like shitting himself right then and there when he raised his hand to the door and knocked? And why did his face go white when it wasn't her that answered the door but her fiancé or whatever it's called? He ran a hand threw his hair and said, "she's not here isn't she?" Maybe this was some evil plot to get Jake and Tad to bond. But he would tell her straight up that it wouldn't work. They had too much in common and that one, now two things where her and the baby.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

Birthday : 1992-08-13
Job/hobbies : Auror & DADA Professor

PostSubject: Re: The Godfather (Jake)   The Godfather (Jake) EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 7:48 pm

Ivan was four months old now, and he was growing so quickly that Jake hadn't really comprehended everything that had gone on. Everything was going so quickly, and yet Jake savoured every moment of it. The fear he'd felt with his new born child had long since been forgotten, Veronika had helped him with every step, from how to hold Ivan to feeding him without giving him too much wind. How to burp Ivan after meals and how to change nappies.

They'd worked through all of it together, and in truth, Jake had fallen deeper in love with his fiance because of their child and their new dynamic.

That wasn't to say being a father was easy, of course it wasn't. There was the lack of sleep, the worry when you finally got off to sleep that Ivan might choke on something, or his blankets get tangled. There were the times when you got home to find the house a mess, the fridge almost empty and Ivan crying his lungs out, when you simply wanted to sleep but you couldn't.

That, Jake had learnt, was what being a parent was about. Putting yourself last and your child first. Giving them everything they need, and then getting yourself what you needed.

But, no matter how tired, or how hard it got, Jake would not have changed any of it for the world.

Today was a good day. Ivan was settled, Jake had tidied the house in Veronika's absence, the fridge was stocked from the home delivery that had come only two hours ago, and he had had a good night's sleep the night before, and he didn't have to work until that evening. Veronika had slipped out to see some friends, and Jake was left in charge.

He'd just finished giving Ivan his bottle that afternoon, and was gently trying to wind him when a knock came at the door. It was odd, Jake was not expecting any company. Perhaps Victoria had come over on a study break to see her nephew? Or perhaps Scarlett was calling over, as promised.

But, when Jake opened the door, it was neither of them, nor anyone Jake had been expecting at all.

Before him stood a man that Jake knew only in passing and from what Veronika had told him. Thaddeus Greer. Jake was cautious of the man, due to the past he and Veronika had. He trusted his fiance, but he knew the workings of the male mind. Married, or no, there had been feelings there once, and Jake was skeptical of the other man's intentions.

What had made it worse, however, was that Veronika had wanted Thaddeus as Godfather. Whilst Jake hadn't made an open objection to it, he wasn't sure a man he'd never met would be the best person to leave his son's life entrusted to, should anything happen to him and Veronika.

"Thaddeus." Jake greeted, moving aside for the man to come in. "Veronika isn't here, but you can come in." He said, trying to be welcoming, even if he was still uncertain. There were rumours of the man's teaching, too. But Jake didn't know if they held any merit. "What brings you here?" Jake asked, closing the door behind him and showing Thaddeus through to the lounger where he sat down, cuddling his son but watching the other man.

~ Auror ~ Profile ~ DADA Professor ~
~ In a Relationship ~ 36 ~ Father ~ 6' ~ American Accent ~
The Godfather (Jake) Rsz_1j10
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsandbeyond.forumotion.co.uk
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Godfather (Jake)   The Godfather (Jake) EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 8:28 pm

Tad had conqured phase one. He felt semi proud of himself as Veronikas fiancé let him in the door. He took a couple breaths to calm his nerves as it looked like that Veronika wasn't even home. Jake had shut the door and they where going to sit down in the living room. Tad didn't realize that in Jakes arms was the baby boy. Once he realized that Jake had the baby, Tads nerves got worse. Tad had thought that Veronika would be here. At least she would joke about his nerves and not make them worse like the fiancé was currently doing. Tad said, "Its Tad by the way. Thaddeus is such a stupid name. And I thought Veronika would be here... She wanted me to meet the child..."

Tad wasn't sure if he was comfortable calling the little boy his "godson". It felt strange. Tad wasn't even sure if he trusted himself with the kid. And he knew one hundred percent by the way Jake was looking at him that Jake didn't trust him either. Tad said, "I'm not sure why she chose me... I haven't exactly been there for her the past couple of months... Do you know why?" He honestly was curious. He wasn't even sure if Lettie trusted him, so he didn't know why Veronika would.

Now Tad was onto phase two. Accepting the fact that Veronika wasn't his anymore, and that he still had to be in her life even though he couldn't fully have her as his. That was going to be the hardest phase. Maybe this phase he could break up into separate parts. He had accepted the fact that she had a child. Now that it was with another man, that would be hard. But he was willing to change even though he couldn't fully have her as his. He just wanted her in his life.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: The Godfather (Jake)   The Godfather (Jake) EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 8:59 pm

"Tad." Jake echoed when the other man corrected him. When the other said his full name was stupid, Jake didn't comment. Old fashioned, the name might be, but Jake didn't think it was a stupid name. Though, he wasn't going to give his opinion, because he doubted very much that it would make a difference either way.

"Veronika is out with her girl friends." Jake replied to his answer of Veronika being here. "She deserved a break from being such a good mum, so I'm looking after Ivan until she gets home, then I'm off to work again." He explained, though he didn't really need to explain himself at all, not really.

"She wanted you to meet the child four months ago." Jake replied to the obvious comment on meeting Ivan. Why else would Veronika have chosen Tad to be Godfather if not to see him? Perhaps Tad was merely dumb, and hadn't quite figured that out? Jake wasn't sure, truth be told, but he hadn't really understood why Tad hadn't come around sooner.

"I'm not sure why she chose me... I haven't exactly been there for her the past couple of months... Do you know why?"

Jake had to bite his tongue for a moment, there were things he wanted to say. Like how he could have picked a better godfather out of one of his friends. Who would have made an effort to see their godson already. But, for the sake of Veronika, Jake didn't say this. Veronika had chosen Tad for a reason - despite Jake's counter offers of his friends - and he respected the decision. "I honestly don't know why she chose you, Tad. You were her option, and seeing as I had choice of Godmother, I couldn't argue against it. Even if you haven't been here, she seems to think you'll make a good Godfather. Though, I'm not sure if it's me who needs more convincing, or you." Jake told him, his tone showing that he was not impressed with the other man's display until now with his responsibility.

"However, and I will warn you, because it's my place. If you so much as try to teach my son anything bad, I will hang you up by your feet in the Great Hall at Hogwarts. And the same goes if you should upset Veronika, too. She has enough to deal with with our child without you making things complicated." Jake insisted, his face showing he was serious before he looked down to his son. He was only being fierce because he was protective of the two of them. Likely he would have told any man the same.

Except... Tad didn't look like he wanted to be here at all.

And that didn't sit well with Jake.

"If you don't think you're up to it, though, I can tell Veronika you wish for us to find someone else."

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Godfather (Jake)   The Godfather (Jake) EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 9:55 pm

Tads heart fell into his stomach at Jakes words. He wasn't sure what to think anymore. He was now sure that Veronikas fiancé didn't Have much hope for him in either roll he played in Veronikas life. He wasn't sure if Jake had hope in the role he now played for his son. But that just motivated him 10 times more. He said, "no I'm up for it. I'm just a little nervous meeting him for the first time...and I thought Veronika would be here. And I haven't exactly met you yet... Sooo." He was making excuses like he always did. But at least it got him out of trouble sometimes.

Tad was now realizing that his life was now all about excuses. When he cut his lessons short it was because "there where only two students" it would be alright. Was that the only reason? When he didn't visit Veronika for four months "Lettie was keeping him busy around the house" it wasn't like he couldn't say hi to her at school or anything. Tad continued, " I want you to know, that nothing has happened with me and her. I won't lie and say I haven't thought about it... But I care too much to hurt her, and I know I would've eventually if something had happened. So that's why I'm glad you are here. You stopped me from hurting my best friend."

Tad wasn't sure if his little speech would change Jakes mind about him or make it worse. But at least he was trying. And that's all he could do. He leaned over to look at the little guy. Ivan. That was his name. Tad looked at the little sleeping baby and instantly his world turned upside down. Upside down in a good way. Tad now knew that nothing else mattered but the little baby in Jakes arms. He would do anything in his power to keep him safe. Phase two completed.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: The Godfather (Jake)   The Godfather (Jake) EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 4:04 pm

OOC: I'm sorry, Jake has been flat out refusing to reply to Tad - then I forgot about this post - but I have replied now! Forgive me xD!

"Ivan's just a baby - honestly he doesn't have a clue who you are unless you're around him a lot." Jake explained - being somewhat factual rather than critical. "He likes Veronika the most though." He added, and he was fine with that. A mother was always going to be closer because they carried the child, fed it and... well, Veronika spent much more time with Ivan that Jake did due to his work.

"And as for meeting me, we're colleagues, Tad." Jake reminded the man with a small laugh. "That, and I'm not that bad. If you make an effort, I'll make an effort, you understand?" He prompted, because Jake was not going to be the legs of any friendship they might be able to make, if Tad wanted to be friends, great. If not, Jake was also fine with that too.

The information on Tad and Veronika made Jake laugh softly.

"Honestly, whatever happened between you two in the past is not my business. So long as you don't try anything now, I don't care what happened then. Yes, I'll be wary of you, as any man might. But I trust Veronika, Tad, I know she wouldn't do anything like that." Jake responded, making it known that whilst Jake was confident nothing would happen, he wasn't going to be stupid enough to rule out the possibility of Tad trying something. "She's happy, though, so I trust that'll keep your mind purely on friendship."

Ivan stirred in Jake's arms, and the Auror looked down, checking he wasn't going to make a fuss, but he was only moving in his sleep. "Would you like to hold your Godson?" Jake asked the man across the room. If Tad was here, he had at least shown an interest, but Jake was still dubious. It would take some convincing for him not to be. But Jake was at least trying to show good faith.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Godfather (Jake)   The Godfather (Jake) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Godfather (Jake)
Page 1 of 1