Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
In Hopes of New Friends (OPEN)  Emptyby Tessa Greene Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:19 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
In Hopes of New Friends (OPEN)  Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
In Hopes of New Friends (OPEN)  Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
In Hopes of New Friends (OPEN)  Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
In Hopes of New Friends (OPEN)  Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

In Hopes of New Friends (OPEN)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

In Hopes of New Friends (OPEN)  Empty
PostSubject: In Hopes of New Friends (OPEN)    In Hopes of New Friends (OPEN)  EmptyWed Jul 15, 2015 5:49 pm

Phillip woke up that Saturday morning with not much excitement in his veins. Corie needed to study for a test and was going to do so with Caelan and he knew he should be joining them, but mid-way through the walk to the library he made the realization that if he went to the library he'd be bored and irritate them all. So he gave them both a two fingered salute and headed towards the Quidditch Pitch instead, once he was there he found himself instantly calmer. Phillip loved Mother Nature and Scottland was the place he wanted to stay for the rest of his life. Well not with his parents, that wasn't okay with him, and he didn't quite know what he wanted to do for the rest of his life but he thought it might have something to do with creatures. Magical creatures were both parts beautiful and scary and he adored that.

However he hadn't thought to bring his broom to the Quidditch Pitch (though that didn't mean he wasn't the brightest bulb in the closet) so he settled instead for lying back onto the grass with arms behind his head. At the sound of footsteps approaching he raised his head, excited now at the prospect of making a new friend.

"Hey," he greeted, "I'm Phil," he added, "just chilling too before you ask, so you're free to join." He grinned to show his enthusiasm.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: In Hopes of New Friends (OPEN)    In Hopes of New Friends (OPEN)  EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 2:22 pm

Nirek had, thankfully, gotten himself in to the Quidditch team this year, and it had gone quite well. The Quidditch cup was still up to grabs, and his role on the team had made him more popular in the Gryffindor tower at least.

Today was the day that he would practice up in the skies by himself. His parents had paid out for a new broomstick for him, not that he was very thankful as it had been a second hand 'new' broom. Stepping out on to the pitch, Nirek hadn't seen the boy who was led down staring up at the sky, so he jumped a little - though not noticeably - at the sound of the voice. Frowning a little in the boy's direction, Nirek thought of ignoring him for a moment, and then thought better of it.

The smile on the boy's face was much too hopeful, and Nirek put him down as a younger year. "Nirek." He replied to the boy in introduction of himself. "Why did you come here if you wanted to relax? Odd choice." The older Gryffindor asked, trying not to be hostile but wondering if there was something else going on around him that he needed to be aware of.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: In Hopes of New Friends (OPEN)    In Hopes of New Friends (OPEN)  EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 6:50 pm

Phil didn’t think too much about making friends with older kids. Sometimes it happened, like there was this kinda cool Ravenclaw sixth year that he talked to sometimes about broom fixtures. That was cool. Then there were first years that were fun to talk to. He liked his first year friends infinitely more, however, since they tended to help him do his homework and whatnot. Not to mention Naomi was a year older wasn’t she? She was pretty great. Age didn’t make a lick of difference to him in terms of who he befriended.

But he could easily guess who that was.

He was a Gryffindor, and older than him; Phil had seen him around the Gryffindor Common Room on his way to bed after hanging out with his friends around the school grounds. Phil didn't usually care for gossip or the like, but Nirek was well known amongst the Gryffindor's. He'd seen him too during the Quidditch games.

"You're a Chaser right? For the Gryffindor Quidditch team?" He added "I'm a first year Gryffindor, but I've seen you around." He then remembered to answer the question.

"I like the way it looks out here, and since there's not a lot of people around it's even more peaceful. Plus good memories," he thought for a moment of all the Quidditch games he and his siblings had gone to with his mum in support of his dad and felt his heart warm for a minute, "but if I'm interrupting your practice or something I can move up to the stands." He didn't know if First Years were allowed to fly without supervision but with the detentions he'd already had he figured it was best not to find out. Angry letters from mum may as well have been Howlers, since he could almost hear her chastising. Any letters from dad would be terrifying.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: In Hopes of New Friends (OPEN)    In Hopes of New Friends (OPEN)  EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 7:17 pm

Nirek simply raised an eyebrow at the question of his position on the team. Pretty much everybody knew that he was on the team, which led the Gryffindor boy to the conclusion that this boy was a nobody.

"Yeah, I'm Chaser." Nirek replied after a moment, deciding not to be too hard on the kid. Though, it would probably be the only time he would let anyone get away with it. Most likely because the boy had redeemed himself by saying he'd seen him around.

The answer to his question though was one that made Nirek scoff a little inwardly. It sounded so... weird that he simply couldn't believe an eleven year old - or possibly twelve, he didn't know or care - had said it. "Right..." Nirek responded, shaking his head and looking across the pitch to try to decide what he would be doing that day.

But the kid added something else, and Nirek shook his head. "Stay there if you want." He murmured, before thinking again. "Do you fly?" He asked, looking around them before motioning to the broom cupboard. "You can get a broom out if you're quick, the teachers never notice." Nirek told them, though it mostly went unnoticed because Professor Newbury didn't lock the cupboard, because the idiot was much too trusting.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: In Hopes of New Friends (OPEN)    In Hopes of New Friends (OPEN)  EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 7:59 pm

Phil’s chest puffed in pride as he realized he was right. Phil was an overtly optimistic kid and the simplest things made him happy. For instances the other day he was able to write his name in perfect cursive and so even when Corienna was too busy to hang out with him or when he got mud on the curtails of his robes he didn’t even flinch. He was happy he did good.

That’s cool, how long have you been flying?” He asked casually, happily glancing over before looking back at the view that the Pitch gave him. Phil nodded. He was calm today, which was unusual for how he typically was.

Yeah, ever since I was old enough to fly I’ve been, it’s kinda a family thing,” he answered smiling and then shrugging, before following his gaze to the cupboard and grinning. “I can do that.” Within a matter of moments he was able to grab one and mounted it, he waited though. “Mind if I fly with you?”  
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: In Hopes of New Friends (OPEN)    In Hopes of New Friends (OPEN)  EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 7:55 pm

The question of how long he'd been flying was one that Nirek wasn't overly comfortable with. Hesitating for a moment, he decided to just get on with it. "Only for three years." Nirek told the other boy, he could remember his first flying lesson as if it had been only yesterday. Professor Newbury had taught him to fly, and it had been an exhilarating feeling. But instead of saying this, Nirek played it off as cool. "It wasn't too hard, just like riding a bike." He told the younger Gryffindor with confidence that he could conjure up at the blink of an eye.

The comment on a family thing made Nirek roll his eyes inwardly. Eleven year olds were so difficult to work with in his opinion, and this one seemed to be heading right in that direction. But, at least the kid could follow orders as he went scampering to the cupboard to get a broom.

Mounting his own, Nirek was hovering just off of the ground when the kid got back. Raising an eyebrow at the question, Nirek let out a small sigh and then nodded, reaching around for his bag and pulling out his own Quaffle. "I was going to practice my shooting. You can keep the goal." He told the boy, not caring whether it was a position the other boy could play, or even wanted to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In Hopes of New Friends (OPEN)    In Hopes of New Friends (OPEN)  Empty

Back to top Go down

In Hopes of New Friends (OPEN)
Page 1 of 1