Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Acquaintances, I Suppose (Lux & Nirek) - Page 2 Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Acquaintances, I Suppose (Lux & Nirek) - Page 2 Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Acquaintances, I Suppose (Lux & Nirek) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Acquaintances, I Suppose (Lux & Nirek) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Acquaintances, I Suppose (Lux & Nirek) - Page 2 Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Acquaintances, I Suppose (Lux & Nirek)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Acquaintances, I Suppose (Lux & Nirek) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Acquaintances, I Suppose (Lux & Nirek)   Acquaintances, I Suppose (Lux & Nirek) - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 1:06 pm

The counter argument to his statement made Nirek think for a moment, before realising what she was saying was, quite honestly, very true. Nodding to himself as he realised that, Nirek turned his head to look at the girl. She was clever, of that much he could tell from how she'd been talking.

But did she ever put her brain to work in ways he did? Nirek couldn't be sure.

"I suppose you're right. But, its the adults that are oppressing the most. Really." He countered, pausing only briefly. "I mean, kids have limited power in respect of influence. Whereas... well, the Minister of Magic is Pureblood - it'd be better to take him out than some random kid here, wouldn't it?" He proposed. It was a way of them both coming to an agreement on their views, he supposed.

The off response in how he'd like to die was one that made him uncertain again - Herbology Girl didn't seem to have liked his response, but he'd been honest, he'd rather die quickly, given the choice. But not because he was a coward, because he wasn't, not in his own head.

"The orphanage?" Nirek asked, not realising how insensitive the question might be to someone - his mind was completely off the idea of lightning, much more interested in that nugget of information he'd just been given.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Acquaintances, I Suppose (Lux & Nirek)   Acquaintances, I Suppose (Lux & Nirek) - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 2:08 pm

Lux gave him an are-you-serious look at his suggestion to take out the Minster of Magic. "The Minister of Magic is a much harder target. The Basilisks would have to have a flawless plan and pull it off perfectly. It's too much work and too much risk of damage to themselves," Lux said thoughtfully.

"Plus, attacking a place like this is making a sort of statement - making people aware of their presence and the fact that they can easily attack a wizarding school," she continued. She figured since most of them were just kids, they wouldn't be able to protect themselves the way adults could. It was almost like killing two birds with one stone. Eradicate purebloods and without dying themselves. A scaredy-cat move but a smart one to keep their asses safer.

When Nirek mentioned the orphanage, Lux felt her heart stop for a moment and all her muscles freeze in place before returning to normal a few second later as she stared berating herself. Stupid, stupid, stupid! How careless! I can't believe you let that out! You should be ashamed of yourself, Lux.

Keeping a nonchalant look on her face, she gave a impassive shrug to show she didn't care. "I grew up in an orphanage," she said. Throughout her life, she'd pestered the supervisors to give her information on her birth parents but they couldn't give her what they didn't have. Lux sometimes wondered how she would have turned out if her parents hadn't dumped her. Would she have been sweet and caring instead of dark and domineering?

But who cared anyway? She liked how she turned out and it was no use feeling hurt over being abandoned. It wouldn't bring her parents back and it would waste precious time she could be using for other purposes.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Acquaintances, I Suppose (Lux & Nirek)   Acquaintances, I Suppose (Lux & Nirek) - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 2:26 pm

Herbology Girl was right when she said that the Minister of Magic would be a harder target that kids, Nirek knew that much. "Still, it would make a better statement than killing kids." Nirek replied even though he understood the message the Basilisks were trying to send.

"It just seems a bit cowardly, to me. Killing kids when there aren't many people to protect them." Nirek finished, giving a small shrug of his shoulders. "It's just not what I'd have done." He concluded, though exactly what he would have done he wasn't sure.

There was a small pause when he asked about the orphanage, though Nirek wasn't concentrating on the Slytherin so he didn't notice anything that did or did not happen with her. He was busy looking at the next item in the cabinets, something boring that he didn't look at for longer than reading what it was.

"I grew up in an orphanage,"

"Oh." Was all Nirek responded to that, allowing himself a few moments. He would have said 'sorry' out of politeness, but it wasn't his fault, so he didn't bother with that route, instead he just gave her a small smile. "It doesn't make much difference who or where you come from when you come here." Nirek added, turning back to her. "We all have to make our own way when we come to Hogwarts, some people get on the right track from the word go, others falter and lose out.

"I'm sure it could be said we're both on the former. We know where were going, after all." Nirek explained, turning to the list in the middle of the room, engraved on to a huge tablet of stone.

Order of Merlin, First Class

"That, is going to have my name on it, one day." Nirek insisted, looking at the stone with a determined expression on his features. "One way or another, my name will be on there."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Acquaintances, I Suppose (Lux & Nirek)   Acquaintances, I Suppose (Lux & Nirek) - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 1:15 pm

"Yea," Lux responded, her tone noncommittal. She knew what he meant and could see it from his point of view but he didn't need to know that she agreed with him. She needed to have the upper hand and acquiescing to him did not sit well with her.

She brushed off his comment of the bravado - or lack thereof - of the Basilisks and instead focused on his last sentence. She was curious as to what he thought he would do if he were in their position. She'd also get a glimpse into his personality and how his mind worked."What would you have done?" she asked.

She waited for his response regarding the orphanage with bated breath, hoping that he wouldn't ask questions about how she ended up there or dig further to find out the many many foster homes she'd been to. When all he said was "oh" she felt a little relieved then a little angry at what he said next.

"I know that," she snapped. "I don't let my past dictate my future." Did he think she was as soft as that? That she cared what other people thought of her? If she did, she would have been a very different kind of girl from the one she was today.

She wasn't ashamed of where she came from. In fact, she could almost thank her parents for abandoning her because if they didn't, she might have turned into one of those silly girls she despised. But she didn't want to think about her time spent at the orphanage or foster homes. They weren't pleasant.

"Mhmm," she acknowledged. "We are the tougher ones. But plans change. Destinations change to. We can plan out our life but it inevitably changes. The future cannot be set in stone."

Lux caught a glimpse of what was written on the stone and chuckled. "High ambitions," she commented. "Think you have what it takes to achieve it?"

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Acquaintances, I Suppose (Lux & Nirek)   Acquaintances, I Suppose (Lux & Nirek) - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 5:51 pm

The question of what Nirek would have done made the Gryffindor pause, trying not to look too out of place but probably failing in that moment. "Well... I..." But Nirek paused, giving a small shrug. "I guess I would target a Pureblood function of some description - they're always having them." He pointed out, giving himself a little more time to think. "Then you wouldn't have to worry about other people getting in your way... and BOOM." The Gryffindor explained, making and exploding motion with his hand and grinning towards the witch.

"Quick, and simple."

As Herbology Girl snapped at him, Nirek raised an eyebrow, shaking his head. "Not what I meant." He muttered, but let it go because it wasn't really worth arguing over to him. Who cared where anyone came from, anyway?

When asked if he believed he had the skills to achieve the Order of Merlin First Class, Nirek nodded without hesitation. "Of course, I just have to work out exactly what I'm going to do to achieve it." Nirek replied, not being even the slightest bit put off of his ambition with her reply. Herbology Girl's opinion was not one that mattered to him, so whether she believed he could, or could not do something was irrelevant.

"What about you?" Nirek semi-demanded in the next moment, looking over at the witch with a raised eyebrow. "What do you plan on achieving?" It was slightly defensive, but most inquisitive how Nirek had asked, if she took offence, well that was her problem, not his.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Acquaintances, I Suppose (Lux & Nirek)   Acquaintances, I Suppose (Lux & Nirek) - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 20, 2015 3:29 am

[[OOC: Sorry it's took me so long to reply Embarassed . It's been a crazy week for me.]]

Lux listened to what Nirek thought he would do if he were in the Basilisks position. "That's quite a good idea," she said. "But they might get more resistance though since there are more adults who can fight back and all." With students, there would be less risk to the Basilisk since obviously the students were still learning how to use magic. But Nirek's idea was good nevertheless.

When Nirek let the subject of the orphanage go, Lux exhaled a quiet sigh of relief. She wasn't ashamed of her background. No. In fact, she took pride in it, especially the large number of foster homes she'd been to. It showed her rebellious side.

The only problem she had with people knowing she grew up in an orphanage was that it tainted her reputation as being fearsome. When people knew her parents dumped her, she was no longer the person younger years kowtowed to. No. Suddenly, everyone pitied her. "The poor dear, abandoned by her parents, growing up without love in an orphanage, jumping from one foster parent to the next, no stability in her life. Lux hated pity and needed none of it.

"And have you done that? Worked out what you're going to do to achieve the Order of Merlin First Class?" Lux asked. She was curious. He was the first person she met who had such ambitious goals. She didn't doubt that he had what it took. Anybody could do it if they preserved long and hard enough.

"World dominance," she answered, her tone sarcastic. "Nah. I want to be the best Auror ever. I like the work they do and I know I have the skills for it." Aurors got to be in the middle of action and that was just what Lux needed. She constantly needed stimulation and excitement in her life. Stagnant blood did not agree with her.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Acquaintances, I Suppose (Lux & Nirek)   Acquaintances, I Suppose (Lux & Nirek) - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 24, 2015 8:48 pm

(OOC: No worries! My apologies back, I have been ill and have absolutely no energy to post! But, I am powering through!)

"Where's the fun in fighting people who can't defend themselves?" Nirek countered casually, smiling a little to himself. He might not be a violent person, but he understood that the greater thrill came from harder targets. It was only a pity that the Gryffindor could not see the irony in his own statement in that moment, considering he bullied a Ravenclaw who had no back bone in regards of fun.

"Not a clue." Nirek replied honestly when he was asked how he planned on getting the award. "It has to be something remarkable though. I'll find a way, I know that much."

The Gryffindor let out a soft chuckle at the comment of world dominance. Nobody could dominate the world, it was silly. But he caught on to the sarcasm, and laughed because he could.

"Nah. I want to be the best Auror ever. I like the work they do and I know I have the skills for it."

"And you said I had high ambitions." Nirek replied, smirking. "You think you can out do Professor Newbury?" The boy asked, seeing if she thought herself much. "Not quite a legend yet, but I hear he's gotten a number of battle scars. Rumours, I think, but I couldn't tell you which ones were fables and which were truthful. Or even Mad-Eye Moody? No, I don't think you could out do him. He was sensational."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Acquaintances, I Suppose (Lux & Nirek)   Acquaintances, I Suppose (Lux & Nirek) - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2015 2:03 pm

[008b8b]Lux pondered his statement for a moment. "True, but the Basilisks wouldn't want to risk losing their own people if a fight broke out," she replied slowly. " But I think that the bigger the fight, the better." There would be more action and she dearly needed stimulation in a hum drum life of classes and homework.

"Well, good luck getting there," she answered, her tone slightly mocking though she meant it to be sincere. She couldn't have people thinking that she actually had a soft spot deep down in the dark abyss of her heart. That wouldn't do.

Lux shrugged nonchalantly at his question. "Who can say? I'm not afraid of a good fight and when I want something, I don't hold back," she commented. "And I'm not looking to out do anyone though given the opportunity, I would take it. Right now, the thing to do is to out do myself." That was how a person progressed in anything at all. It wasn't by competing with someone; it was by competing with oneself. It was how Lux climbed the food chain and it was the method she intended to use to get to the top in reality.[/color]
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Acquaintances, I Suppose (Lux & Nirek)   Acquaintances, I Suppose (Lux & Nirek) - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 9:40 pm

OOC: Sorry for the late reply!

Nirek smiled a little at the idea of a big fight. Though, he gave a small shrug. "I think the Ministry will stop them soon enough, so I'm not that worried." Nirek explained, giving a small shrug. After all, it would only be a matter of time before the ring leaders got caught, and then the sheep that followed them would disappear from where they came.

Herbology girl's idea on the only person you could out do was yourself made Nirek laugh. Before he could think about not doing so. Shaking his head as he caught himself - amusement still clear on his lips, the Gryffindor managed to reply. "That's a pointless competition. Aim higher. Something harder."

Though, the only reason he found it funny was because he couldn't understand the logic in which she'd spoken. Heading towards the door, Nirek paused as he was about to let himself out. "I guess I should wish you luck, too, in trying to beat yourself." He quipped, letting himself out of the room, and off to find something else to entertain himself for the rest of the day.

It could not be denied, however, that Nirek did find the whole idea of having yourself as your only target one of the most amusing, and yet intriguing concepts he had ever come across.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Acquaintances, I Suppose (Lux & Nirek)   Acquaintances, I Suppose (Lux & Nirek) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Acquaintances, I Suppose (Lux & Nirek)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2