Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Cat and Mouse (Madison) Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Cat and Mouse (Madison) Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Cat and Mouse (Madison) Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Cat and Mouse (Madison) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Cat and Mouse (Madison) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Cat and Mouse (Madison)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Cat and Mouse (Madison) Empty
PostSubject: Cat and Mouse (Madison)   Cat and Mouse (Madison) EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 2:46 pm

After finishing her work in potions class, Anya began making her way down the hall. Potions was not one of her favorite classes, but she was not particularly bad at it. She mainly disliked the precise-ness of it all. She was not very used to being told exactly what to do and exactly when and how long to do it. She did like the fact that potions did not require partner work most of the time.

She usually ended up doing all of the work in groups, because the Hufflepuff was not a fan of using the word "no." People were killed over the word "no." She did not like how most people reacted to the word, so she usually agreed to do most of the work in a group. She usually did not mind doing all of the work, but she did wish that some people would be kind enough as to offer their help.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Cat and Mouse (Madison)   Cat and Mouse (Madison) EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 2:54 pm

School was ... an annoyance. Not the interaction with people part, but the homework and assignments. She could be spending her time building connections and meeting people and forming a network, but instead, she was stuck doing work that she knew she could easily do. What was the point? None. So, Madison had been putting her eyes and ears and knowledge to good use and finding people to manipulate into doing her work for her - and her sister, should Melody choose so.

After talking around and scouting, she had found one very reliable source for her potions work. Before, it hadn't been that big of a deal to just do potion work by herself, but as of late, it was getting more complex and tedious, and it wasn't as though Madison didn't know how to make the thing; how hard was it to follow a list of simple instructions?

It was a waste of time when she could be playing Nirek or hanging out with Finley.

So, that was why, after potions class one day, she waited till she spotted her target and carefully approached, making sure to keep her demeanour friendly. "Hey," she greeted, falling into place beside the witch. "Anya, right? I'm Madison." Chances were, the girl already knew who she was, after all, Maddie already had a reputation.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Cat and Mouse (Madison)   Cat and Mouse (Madison) EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 3:06 pm

As she was walking forward, a blonde girl made her way over to Anya. She had seen this girl around before, usually accompanied by large groups of people, but she and Anya had never made direct communication.

"Anya, right? I'm Madison."

Madison. She had heard the name around, but she hadn't connected it to the seemingly kind-enough girl that stood before her. Anya held out a hand. "Nice to meet you, Madison." she said softly. "Is Madi okay?" She asked. Nicknames had always been something that Anya was fond of. She found that each name a person had depicted a different side of their character.

Anastasiya was what her mother and father had addressed her as. it was proper and it sounded beautiful when it escaped their lips, but it had been tarnished. Anastasiya was a girl who had lost her mother , not because she had fought for her life and lost, but because she fled a life that was too hard. Sometimes Anya wished that she had died. Bastard Child was usually who she was to her father nowadays, though they barely spoke. Anya wanted to make people happy. she hoped that maybe one day Anya could make her happy.

"I'm a fan of nicknames," she added.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Cat and Mouse (Madison)   Cat and Mouse (Madison) EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 3:19 pm

She took the offered hand, squeezing just hard enough to make it seem like she was being genuine before letting go. Nicknames weren't really her thing - her name was Madison, and unless you knew her well enough to call her friend, Madison was what you called her - but in this case, she let it go. After all, she needed the witch before her, and making the Hufflepuff comfortable and at ease was the best way to get what she wanted.

"Of course you can," she replied cheerfully, smiling along with her words. No, there was nothing real about the Slytherin, but she was so good that hardly anybody would be able to tell this. Josh had been one exception, but then again, she had been mentored by him, so there was always that aspect of having to be (somewhat) open to him. Besides, lying to Josh Murray would have not been a good idea, and even though she had long since moved on from learning under him, she never forgot the things he taught her. Valuable lessons, she often put them to use in her daily life.

But Josh was Josh, and she highly doubted that there were any others like him in school. He had been different, and now that he was well and truly gone from Hogwarts and the surrounding areas, Hogwarts was hers for the taking.

Slipping out a packet of sweets from her slingbag, she held it out towards the girl. "Want one?" she offered, taking one herself and popping it in her mouth. She let a few seconds of silence pass, then continued with her planned speech. "Hey, I don't mean to pry, but I heard from a friend of a friend that one of my girls has been calling you names. I wanted to check if this was true, because if it was, I need to have some serious words with her." This probably wasn't true, for Maddie had made it up completely as a means to establish a basis for a conversation and friendship. It was also a way to get Anya thinking that Maddie was a nice and caring person.

And, on the off chance it was true - Maddie allowed her posse of girls to have their pick of targets, as long as it wasn't one Maddie already had her sights on - it wouldn't be hard to get the word out that Anya was her property and get her girl to apologise.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Cat and Mouse (Madison)   Cat and Mouse (Madison) EmptyTue Apr 05, 2016 12:12 am

"Thank you," Anya smiled, taking a sweet from the bag. Madi seemed nice enough, though most Slytherins seemed nice enough at first. They were rumoured to be backstabbing jerks. Maybe Madi was an exception to the Slytherin stereotype, though. Maybe she would turn out to be just the kind of friend Anya needed. Anya did not have any real friends. She had never been the type of girl who had crowds of people around her, like Madi was.

"Nobody has said anything mean to me," Anya responded to the allegation. "Nobody really says much to me at all." That was the good thing about not having many friends. She could get pretty much anywhere unseen. Sometimes it was as if she was a ghost. She didn't mind being a ghost. Being unnoticed was better than being unwanted. Of course, being wanted was better than both of the previous options, but Anya was positive that being wanted was off of the table.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Cat and Mouse (Madison)   Cat and Mouse (Madison) EmptyTue Apr 05, 2016 1:24 am

It surprised Madison how stupid some people could be. It would be so ridiculously easy to poison someone, considering they seemed to accept edible items from practical strangers. She had run countless experiments before, offering different things to different people at random, figuring out the best way to get them to accept things without questions; casual movements and off-handed comments seemed to be the thing that did the trick the most. It would have been so easy to sprinkle powder or drop a little potion onto the sweets before handing them out.

But, of course, that was so easy it was child's play, and so Madison dismissed the idea, instead filing it away in case she ever needed to use the method, but overall preferring a challenge. What was the fun if anyone could do it?

Nodding at Anya's words, Madison smiled. "That's a relief," she commented. "You know how rumours spread; I had to make sure it wasn't true. I would feel so bad if one of my girls was bullying you!" Keeping her tone casual and conversational, she nevertheless had chosen her words with care - as she did with everything she did and said - to come across as genuinely nice. It wasn't too hard; people tended to believe what they wanted to, and it was clear to anyone that the witch before her wanted acceptance and people to care.

And Madison Bishop was very good at being whatever people wanted her to be in order to get things.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Cat and Mouse (Madison)   Cat and Mouse (Madison) EmptyTue Apr 05, 2016 3:34 pm

"Thank you for checking on whether it was true or not," Anya smiled. "I would hate for someone to be called out for something they didn't do. False accusations are honestly the worst." She remembered one time before her mother left. Her father had eaten the last of the chocolate chip cookies her mother had made, but he had told her it was Anya. Elizabeth was angry for the rest of the night over something that Anya had not even done.

"It must get annoying," Anya gave the Slytherin a look of sympathy. "Having to make sure that everyone whom you acquaint yourself with is really who they say they are. "Wouldn't it be nice to live in a world where status didn't matter?" If status did not matter, he parents would probably still be together and Anya wouldn't feel so alone all of the time.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Cat and Mouse (Madison)   Cat and Mouse (Madison) EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 4:07 am

It was growing clearer with each passing moment that Anya was most definitely a Hufflepuff; really, who cared what was true or not? Didn't the witch know that it wasn't the truth that mattered, but what people believed? If she were to go around telling people that the Hufflepuff was, for example, fond of eating her nose pickings, nobody would question that statement and Maddie would watch as the witch was teased for something she never did.

Truth was relative, and those in power were the ones who controlled it.

But, she said nothing, instead nodding, as if she agreed. "Of course," she commented, although to which statement she was acknowledging was not verbalised. That was one of the tricks of lying; you always kept it vague, because specifics were what caused people to stumble. And, if you did need to include details, ensuring you remembered what you said to which person was the key.

"Wouldn't it be nice to live in a world where status didn't matter?"

The words made Madison want to roll her eyes. Nobody was who they said they were, and that was the fun of it. If everyone was an open book, there would be no challenge, no point of manipulation. And status? That was the most important thing in the world; what was life if everyone was the same? There would be nobody to aspire to be like and nothing to keep others in check.

Those who had the guts to go out and do something would not outshine those who were cowardly, and that just wasn't fair. After all, how were people like her supposed to go through life if they were equal with idiot Hufflepuffs and stupid Gryffindors? To think Nirek was on the same level as her was laughable, but to think she was as powerful as Josh was also something inconceivable. The food chain was important in every habitat, be it in the animal kingdom or in human settings.

"Wouldn't that be something!" she commented, smiling at the witch. Deciding to push a little and source out her original intent, Maddie lightly added, "Wasn't today's lesson hard? I can't seem to get the potion right!"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Cat and Mouse (Madison)   Cat and Mouse (Madison) EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 12:42 pm

"Wasn't today's lesson hard? I can't seem to get the potion right!"

"It wasn't that bad," Anya shook her head slightly, light brown hair shifting to one side of her shoulders and then to the other. "I just wish that it wasn't so matter of fact. I like to have room to think,not to be told what to do and exactly how to do it," She laughed nervously. "I probably sound ridiculous." She figured that any other student would be thrilled to have nothing to do but follow a simple list of directions.

Anya found that creativity often led to a dissatisfaction when it came to things such as potions class. She liked to be able to write stories, though she usually was not the author of her own life.

"Why are you such a pushover?" Her father had asked her once. She hadn't had an answer for him then and she still hadn't found one now. She simply didn't want to disappoint anyone.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Cat and Mouse (Madison)   Cat and Mouse (Madison) EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 12:55 pm

And yet, you're a Hufflepuff, Madison thought dryly. At least they could agree on that one thing, though - being told what to do was irritating. In Maddie's case, it was something that was preposterous to think about, because she was normally the one doing the telling. Of course, most of the time, she presented her requests in such a way that the person felt like they had a choice in the matter and were doing it willingly, but that simply wasn't true.

Then again, it didn't work with everyone, and Maddie frowned internally as she thought of Nirek. She had found a way to temporarily stop the nuisance of a Gryffindor from finding out the truth of Finley and her, but she knew it wouldn't last forever. He had some brains - when he chose to actually use it - and while she was sure she could keep him at bay for at least another year, she had no idea what she could do after.

"That's true," she agreed, not forgetting her current game. Nirek could wait till later, and she pushed her attention back to the female beside her. "No, you don't, I get what you mean. I just can't seem to get it right, though." She paused, frowned in what she knew would appear as uncertainty, then shrugged. "I used to be good at potions but now..." She shrugged again, making sure she kept an eye on the witch to see her reactions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cat and Mouse (Madison)   Cat and Mouse (Madison) Empty

Back to top Go down

Cat and Mouse (Madison)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next