Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Breaking the Rules. (Open.) Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Breaking the Rules. (Open.) Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Breaking the Rules. (Open.) Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Breaking the Rules. (Open.) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Breaking the Rules. (Open.) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Breaking the Rules. (Open.)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Breaking the Rules. (Open.) Empty
PostSubject: Breaking the Rules. (Open.)   Breaking the Rules. (Open.) EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 5:55 am

Though Gabriel wouldn't like to admit it, okay he would always admit it if he was asked, he had a problem with rules and authority. Today he felt like going on a hike, one that could easily land him in serious trouble if he was caught. Which is why he wouldn't....at least he wouldn't try to get caught.

He walked through the boundary from the Hogwarts Grounds into the Forbidden Forest, the trees and sounds made him feel like he was in another word. He'd heard that Centaurs ruled the area, along with Unicorns and Giant Spiders. How great would it be to meet a Centaur? He'd heard they were astronomers, attuned to the cycle of the moons and rotation of the planets.

He pulled out his lighter, striking it a few times before a comforting small flame bobbed around it's metal casing. Gabriel loved fire, more than Quidditch and everything else.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Breaking the Rules. (Open.)   Breaking the Rules. (Open.) EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 6:30 pm

Taylor hated being stuck indoors and much preferred going outside. So whenever she had a chance, she would go outside. Though she didn't like to just go out and wander round the grounds like all of the other students. No. Taylor enjoyed adventures and loved to explore. This meant that she had ventured into the Forbidden Forest and had maybe lost her way a little. But that hadn't phased her.

She had walked further through the Forest until deciding that she had gone far enough and didn't want to get lost there forever. But before going back to school, she had climbed up one of the trees easily and sat down on one of the low branches.

Before long, she saw someone else walk through the clearing. A boy that she recognized from her classes. A fellow Gryffindor. She watched him silently for a little while then gasped when she saw a small flicker. A flame. Biting down on her bottom lip, she called down to him.
"That's dangerous."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Breaking the Rules. (Open.)   Breaking the Rules. (Open.) EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 7:26 am

Gabriel was lost in his own little world, remembering the times he'd been burned by playing with his lighter. It first started small, six was lighting napkins on fire with mum's candles and then by the age of eight he was swiping the lighters from his Uncle who smoked. When he was ten, he nearly set himself on fire by trying to make a wood fire; was also when he found the extent of his talent for Pyrotechnics.

He glanced up at the words 'That's Dangerous.' He rose a brow to the figure in the tree, clasping the lid shut extinguishing the flame and using his hand to block out the sun. "Only for those who haven't played with it before, Miss. Green." He grinned widely, leaning back on his heels.

"Looks like I'm not the only one who hates being told what to do." He called up, snickering a little.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Breaking the Rules. (Open.)   Breaking the Rules. (Open.) EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 5:11 pm

Taylor gave a small smirk and nodded in agreement when he explained that fire was only dangerous if you hadn't used it before. It was true, she had never messed around with fire before. That didn't mean she was scared of it though....just wary."I didn't think fire was the type of thing that you were supposed to 'play' around with." She replied, shrugging down at him.

She leaned forward slightly so that she could see him properly.
"I had double divination. So obviously I came here." She explained. Taylor hated divination and always did her best to avoid the lesson whenever she could. She couldn't actually recall attending a single divination lesson that entire year. "What's your excuse, Mister Mackay?" She questioned.

Taylor then lowered herself down off the branch and swung by her arms for a few seconds before landing on the ground in front of him. She had spent many days of her childhood climbing trees, and had become a bit of an expert at both climbing down and falling down. She straightened her back and looked up at him, a playful grin clear on her face.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Breaking the Rules. (Open.)   Breaking the Rules. (Open.) EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 9:59 pm

Gabriel grinned widely as she talked down to him 'I didn't think fire was something you were supposed to play around with.' He paused for a second at that, technically he wasn't supposed to be playing with the blaze but it didn't stop him.

He just chuckled "I enjoy the destruction and life giving properties of the Blaze." He answered casually rubbing the back of his head "Been playing with it since I was really little."

He listened to her give off the reason she was out here, it was a nice day after all and he couldn't be bothered to be stuck inside or go to the Quidditch Pitch. "Honestly? I just wanted to break some rules." He watched her jump from the tree expertly, landing with almost a sense of grace "That and the types of things you see out here can't be beat, I recall seeing a Unicorn not long ago. Do you like breaking the rules Miss. Green?" He asked with a grin plastered across his features, eyes alight like small balls of fire.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Breaking the Rules. (Open.)   Breaking the Rules. (Open.) EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 11:35 pm

Taylor couldn't help but notice the pause he gave after she pointed out that fire wasn't there to be messed around with. She listened to his answer carefully and nodded again, a curious look on her face. "Somebody who enjoys destruction to the point of endangering themselves must be seriously disturbed." She explained as she tapped the side of her head. "Up here." She added in a hushed tone.

She laughed and started walking past him, circling him really, as if she was examining him- trying to work him out. Once she'd walked a full circle, she stopped still in front of him again.
"Do I like breaking the rules?" She repeated his question, seriously thinking about the answer before giving it. "It's not so much the breaking of the rules. But the adrenaline rush you get when you know that you aren't actually supposed to be doing it. I don't exactly enjoy rule breaking, but I feel that certain rules are very limiting to people such as ourselves. So these rules should be pushed to show that it's against our rights to restrict our actions." She gave him a cheeky smile when she had finished talking. Taylor could go off track very easily, and usually gave very long winded explanations of what she actually meant. She didn't really know why she did it, but supposed it was so that she sounded smarter than she actually was. It probably didn't even come across that way.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Breaking the Rules. (Open.)   Breaking the Rules. (Open.) EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 12:32 am

Gabriel snorted a little, frowning at her with his arms crossed "I think you just called me disturbed." He said with a calm voice, then he shrugged "Guess I could be called worse, I really just like Fire....always have and likely always will." He explained.

He then gave her a lopsided grin, watching her circle him and when she paused he started to do the same thing. He walked carefully around her and at some point even got within arms reach as she explained "Then let me simplify it for you." He whispered in a low voice "You get the thrill of disobedience, the simple act of pushing the bounds it makes you feel good. You say you don't want to break rules to keep up a face, but deep down you love it. Don't you?"

He stood in front of her with a wide smile "I like the way you think though, not rule breaking simply freedom seeking." He stretched out a little, digging into his jacket pocket. "You're more like the Fire than you think. Miss. Green." He said holding out his lighter for her.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Breaking the Rules. (Open.)   Breaking the Rules. (Open.) EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 10:16 pm

"Oh I know that I just called you disturbed."Taylor replied with her smirk still clear on her face. "Fire is a strange thing to like though. I mean, most people like the colour red or water or a certain type of flower. Not Fire." She gave a small shrug as she spoke.

She could help but feel a bit nervous when he copied her action and circled her, even more so when he got closer to her- though she would never let on. She listened to his 'simplified' explanation silently, biting down on her bottom lip. When he asked 'Do you?' she couldn't find the right words to say, so just nodded once. He had guessed it. Within bout five minutes of talking to her.

After a few moments, she got her courage back and reached out, taking the lighter from his outstretched hand. She found it weird when he called her Miss Green rather than Taylor, but didn't complain as she was too busy examining the lighter with a curious look in her eyes.
"Freedom seeking." She repeated his words and nodded again before flicking the side of the lighter and watching the flame appear, flicking close to her fingers. "How so Mr MacKay?" She questioned, raising her head so that her eyes met his, a small glimmer of daring hiding in her green eyes.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Breaking the Rules. (Open.)   Breaking the Rules. (Open.) EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 6:51 am

Gabriel frowned a being called Disturbed, he didn't think he was disturbed. He couldn't help that he liked fire, just like someone couldn't help liking pink or frozen yogurt. "Not like most people, I like Fire and it likes me for the most part." He said with a small shrug.

Gabriel grinned widely at her "Well, Fire doesn't like being contained or being held back." He paused for a second waving his hand over the flame, making it streak towards his fingers "No Fire likes being free, and throws caution to the wind as it only fuel." He explained with a sigh, brushing his fingers through his hair. "Fire is very simple and is very graceful, in some ways it is destructive, intimidating and violent...."

He met her eyes with a glint in them, his hazel eyes locked onto hers "And in some ways it is very beautiful, warm and safe...It brings life and keeps it safe from the cold winds." He whispered without breaking the eye lock. His face slowly crept into a smile "As you said though, only someone who is disturbed can like Fire. Taylor".
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Breaking the Rules. (Open.)   Breaking the Rules. (Open.) EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 12:30 pm

Taylor felt bad about saying he was disturbed, he was right, if he liked fire then she shouldn't hold it against him. "I'm sorry." She murmured, blinking a couple of times to break the eye contact that she found slightly uncomfortable. An apology from Taylor was rare as she was the type of girl who spoke the honest truth no matter who it would upset along the way.

She listened to him list the comparisons between her and Fire, and she couldn't help but smile at each one. She gave a quiet laugh at some of the things he said within the list.
"So I'm a free spirit that is simple, destructive and violent?" She confirmed before raising an eyebrow. "And I intimidate you?" She added, her voice soft.

Taylor had been so focused on him, she hadn't noticed the flame get closer to her fingers until the heat met her skin, causing her to call out in pain and shock.
"Ouch!" She dropped the lighter and took a step away from it as if it were about to combust at any moment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Breaking the Rules. (Open.)   Breaking the Rules. (Open.) Empty

Back to top Go down

Breaking the Rules. (Open.)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next