Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Night with old friends ( One shot)
How far is a stone's throw.(Nero) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» Election Night (Tessa)
How far is a stone's throw.(Nero) Emptyby Tessa Greene Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:38 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
How far is a stone's throw.(Nero) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
How far is a stone's throw.(Nero) Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

» Alexander Quinn
How far is a stone's throw.(Nero) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:50 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

How far is a stone's throw.(Nero)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

How far is a stone's throw.(Nero) Empty
PostSubject: How far is a stone's throw.(Nero)   How far is a stone's throw.(Nero) EmptyTue Feb 21, 2017 10:53 am

Trials and tribulations and a few days later Lucy had contacted the Mister Nero to get his free time and such and made an appointment to see him.Arriving at his office with her Sketchpad and ideas she was interested in seeing what his thoughts were on what she had come up with.

She carried with her different ideas, varying in all forms and types. She smiled as she looked over the books. She had gone with her idea * of the triangle design with his daughters name.

The other designs,  some Black and White* She was rather proud of all of these designs. When Nero had mentioned his daughter coming back she associated triangle and unity and kept the theme in varying ways. Another Black and White * Tattoo she had been personally rather proud of was probably her favourite.

She was shown in to the waiting area by a nice lady as she waited for Nero to call her in and time. She sighed a little. Going through her book one more time.

Triangle Watercolour Rose

Black and White triangle

Linework trinity triangle

black and white watercolour flowers

Pretty kitty watercolour

Flower Watercolour

Owl one

Lucy was nervous, she had gone off the information she had been given and what her creativity had given her. The money that Mister Nero had more then compensated so she had returned a fair amount back into his account thanks to his secretary once she took the standard design wage up. Tattoos were more of a pleasure to her then a job so it had been a real pleasure to create the masterpieces. If he didn't like any of the ink it would hurt a little but she didn't mind. Not at the end of the day. Who knew what it would be to be honest. She was glad to have them done. If not they could go in her books as another set of displays.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: How far is a stone's throw.(Nero)   How far is a stone's throw.(Nero) EmptyTue Feb 21, 2017 7:56 pm

Nero's Attire

Nero had found his afternoon penciled with the name of the one witch who'd been somewhat on his mind since he'd met her at the tattoo studio. He'd cleared the rest of the day of any meetings, delaying them as only Nero Whitehorn could without losing customers, so that if he could possibly talk the witch around to dinner, or something, he wouldn't have to shoot off.

Today, Nero had started in his usual suit and tie, but as he'd worked on a new invention, scribbling notes around the makings of the machine, he'd taken his jacket off, and then his tie, before finally rolling up the sleeves of his shirt to work comfortably. His forearms were still sporting a light tan from his travels, but that was fading so quickly he knew he was going to have to ask Elyah if she'd like to go away again.

His workings were put on hold, though, when his secretary (a very young, very attractive blonde woman) had announced the arrival of Lucy Belware - research had given him her last name. His secretary had paused, almost awkwardly, for a moment to add she'd handed money back. Taking on that information, Nero nodded, waving for the young woman to invite Lucy in to his office. The door closed briefly, before opening once again.

Making a show of tidying his papers away, Nero looked up to see the young witch, and smiled. "Ah Lucy, thank you for agreeing to meet here. I hope that isn't too much of a hassle. Please, sit." He insisted, motioning to the chairs that sat before a chess table. With a flick of his wand, Nero had flipped the table to one they could work with and took the seat opposite the one he'd offered her. "Can I get you a drink? I'm afraid I only keep the strong stuff in here, but I can get my secretary to get you a coffee, if you'd prefer?"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: How far is a stone's throw.(Nero)   How far is a stone's throw.(Nero) EmptyTue Feb 21, 2017 9:34 pm

Lucy had looked around and all she saw was money . The place was filled with it but to her it had no character . It's not that this building was a bad place , not by any means but it didn't feel like love went into the work .

Being showed in Lucy had to admit actually seeing the boss with his sleeves rolled up and actually seeming passionate about something made his room have a little life . She paused for a few moments . Quite simply checking him out .

Once she regained composure , Lucy watched him shuffle papers, do some dandy fancy magic and flipped the desk . Putting on her charming smile she sat when and where instructed " The pleasure is all mine " she said , declining the offer for alcohol or coffee " Just water will be fine thank you Mister Whitehorn." This place was his so she had to go by his terms . She gave a few polite standard greetings before pulling out her folio for him . " These are the base designs , Elyahs name can be put into any of them ." Lucy explained and sat back once she handed the designs over for him to look at . She busied herself looking around the room. Her minding seeing the colours and textures and patterns . It was .. Well .. Not a room she liked but she had a good view in front of her and this was his place not hers.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: How far is a stone's throw.(Nero)   How far is a stone's throw.(Nero) EmptyWed Feb 22, 2017 9:16 pm

"Please, call me Nero. Mr Whitehorn makes me sound much too old." Nero insisted, getting up and moving to the intercom on his desk and requesting the glass of water that Lucy had asked for, and a black coffee for himself. After that, he moved back to the seat he'd momentarily vacated, and listened as Lucy explained that Elyah's name could be added to any of them.

Taking the papers carefully from the witch, Nero took in each of the pictures at length. The colouring, or shading, on each one. The styles which varied throughout. The different messages that each one put across. Nero took his time going through the options he'd been presented, but the impressed nature of his reaction was quite clear with each one. Not that he was surprised, just appreciating the talent before him.

The first one, Nero laid down before Lucy was the one he wasn't so sure on. "I like the design. The drawing is impeccable. However, I feel this one would be a little too feminine for my tastes, so I'll have to say this one is a no." Nero told hr, trying to say this in the nicest of manner. He did like it, that was no lie, but it just wasn't him.

The black and white flowers followed, and once again, Nero addressed it. "Once again, beautiful drawing. Intricate design. But, too feminine." He told her.

The last two, Nero was unsure which one he preferred, and laid them both out before him. The star, as Nero would describe it, was more him in the fact it was straight lines, making up an effect. Much like how he worked on his designs. The other a tree. Symbolising life. A life he'd made...

"I am stuck between these two, if I'm honest." Nero explained, looking up from the papers to the artist. "Would you care to aid me in the decision making process?"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: How far is a stone's throw.(Nero)   How far is a stone's throw.(Nero) EmptyFri Feb 24, 2017 9:54 am

Lucy smiled as he said to call him Nero, she'd called him his last name out of respect as she was in his professional business. It wasn't like she was at her shop. She was in his business and had to abide by his rules.

Sipping the water she watched the wall. she didn't like to stare as people looked at her work. When he said no to the first few designs she gave a soft smile. "I take no offence." Lucy promised him, "I respect honesty I don't want to give someone artwork that they are going to hate for the rest of their life. I want people to have something they love."

She had to say she was impressed with his choice of the two. smiling she looked at him. "Well if you would like my honest opinion I would go for tree of life." Lucy told him, "My tattoos are quite.....Unique." She explained, "They aren't like normal tattoos the muggles have. My tattoos...They give life. It's a special strange kind of magic."

Lucy looked at him, "I expect you to give me honesty so I will in return give it. I have a special way with tattoos. It's magic in them, they do their own thing they take a life of their own ." She could see the tattoo now the tree of life. The swing, she could see a figure of his daughter coming and him coming into the tattoo and he pushing her as well as her name. Tattoos were a commitment, magical tattoos were more of one. Over time they could change, there were enchantments on them to make sure they didn't fade but tattoos had been known to change in the past.The original designs usually stayed however certain...Features changed as the meanings changed. She wanted Nero to be aware of these possibilites.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: How far is a stone's throw.(Nero)   How far is a stone's throw.(Nero) EmptyFri Feb 24, 2017 1:32 pm

Nero listened carefully as Lucy explained how her tattoos were different to Muggle tattoos. He nodded as she finished the explanation, taking up his cup of coffee and taking a sip, savouring the taste, and then swallowing. "I understand what you're saying, I like that idea, too. Obviously, it'll have something of a life of its own, but I'm curious..."

Nero paused for a moment, motioning to his forearm. "If I were to put the tattoo here, would I be at risk of it spreading up in to my bicep? Or down in to my hand? I ask merely because I'm not sure how much 'life' there tattoos take." Nero explained. "Or is it more like a portrait in our world, where once the animated parts of the tattoo reach the edge, they are gone from one's view?"

Nero was quite sure it would be the latter but it couldn't hurt to ask these questions. After all, they were permanent.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: How far is a stone's throw.(Nero)   How far is a stone's throw.(Nero) EmptyFri Feb 24, 2017 1:39 pm

Lucy listened and smiled and watched him, she completely understood those questions. "I completely understand your questions don't worry."People had them all the time.

She shook her head at his worry, "No it won't move it wont migrate like that." She said, "I do have some control over the magic. The magic will be strictly kept between the tattoo lines. The perimeter. If I was as an example tattooing a snake on your arm, it might move around but it will always return to its original position. Magic has its own funny way of things. Yes you could say it would be like life's perspectives, they won't migrate out of your tattoo perimeter. So the characters might move off and you might not see them for a while. It really depends on you to be honest. In that sense they are almost like a portrait, I don't have control over when they are there. I tattoo the basics, giving ink needed then the magic does the rest."

She smiled, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear. "I'm sorry it is rather difficult to explain. It still confuses me. There's not many artists that work in my particular line." She said, "To put it simply you pave the way your tattoo goes. Some days it might just be a swing if you are missing your daughter. If you are with her the characters might appear. I can't say for certainty that the characters will be there every day. They might appear simply when you think about her. As I said, I tattoo the design. What the design does it up to it but no it won't migrate and move it will stay where it is told to."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: How far is a stone's throw.(Nero)   How far is a stone's throw.(Nero) EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 10:38 am

As Lucy explained deeply how the tattoo worked, Nero smiled, nodding along as he understood. Much like a magical portrait, the tattoo would move, come in and out of being, and generally, sounded very cool. And, of course, it was quite settling to know it was not going to expand, or take over his body in any way.

However, it was not his arm that Nero was thinking of getting tattooed. No, he had other ideas.

"That's very assuring, thank you." Nero told the witch, genuine in the sentiment. "However, I was thinking of perhaps having it on my chest, as apposed to my arm..." He paused, not wanting to say 'over my heart' because that was too damn cheesy. Hopefully the witch before him would understand that much, though, without him having to try and work out how to say it.

Sipping his coffee once more, Nero played at remembering something he'd forgotten, and got up from the seat, placing his cup on his desk, and pulling out an invitation from his drawer. "I hope you'll forgive me for giving you late notice." Nero explained, handing the envelope to Lucy which had her name written in very nice handwriting. "But, I'm having a networking function tonight. You know, business, and I wanted you to be there. There will be lots of artists of varying natures there. Inventors, etc. It's the launch of the Nimbus model. I'd like you to be there, if you could." Nero explained, trying not to look too hopeful at her saying yes.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: How far is a stone's throw.(Nero)   How far is a stone's throw.(Nero) EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 10:55 am

Lucy looked at him with relief as he understood what she was saying. Magic was complex to explain at the best of times. With these foreign and relatively new magic that there wasn't a whole lot of general understanding with. She sighed happily as he spoke.

When he spoke about where he wanted it she smiled. It wasn't too difficult to figure out. "Do you want it right proportionate to your heart or above it or shall we make an appointment so you can come into the shop and I can stencil it up and let you decide exactly where you would like it."

She took the letter as it was given and opened it. Reading the invitation. Whoever wrote it had rather beautiful handwriting. "Are you..Sure this is a place where I would be welcome? Even among the artistic community..What I do..Isn't well liked...or understood. I don't want you to have a bad image."

Lucy was extremely flattered, however she wasn't sure this was the type of place someone would exactly appreciate her. "While I am excited for your new Broom, I don't want to put you out of place."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: How far is a stone's throw.(Nero)   How far is a stone's throw.(Nero) EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 11:18 am

"I think an appointment would be wise, so that we could work out the size, and location of the tattoo. Without seeing it stenciled, I don't think I could say." Nero told her, hoping this would be okay. "I'll get my diary." He added, getting up once more and collecting his leather covered diary before sitting back down once more. "When would it be convenient for you?" He asked, flipping through the pages to get to today's date. His diary was crammed, but he would make space for Lucy.

"Nonsense. You'll be my guest. People will love your work, and if they don't, well, they can't be very open to the unusual." Nero told her, trying to waver her concerns. "Besides, you'll be with me, you won't need to worry." He added, because no-one would bad mouth Lucy in his presence, most people were dying to be in his good books.

"You won't be out of place. Believe me." Nero insisted, smiling over at the witch. "So, I'll see you at seven." He finalised, because he wasn't going to take excuses for her not being there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How far is a stone's throw.(Nero)   How far is a stone's throw.(Nero) Empty

Back to top Go down

How far is a stone's throw.(Nero)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next