Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Need to Think (Jacques) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» Election Night (Tessa)
Need to Think (Jacques) Emptyby Tessa Greene Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:38 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Need to Think (Jacques) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
Need to Think (Jacques) Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

» Alexander Quinn
Need to Think (Jacques) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:50 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Need to Think (Jacques)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Need to Think (Jacques) Empty
PostSubject: Need to Think (Jacques)   Need to Think (Jacques) EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 10:45 am

There was a time where Violet would frequent the dungeons quite often. It was old and dark and cool, lit only by torches along the hall. And often times, there weren't many people around, save for the occassional Slytherin student headed to their dormitory. However, there were some routes that people didn't often take, and those were her favourite. To simply be alone- no room mates, no class mates, just her, and perhaps a book.

Due to a busy schedule, however, she hadn't been able to go back as often as she would have liked. But this time, she really needed a secluded place to think. What she had done on the Hogsmede trip had been risky, and thankfully, no one yet had come forward to point her out, nor had she been questioned about anything. She was certain that she was in the clear of that, for now. What she really needed to think about was the sword she had stolen. The sword that she now kept with her at all times. She simply didn't trust that no one would accidentally find it. It was too important to leave hidden in her dorm. Rather, she kept it in a small bag with an undetectable extension charm, that she kept in her robes.

She had originally wanted to give it to someone from the Nightshades, but it was too risky at that point in time. So now, she had to figure out a way to get it to them, and soon. They were getting impatient. Luckily for her, they didn't know that she had it.
Back to top Go down
Jacques Clement
Adult
Adult
Jacques Clement

Birthday : 2004-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Need to Think (Jacques)   Need to Think (Jacques) EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 8:31 pm

Another attack had taken place. The media had named the group - The Deadly Nightshades. A handful of innocent people had been killed. One lowly Nightshade captured, but the main perpetrators had gotten free. Many people probably hadn't read through the whole of the newspaper like Jacques had, and would likely have missed that an ancient sword had gone missing on that day too. The Ministry were tying the hands of the newspaper, Jacques was sure, but he hadn't missed it.

Violet's words of caution had replayed as he'd read the article - a small one on the sword - about how he should keep things safe in his treasury. If anyone could break the Clement treasury, though, Jacques would be mightily impressed with them.

But more questions had come to pass since the attack, and Jacques simply had to find her again.

Jacques had been lucky to catch sight of the witch skulking around the dungeons that afternoon. The Frenchman had changed his route, making sure they weren't being followed, and when Violet stopped, Jacques stepped out from the shadows. "Hello, Violet." He spoke softly, he didn't need to be loud for his voice to be heard, they were the only ones here.

"Seems the Nightshades have taken something..." He continued, moving closer to the Hufflepuff, and trying to work out if he should let slip the details. Deciding to make this easier for himself, than have Violet call him a liar, Jacques continued with a question. "Where's the sword?"

~ Profile ~
~ Clement Heir ~ 24 ~ Athletic ~ 5'11" ~ French Accent ~
Need to Think (Jacques) Ojucpn10
Thanks to .V0ldiemort @ TDA for my signature!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Need to Think (Jacques)   Need to Think (Jacques) EmptyMon Feb 27, 2017 11:27 am

Violet turned when she heard a familiar voice speak. After the Hogsmede incident, she wasn't surprised to see him. The Daily Prophet hadn't put much emphasis on the missing sword other than an obscure piece on it, more on the fact that they had caught one of the Nightshades and the deaths that had happened. Which made sense- it wouldn't look good to show that they had gotten what they were looking for.

"Jacques," she replied coolly, crossing her arms "What do you want?"

He then went on, asking straight away about the sword. Of course he noticed that little detail in the paper. He was observant. She remained rooted where she was, as he moved closer.

"I'm sure I have no idea what you're talking about," she replied, tilting her head to the side, the hint of a smile tugging at her lips. She remembered back to their last encounter, how he had managed to corner her and get important information. But not this time, she wouldn't feel like that again.
Back to top Go down
Jacques Clement
Adult
Adult
Jacques Clement

PostSubject: Re: Need to Think (Jacques)   Need to Think (Jacques) EmptyMon Feb 27, 2017 9:34 pm

The Hufflepuff was straight on the defensive when he'd said hello, and as her arms folded across her chest, it did nothing but accentuate the witch's assets, and did little to rebuff him from the path he was taking. Violet really was going to have to try harder if she wanted to get rid of him. Something that Jacques did not see in the foreseeable future.

The bluff that she didn't know what he was talking about made Jacques smile to himself, one hand reaching up to her chin, and with a single finger, pushing her chin up so that their eyes could meet. "Come now, Violet, we both know there's no use in playing games." Jacques told her, eyes lighting up because he was enjoying this little game.

"How did you do it?" Jacques asked, though he had no idea if Violet even had, he was willing to test the waters to see if he could get a glimmer, a hint, that she did know something.

~ Profile ~
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Need to Think (Jacques)   Need to Think (Jacques) EmptyTue Feb 28, 2017 10:01 am

The next thing that happened was unexpected. Him stepping forward and tilting her chin up so she was looking straight into his eyes. For a brief moment, she looked puzzled. She wasn't quite sure how to react, something she rarely experienced.

"What if I like games?" she replied after a moment of thought.

He went on to ask how she'd done it- stolen the sword. Did he already know? Or was he just trying to get something out of her- taking a wild guess perhaps.

"You're very presumptuous," she casually brushed his hand away and stepped backwards "As far as you know, I might have decided to stay in during that visit," she shrugged a little bit. At least, she hoped he knew nothing. But she wasn't going to be held responsible for leaking anything else, without an exceptionally good reason- which she can't fathom he'd have.
Back to top Go down
Jacques Clement
Adult
Adult
Jacques Clement

PostSubject: Re: Need to Think (Jacques)   Need to Think (Jacques) EmptyTue Feb 28, 2017 10:10 pm

"I was hoping you were going to say that." Jacques mused, the smirk on his lips growing. Oh, he loved games, a lot, especially the ones that made you work hard to work them through. Not to tiresome to grow boring, but fun enough to keep you engaged.

As Violet brushed away his hand, Jacques was not deterred by the witch, instead simply more motivated. He didn't move to follow, though, instead simply listening to her words with amusement flickering on his features.

"Presumptuous, possibly..." Jacques replied, not denying it, because he was clutching at straws in his theory. "But, I know you left the castle that day. So you definitely didn't stay in..." The Slytherin paused, giving the witch a moment as he played at looking around for something else to say.

"Didn't you enjoy the buzz of the situation, though, in the streets that day?" Jacques asked. He'd not been there. He'd heard about it. He'd stayed behind with Ellie whilst the castle was free. But he'd heard people describe it for days after. Jacques' eyes moved to watch Violet, her body language, wondering if he could play on his own 'enjoyment' of the chaos. "The chaos... confusion..."

~ Profile ~
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Need to Think (Jacques)   Need to Think (Jacques) EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 5:50 am

"I did," she thought back to the sounds of fighting, glass breaking people screaming, a smirk creeping on her lips. The flashes of light that came through the windows of the store... Until she shut the curtains. She paused for a moment, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear "You know that I thrive in chaos... I couldn't really do much in that instance though. Too many witnesses and I don't have a mask yet... I just watched on," she shrugged.

That part wasn't a lie, not really. She couldn't fight againt the Nightshades, nor could she fight for them in that moment. There wasn't much else she could say without giving herself away.

"You should have come, I think you'd have enjoyed it as much as I did," she added "Watching's the next best thing to doing,".

Surely he didn't think she'd make it easy for him this time...
Back to top Go down
Jacques Clement
Adult
Adult
Jacques Clement

PostSubject: Re: Need to Think (Jacques)   Need to Think (Jacques) EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 9:50 pm

There we go, Jacques thought to himself as he got Violet smirking - reliving the moment. Enjoying it. Perhaps letting her guard down because he was playing along wit it. "Couldn't do much..?" Jacques asked, pulling a face that showed he didn't really agree to that. "I'm sure you're clever enough to work around that..." He told her, his voice soft as he took a step closer again, reaching up to tuck her hair behind her ears, his eyes watching his own hand or a moment, before they focused back on hers.

"What about the shop keeper..?" Jacques asked. "People are saying it was the Killing Curse. Takes quite the wizard - or witch - to cast that spell... Always wanted to try it myself, but the opportunity has never given rise." He murmured. That much was true, Jacques had a morbid fascination with the dark arts, a fascination that he did not share, with anyone.

"Isn't that the case with all things..?" Jacques asked, his question very pointed with their proximity. Watching Violet, he leaned in closer, readying his lips to meet hers. He wouldn't force it, oh no, he was testing the waters, opening new alley ways. Trying to get her to trust him.

Trying to get more than information from the witch, because loathe though he might be to admit it, her curiosity, her involvement with the Nightshades, was something Jacques wanted.

~ Profile ~
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Need to Think (Jacques)   Need to Think (Jacques) EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 2:39 pm

"I'm flattered that you seem to think I'm so clever," she replied, her voice as soft as his. She didn't need to be any louder, there was no one else around, and he was very, very close. She didn't pull away when he tucked her hair behind her ear, not breaking eye contact.

"The shop keeper doesn't really matter now, does he," she replied before addressing his comments about his desire to try it, and she almost couldn't help herself. She almost started talking about how great it felt- to have control over who lives and who dies. But that'd look suspicious, wouldn't it?

"All I know about the killing curse is that you have to mean it," she murmured "It's all, or nothing," She felt herself leaning in, as he was. But she stopped herself, her lips mere centimetres from his. And then, she had a thought.

"I can help you get that opportunity, if you're willing to help me with something," she didn't move back. She remained standing close to him. It was worth a shot, only if he was willing "If you end up being useful, I'll answer anything you want."

Was it smart to get involved with Jacques? Absolutely not. However, he had a strange allure. He wasn't with the Nightshades, and she knew she couldn't trust him, and yet, he was more ambiguous than most.
Back to top Go down
Jacques Clement
Adult
Adult
Jacques Clement

PostSubject: Re: Need to Think (Jacques)   Need to Think (Jacques) EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 8:30 pm

The comment on cleverness made Jacques smirk. She was clever, but not nearly half as clever as she thought she was. In Jacques' opinion, anyway. He'd let her believe he'd conceded that point, though, because it was all about trying to work his way in to her head, bit by bit.

"The shop keeper never mattered to begin with. It's only his death... his killer... that matters now." Jacques replied, internally frustrated that Violet wasn't giving up information. She must know something, he was willing to believe she did, and yet, she would not open up to him if she did. The Slytherin, however, did not give up too easily, and continued to lay down a strategy to get her to tell him more.

"I've heard the same..." Jacques replied, anyone could know that if they'd read a DADA book, but the Frenchman decided not to bring this up with the Hufflepuff witch, save her the embarrassment of a useless comment.

Jacques' lips, though, were moving closer, almost touching Violet's when she spoke again, forcing him to stop his movements. He didn't pull away, though, unlike many people, he was not one to feel conscious within someone else's personal bubble.

The witch had just offered him two things in return for one. Had she done so knowingly? Or had she stung herself in that moment because of his closeness? Jacques didn't know, but he fought down the smugness he was feeling in that moment. "My opportunity, and your talking, in return for my help..." He mused, showing the witch he'd not missed her slip there. But, Jacques took a moment to consider her offer, he'd still be winning. He didn't have to agree to anything, he still held power over her...

And yet, he was a glutton for getting more.

"What is it you want, Miss Lynch?" Jacques asked, straightening himself up a little, because they were talking business. Pleasure, he could come back to.

~ Profile ~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need to Think (Jacques)   Need to Think (Jacques) Empty

Back to top Go down

Need to Think (Jacques)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next