Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Summer Lazing (Jake's Charries) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» Election Night (Tessa)
Summer Lazing (Jake's Charries) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:38 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Summer Lazing (Jake's Charries) - Page 2 Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
Summer Lazing (Jake's Charries) - Page 2 Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

» Alexander Quinn
Summer Lazing (Jake's Charries) - Page 2 Emptyby Alexander Quinn Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:50 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Summer Lazing (Jake's Charries)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Summer Lazing (Jake's Charries) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Lazing (Jake's Charries)   Summer Lazing (Jake's Charries) - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 10, 2017 4:36 am

Yes, I have to seduce a wealthy muggle male, steal something from his room, and then return home without anyone catching on. On top of that, I need to perfect a deadly potion and the antidote, and then I have a test on my poison antidotes. If I fail, servants literally die, not that it matters; we can always get new ones. I'm pretty sure I'm also going to have an assignment similar to the one I had over Christmas -- to secude men into giving me money, and to reach a certain quota. And, lastly, I have my school homework. So yes, busy summer.

Sienna wanted to say all this, just to see the reaction it would garner, but held herself back. That was too much, and besides, some of the things there were secret. So, instead, she shrugged lightly. "You could say that," she laughed. "My parents run a business in the US -- nothing too interesting, and it's really technical -- so they want me to learn the secret of their trades. Most of my summers are spent doing odd jobs for them and practising what they teach."

It was her standard answer, and while seemingly detailed and complete, actually gave nothing away whatsoever. If he chose to ask, she had other answers similar to that, ones that had taken her a while to come up with and perfect, but was now recited with such ease and simplicity that not a single part of it seemed suspicious in the least.

She glanced over at the gear, allowing a hint of surprise to touch her features as though only noticing them for the first time. "Oh! Did I interrupt your exercise?" she asked, as if she'd been the one who approached him and not the other way around. "I'm sorry if I have; please, don't let me stop you if you wanted to run." Now she was just toying with him, seeing exactly how far down the rabbit hole of emotions he'd slipped into without meaning to.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Summer Lazing (Jake's Charries)   Summer Lazing (Jake's Charries) - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 15, 2017 9:14 am

Oliver listened once again as Serenity explained that she'd be working for her parents. The idea of someone's parents having their own business was quite impressive, really. He didn't know anyone that did that... well, no, that wasn't true, he knew of plumbers who worked for themselves, and electricians,
but he didn't think Serenity's parents were doing something that small from the way she was talking.

"Well... It sounds fun." Oliver offered the witch with a small smile. He didn't have a summer job, personally. But that could well change over the summer if his parents suggested he needed one. He wasn't entirely sure that they would... but who knew.

The idea of heading off on a run was not one that appealed to Oliver at all in that moment, his eyes being drawn back to the witch, he gave her a very contented smile. "No, it's okay. I'm quite enjoying talking to you, if I'm honest." Oliver told the witch, the weird pull of the girl beside him still not completely registering for what it was in that moment.

"You were listening to your iPod, right? What's your favourite band? Do you like Muggle bands?" He asked, wanting to know more about Sienna but not really having a clue about how you flirted... or even did that. Therefore, her music taste was the first thing that had come to mind, and he was rolling with it.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Summer Lazing (Jake's Charries)   Summer Lazing (Jake's Charries) - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 15, 2017 9:37 am

She let out a light laugh. Fun was exactly how she'd describe it -- along with dangerous, exhilerating, and sometimes downright sexy. But some parts were also tedious, and held consequences should she get it wrong; it wasn't a typical job where the worse that could happen was you get someone pissed off and get fired. In her line of work, if she screwed up, it could result in death. Or, worse, her parents got exposed and the entire family was shipped off to Azkaban -- herself included.

But if there was no danger, nothing that could go wrong, there was nothing to lose -- and if there was nothing to lose, there was no risk. And it was the risk that was fun.

She smiled at Oliver, flashing perfect teeth. "That's one way to describe it," she agreed. "What do you do during the holidays, Oliver?" She drawled his name out, pronouncing it slowly, deciding not to roll the 'r' at the last moment. As a result, it came out soft, familiar, as though it was a secret shared between the two.

His next set of words set into stone what Sienna was already certain about; he was smitten, completely. There'd been no challenge, and she was somewhat disappointed, but instead of focusing on what she hadn't gotten, she focused on what she had instead -- and what she had was a younger Hufflepuff male in the palm of her hands.

She sent him another smile. "I'm glad, although I'm not entirely sure what about me you're enjoying," she said, then paused, considering him for a moment. "And please do be honest; people who lie are so unbecoming."

The question told her more about the male -- he either grew up in the muggle world or had parents who were very open. How else would he know about iPods? She nodded, considering her options. Her taste in music wasn't exactly what one would call specific; she had a tendency to listen to a wide range. Besides, she didn't know what the male liked.

So instead of offering solid answers, she simply shrugged. "I listen to a lot of people. I do like Muggle bands; I was just listening to Demi Lovato. What about you? Who do you listen to?"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Summer Lazing (Jake's Charries)   Summer Lazing (Jake's Charries) - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 16, 2017 1:05 pm

The question of his holidays made Oliver shrug a little bit. "Nothing much really. I don't have a summer job. So, I just hang around with my little sister mostly. And some of the boys from the school I went to before Hogwarts. But... things have changed, since coming here, I mean, the friendship is different." Oliver tried to explain, though he wasn't sure that would make a lot of sense, really.

"I like the way you say Oliver..." He added, musing over it for a moment. Honestly, Oliver was taking the bait from the witch without her really having to try. The Hufflepuff had no idea what was happening, he just felt a little out of sorts. But not in a bad way that made him question himself.

Not in the current moment, anyway.

"You're good company." Oliver said almost insisting in that moment. "And, you're very pretty. Not to mention... I feel kinda relaxed sat here." Oliver explained, not seeing a problem with doing so, either. "I just, want to get to know you a bit better."

As Sienna went on to explain about what music she liked - even if it was a bit vague - Oliver nodded at the name he was given. "She's not too bad." He commented, before the question was turned back on him. "Oh, I listen to anything and everything, really. But I do like this quirky band called Panic! at the Disco. Mostly, though, I listen to the music in the Muggle charts." He finalised, giving a small shrug. Oliver wasn't a crowd follower, per se, but the music of the majority was good enough for him.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Summer Lazing (Jake's Charries)   Summer Lazing (Jake's Charries) - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 23, 2017 11:41 am

Connections were always something that Sienna made double sure remained no matter what, but at the notion of friendships she couldn't help but smile. She often kept in touch with people, both Muggle and non, but were they really friends, or people useful to her? A lot of effort was put into maintaining them, so she couldn't really say she knew what it was like to have the friendship change; but, she supposed, if people she talked to often acted differently around her, she'd ferret out the whys, only to ensure they weren't going behind her back.

Still, she nodded, pretending she understood; that was, she had learnt, the sucess to friendships. If you made general statements and nodded at the right times, you could convince anyone of anything -- without once actually lying, at that.

His next comment made her laugh, although she made sure to keep it in a judgement free tone; she was, though, completely amused. "Well, I can say it again, if you want, Oliver," she said, not even bothering to pretend she wasn't outright flirting. He was so far gone that she was sure she could admit she was going to kill him and carve his body into pieces (not that she would; she never got her hands dirty whenever possible, and to do this in the middle of a public area at this time of day was stupid) and he would stick around and let her.

"You're such a sweet boy," she pratically cooed, smiling at him. Boy, though, not man; that was clear. For a moment, she was tempted to reach out and pat him on the head, the imagery of a dog at her feet being amusing -- but she resisted, because that was just a tad too degrading, even for her. Instead, she added, "Consider me your open book, then, Oliver; ask me anything you want."

Listening to Muggle charts... The idea was solidifying that he was a muggleborn, but she wasn't going to ask -- not yet, anyway. Some people got offended at being asked, and while she was sure he saw her as nothing but pure perfection, she didn't want to risk the slight chance that her comment offended him so much that she lost her grip.

"I have some of their music," she said, nodded at his words. "I listen to a lot of Indie artists, but there are nice ones on the charts, too." She paused, slipping out her phone and, turning it on, opened the phone page and held it out towards Oliver. "While we're at it, why don't we exchange numbers? With summer about to start, we could always text."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Summer Lazing (Jake's Charries)   Summer Lazing (Jake's Charries) - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 30, 2017 11:57 am

The offer for her to say it again was one that just made Oliver smile in a manner that said yes please without actually saying those words. She'd said his name again, and he couldn't deny that he was enjoying the sound of it. Weird how just one person's slight infliction on his name could make it sound so much better than anyone else.

The haze of his mind was not lifting, by any stretch of the imagination, but Oliver wasn't even trying to fight it off anymore.

Sienna continued on with how he was sweet, before expressing the fact she was an open book for him. He considered for a moment, before he spoke again. "What things do you like doing the most? When you don't have to work, and things like that." Oliver asked, because that would surely give him more of an insight to the girl beside him. "What do you like? Favourite color? Animal?" He asked, before shrugging. He didn't have a clue where he was going with this, but Oliver was going to keep talking until he ran out of ideas to talk about.

"Indie music is good, too!" Oliver replied with a small nod of his head. "I tend to listen to a mix, so there is some Indie music on my iPod." He told her, giving a casual shrug before Sienna held her phone out to him. And asked for his number. Oliver's eyes widened at the presentation of her phone, before taking it from her carefully and plugging his phone number in to it, and saving it with his full name, before handing it back to her.

"Text me any time. Or, if you have WhatsApp, I use that too, so that I don't run down my credit if I have Wi-Fi. But, you know, it doesn't matter if you don't. It's just an option." He explained, smiling warmly.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Summer Lazing (Jake's Charries)   Summer Lazing (Jake's Charries) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 21, 2017 2:19 pm

The question made her pause, and she pretended she was considering an answer. In actual fact, she was constructing her answer into words that were both acceptable but ambigous; she would tell him exactly what she was into, but in such a way that he, most likely, would intepret in a wrong way. But before she could, he was asking more questions, and she took note of each of them; those were easier to answer.

"I like people a lot," she said, a moment later. "I like talking to them and getting to know them; I find them... interesting... and figuring out what they like and don't like is fun. But my parents are in that business -- of knowing what people want and giving it to them -- so I guess that's not entirely what I do when I don't work. I enjoy work, though." She flashed him another smile.

"I like chocolate," she added. "And shopping." She let out a girlish giggle that was completely unlike her, purely to see the reaction it would get. At this point, she was seeing how far she could push it before he'd realise something was up. One thing was for sure -- she wouldn't keep him around for long. Puppies were fun, but worthless, after all.

"My favourite colour," she went on, then paused and grinned. "What do you think? I'll give you three guesses. If you get it right, there's a prize in it for you." Winking, she left it at that.

"I don't really have a favourite animal, though." There was more she could say on that subject, more she could draw from it, but it was dull. What was the point? She could've twisted it to such a way that it caught his attention, but at this point he was so far in she didn't even need to try. And so, boredom already starting to creep in, she didn't bother.

This was the reason she merely flashed him a smile at his comment about music, and said nothing more; there was nothing more to say.

Taking the phone back, she made sure to let her hand brush against his, even if only slightly. Human contact, she'd learnt early on, was vital to keeping someone hooked -- especially in limited and small quantities, keeping them wanting more but never giving them quite enough to satisfy their needs. "I have WhatsApp," she said. "Do you have snapchat? I tend to send my friends pictures often, if you do, but-" she shrugged, "-no pressure. I'm not sure you want to see my face all summer, anyway."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Summer Lazing (Jake's Charries)   Summer Lazing (Jake's Charries) - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 02, 2017 9:28 pm

As Sienna explained to Oliver her likes, before giving off a girly giggle, the boy smiled warmly at her. He wasn't to know that this wasn't her, he wasn't to know it was faux, his mind was so awash with so many things he didn't understand that he'd found simply smiling to be the easiest thing to do.

The enticement to guess her favourite colour made Oliver frown slightly, he hadn't been expecting that, but he took a moment to consider. "Not pink, pink would be too girly, too obvious, and meaning no offence, I don't think you're in to the daintiness that pink gives off when admitted to be a favourite colour." Oliver said, pausing as he thought, a small wrinkle in his brow denoting the concentration. "Perhaps a purple?" He asked, though his tone denoted his own uncertainty in that moment. He was purely guessing, nothing more.

As Sienna took the phone, their hands touched, and for a moment, Oliver felt his breath hitch in his throat at the contact. Mind buzzing empty for a moment, it took more than a few short moments for the boy to catch back up to what she'd said. Snapchat... Nodding much too hard in that moment, Oliver agreed. "Goulding07." He supplied for her, though he knew his number would pull the contact through when she went on to Snapchat later.

The alarm on Oliver's watch went off in that moment, almost shaking him from the lull he'd been charmed in to by the witch. His reminder that he was supposed to be heading to the library to meet one of his friends to do a Potions essay with. "Oh Merlin. I'm supposed to be in the library in ten minutes. I have to go!" Oliver told the witch, pushing himself up. "I'm really sorry to run off. We'll talk soon!" He insisted, hesitating for a moment, before turning and heading off at a jog towards the castle.

OOC: I had to finish this post off because OOC!Oliver had had enough with being toyed with xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Summer Lazing (Jake's Charries)   Summer Lazing (Jake's Charries) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Summer Lazing (Jake's Charries)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2