Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Taking a break (Adrián) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» Election Night (Tessa)
Taking a break (Adrián) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:38 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Taking a break (Adrián) - Page 2 Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
Taking a break (Adrián) - Page 2 Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

» Alexander Quinn
Taking a break (Adrián) - Page 2 Emptyby Alexander Quinn Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:50 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Taking a break (Adrián)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Taking a break (Adrián) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking a break (Adrián)   Taking a break (Adrián) - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 10, 2017 8:49 am

"Mmhmm," she hummed and in a tone that said it was no big deal. "History of Magic, if you can believe it."

It was something that still baffled her at least one of her two brothers that attended Hogwarts. The other one refrained from comment. History had strangely enough appealed to her. While some of it was dry and rather boring and made her eyes glaze over, she thought if taught in the right way it was rather interesting. One of the reasons one of her guilty pleasures of the muggle world was historical fiction. Yet, it seemed to her that most people as soon as you said the word 'history' decided they had other more important things to do.

A grin of anticipation lit her face when he said they he was the magic man when it came to coffee. This, she had to see and she arched her brow as she went and sat down on the stool as comfortably as one could to watch him work. She couldn't help but admire him in more ways than one. The scrubs weren't flattering, but he pulled them off quite well.

"I'm sure it'll be lovely," she assured him taking her cup. Looking down at the
pale brown liquid she blew a little, her mouth quirking at his jest. "Nice to know you care more for the coffee rather than offending my taste buds," she joked. She then took a tentative sip so as not to burn her tongue. That was the best way to ruin your taste buds and make it so you couldn't properly taste the coffee. Her eyes shut as the liquid pooled on her tongue before she swallowed. It was delightful! She liked caramel! "This, is the best cup of coffee I've had. Around here," she grinned.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Taking a break (Adrián)   Taking a break (Adrián) - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 12, 2017 7:36 am

The information on the lesson that Bethany taught was one that had surprised Adrián in that moment. He had definitely not expected someone so young to teach such a lesson. When he'd been in school, back in Spain, his teacher had been so old, he had probably made half the history. But, Adrián did not wish to be the kind of person who made stereotypes. "I would never have guessed you taught history. I was expecting Herbology, or something." Adrián admitted softly, but he was saying this in a manner that said 'more fool me'.

"So, you teach at Hogwarts, when you're not here, then?" He continued, wanting it to be clear that the fact she taught history was actually quite interesting, and he didn't want to let the topic go.

The joke from Bethany about how he was apologising to the cup of coffee instead of her taste buds brought a smile to the Spaniard's lips. Of course, he'd kind of overlooked that point, and he knew better than to make a joke on the fact he could fix it if she did -- because likely, it would sound very much like flirting, and Adrián didn't want to go too heavy too soon.

Waiting on her reaction to the coffee with baited breath, Adrián couldn't help the grin that escaped him a moment later when she said it was the best she'd had -- at the hospital, at least -- with one of the most beautiful smiles he'd seen. "Well, I did tell you that if you knew how, then it made a great deal of difference." Adrián reminded her with a smile of his own, sipping his own hot beverage and savouring the taste. Yes, he had definitely needed this.

"So, tell me more about you. You're a volunteer nurse, which is truly admirable in my opinion. You teach History, which is... quite something -- and I mean that." Adrián added, pretty much flattering the witch, but making it come across as humbly as possible. "But, a woman is much more than her work alone." He finalised.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Taking a break (Adrián)   Taking a break (Adrián) - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 15, 2017 9:38 am

Bethany gave the man a self deprecating smile. Yes, she seemed to get that a lot. Everyone seemed to think that history teachers were either supposed to be old or very boring or mousy looking. "Truthfully, I think they hired me because they couldn't find anyone else."

At least not someone who was as eager as she had been. She didn't just want to teach out of books that the students could learn on their own. The information she wanted to give them was something they couldn't get out of books, or at least not have it be dry and dusty. History could be interesting. She just had to find a right way to approach it and try to make it come alive for her students if she could. It would be hard, but she was sure it would be gratifying work in the end.

"Mmm, and it did," she stated enjoying her cup of coffee. When he asked more about her, she hid a smile behind her cup as she gave him an assessing gaze. While she'd seen him around at work here, and occasionally a passing greeting, this was the first time they were actually talking. At his, compliment?, she glanced at her coffee not knowing what to say to that. It was hard for her to take a compliment and usually she played it off, but at the moment, she wasn't sure if she wanted to do that. This talking and just relaxing was nice.

Tilting her head in consideration about what she wanted to tell him, her lips quirked and she laughed. If she was not mistaken Adrian had just been paged. In a lighthearted tone she stated, "Saved by the bell," as she stood up as well. She might as well head off as well. "Maybe we can finish our coffee and chat some other time?"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Taking a break (Adrián)   Taking a break (Adrián) - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 15, 2017 4:02 pm

"I am quite sure," Adrián began his sentence, making sure he had Bethany's eyes on his own before he spoke once more. "That that is definitely not the truth." He assured the witch, though he wasn't sure if she was one hundred percent serious with her words, his initial impression of the witch was of a woman who was dependable. Though, of course, he barely knew the woman.

Their conversation was, perhaps, about to move in to a more informative route, but just as Bethany readied herself to explain, Adrián's pager went off, signalling that he was needed elsewhere in that moment.

Grimacing slightly at the bad timing of the message, Adrián got to his feet, pulling out the piece of technology and reading the note he'd been sent. "I'm so sorry, I have to go." He told the witch, feeling bad for having to leave mid-conversation, but definitely not in the habit of ignoring his pager.

The question of coffee another time made Adrián nod enthusiastically as he downed the rest of his coffee and put his cup in the sink. "Definitely! I'll be in touch! Sorry, again!" The Spaniard insisted, before slipping out the door and along the ward to where he was needed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taking a break (Adrián)   Taking a break (Adrián) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Taking a break (Adrián)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2