Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

Chester Millstone

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Look at these phtograhs ( One shot)
A Break in Routine (Ozskar) Emptyby Tessa Greene Today at 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
A Break in Routine (Ozskar) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» Election Night (Tessa)
A Break in Routine (Ozskar) Emptyby Tessa Greene Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:38 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
A Break in Routine (Ozskar) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
A Break in Routine (Ozskar) Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

A Break in Routine (Ozskar)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

A Break in Routine (Ozskar) Empty
PostSubject: A Break in Routine (Ozskar)   A Break in Routine (Ozskar) EmptyFri Feb 16, 2018 1:11 am

Clara was nothing if not methodical. She'd kept up a similar routine for just about all four and half years she'd been at Hogwarts, and she wasn't about to stop now. Every day, she'd attend classes, break for lunch, then come straight to the library and finish her homework. Once that was done, she'd read and research whatever happened to strike her fancy that day. Lately, it had been ancient runes, though she took a slight break when she'd gone home for Christmas.

Currently, she was reading Kant's Critique of Pure Reason. She always tended to pick up muggle books when she went home, since it was hard to find them at Hogwarts. It was a difficult read, but thought provoking. She found herself pausing every couple pages to process and debate with herself over whether or not she could disprove Kant's assertions.

At one point, something he said reminded her of a magical concept she'd read about somewhere. She couldn't remember it exactly, and she couldn't shake it from her head until she got up to look for the book she'd read it in, so she stuck her finger in between the pages of her book to mark her spot, and rose from her nook in the study section of the library. She paced down the aisles, fingers brushing across the spines of the dusty tomes as she scanned the shelves, not exactly looking where she was going.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A Break in Routine (Ozskar)   A Break in Routine (Ozskar) EmptyFri Feb 16, 2018 1:29 am

Ozskar entered the library and looked around at who was around then continued further into the room. He had just come here from lunch and his mind still lingered on the food and how much he missed his own fathers cooking, but he quickly shook that thought out of his head and instead went into thinking about the book he was returning. This book was a collection of notes from Harvey Ridgebit, a Dragonologist who was the first to catch a Peruvian Vipertooth, he had enjoyed it but had hoped it would've focused more upon the actual capturing of the creature than its description.

Ozskar had found that he was at the return desk and handed the book to the person working there afterward, he returned to where he had found the book in hopes of finding something covering Hippocampi. He ran his finger along the spines of the books looking at the titles as he wandered down the aisle before stopping and pulling a book from where it stood.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A Break in Routine (Ozskar)   A Break in Routine (Ozskar) EmptyFri Feb 16, 2018 1:51 am

She was in the magical plants and creatures section--she could've sworn it was a book on wand properties or something, which would fall under wand woods and cores, which in turn would fall under magical plants and creatures--when she bumped into someone.

She wasn't the best at multitasking. Her full attention was occupied with searching for a book that looked familiar; she didn't even realize there was someone else in the area. Her eyes were fixed on the shelf to her left, and her surroundings were blocked out of her mind.

Her initial reaction when bumping into someone was simply to take a step back and switch her gaze to the person who had gotten in her way. She didn't apologise at first--it always took her a second to remember to apologise, it wasn't automatic. She blinked as she stared up at the boy. He looked vaguely familiar, as if she'd probably seen him in a class or in the hallways, but she didn't know his name and had never spoken to him. Finally, she remembered her manners.

"Sorry." She would have just brushed past him at that point and gone on her way, but the aisle was rather narrow and it was hard to get by, so she simply stood there, adjusting her grip on her book which she thankfully hadn't dropped.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A Break in Routine (Ozskar)   A Break in Routine (Ozskar) EmptyFri Feb 16, 2018 2:13 am

As Ozskar was bumped into he had almost dropped the book in his hand catching, it by the end of its spine before grabbing it in a more manageable way afterward he turned to face the girl that had bumped into him. He began taking note of everything he could notice about her, his mind obsessively gathering information to work with and to toy with.

He knew he had seen her, but he was feeling a tiny bit forgetful today and couldn't place if he knew her vaguely or hadn't spoken to her at all, he thought before realizing what she had said. "Oh no, I shouldn't have stood in the aisle. Do you need any help looking for something? I really only came to return a book before taking a look down here." He said with a quiet chuckle as he looked at the book in her hands before returning his gaze to the rest of the aisle and eventually back to.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A Break in Routine (Ozskar)   A Break in Routine (Ozskar) EmptyMon Mar 05, 2018 11:07 pm

"Where else would you stand?" Clara asked. The boy's reasoning for blaming himself wasn't quite justified--it had definitely been her fault. Still, there was hardly any point in arguing over something so trivial. She addressed his question next.

"If I knew what I was looking for, I'd be able to find it. The library has a clear organizational system. Unfortunately, I don't remember the title or the author. I'm just hoping something will ring a bell if I see it. I'm fairly certain it's about wand woods, or just wand making in general. I read it several years ago."

She shifted her gaze from the boy and back towards the shelves next to them, continuing her search. She skimmed the titles for something that sounded familiar, but nothing looked particularly promising. Maybe it wasn't in this section? No, she'd been fairly certain of that much. She considered just leaving it--really, it wasn't that big of a deal. She only wanted to look up one thing. Unfortunately, once something entered her mind, she had a hard time shaking it off until she satisfied whatever curiosity she had. It would continue to bug her until she found out what it was.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Break in Routine (Ozskar)   A Break in Routine (Ozskar) Empty

Back to top Go down

A Break in Routine (Ozskar)
Page 1 of 1