Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

Tessa Greene

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Meet Up with Victoria (Victoria and Adaline) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» Election Night (Tessa)
Meet Up with Victoria (Victoria and Adaline) Emptyby Tessa Greene Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:38 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Meet Up with Victoria (Victoria and Adaline) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
Meet Up with Victoria (Victoria and Adaline) Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

» Alexander Quinn
Meet Up with Victoria (Victoria and Adaline) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:50 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Meet Up with Victoria (Victoria and Adaline)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Meet Up with Victoria (Victoria and Adaline) Empty
PostSubject: Meet Up with Victoria (Victoria and Adaline)   Meet Up with Victoria (Victoria and Adaline) EmptySat May 27, 2017 2:25 pm

It had been a long time since Adaline had actually had some time to hang out with her friends, for one she had her job now and then there was the fact that she was always taking care of her kids but now that Silas was six and Eliza four she had sent them off to a pre-school for a couple of hours so that during the day she didn't have to worry what was happening with her kids.

That day she actually sent them to Kai's parents, with kisses on their cheeks and smiles at Kai's parents, who had reassured her that leaving the kids with them when she wanted time to herself was okay with them, before she had flooed over to the Leaky Cauldron and then made her way to one of the many empty tables in the place, ordering two butterbeer's and she waited for her friend; sure they saw each other at the Ministry but both of them were swamped with work, being Lawyers was no easy job and even though they worked in the same department, their boss had them do so many cases that it was a surprise how they got time to take their breaks.

Sipping on her butterbeer, Adaline relaxed for the first time in a while, eagerly awaiting Victoria;
maybe they'd be able to finally take some time to just chat like they did before they got their job.
Back to top Go down
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

Birthday : 1998-02-13
Job/hobbies : Legal Adviser

PostSubject: Re: Meet Up with Victoria (Victoria and Adaline)   Meet Up with Victoria (Victoria and Adaline) EmptySun May 28, 2017 8:43 pm

After having Jake ring her up in a flood of tears explaining that Veronika had left without any real reason being provided, Victoria had been so angry she'd left work in an instant. Family, in the Newbury household, came first, and her brother needed her. Victoria had stayed with her brother for a week or so, aiding him in getting back on his feet, and helping him to deal with the four and eighteen month old child he'd been left to look after on his own.

Victoria, of course, had been enough of a distraction to help her brother, but she still did not understand why all of this had happened. But the children were more important.

However, even Victoria needed a break, and so when Adaline had asked about meeting up, the witch had said yes. She'd apologised to Jake, but he understood she had her own life, and though she could see that he was a little nervous of being left with the two children, he'd smiled. Pressing a kiss to her brother's cheek, Victoria had set out for the evening.

The pub was as busy as always and Victoria wasted no time, getting two vodka and cokes, she located Adaline, and moved to sit opposite her friend, passing the drink to her friend who looked to be 'going steady' with a Butterbeer. "Hey, let's not play around with soft drinks, eh? We could both do with letting out hair down!" Victoria told her best friend with a smile that could simply not be said no to.

"How are you? How are Silas and Eliza? It seems an age since I saw them both!" Victoria asked enthusiastically. Kids were her forte, and she was definitely envious that everyone else seemed to have them but her. Though, of course, Victoria was more than happy with her life, and doting on other people's children was enough for her in the present moment.

~ Profile ~ Vickson Playlist ~
~ Slender ~ 30 ~ Bookworm ~ 5' ~ American ~
Meet Up with Victoria (Victoria and Adaline) Rsz_1v10
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Meet Up with Victoria (Victoria and Adaline)   Meet Up with Victoria (Victoria and Adaline) EmptySun Jul 02, 2017 8:14 pm

Seeing Victoria after such a long time of not actually being able to see her made Adaline relax and finally brush away the thoughts that had seemed to linger on her deceased former fiancee and her children currently being looked after their paternal grandparents.

Her own parents seemed to just ignore the fact that Adaline had kids despite the fact that her mother had loved the two children but after Adaline had revealed that she had no plans on giving up her children to Kai's parents fully and that she was going to look after them, her parents had just outright ignored her, thankfully they couldn't just write her off their will purely because they would lose their youngest children two, her younger siblings adored her and their niece and nephew and should her parents try anything dirty they wouldn't have any children left.

"Good evening Victoria," Adaline said with a soft laugh as she pushed away her Butterbeer and took the Vodka and coke, smiling lightly at the thought of her children, both Silas and Eliza were little devils and Adaline already could see some of Kai's mannerisms in them, which at times made her melancholic but she didn't cry anymore.

"They're devils I tell you." The brunette witch replied with a soft huff, rolling her eyes fondly. "Silas more than Eliza but I fear for when my little girl grows up even more. She's already getting into mischief and Silas just urges her on..." She pretty much gushed as she talked about her kids. "And how are Jake's little ones? It's been a while since I saw him... There's.. a rumour going around..." She wearily stepped into what had been going on through her mind. "That Veronika left Jake..."

She hadn't believed it, not really, considering just how loved up the two of them had been and unless she heard it from either Jake or Victoria she wouldn't believe it. Hopefully, it wasn't true but deep in her heart she knew that it was, otherwise Victoria wouldn't be looking so haggard.
Back to top Go down
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Meet Up with Victoria (Victoria and Adaline)   Meet Up with Victoria (Victoria and Adaline) EmptyTue Jul 04, 2017 8:48 pm

Victoria was grinning upon hearing Adaline gush over her children. She loved hearing people when they were being so enthusiastic about their children, her brother was very much the same when it came to his own children, the way people's faces lit up when speaking of their children was contagious and Victoria was feeding off of the happiness with her own smile.

"Well, isn't that what big brothers are for at this age? Jake used to be exactly the same with me!" Victoria told Adaline with a grin, though she didn't add the part she added in her head. Before the accident. That, well, that had changed Jake, and made him so very protective of her, but those words were not something Adaline needed to hear. "Until he's come to realise just how precious Eliza is, of course, then he will protect her something fierce." Victoria added with a soft giggle.

However, as the conversation turned to Jake, Victoria's happiness faded slightly, she sobered considerably as she looked across at her friend. "The rumours are true." The younger witch admitted sadly, tucking her hair behind her ear carefully before looking across at Adaline. "We're still not one hundred percent sure why, truthfully. Jake is going spare, not knowing for sure. Sometimes he thinks it was his work pattern being too heavy, though I have assured him time and again he does lots for his children, did a lot for Veronika. But he won't listen.

"Other times he wonders if his want for another child pushed Veronika away, but I told him that he would never push her too far. He's a good man, he always has been, but he can't see that at the moment." Victoria told her friend sadly. "But, he's doing well, considering, and the kids are as lovely as always. I just... need to get Jake to realise he's a good man again, though that's not always easy when you're tied to children who need you more than anyone else in the world."

The explanation had been a lengthy one, but Victoria wasn't going to withhold the information from her closest friend. Adaline, of all people, would understand how Jake was at the moment.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Meet Up with Victoria (Victoria and Adaline)   Meet Up with Victoria (Victoria and Adaline) EmptyTue Jul 25, 2017 7:46 pm

Adaline knew perfectly well that she was gushing, she always did when talking about her two precious jewels, and she doubted that she would ever stop. The two of them were her pride and joy and the only thing that she had left of Kai and no matter how much people told her to just let go, she couldn't do that.

"Well, I suppose that is true." Adaline laughed softly at that, listening with a fond look on her face as Victoria narrated away at a bit of her childhood. "That," She snorted. "Is going to be something to see. Despite her young age, Eliza is taking after me in mannerism and you know how I was in Hogwarts. I didn't take shit from anyone and neither will she, especially from Silas." She snickered at the thought of her little girl putting her big brother in place should he get too unbearable.

Adaline closely watched Victoria's face for any sign of what was going on, her lawyer training kicking in unconsciously as she catalogued away the different tells she could see on the weary woman. Without Victoria even saying anything Adaline could tell straight off that the rumours were true; Veronika had, indeed, left Jake. "That..." Adaline shook her head and sighed softly. "I don't know what to say; I won't pity him, he doesn't need it, but I do feel for him. Taking care of two kids isn't easy, I know because I'm in that place right now." She leant back and crossed one leg over the other, sipping on her drink. "Jake is a good man, Veronika was an idiot to not see it. Whatever reason she has won't be good enough, I will never forgive someone for leaving a good man like Jake. He's done nothing wrong."

She was getting annoyed and angry on Jake's behalf; should she ever see Veronika she would demand an explanation from the woman but she doubted she ever would see the woman. At least she would pretend to not see her. Her patience would probably not last with the woman.
Back to top Go down
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Meet Up with Victoria (Victoria and Adaline)   Meet Up with Victoria (Victoria and Adaline) EmptyTue Jul 25, 2017 9:31 pm

Victoria let out a soft chuckle at Adaline's words. "That's always a good thing! A strong girl will definitely be encouraged around us two, anyway!" She added with a soft chuckle, there was no denying that she and Adaline would not allow for Eliza to be anything less than confident in herself and her own capabilities.

Adaline's words brought a smile to Victoria's lips. She knew her brother to be a good man, no one could convince her otherwise, but that did not mean that she didn't like to hear that her opinion was not the only one that thought the same.

"I don't think I'd know what to say to Veronika if I saw her, but I'm not worried about her. The children and Jake are the priority at the moment." Victoria explained with a small smile, before motioning to their drinks. "However, tonight isn't about being sad. Tonight is about having a good time, and that is what we should do." Victoria explained, pushing a smile on to her lips.

"Have you had many successes this week that we can drink to?" Victoria asked, because their job was a rewarding one, when you put the guilty people in to Azkaban for their crimes.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Meet Up with Victoria (Victoria and Adaline)   Meet Up with Victoria (Victoria and Adaline) EmptyWed Jul 26, 2017 2:02 pm

"I wouldn't let her be anything but strong." Adaline said with a wry smile on her lips. If anything the woman would make sure that her daughter wouldn't take anything laying down, she wouldn't let Eliza be a push over. "She's not someone who will let anyone walk over her." She doubted that even Kai would've been able to stop her from growing into such a strong woman as she slowly was.

Jake, when Adaline had been a student still, had been a great Professor and from Victoria's words, she also knew that he was a great man. Only when she graduated did she actually get to know him more privately; he was a very good man and a great father but she knew, perfectly well, that it wasn't easy raising two children alone and despite the help that he got, his family probably couldn't be there all the time.

"Yeah well, Veronika was an idiot for leaving such a man like Jake. No way would I have done that." The brunette said with a soft smile on her lips before nodding her head in agreement. "I agree, tonight isn't about being sad." She smiled back at Victoria, clearly able to read the other woman's want of changing the subject.

"I have had six cases this week..." Adaline grimaced, taking a gulp of her drink. "I won all six though one of them still leaves a bitter taste in my mouth." Being a lawyer wasn't as easy as people thought, yes the pay was nice, there was no denying that, but you had to fight for people that hired you; even though you knew that the person you were working for was guilty you had to make them seem innocent or at least make the tribunal give them a lighter sentence.
Back to top Go down
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Meet Up with Victoria (Victoria and Adaline)   Meet Up with Victoria (Victoria and Adaline) EmptySun Jul 30, 2017 9:49 pm

Victoria couldn't help but smile at the notion Adaline wouldn't have it any other way -- Victoria knew Adaline wouldn't push anything on her children, but making sure they grew up knowing of equality, and the like, was something Victoria agreed with. Encouraged, even, and this was precisely why she and Adaline got on so well. "Good." Victoria settled on with a smile.

Speaking of Veronika had put a little bit of a dampener on their evening, but Victoria was glad Adaline was going to let it go. It wasn't good to dwell, and Jake would be happy again, with time.

Hearing that Adaline had managed to win all of her cases made Victoria beam at her best friend. "That's great news! I'm so proud of you! Well done!" Victoria gushed, before hearing that Adaline had had to protect some people that were not deserving. That... in Victoria's mind, was the worst part. But, where she could, she refused the cases she knew the defendant to be guilty without remorse. They didn't deserve a defence, as hard as that was to say. But Victoria understood.

"You know you don't have to accept all the cases you're given, though, right?" Victoria added, though she was sure Adaline did, she wanted to be sure.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Meet Up with Victoria (Victoria and Adaline)   Meet Up with Victoria (Victoria and Adaline) EmptyTue Aug 29, 2017 4:53 pm

Adaline wasn't going to force her daughter to do anything but she would instil a sense of pride in her flesh and blood; no way was Eliza going to be running around thinking that men were above her and were allowed to walk all over her. Equality on all terms is the lesson she hoped to teach both Eliza and Silas and she would be damned if either of her children didn't heed to those lessons.

The topic of Veronika was clearly taboo and Adaline made a mental note to never speak of the woman who had given birth to Jake's children.

"Thank you." The woman sighed softly as she slumped in her chair, eyes falling closed at the thought of the few court cases that she had that her morals didn't agree with. Defending someone whom she, herself, knew wasn't innocent went so out of her moral alignment that she had been sick for days afterwards; of course, at work, she showed nothing of her dilemma and instead did everything in her power to keep them from Azkaban even if they should've gone.

"I know but I have two children to look after Victoria." Adaline pointed out sadly. "I can't be picky with my cases... Thankfully the Muggle ones are much easier on me. I only take cases that I know I can win. Here though I'm on the Minister's paycheck pretty much until I can get my own firm."

And that was also the second reason why she wasn't as picky with her cases; she needed money to start up her own lawyers firm and for that, she needed clients as well as money.
Back to top Go down
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Meet Up with Victoria (Victoria and Adaline)   Meet Up with Victoria (Victoria and Adaline) EmptySat Sep 02, 2017 5:14 pm

"I know you do, but, you have a little room for movement." Victoria tried to persuade her friend, but she knew that Adaline would put her children first, before what she believed to be right and wrong. After all, doing only the 'right' cases, wouldn't put enough money in the witch's pockets to look after them.

"But, I understand." Victoria said, reaching across the table carefully to place her hand on top of her best friend's before giving it a soft squeeze of reassurance.

"On a happier note, though, we should do something with all of the children some time. I know Ivan and Adrienne love your two, so it would be good to get them together for a play date." Victoria insisted with a warm smile. "Maybe we can take them swimming, or something? Ivan loves to swim, Adrienne is still learning, but I think it will be good. It will tire them all out, if nothing else!" Victoria added, hoping this would be an idea that Adaline would consider.

"Oh, and of course, if you ever need me to have Silas and Eliza when you're working on a case so you can concentrate, do ring me up. I love having kids around. I promise I won't spoil them..." Victoria said, before adding softly. "Too much." With a soft giggle, Victoria sipped at her drink once more, feeling the alcohol settle her just a little bit in that moment.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meet Up with Victoria (Victoria and Adaline)   Meet Up with Victoria (Victoria and Adaline) Empty

Back to top Go down

Meet Up with Victoria (Victoria and Adaline)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next