Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» .The Wonder Years - Blue - June, 2009 (Alexagramma)
Oh Good, A Distraction (Felicia) Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:48 pm

» The Wonder Years - Red - May, 2008 (Alexagramma)
Oh Good, A Distraction (Felicia) Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:48 pm

» Fly on the wings of fondness (JacZalea)
Oh Good, A Distraction (Felicia) Emptyby Jacques Clement Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:49 pm

» If only I, could make a deal with God
Oh Good, A Distraction (Felicia) Emptyby The Administrator Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:33 pm

» When it Rains, It Pours ((Open))
Oh Good, A Distraction (Felicia) Emptyby The Administrator Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:32 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Oh Good, A Distraction (Felicia)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Oh Good, A Distraction (Felicia) Empty
PostSubject: Oh Good, A Distraction (Felicia)   Oh Good, A Distraction (Felicia) EmptySun Jun 25, 2017 2:56 pm

It was her father's turn to have her for the Christmas holidays, and honestly, the entire time had been... Grating. It wasn't just the two of them anymore. And Christmas Eve was no longer eating some crappy meal her father whipped up while watching the Christmas movies on the television. No, this year it was dinner with his girlfriend and her children- one of whom was a boy that was a couple of years older than Violet, and another a girl her age. She didn't take well to the girl- who was bright, bubbly and cheerful... Around the parents at least. Though didn't like Violet in the least while left to their own devices, and wasn't afraid to show it through attempted intimidation, cruel statements, which Violet found highly amusing, considering that she could make this girl's life a living hell, if she cared enough. It bought a smirk to her face to see this slender, blue-eyed girl, named Chloe, continuously try to wind her up, only to have Violet stand there, eyebrow raised and rolling her eyes.

The girl's brother, Curtis, on the other hand, seemed to like Violet very much. Though she found him repulsive. Completely and utterly repulsive. She wasn't about to even get started on their mother...

An argument had erupted Christmas dinner. Chloe had complained about something, and Violet did what she did best. She pushed until it burst. And when the yelling started, she stood up and walked out. It was dark out, and starting to snow. And Violet hadn't bothered to put on a coat, though she didn't really care all that much. She walked briskly up the street, hugging her arms around her torso in attempt to keep warm. Part of her frustration was the fact that her father was hers, and she didn't like people taking what was hers.

The street was poorly lit, so Violet remained on the path, not really looking where she was headed, just away from her father's house, resisting the urge to head back there and rain hell.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Oh Good, A Distraction (Felicia)   Oh Good, A Distraction (Felicia) EmptyMon Jun 26, 2017 4:40 am

Violet Lynch. Hufflepuff. Managed to blackmail one of her people (who had then been dealt with for allowing a teenager to get the upper hand) to allowing her to aid in the attack of Hogwarts. That had been a few years ago, and ever since, Felicia had been watching and waiting, learning all she could about the witch. She'd been too young, then, too immature, to prone to outburts, and Felicia had stayed away, content with merely watching

But now Violet was seventeen and legally an adult; she could do what she wanted, and while Felicia still didn't particularly like the idea of recruiting someone so young, Violet was different. From what Felicia could tell, Violet was a psychopath, and that mean whether twelve or twenty, she would be capable of things that most adults wouldn't ever dream of doing -- things that would make the typical human sick to their stomachs.

And it was this ability that Felicia was after.

She'd tracked Violet from Hogwarts to her father's house. Tomas Lynch, his girlfriend (who wasn't worth much note), and two children. She'd watched, hidden in the shadows, the door of the house, waiting for what she predicted would happen. Sure enough, the door opened sometime late at night and Violet came storming out in nothing but her normal clothes. Chloe, Felicia had long since realised, was not a nice girl. Combine someone who liked having the upper hand and was used to getting her way with a psychopath who did not truly know the meaning of 'compromise' (what psychopath ever did?) and there would be bound to be a fight.

Felicia waited. Watched as Violet headed further and further down the street and then, a smile on her face, apparated to a point further down, making sure she was far enough away that Violet wouldn't be able to hear the 'crack'. Calmly, with an air of someone who meant business -- but not neglecting her smile -- Felicia walked down the street to meet with Violet somewhere near the middle.

As the witch came into sight, Felicia kept walking, waiting until they were eight feet or so apart. One hand resting gently on where her wand was, but not taking it out, Felicia stopped short. "Hello, Violet," she said, calmly, as though greeting an old friend. "It's nice to finally meet you."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Oh Good, A Distraction (Felicia)   Oh Good, A Distraction (Felicia) EmptyMon Jun 26, 2017 12:56 pm

She wasn't long into her walk when she saw the outline of a figure walking towards her. She didn't take much note, assuming it was just some muggle on their way somewhere that Christmas night. That was until the person stopped a short distance in front of her. Violet had glanced up, stopping in her tracks, when the woman addressed her by name. She'd never met this woman before, though the woman seemed to already know her, oddly enough.

"I'd say the same," she replied to the woman's comment "If I knew who you were," she added, eyes flickering to where the woman had her hand. On a wand perhaps? It was far more likely she was a witch, Violet knew no muggles, nor did she have any associations with them, besides of course her family. And even then, that was on her father's side only. The bigger question was, what would anyone want with her to begin with? Besides Jacques, she didn't talk to anyone. And she hadn't heard anything from the Nightshades since the day they attacked Hogsmede. And even then, the only thing she could think of that might warrant a visit from one of them was the sword that she now possessed. Though she was certain that no one, not even Jacques, knew about that little secret.

"So, who are you?" she asked, tilting her head slightly to the side, taking in as much of the woman's looks as she could in the low light, looking for some feature she might recognise. But nothing sparked a memory, She made no attempt to reach for her wand, such a move might be considered hostile, and Violet didn't know who she was dealing with at that time.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Oh Good, A Distraction (Felicia)   Oh Good, A Distraction (Felicia) EmptyWed Jun 28, 2017 9:25 am

Felicia mentally waved away Violet's response. It seemed to be an attempt at maintaining the upper hand, of showing that she wasn't concerned; there was no need for any of this with Felicia. She'd already tailed the Hufflepuff for a long time and already knew things about her that no normal person would. Whether Violet knew who she was or not didn't matter. She would, in time, if the offer was accepted -- and Felicia had made a profile of Violet so detailed that she was certain the offer would not be turned down.

The question, though, made Felicia smile. "That doesn't matter," she said, simply. A moment passed. "I know you who you are, what you do, and what you are capable of. I know you blackmailed a Nightshade into allowing you to help all that time ago. I know you enjoy violence; why else would you have helped? I know you are restless and you are bored."

Felicia paused again. "You should be asking why I am here, not who I am. I could be anybody, and my offer will remain the same. It is the offer that is important, not my identity -- not yet."

Now, Felicia slipped out her wand, pointing it not at Violet, but above them. Although she didn't need to, she said, firmly, "Muffliato." She allowed a moment to pass, and then added, "Protego maxima," watching the silverish barrier form around them. Looking back at Violet, she slid her wand back into her pocket and crossed her arms. It had been more as a show, to prove to Violet that they were talking in private, than anything else.

"I want you to come work for me," Felicia said, getting straight to the point. "I could use someone like you." Instead of elaborating, however, she left it at that, waiting to allow the younger witch to respond.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Oh Good, A Distraction (Felicia)   Oh Good, A Distraction (Felicia) EmptyFri Jun 30, 2017 3:03 pm

She listened as the woman spoke, as she listed all the things that she knew that, well, she shouldn't, no, couldn't know unless she held a high position. Resourceful. And clever, this woman did her research. Violet didn't try to deny anything, there was no point. All she did was watch the woman, her face not faltering in the slightest, with the exception of a slight tilt of the head that if anything, looked and remained inquisitive. Even when the woman drew her wand, to make the shield, ensuring privacy.

And then, came the offer for work. Surely, it'd have to be a job like no other. Why else would she bring up the fact that Violet was obviously restless and bored. She was, of course, right. Violet never really seemed to be satisfied with normal teenage things. No, she absolutely thrived in chaos and violence. Was it so obvious that a stranger could tell? Violet had thought she'd been doing a good job hiding that, recently at least (Jacques having caught her during the attack on Hogwarts being the 'wake up call' so to speak). Or perhaps she was just incredibly perceptive.

"Someone like me," she nodded, letting a small smile creep onto her lips "I'm guessing this isn't your typical nine-to-five job." she paused a moment "Can I get a job description?" she asked, letting her voice show that she was indeed intrigued. It'd been something she'd been working on, expression. Something that didn't really come naturally, but something that had proven useful in the past.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Oh Good, A Distraction (Felicia)   Oh Good, A Distraction (Felicia) EmptyThu Jul 27, 2017 12:42 pm

Felicia waved away the joke with a single gesture of her hand, indicating both that she wasn't interested in the joke and acknowledging that it was true. Still she said nothing, watching, waiting. And then the question came and Felicia smiled. It wasn't a friendly one, nor was it directed at Violet; it was cold and said more of what the job entailed than words could.

She let a moment pass, as though trying to find the words, and then said, "No." Not allowing Violet any time, she continued after only a heartbeat. "If I told you and you declined, I would have to ensure your silence. If you don't know anything, there won't be anything to keep secret. I can't tell you the details of this job; you're going to have to either accept or decline without the information you would need to make a smart choice."

Her smile didn't change as she lifted her shoulder in a shrug. "I can tell you three things. Firstly, you will enjoy it. Secondly, you will learn how to be better at things you enjoy doing now. Lastly, in time, you will learn spells that gets rid of blood stains from clothes. Until you do, I would suggest not wearing anything you enjoy to work." Not taking her eyes from Violet, she concluded, "You may ask questions if you wish; the chances I answer are low. I will give you time to think, but I require an answer tonight."

She was done; there was nothing more to be said, and she stood, waiting for the Hufflepuff to respond.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Oh Good, A Distraction (Felicia)   Oh Good, A Distraction (Felicia) EmptyMon Jul 31, 2017 3:14 pm

This woman, she was dangerous. It wasn't hard to tell really. As foolish as it might have been, Violet didn't really care. Sure, Violet had become more cautious in recent times, mainly due to Jacques' knowing a little too much for her liking. But cautious was boring. And danger was interesting. Danger without the possibility of being locked up for engaging in it... The idea was attractive. The mystery surrounding it, even more so. She'd always been pulled more towards the dark side, and this woman seemed to radiate that.

She tilted her head to the side, as though considering what she was saying. Three things. An assurance that she'd like it, that she'd improve upon what she'd enjoy... And that she'd learn how to get rid of bloodstains. Well that, she knew already. Ammonia. Sometimes the muggle way was the simpler way. Spells might be useful if needed quickly though.

The woman concluded with an invitation for questions. Violet didn't need to think much at all. She'd supposed that even asking for time to think about it would be taken as an automatic decline. Violet straightened up, a rare, genuine smirk tugging at the corner of her lips.

"When do I start?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oh Good, A Distraction (Felicia)   Oh Good, A Distraction (Felicia) Empty

Back to top Go down

Oh Good, A Distraction (Felicia)
Page 1 of 1