Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests

Tessa Greene

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Late Night Shift (Quinn) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» Election Night (Tessa)
Late Night Shift (Quinn) Emptyby Tessa Greene Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:38 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Late Night Shift (Quinn) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
Late Night Shift (Quinn) Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

» Alexander Quinn
Late Night Shift (Quinn) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:50 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Late Night Shift (Quinn)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Late Night Shift (Quinn) Empty
PostSubject: Late Night Shift (Quinn)   Late Night Shift (Quinn) EmptySat Jul 29, 2017 10:53 pm

Tess loved what she did; she loved the way she could create a mixture of potions and solutions to heal people. She loved using her hands and being able to help individuals go back to normal. While she was not the warmest person, she knew she had good intentions about helping society. But at the moment, the positivity in the job was waning; it was one in the morning and she was running on her third cup of black coffee. Her body ran on it, from her first cup of coffee that made her brain start working, to the last one on she took an hour before her shift ended.

She was told many times it wasn't good for her, hell she knew it too. But she wanted to be sharp, she wanted to stay in the right mindset to allow herself to be a competent healer. And as of now she was barely passing through; she was still junior ranking meaning that she got the shit shifts. She had to do triple shifts just to make sure the heads knew she was passionate about what she did. And now this was her third shift, a shift that was almost to an end.

'Fifteen more minutes' she thought smiling.

As she held the cup closely in her hands she took in the warmth ready to face whatever patient came her way. So far she had two tweens arguing over a boy, one boy who had a prank gone wrong, and accidental wandless magic. The more glamorous and more complicated patients went to the men in her ranks. She wasn't stupid; there were some moments that it was a man's world and this was one of them.

"Fourteen" she murmured to herself.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Shift (Quinn)   Late Night Shift (Quinn) EmptySun Jul 30, 2017 12:12 am

"Listen.........". He could hear the fire in his voice starting to lick underneath the door Frame that was his patience.  "It's.....not....woorking..". He said slowly, and placing emphasis on the last word.  He had seen these so called "healers" multiple times over the past several months, and yet he still had an excess of pain on his side.  His use of the cane was slowly starting to go away, though he worried it was because of his own resolve more than the actual healing process.

The check in witch looked up at him, her eyes endless pools of protocol and incompetence.  "Sir please check in and we will triage you in the order and severity of your injury...". She said for the eleventh time.  As for Quinn he could feel his fingers drumming on the table.  Snatching the paper causing its corner to tear slightly he sat himself a little harder than necessary in the chair, though the only one he showed was himself as a lightning strike of pain moved across his side and up into his shoulder.

Filling the form out he quickly returned to the desk and handed it in.  Sighing and realizing he had met his match in the dulsate tones of a reception witch he resigned himself to the triage waiting area.  His only hope was that he could sneak in.  It wasn't to full considering the time, so maybe it wouldn't be as bad as he anticipated.

Taking out the potion he twirled the small violet bottle between his fingers.  It was supposed to ease the magical malady that had befallen him, yet he didn't feel the slightest of relief.  This was the third potion in as many weeks, and it was nearing the end of his patience with being the guinea pig to self proclaimed experts.  

He hadn't slept properly in weeks, he figured he'd be better off not sleeping here hoping for relief than tossing and turning in his apartment.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Shift (Quinn)   Late Night Shift (Quinn) EmptySun Jul 30, 2017 12:39 am

"Holmes, times up! Get back to the walk-ins. We have one that seems like he is a tough one. Hamblin assigned the next one for you. Have fun baby"

Tess sneered at Anderson, he was a real jerk and always made sure to give her a hard time. Her name was an unfortunate burden, after all, how many times could you say you bossed around a Holmes family member? She cursed softly to herself knowing that she was almost free. So much for ten more minutes.

Throwing the empty cup away, she got herself ready. Slipping her hair up in a ponytail, she made sure nothing was out of place before slipping on her coat on. Moving to the sink, she washed her hands meticulous making sure to follow all the procedures.

"Making mistakes is unacceptable" she whispered softly before pushing the doors to the reception.

Grabbing the clipboard from Eloise the receptionist she looked down and read the list of her next patient's complaints. This definitely seemed like a more complicated case, in fact it was far more interesting than expected.

"Mr. King!" she called out. "Mr. King! Please follow me"

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Shift (Quinn)   Late Night Shift (Quinn) EmptySun Jul 30, 2017 1:20 am

After sitting for under five minutes a witch came out and called his name.  Perhaps his luck was actually turning around.  Flipping the bottle in between his fingers it quickly disappeared into his pockets.

His right hand pressed against the cab helping raise him from his seat.  As always distinctly aware he was far to young for a cane, and much to self conscious to not let that fact show how much it bothered him.  

Hobbling his way through the room he followed the robbed healer.  As he began to follow her out of the room he would say, "Well that was a record.....you aren't junior or anything right?"  He would say with a smile his mod west American accent clearly audible.  He would follow her into an examination room, and have a seat.  He hoped she had read his chart, though he was also fully prepared to go through his history.  It was like a speech he had long ago memorized, besides at this hour he knew he'd seen none of these healers.  He was also starting to wonder if he needed to go back to America to find a proper cure.

His hair had been trimmed to an acceptable and formal length.  Freshly shaved, and his clothes were a bit more formal than what one am required.  Black slacks, a deep purple button up, with a tie.  It was habit, but one had to look their best when going out.  Besides, he started his new position very soon.  He had interviewed well, and got the job even if it was the end of term.  At least he'd have time to set up a classroom and plan lessons..........maybe even do some of it here depending on how long all this took.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Shift (Quinn)   Late Night Shift (Quinn) EmptySun Jul 30, 2017 2:05 am

You never knew what you got in with walk-ins. Sometimes it was something that took a simple band aid and some like this one proved to look like a long session. Looking at the young man walking her way, she played poker face not knowing exactly how he would be. She did tend to get the worst people during this hazing process.

"Good...morning Mr. King" she looked at the clock in mild surprise.

But his first greeting did catch her by surprise. She knew that he half-jokingly asked her the question about her status and experience and she did not blame him. She knew how she looked; someone jokingly told her she was a kid in a giant coat playing mediwitch. And sometimes she felt as silly as she looked.

"I assure you I am more than capable of giving you what you need Mr. King" she said softly.

She signaled him to sit down in front of her as she finished his chart. She was surprised at the fact that he was so sharply dressed this early in the morning. Perhaps it was his profession? She was not going to pry more than needed; she was told more than enough times to be professional and be as warm as possible.

"Now Mr. King, from a scale from 1 to 10, how would you say your pain is and how consistent it is or was."

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Shift (Quinn)   Late Night Shift (Quinn) EmptySun Jul 30, 2017 6:14 am

"I'm sure you are..". He would say in response to her comment about giving him what he needs.  Following her back and having a seat at her command was the easy part.  While there was a grimace as he lowered himself down, all in all things could be going worse.  

His first impression of her was that she looked young, though that was nearly everyone's first impression of him, so he let it slide without comment. His earlier one had been more of a joke after all.  

As she asked him about his pain, he smiled so as to be at odds with his current predicament.  Before he spoke he removed two potion bottles from his pockets setting them on the table beside him.  "Well.  On a scale of one to ten.....I'd have to place it somewhere between stepping on a Lego and humping a Hungarian horntail."  He would say with a small laugh which turned into a lot of side holding.  Karma, she was a bitch.

Originally it had only been the former for pain scale.  However he was tired of getting blank stairs from the purebloods about what a Lego was.  So he had added the latter.  If that was one thing he didn't know it was the families of Britain.  Often time being lost on names and honestly not trying that hard ether.

"I've had this pain, I've tried to do what they told me, I've done it all, yet here I am.  All I would like is for one person to know what they are doing, I don't think that's to much at ask..". He would say a little shortly.  Not meaning to be rude, but this was getting ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Shift (Quinn)   Late Night Shift (Quinn) EmptySun Jul 30, 2017 6:41 am

"Well.  On a scale of one to ten.....I'd have to place it somewhere between stepping on a Lego and humping a Hungarian horntail."  

Tess gripped her clipboard tightly in confusion at the mention of foreign things. She mouthed the word Lego softly trying to figure out what it was. She was not sure what he meant but she assumed it was something small and annoying. And the Hungarian...she flushed at the improper language in front of her. So much for asking Rhian what a Lego was.

I've had this pain, I've tried to do what they told me, I've done it all, yet here I am.  All I would like is for one person to know what they are doing, I don't think that's to much at ask.."

Grabbing the phials, she studied the color. The coloring was off and she opened it only to be disappointed at he dilution of the potion. Sniffing it softly she frowned knowing that it seemed a bit aged.

"Interesting..." she trailed off.

Putting the phials behind her she slipped on her gloves before turning over to him. She knew that this was never a comfortable situation but it had to be done.

"May you please remove your blazer and shirt? I would like to see if it's muscle spasms, or...something else" she refused to imply that it might be a psychosomatic mess.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Shift (Quinn)   Late Night Shift (Quinn) EmptySun Jul 30, 2017 1:51 pm

"Indeed..". He would say watching her facial cues as she examined the contents of the little bottles.  He had made the last three years a living by judging and watching people.  Picking up on tells and reacting before they did.  It was with this knowledge he felt that someone somewhere had made an error, given by her own reaction no matter if she tried to hide it.

When she asked him to remove his outer layers, he just smiled and rolled his eyes.  He'd been poked and prodded so many times prior that this was routine and on occasion he had considered coming in half naked just to speed it all up.  "Not a problem..". He would say in an exasperated tone.  

Prior to standing he undid his tie with a couple of quick motions, setting down on the table. Pressing and sighing slightly he stood up.  His fingers moved button to button.  Before stripping away the purple shirt setting t behind him.  That had been the easy part.  Not without difficulty he removed the white undershirt, clearly causing a significant amount of pain.

The last couple of days had only gotten worse, and now in the middle of the night nearing morning, he could feel it coming to a head.  From the fifth intercostal space to somewhere below his waist line was a brilliant splotching of yellows, purples, and even streaks of fire red.  They burned like fire anyway.  Some streaks made it nearly to his sternum, with others reaching a quarter of the way around his back.  His entire side discolored, and clearly painful. One vial had been pain medication, the other to place on the wound to help it recover, and neither useful.  

"There ya go doc, got a diagnosis?"  He would say with a smile as he continued to stand, all be it leaning on the cane.  Again, his muggle phrasing might catch her, but turns of phrase were one of the hardest to erase from a vocabulary.  He knew what the healers before had Said, but the tell from the vial told him he could potentially learn more from her facial expressions, than by giving it all away.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Shift (Quinn)   Late Night Shift (Quinn) EmptySun Jul 30, 2017 6:14 pm

As he began to remove his suit and shirt, she looked away and focused on the phials before her. She was still not pleased with the overall work on these. Rather than turmeric they had put a lavender based on the smell; this was quite frustrating considering that he was not dealing with a headache but a burning sensation. Whoever did this, clearly failed basics potions. 'Apothecary maybe' she thought amused.

"Alright Mr. King" she turned around to really take a look at him. While he was handsome, his body was a transport of pain in her state of mind. What she did take in was that the scarring was hideous. Her eyes curiously trailed on his upper body taking in the coloring. She could not hide the fascination of it all, after all she had never seen something so...hideously beautiful. Blinking a few times, she signaled him to lie down, refusing to let her lips part and do something foolish, like compliment the workmanship of the spell.

'That would be an awful idea' her mind chastised, but it was beautiful in a tragic sort of way.  When she felt properly composed she moved closer to take a look.

"Now Mr. King...I will be forced to touch the injury. Please tell me where the center of the pain is. The clipboard is too general, and I'd like to know specifically, if it's more of a muscle spasm that causes the burning, or skin related. I'd rather not waste my time with a diagnostic before taking in all the information. Please tell me when to stop"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Shift (Quinn)   Late Night Shift (Quinn) EmptySun Jul 30, 2017 7:16 pm

He watched her turn to examine the vials again as he undressed.  Several thoughts ran through his mind about this, yet he let them all subside.  He watched her closely when she did turn to examine the markings.  They all burned a little more in the light, which was an interesting phenomenon that he simply didn't understand.  Though, he normally gave magical injuries, taking them was a little outside of his comfort zone.

"Pretty good aye?"  He would say as he turned to lay down.  He had been complimented before about how it looked.  "Caught a spell mid apparition, which caused my own to rebound.......but you should see the other guy."  He would say laughing, only to grip his side regretting it instantly.  "A damn hedgehog for three days.  The brits know how to start a tour."  He wild finish, his arms moving up to rest above his head.  One covered his eyes, while the other gripped the edge of the examination mat.

He was muscled and in shape, however perhaps about a month out of what he would prefer, having been forced to take t easy.  His normal drive and focus left to be unsatisfied, not to mention he couldn't even real in a piece of bait form the lakes.

"It hurts". He would say with a smile before she even touched him, though it was simply to set his own apprehension to the side.   "Go ahead doc, in tougher than I look."

Assuming she would begin to palmate his skin, her first touch would make him wince, though more from her hands being cold from the recent washing.  As she would move up and down he would proved cues with what hurt more or less.  Above his liver was a significant amount of pain, but nothing compared to the pain at his hip, which was the worst.  The intercostal muscles were sore, and determined to not heal, though he felt that would subside if the main problem could be taken care of.

As she touched the places she touched would turn blue for a second before retreating back to their original color.  As she palpated he could feel the top of his thigh start to burn as well, the bottom most part of his injury.  "Well.....what do you think so far?"  He would ask either in the middle or the end of her physical examination depending on the questions she asked.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Shift (Quinn)   Late Night Shift (Quinn) Empty

Back to top Go down

Late Night Shift (Quinn)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next