Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Late Night Shift (Quinn) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» Election Night (Tessa)
Late Night Shift (Quinn) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:38 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Late Night Shift (Quinn) - Page 2 Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
Late Night Shift (Quinn) - Page 2 Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

» Alexander Quinn
Late Night Shift (Quinn) - Page 2 Emptyby Alexander Quinn Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:50 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Late Night Shift (Quinn)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Late Night Shift (Quinn) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Late Night Shift (Quinn)   Late Night Shift (Quinn) - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 30, 2017 9:02 pm

She did not blame him when he flinched at their initial contact, she would too if a stranger had any sort of physical contact with her. As she glided her hands, she was fascinated by the change of color of his skin and if she didn't have tact, she would have posted it repeatedly. Still, as the heat radiated off from it and she pulled back.

"Mr. King, may I be perfectly candid?" she asked.

Stepping away she leaned propped herself up on the counter across from him to speak with him in a less formal tone. After all, how can you tell a person that there's no quick answer to his problem? How can you comfortably tell a person that whatever previous healer you had was idiotic in prescribing things that not only failed to numb the pain, but had ingredients that could potentially inflame them?

She looked at him sincerely in hopes that he'd understand that this was not an easy thing to admit, but they could work on it improving.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Shift (Quinn)   Late Night Shift (Quinn) - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 30, 2017 10:38 pm

Once she finished he sat back up and looked as she propped herself against the table.  Her words did not inspire a lot of confidence for the days gone by, and perhaps at odds with this he smiled.

The fact that she said it in the way made him think one of two things.  Either, whatever he had wasn't going to get better, or that someone had messed up.  Either way the pain of not knowing had always been worse.  "You may be whatever you like, but I would like your name first.  If you don't mind."  He would say sitting up as best he could.  

His eyes glanced at the clock to mark the time in memory.  Outside he could still hear some minor hustle and bustle though things had clearly slowed.  Perhaps they had reached the slow time before the morning push, he couldn't be for sure.  Staring into her eyes he once again watched all her reactions and searched for any tells, both with hope and dread for what he might find.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Shift (Quinn)   Late Night Shift (Quinn) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 31, 2017 2:01 am

Tess smiled softly at the man in hopes of reassuring him that everything would be fine. But not much was fine; the probably mis-diagnosis or worse malpractice was worrying. But then again, how could they know if the diagnosis was questionable. Leaning back she sighed and gripped her coat tightly.

"Mr. King...the diagnosis is unclear. While the previous medical records show the burn, there is no mesoderm damage and while I cannot diagnose the psychosomatic damage, I doubt that is the case due to the pigment change.
But I can say one thing, the prescription given to you is not something I agree with. The ointment is incorrect I-I wouldn't do this"

She huffed and hopped off the counter moving to the previously prescribed items.

"I also wish to take a bit of a sample if you don't mind so we can study it. I know you might have hoped for a real diagnosis but I don't want to lie to you sir. Rather we can work on trying to find something comfortable. I do have an idea for turmeric based pill, but we will see. What do you think?"

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Shift (Quinn)   Late Night Shift (Quinn) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 31, 2017 4:10 am

For most of her quick recap he stared at her with what he hoped was an expression of understanding.  Though she could have said Mesozoic instead of mesoderm for all it mean to him.  The word instead that stick out was "incorrect". And of all the words that's the one that would stick with him in the coming moments.

His face wild depart the smile, moving into a slight frown as he took a more stern look.  When she asked him what he thought he pondered a few moments before answering.  "Ma'am, I think a couple things I suppose.  Firstly, when you mention taking a "sample" of something as so attached as skin it makes me nervous.  Secondly, I'm considering tracking down this previous healer, and having words.  Lastly.........if you have an idea than let's crack on."

His final word of consent was said with a smile.  She was willing to try, and he was willing to do what it took.  A combination that could either breed catastrophe or success, only time and trials would tell.  "Err how do you take a sample...". He would say hiding how uncomfortable that actually Made him.  He still hasn't caught her name.  Which caused his eyes to flash across her front looking for a name badge, as she started to make her next move.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Shift (Quinn)   Late Night Shift (Quinn) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 31, 2017 4:55 am

When she began her small speech he seemed to listen on and she hoped he would believe her. Though, the moment he really took in what she was talking about, the glint in his eyes dimmed and she sighed. It was never fun to realize that something was wrong and there was no immediate solution.
She felt something she had never felt for another patient: sympathy and hope to remove their dimmed expression. She wanted to truly make his pain go away and to have him have faith in her.

"Ma'am, I think a couple things I suppose.  Firstly, when you mention taking a "sample" of something as so attached as skin it makes me nervous.  Secondly, I'm considering tracking down this previous healer, and having words.  Lastly.........if you have an idea than let's crack on."

At his nervousness at her sample, she smiled softly and lifted her hand to hid her amusement. She knew that no matter how tough a person looked, the idea of a sample frightened even the bravest soul.

"Do not worry Mr. King" laughter a bit evident in her tone. "I will numb the area and we will take a blood sample of the injured area, along with a thin layer of skin. You won't feel a thing and you are in capable hands" she bit her lip at the annoyance of the previous healers. "While I do not condone violence, I must agree with you. The oil levels in that phial actually can cause burning sensations. It's not meant for skin."

She opened the cabinet looking for what items she would need. She muttered things about anesthetics, and needles and she hopped up to grab enough gauze. Turning over to look at him she signaled him to lie down again.

"By the way, it's not Ma'am"  she put the items down. "I think I should mention it especially as I will be getting a lot of samples today" she hummed. "Just call me Tess"

Moving over the took out the syringe and began to have the anesthetic move through the needle to the right amount. She took a deep breath as she moved close to him.

"Take a deep breath and I suggest you look away. It's never a good feeling to be injected, but it will numb it enough to not only take the sample, but to help the swelling. Now...one...two...." before she said three she began to have the needle move to the area she wanted to get a sample from. She choose the darkest coloring on it.

Tapping the area to see if he flinched, she smiled knowing she had done it correctly. She would never admit to him that this was her weak spot in training. Feeling herself relax she took out the blood sample as well as the small sample of skin. As she covered it with gauze she pulled away.

"Mr. King, it looks like I have everything I need. If you give me a few moments, I'd like to make a salve for you and some turmeric pills for you to take. I admit I am not a fan of simple potions especially if I cannot diagnose you right away. Instead we will take a herbal route if it's okay with you."

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Shift (Quinn)   Late Night Shift (Quinn) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 31, 2017 10:19 pm

"Alrighty then Tess the best, like I said...let's crack on."  He would say to her clapping his hands and wincing as a blue streak covered the magical injury.  He could have focused on the negative, but he's hex the sob at a later date when he found him.  For now there seemed to be a chance to make head way rather than a back slide.

As she approaches with the needle, he started to go more than a little pale and diaphoretic.  Sure he'd take stuns and blasts to the chest head on to secure a win, but they weren't needles.  Despite the numbing techniques she used, when the needle went in, and best believe he watched, he barred his teeth and hissed.  Every muscle in his body flexing, the veins in his arms becoming very apparent.  The act of flexing while getting poked would bite him later, but he didn't know that at the moment.

"I'll give you the rest of the night.  Best date I've been on in since the states."  He would say casually leaning back.  The pain was still there, but the numbing helped, and the conversation did even more.  "I never understand wizarding folks though.  Good old fashion opioids works great, but never have I seen one use them.  And can't very well go to the no maj doctors lookin like this."  He would say conversationally as she worked.  "Where'd you get your education Tess?"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Shift (Quinn)   Late Night Shift (Quinn) - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 05, 2017 5:00 am

Working on a patient, who was particularly quiet in a moment that was necessary was helpful for her. It helped her narrow down her attention to somethings she was good at: bodies, science and healing. When she removed the samples, she was proud of herself to properly commit to the cuts and cause little hard to her patients. Humming softly to herself she put the samples in the sterile items as she moved back and took off her gloves.

"I'll give you the rest of the night.  Best date I've been on in since the states."

That surprised her, and in her surprise she found her flushing slightly at his casualness. Catching herself, she found herself smiling in amusement at his comment.

"It's not a terrible date" she shook her head moving over to begin to work on the salves. Moving to get the aloe plant, she lightly cut one of the leaves and peeled off the skin allowing the stickier part of the plant to land on the bowl. Adding the turmeric and a basic potions base she began to mix it all together. This is where she was the most comfortable, her element was always in potion making. She didn't even realize she was humming until she heard his question.

"In general?" she asked before continuing. "I went to Beauxbatons for the first four years of schooling then moved to Hogwarts like everyone else. As for medicine...well uni like everyone else" she moved to add some more bases to thicken the salves. "And you Mr. King?"

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Shift (Quinn)   Late Night Shift (Quinn) - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 05, 2017 2:21 pm

Watching her work he listened to her humming. It wasn't a tune that he particularly recognized. He could tell the by the fluidity of her movements, the confidence in the composer of her hands, she was doing what she was best at. He wondered if this was how he appeared when he was dueling, though he doubted he could match anything resembling grace in that regard.

She listed two of the big European schools. He had heard about them the way any student will hear about other magical schools. Though, to actually "know them" he didn't have a clue. Which, was a little ironic since he was about to start work at one.

"Ilvermony in the US for me. Didn't go to any such university. Not much of an academic to be perfectly honest with you." He would say with a smile. To be a healer one had to go to school and be dedicated to it. So to say he had made his way with none, well he wasn't sure if he should be embarrassed or proud.

"I guess you could say I'm going to Hogwarts later in life though. I start teaching next term." He leaned back against the wall. The cold stone pressing into his skin, the conduction removing the excess heat from his wound causing him to feel just a bit better. His eyes would glance to the clock as she continued to work. Though there were worse things he could be doing. "So you hate potions, I can tell." He would say with a wink should she look at him, clearly being sarcastic.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Shift (Quinn)   Late Night Shift (Quinn) - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 13, 2017 3:48 am

When he began to chat, she was not surprised that he had such limited knowledge of both Beauxbatons and Hogwarts. You only knew about it if you really lived it. Briefly she got a bit nostalgic, at the dances she learned when young and the people she met in France. It was so hard to get used to Hogwarts, but she had great memories that cemented bonds to today. She smiled to herself only to realize that her creations were done,

"Ilvermony in the US for me. Didn't go to any such university. Not much of an academic to be perfectly honest with you."

She looked at him curiously when he mentioned the American school. She always wanted to do the exchange program when young, but her grand mere had refused saying that it would distract her from her path. She knew it was really that her grand-mere feared her never coming back.

"I do find the houses in America quite fascinating. The water snake..."she pondered it over. "Horned serpent? I always felt like had I transferred through the exchange program, that's where I'd be placed" she smiled.

She wouldn't mention that she always had a fondness for snakes due to her Slytherin tendencies.

"I guess you could say I'm going to Hogwarts later in life though. I start teaching next term."

"Oh Hogwarts is quite fantastic, but don't fall for the way people just assume one house is better than the other" she commented. "I remember transferring and everyone assuming I was evil for being in my house" she chuckled. Still, she smiled softly and moved closer signaling him to relax so she could put the salve.

"It'll be cold by the way" she commented before lightly massaging the pasty salve onto his skin. "This will act like a cooling agent, and will hopefully numb the area a little better." When she finished she began to put a new wrapping on his torso. "We can always schedule a follow up appointment with me, or with another healer if a supervisor of mine wants to take it over. But be honest if it doesn't work the way you'd like, we can always find alternatives okay?"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Shift (Quinn)   Late Night Shift (Quinn) - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 19, 2017 5:33 am

"Well, I don't know a thing about the houses so little worry about that. Can't say I really give a care for that kind of thing anyway." He would say off handedly at her mentions of the house stereotypes. It was something that he had moderately heard of, but not to any real level of detail. He supposed soon he would find out first hand. It would be interesting how that would go. He assumed often times students or others migrated towards those that had been in the same house, abnormal thing common ground. However, what would it be like for him who had never before been apart of such a thing.

As he contemplated all of this he quickly twitched as the cold salve hit his skin. He had been so lost in his musings that he had competed missed her saying it was going to be cold. "Well it's doing that alright...". He would say as she mentioned it would cool the area. He could feel her hand moving over his flesh, and as it did he already started to feel a little better.

The area wasn't burning nearly as much, and the pain had gone down just a hair. Moving his arms he would let her place the wrappings around his trunk, feeling the salve pushed into his skin, the compression feeling nice. He felt as though he could sit up a little straighter already.

"Best keep the one who knows the job." He would say with a smile. "If it's all the same to you, I'll keep with you. I've had enough screw up." He would say nodding at the bottle he had brought in earlier. He would stand up, a little quicker than he normally did. It still caused a twitch and a sharp rush of pain, but it died down much quicker, and his breath didn't catch nearly as bad. "I'll keep a thought towards alternatives, but this is a hell of a start. Anything else doc?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Shift (Quinn)   Late Night Shift (Quinn) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Late Night Shift (Quinn)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2