Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Why I am really here ?(For Aza charries) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» Election Night (Tessa)
Why I am really here ?(For Aza charries) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:38 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Why I am really here ?(For Aza charries) - Page 2 Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
Why I am really here ?(For Aza charries) - Page 2 Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

» Alexander Quinn
Why I am really here ?(For Aza charries) - Page 2 Emptyby Alexander Quinn Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:50 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Why I am really here ?(For Aza charries)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Why I am really here ?(For Aza charries) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why I am really here ?(For Aza charries)   Why I am really here ?(For Aza charries) - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 12, 2017 11:13 pm

Sasha wasn't really sure what to think about Kit's books really. While looking at the copy what her new found friend did introduce to her. She had to admit the cover looked a bit interesting one and she wasn't really someone who reads poetry but then again you can find something else to read once you try it.

The girl listened what he said and all she could do was a nod to that. Also, she did smile. She wasn't sure what to even say. The girl was still trying to understand why she even did agree with him to buy her some copy of the book she might even not like. There are chances that she might actually like this book. So she was so confused now. "Oh I see," was only she managed to say out.

"Oh, I see. Well see if it's the case with me too once I read it," she said there with a small smile and listened to the poem what Jackson said after this. That poem was good actually and she liked it. She wasn't sure exactly why.

"Oh that sounds nice I must say," she said with a small smile still on her face. She noticed from the corner of her eyes that her mother was now watching her which made her curious why she was doing it. She just let it a slide for now. She didn't wanna do anything with her mother right now. She would just end up causing scene what no one doesn't wanna see and it would just ruin this launch.

Sasha had no idea what her mother had planned after this and she didn't really wanna know too. She wanted to get away from here even already. She barely even paid attention to that speech there and she was so ready just leave this place even now. She didn't care what her mother will do if she goes missing suddenly.

She just wanted to have some fun at least for few hours. She had no idea what Jackson had in mind but she decided to go with him. She was sure she might even regret her decision but right now it seemed like better than go with her mother god knows where. She seemed to trust this stranger, who she had just met more than her own mother. Also, this stranger had made her smile once again. So she was to him grateful for that.

"Well sure let's go see those sightseeing things I guess. It's better than be stuck with my mother, who even barely talks with me," she said there something back with a smile. The smile was even real this time. She was glad to get away from here finally. She didn't even plan to go and tell her mother where she is going. That woman didn't have to know.

Last 10 years she barely has even cared what she is doing and why she should now care. She has begun slowly stop caring what her parents do or what they will say. Even if she will get scolded after this, she doesn't care. It's something she will just mostly ignore. She knows she will never again agree do something for her mother. She has got hurt enough already.
Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

Birthday : 2013-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Why I am really here ?(For Aza charries)   Why I am really here ?(For Aza charries) - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 13, 2017 10:33 pm

Sasha took a few minutes to consider his offer, which was her right. Jackson had yet to meet an attractive woman who agreed to give out her time without some measure of thought behind it. Annoyingly, one chirpy face came to mind but the politician simply shook his head. The letter meant nothing, just a bored socialite siting at home trying to poke at old wounds because her diamonds now bored her.

He took that time to listen to Kit's speech instead as the man delved into the philosophical virtues of one sided love, speaking to a hushed crowd about the power of an emotion not divided between two people. he almost made unrequited love sound... better. Jackson would have to read his own copy of the book in a corner somewhere, away from prying eyes. Darn the man and his expert phrasing.

When Sasha finally agreed to go out with him, his face lit up in a charming smile, only for the smile to droop immediately as the girl confessed her mother never really spoke to her. Something about the way she said it made her seem younger than she was, like a child still seeking a parent's approval, demanding a mother's notice.

"I couldn't think of anyone who wouldn't want to talk to you," he spoke softly, once again close to her ear so that strands of her red hair tickled his skin. Purely in the interest of comforting the girl, Jackson reached out and squeezed her hand softly before letting go, not quite ready to overstep his bounds. Sure she seemed willing now but these days it took a lot more then "seemed willing" to hold up in a court of law.

"It's settled then, I just have to say hi to Mr. Harrington then we can be off. This lot is going to stay late for the booze and chitter chatter but since we're both clearly not drinking," he winked at her, outlining his plan against her ear. "I hope you aren't the conventional kind of girl, because I have a place I'd like to show you very much."

Just as he finished, a polite applause broke out all through the ballroom. The author had finished his speech and was now descending the stage to receive due praise. Jackson hopped off his own stool, leaving his unfinished drink behind. Offering Sasha an arm, he asked "Shall we?"

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Why I am really here ?(For Aza charries)   Why I am really here ?(For Aza charries) - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 14, 2017 3:37 pm

Sasha didn't even listen what Kit had said there. She was actually thinking about other things there. She really wanted to get away from here. She really had begun to regret coming here with her mother. Even if she met someone who was interesting at least but she could tell way older than she was. She had no idea what will happen once she gets to know she is younger than he thinks she is.

But right now she decided not to worry about. It wasn't time for that. She knew that getting away from here was the best idea. Then she wouldn't have to socialize with these people just for her mother. She knew that her mother might not approve that she goes with stranger literally somewhere but Sasha didn't care about it right now. All she wanted was to get away from here now. She looked for a second towards her mother, who was there talking still with some people.

She heard what Jackson whispered to her which made her look at him now. She really wasn't sure why he was so interested in her. "Well, my relationships with parents is complicated. Even I don't know why they try to ignore me," she said and sighed. "Don't really wanna talk about it," she added. Parents were topic she always tried to avoid so best as she could.

"Uh okay. Sure we can say hi to him before leaving even if I don't know him," she said with a small smile and looked towards the man who did finish her speech finally there. To be honest she didn't really don't know what he said the most of his speech. She didn't even listen. Still, she was here at this launch and was about leave with someone she barely even knew. This was so weird now all of sudden but she didn't let her stop getting away from this building.

"Well sure. We can go where you want. I don't even know any place in the city. So if I would even lead somewhere we would get lost. And I have no idea even in which direction is my hotel," she said honestly there now. The girl didn't know this city at all. The whole time when they got here with her mother she couldn't keep track what route they even used from hotel to this building.

She looked at his arm and then at him. She wasn't really used to with all this. She stood up and then linked her arm under his. She wasn't sure about this really. She had no idea what her mother will even think but then again she didn't care anymore. The girl was so confused about her own feelings there. "We shall," she added even just in case. She even left her unfinished drink behind. She didn't plan to finish it.
Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

PostSubject: Re: Why I am really here ?(For Aza charries)   Why I am really here ?(For Aza charries) - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 6:16 pm

"Oh, he isn't a hard person to get to know at all," Jackson reassured the redhead as he led her to the throng of people gathering around Kit Harrington. That much at least true, Kit had made a name for himself in most fields related to the arts, not just in the States but also abroad. Jackson had read about the man's work being exhibitioned in London over the summer. "He started his career as a photographer like thirty years ago or something, I read he ran way from home to chase his dreams." Jackson winked at that, perhaps Sasha should consider doing the same if she was as tired of her parents as she claimed to be.

They made their way through the crowds, at one point Jackson placing a secure arm around her waist to steer her towards their destination. No that anyone here would push but there was just something about the girl that made him feel like she would get lost in a crowd. Despite his best efforts to not make assumptions, he was almost certain she was a foreigner. Her accent, her unfamiliarity with New York and her easy trust of strangers marked her as a rare breed, certainly not someone borne and raised on the suspicion that defined the U S of A.

It took a good fifteen minutes butt he finally reached Kit, Jackson greeting him with a firm handshake and a "Hello Sir, love the new concept." The poet smiled warmly in returns and exchanged pleasantries. Jackson supposed the good news was that he still remembered the former Nightshade. Perhaps Kit would never forget anyone related to Ms. Azalea.

"Sir, may I introduce Miss Sasha Denver, the only girl who agreed to accompany me here." Kit let out a laugh before shaking hands with Sasha as well, making a few jokes about how Jackson should really have a punch card for every time he got turned down by a girl.

A few more minutes of idle conversation and Jackson and Sasha moved on to the booth to collect their purchase for the evening, two copies of the book. Jackson offered the girl one and pocketed the other, paying with a swift slide of a credit card across the waiting machines.

Once they had finished up all business at the launch, Jackson led the girl to the exit, releasing her now that there was no danger of her getting lost. As the walked the length of the corridor to th ante chamber, Jackson stopped long enough to pick his coat from coat heck area before offering it to Sasha politely.

"It's going to be cold outside, I think it started snowing while we were in there." Should she accept the worn out black garment, the young man would grin and guide her to the exit, deciding to bring her to one of the most beautiful places in this wretched city.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Why I am really here ?(For Aza charries)   Why I am really here ?(For Aza charries) - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:47 pm

"Oh okay," was only thing Sasha could say there. She wasn't really sure about that one but then again who knows. Even if she herself seems to make most of the time friends easily. Anyways she did go where Jackson was going. She had no idea which way even go here, even if she knew where Kit basically was now. "Oh, I see. Photography is interesting too for sure. Even if never been interested in that too," she said there honestly. There was no point to lie that you were interested in something when you weren't.

Well she didn't have anything against of being steered in the crowd and having his arm around her waist seemed at first weird but she didn't really mind it. She wasn't really used to being so close to someone who wasn't exactly family member. Actually, it has been for awhile. So this was probably why it felt so weird for her. The girl wasn't really big fan of hugs too. She wasn't just used to receive them.

Sasha wasn't really local yeah, she was far away from England. This year at least her Christmas is different than usual. It has been more eventual one for sure and so far it has been a little bit interesting at least. She has learned something new for sure. The girl had no idea how this evening or even night will end for her. She had no clue at all.

Sasha wasn't exactly sure what to say there now. She hasn't even read Mr Harrington books yet. So she couldn't really comment anything about the book. All Sasha did there was to smile and did shake Kit Harrington hand there back too. She at least tried to be so polite as she could. She just listened them talking there until it was time to go.

Sasha did once again follow Jackson there. She really wasn't sure if the stranger who she had just met will really buy her the book and a few seconds later she realised he kept his promise. She did take the book from Jackson and wasn't sure where she should even put it. She didn't really have any bag or so with her.  She decided to hold it for now in her hands. "Thank you for the book," she said with a smile on her face.

Sasha soon again followed Jackson soon after they were done with the launch things. Brought the books and so on. She really was glad that they can finally leave it. She looked at the Jackson and then at his coat. She kind of regret she didn't bring hers right now. She has no idea if she even packed any. She was so in rush with packing.

She looked soon for a second towards outside, then coat and then Jackson again. the girl wasn't sure what she should do now. She was so confused. She needed to decide.

"Erm," she managed to say and just gave up soon after that. "Well since yeah it's cold there it would better idea than end up getting cold because I don't have anything warmer to wear anyways," she said there and sighed. She wished she had brought something else with her, so she could put it on right now.
Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

PostSubject: Re: Why I am really here ?(For Aza charries)   Why I am really here ?(For Aza charries) - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 10:54 pm

As they exited the hotel, Jackson couldn't help the open grin on his face. He'd been right, it was snowing. But it was the kind of snow that looked pretty the first ten minutes before turning into slush. So why not enjoy the white powdery stuff before it became the bane of your existence? He reached out a hand for Sasha, casually, noncommittal. Should she take it, he would walk with her down the side walk to a line of cabs. Should she ignore the gesture however he was simply brush some snow off his suit jacket and continue on his way with the redhead by his side.

"I know a lot of people prefer apperating from one place to another," he confessed as they neared the line of taxis. "But I suppose I'm old fashioned. I didn't know I was magical until I was ten I think, by then I had already learned to do everything the No-Mag way." Moving to the car at the head of the line, he called out cheerfully to the driver. "Battery Park, as fast as you can?"

The driver nodded, starting his engine and Jackson pulled the door open, holding it respectfully for Sasha to get in first. He was old fashioned in more than one way, ways that gave away his small town upbringing such as giving a lady your coat in the snow and holding the door open even if to a cab. "Besides, a taxi ride is the best way to see New York - from a distance," he joked, getting in after her and closing the door firmly. The car was warm enough that the residual snow in hair soon began to melt.

As they flashed past lights and displays, shop windows and eateries, big signs and graffiti-ed walls, Jackson mostly kept up a running commentary on the sights they drove past. He showed her the big areas popular with tourists, the small cafes that served the best food and as they drove to the edge of Manhattan, the invisible body of water that existed somewhere in the distance. Should Sasha ask any questions or suggest a topic of conversation, he would happily oblige her in that too.

They reached Battery Park a little after eleven, with Jackson tipping the cabbie generously for his discreet speed. The park was long closed but Jackson knew someone who knew someone who someone who owed him one. "Now be careful, I know its a little dark but we'll fix that in a bit,' he warned as he helped her out of the vehicle and then guided her to the stone path that led to the park's biggest attraction. It looked nothing like a dull glass dome glinting eerily in the dark.

"Now, are you ready to see some magic, Ms. Denver?"

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Why I am really here ?(For Aza charries)   Why I am really here ?(For Aza charries) - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 16, 2017 6:17 pm

Sasha was really glad to get out of here finally and do something more fun than talking about things you weren't really interested. She had a smile on her face, she really was also happy to go somewhere else. Sasha didn't really mind much when Jackson reached for her hand, she was sure then she could also more easily follow Jackson where ever they did go now. The girl didn't know anything about New York.

"I'm used taking cabs, buses and so on," Sasha said there with a small smile. "I didn't know nothing about magic until I get eleven. Before that, I didn't even know magic did exist. Never even believed in it," she said about herself. She was muggleborn and her both parents didn't even have any magic in them. So finding out your magical one in your family was so much of shock five years ago.

"Thank you," she said when Jackson did basically open cab door for her to get in. So she did that. She knew that some people can still be gentlemen but not all males. She has learned that much in her life at least already. She might be young but there are times when she knows more than she should. "If you say so," she said with a small smile.

Awhile they were taking a taxi to somewhere she has no idea where to even. She figured maybe it's time to ask some questions. Maybe to get to know even this stranger. "So where you are from?" she asked something. Figured maybe to start with this. She wasn't actually sure what to even ask. She wasn't really used to talk with boys or even males who are older than her.

"Oh, what job do you even have?" she asked that even too. Figure maybe to keep some kind of conversation on there. She herself decided to answer after herself. Even to last one she wasn't yet even what to say. She couldn't still say she was in school still or she could still say. Maybe he thinks it's university/college.

When they reached finally to some park, what Jackson has mentioned earlier to taxi driver then she was kind of excited what will happen now. Sasha didn't really have anything against dark places. "Oh okay," was all she could say there now. She just was looking around here and was trying to figure out where they are going and same time looking where she is stepping.

"Sure, I'm ready," she said with a bit of excitement. She really was curious what will happen now.
Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

PostSubject: Re: Why I am really here ?(For Aza charries)   Why I am really here ?(For Aza charries) - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 16, 2017 7:50 pm

The journey was pleasant, the interior of the cab warm and faintly smelling of tobacco, a scent Jackson had always found comforting somehow. He even fancied that Sasha was slowly opening up to him. Whereas at the launch she had been mostly quiet and only talked when spoken to, now she seemed to be initiating consideration. perhaps she had just been nervous earlier?

"I'm from a town you probably never heard of," he admitted, a note of quiet pride in his voice as he rested his head against the back of the seat. "Green Lake City, Wisconsin, population, 2700 at last count." Though he'd have to check back, apparently someone had had a baby and no grandparents had died that he' heard of. Jackson missed home. "It's one of those out of the way places that no one ever bothers with. Up until a couple years ago we didn't even have a high school. And now that we have one, we're fighting for our own hospital." A fight that would soon be won, he thought firmly to himself.

"As for what I do... Well, a bit of this and that. I'm currently working at Milwaukee city hall," he explained, not bothering with the intimate details of his job. Not only would it bore her but he didn't want to intimidate the girl in any way, she had just begun to come out of her shell.

Upon their arrival at the Park and her more than agreeable nature, the boy grinned again. She wasn't afraid of the dark and abandoned parks which boded well. The young man removed his phone from his pocket and sent a text. "And now... magic," he raised his arm in a showman's display towards the dull globe in the distance.

Nothing happened.

The two waited in awkward silence for a moment before Jackson reached for his phone again. "Excuse me, I forgot you have to kick start things in this city." The text he sent this time was longer. And once again, he raised his arms in the grand gesture of a magician pulling off a trick. "And now... Magic."

This time as if on cue, the entire glass dome came to life with brilliant lights blossoming from every corner. Blues and greens mixed with earthy tones lit the entire dome up as if it was an aquarium complete with strands of seaweed, passing schools of tiny fish and shining pebbles littered at the bottom. Should Sasha look closely, even the bubble effect was present, as if someone was releasing bubbles by breathing under water.

But the aquarium itself was not the biggest attraction, it was the large crystal fishes floating in it as if of their own accord. Fish of all colors circled the inside of he dome to quiet music, almost dancing in their graceful swim across the invisible water currents. The inside of the glittering fish were hollowed out to form seats, waiting for a passenger to hop in and ride.

"What do you think?" the raven haired young man asked, his grin back on his face. "Shall we take a ride underneath the ocean?" If she woudl agree, Jackson would escort her to the dome, holding the door open for her to enter the simulated underwater world. Together, they'd walk to a large blue fish where Jackson would help her up and then slide in beside her.

"Hold on tight," he advised as the music began and the fishes started to move.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Why I am really here ?(For Aza charries)   Why I am really here ?(For Aza charries) - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 16, 2017 11:39 pm

For Sasha, the cab was warm for sure but the girl wasn't a big fan of tobacco smell and she was glad there wasn't much of it in here. She just at times couldn't stand the smell when it was too much. The girl knew it wasn't always a good idea to talk to strangers and it was at first why she tried not to talk much but then again this town was full of strangers for her. Even her own mother was a stranger to the girl. So this man was even better company and she hoped he won't just use her for something.

"Oh, I see. Yeah, I have never heard it before," she had to admit it there. "Well good luck with that," she added about getting their own hospital to the town. She had no idea how those things work. She didn't know much about politics or anything like that at all. "Well, I'm from London. The capital of England," she said and it said basically all about her origin. No need to really explain where it is since everyone knew.

"Oh, I see. Well, I don't have yet a job," she said there something. She decided not to mention that she is still in school. She just figured to keep that out of future talk when he figures out how old she really is. Then he can get to know what she really does which is still going to go to Hogwarts, the magical school.

Sasha was quite excited what will happen now. She had no idea what Jackson was planning to do now. She even no clue. She doesn't even know anything about New York. She barely even had any time to pack her stuff before coming here. She rolled her eyes when this magic thing what Jackson tried to do didn't work.

When it worked for the second time she was amazed for sure. It looked amazing she had to admit that. It was something she didn't really expect to happen. "Wow, this is amazing," she said there out loud and was really amazed for sure. She really loved what she saw now. She has never seen anything like this before.

"Yes, we can do that," she said with a bright smile on her face. She was escorted to one dome, where Jackson did open door for her the amazing underwater world. She just smiled this time. No thank you. She was glad when he did also help up to one large blue fish, when they were near it. She just smiled and was ready for this.

So Sasha did hold tight when the music began to play. It has been awhile she has done anything really like this. She can't even last time when she went to Disneyland or any park like this. And she had no idea that even something like this was in New York. She would have come here so much earlier if she had known.
Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

PostSubject: Re: Why I am really here ?(For Aza charries)   Why I am really here ?(For Aza charries) - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 17, 2017 1:18 am

London, so that explained the accent. The young wizard internally congratulated himself on being right in assuming she was a foreigner. The blue bloods could preach tolerance and liquid origins all they wanted but Jackson knew his gut. Years of no conflict and silly ideas had made half the people in this country forget what it was to rely on pure gut feeling, not Jackson though. It was in these small revelations when he felt he was affiliated with the right party, the party that recognized the flaw in humans without attempting to eradicate them.

He wasn't really surprised to find out she didn't have a job. Most people who frequented Kit Harrington's book launches were not starved for money. And looking at the way Sasha was dressed, he could guess she came from a reasonably well off background, though to her credit, the young woman never seemed to show it. Jackson had met more than his fair share of girls whose most interesting traits were the jewels they sported.

Sasha looked to be more discrete, well brought up, quieter somehow. It was a sort of grace Jackson could really get used to.

"Don't worry about it," he assured her on the job front. College came first, and she didn't look to be under pressure like him. "I had to do college while working, no time to stop, so you should take the time to really enjoy university before you look to get into the work force."

As the mounted the crystal fish and the redhead clung tightly to the seat, Jackson reached to grasp the iron rod attached, coincidentally securing the girl in place with his hands. Even if she jumped or got jolted, Sasha wouldn't fall. the music began, slow at first and then it grew in tempo until the fish picked up speed, moving at a comfortable pace for them to enjoy the surroundings.

"This is one of my top three favorite places in the city," Jackson admitted, his hair moving in the slight breeze created by the quick movement of their ride. The cold outside had left his cheeks colored and his dark eyes shimmering with mischief. "Hold on tighter, I can go faster," he called out just as the speed doubled, now making it seem as though the fish was in a rush. The coat on Sasha's shoulders flew out behind her but thanks to his grip, the girl stayed in place.

After three more exhilarating rounds, the fish began to slow, ready to complete the full set. Jackson didn't move his arms much, only changing them slightly to drape over one of his companion's shoulder to test the waters. She hadn't been afraid or hesitant so far, but it never hurt to get permission.

Somewhere in the distance, a loud clock tolled, its deep sounds echoing through the otherwise empty park. "Hey, what do you know," the man uttered softly, leaning in to whisper in her ear. "It's midnight. Merry Christmas Ms. Denver."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why I am really here ?(For Aza charries)   Why I am really here ?(For Aza charries) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Why I am really here ?(For Aza charries)
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next