Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Leading by Example (Open) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» Election Night (Tessa)
Leading by Example (Open) Emptyby Tessa Greene Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:38 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Leading by Example (Open) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
Leading by Example (Open) Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

» Alexander Quinn
Leading by Example (Open) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:50 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Leading by Example (Open)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jacques Clement
Adult
Adult
Jacques Clement

Birthday : 2004-08-10

Leading by Example (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Leading by Example (Open)   Leading by Example (Open) EmptyFri Dec 15, 2017 8:30 pm

After the shenanigans of his younger sister at the start of July, Jacques had spent his time with Mimosa as much as was possible. When Jacques was not aiding his father -- or, rather, learning from his father about the goings on of the Clement's affairs since the Summit -- Jacques had spent as much time with the young witch as was possible. There were times when Jacques was not successful in his actions, though, when Mimosa simply wanted to be alone, and Jacques respected the youngest Clement.

Though, whenever he did spend time with the American witch, Jacques always, always, worked to reinforce the idea that he loved Mimosa just the way she was. Directly, or indirectly, he would work tirelessly to show her that the words Elenore had spoken were not true, no matter how long it might take.

Today, however, was not a day that Jacques could spend with Mimosa, he'd promised his parents that he would be the face of the work being done at the local homeless shelter in Paris. A new unveiling of the state of the art new facilities -- which may have had the backing of the Clement banks -- was commencing, and, of course, the Clements had had their invites. As it was only an unveiling, Jacques had jumped at the opportunity to be of service to the house, and begin to undertake more duties himself. On his own.

Jacques had spent twenty minutes giving a speech about the necessity of the shelter to a mixture of people -- fundraisers, volunteers, those who were being helped by the new scheme, local businesses, the list was extensive but Jacques addressed the vast majority. When finally Jacques had cut open the tape to the shelter, before proceeding in to the halls to help serve the homeless their first meal, he'd felt very confident in himself, and more than sure he'd done well enough in his speech to make his parents proud.

The homeless people Jacques saw were all so very grateful for the food he served them, taking the bowls and offering him a thousand blessings for his kindness, and the good health of his family. Jacques replied with his own thank you, of coming to the shelter, and making use of the facilities now available to them all, before motioning them towards the rows of tables that had been set up.

Only once everyone had been served did Jacques move to the tables, sitting with the people and hearing the stories of their times on the streets. For many hours he listened to the heartbreaking stories of those in the room, but they were all smiling. Despite how much many of them had lost, the simple provision of food, and shelter for the day had made their week, if not their year, and all of them were so very grateful to the future Lord Clement.

After a number of hours -- Jacques hadn't looked to his watch to check the time -- the Clement heir emerged from the shelter, pulling on a pair of aviator sunglasses, and headed towards the Palace. France was being blessed with a nice summer, which meant Jacques had only put on a shirt with his dress pants, deciding against a tie. Whilst it might have raised an eyebrow, Jacques hadn't wanted to go overdressed to such an occasion. The walk would be short, Jacques had parked his ferrari a few streets away. After all, he could hardly arrive to feed the homeless and park such a car on their doorstep.

His walk back, though, would take him past a number of Paris' boutiques, and small, niche shops. He wondered, idly, if he could find something in one of them for Mimosa on his way back. Something to make the small child smile, if only briefly. Looking through the windows as he passed, Jacques tried to decide what he was going to get...

~ Profile ~
~ Clement Heir ~ 24 ~ Athletic ~ 5'11" ~ French Accent ~
Leading by Example (Open) Ojucpn10
Thanks to .V0ldiemort @ TDA for my signature!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Leading by Example (Open)   Leading by Example (Open) EmptySat Dec 16, 2017 9:55 pm

She'd been a month into living in Paris and she felt so loved. Every morning she went into the city to do her daily collecting of items. Her grand-mere thought it silly for her wanting to go into Beauvais in the morning. But she liked the country side; the small archaic towns, the charming people and the love they had for her. While she lived her whole life in the city, she had a special place for the countryside.

Every morning she would see the baker and his usual boulangerie and she would always grab baguettes for breakfast. They went through their usual routine, only happier once she was back. The town wasn't known for much of the sightseeing, but she did like the small town. Moving through she day she would buy the butter, the fruit, the flowers for their table to simply head back to Luxembourg. Humming softly, she moved back to her home and give it to the servants to prepare the breakfast.

"I don't know why you always do this"

"I love the routine of talking to people grand-mere" she said softly, "I like talking to normal people."

'You are a silly girl'

Tess merely smiled, a small dimple in her cheek and took in the day as she went. The afternoon she spent going towards the lands taking a dip in the river, allowing her to spend time in the lands. Her grand-mere thought of her silly but she paid no mind. Here she was in her own land, her own person and she was happy.

The joy went into the afternoon as she moved into the main city to spend the rest of her days on her own. She did not have to many friends but she was used to being alone. Alone suited her.

It was in the midst of looking for toys. Not something she would ever get for herself, far too old to care for toys. But rather, for the orphanages where she found the love of a child. She never knew if she would receive the love she wanted, but she found herself giving her heart to others, ones that would not hurt her.

Back to top Go down
Jacques Clement
Adult
Adult
Jacques Clement

PostSubject: Re: Leading by Example (Open)   Leading by Example (Open) EmptySat Dec 16, 2017 10:20 pm

As Jacques moved along the windows, he didn't really find anything fitting. As a child, he'd never really had toys at the age of nine that would be suitable for Mimosa. It wasn't in a boastful manner that he thought of such things, but in a manner of trying to be reasonable in his purchase.

The Clement heir didn't want to get a present of little help and consequence, either. After finding -- though it was yet to be confirmed -- that Mimosa was dyslexic, Jacques knew that they had to try to help the young witch. And, yet, he thought getting her a pile of books would be much too overwhelming, too.

Letting out a soft sigh to himself, Jacques looked away from the window and up the street and his surroundings. He hadn't been looking for anyone, or anything, in particular in that moment, but as his eyes fell on a certain young witch, a witch whom Jacques had not expected to see, perusing the window of a shop a short way off, Jacques couldn't help but look a little bit surprised at the notion.

Correcting his features, though, Jacques moved along casually to look in the window too, not picking anything of interest out, before he spoke. "Mademoiselle Holmes, what a lovely surprise to see you here." He spoke gently, hoping not to startle the younger witch in that moment. Looking through the window, though, Jacques noticed it was a children's shop. Tess was past playing with such toys, and there was no younger Holmes she would be buying for.

"Birthday present shopping?" Jacques asked once she'd acknowledged his presence, motioning to the shop before him. He could see, on the inside of the shop, the owner getting excited, and quickly cleaning the 'mess' inside the shop as if Jacques was going to pick him up on one toy being misplaced.

The people of France were great, truly.

~ Profile ~
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Leading by Example (Open)   Leading by Example (Open) EmptySun Dec 17, 2017 12:37 am

Humming softly, she enchanted the cart to follow her as she grabbed things that could work for her people. Soft dolls, stuffed animals, and other items for the younger children were the most things she cared about getting. She would never be one to appreciate the limelight, and instead preferred going through any back door to avoid anyone catching her.

It was in the middle of looking at the stuffed animal, a little fox caught her attention and smiled softly at it. She was in the midst of caressing the paws of the stuffed animal when someone spoke to her.

At first she was a bit spooked she turned to find the last person she could ever think about. Jacques Clement, the young man that she was once so overly...fond of. Yes that was the best word for it. She was a bit flustered and flushed realizing that he caught her caressing a stuffed animal.

Merlin she was sixteen, she was too old to be fond of animals such as this. She awkwardly threw it in the basket and smiled shyly, unsure how to react.

"Monsieur Clement, I have to say I am surprised to find you here as well" she bit her bottom lip nervously.

At the mention of her purpose there she laughed softly and shook her head. No, she absolutely did not need to be shopping for any present that she could think of. She looked a bit shy and smiled half heartedly.

"No...this is for just some children I-I'm fond of. What brings you here? Is..is Ellie with you?" Her eyes brightened slightly wondering if her best friend was there.

Back to top Go down
Jacques Clement
Adult
Adult
Jacques Clement

PostSubject: Re: Leading by Example (Open)   Leading by Example (Open) EmptySun Dec 17, 2017 10:20 pm

Noticing how Tess Marie was caressing the 'fur' of the stuffed animal was quite... sweet, in Jacques mind. Whilst he knew the child was likely past the stage of stuffed toys, everyone had old habits that died hard, and it seemed Tess was still somewhat fond of these toys. Jacques, however, was charitable enough to the Holmes' heiress to not comment on what he'd seen, and even pretend to not have seen her do that, so that she wouldn't grow embarrassed.

"I had not planned on coming in here today," Jacques replied to the younger witch with a smile in that moment.

The explanation made Jacques raise his eyebrow slightly at that. "What children might they be?" Jacques asked politely, not prying so much as just keeping the conversation going with the younger witch.

"Me? I'm looking for something for Mimosa, but... I'm not sure what a child of nine would appreciate." Jacques explained, looking around the shop with a little bit of a lost expression. He would not, of course, tell Tess Marie of the fact they'd recently found out about Mimosa being dyslexic, that was something that could stay within the Palace walls until they knew how they were going to deal with it.

"Non, Elenore is back at the castle, busy with a tea with Maman, I believe." Jacques explained convincingly. It was a lie, though, Elenore was back at the Palace in her room, not daring to come out of the room at all at present. or, perhaps, it was a silent protest against the rest of the family.

"And, you, how are you Tess Marie? I don't believe we've seen one another since the Christmas Ball..?" Jacques asked, not one hundred percent sure on the matter, but quite sure he had not missed a visit from the younger witch.

~ Profile ~
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Leading by Example (Open)   Leading by Example (Open) EmptyMon Dec 18, 2017 4:38 am

When she was younger, Tess always had a bit of a fondness for Jacques; she saw him as distinguished with a shine in mirth in his eye that always made her curious about him. Her grand-mere would always tease her about it, about how it was good to look, never touch, but never completely close the door on that. And yes, at one point, had she really allowed herself to fall into romanticism, she might have hoped her found her beautiful and one day ask for marriage to make her family happy.

But that was way before she realized that those thoughts had been formulated by her father's pressure to fall within the societal norms. She later realized she didn't even know him. She didn't know what normal people do when they found someone charming. The moments where she realized this were at her most awkward of stages, before she grew into herself.

The mention of Mimosa made her smile a bit. She had heard about the Clement ward but never formally met her. She had missed the last outing due to her father bringing a possible suitor for her. Though despite it all she was curious to meet the little girl. She loved children, and him inquiring more made her smile.

"In Beauvais, there's a small orphanage with children called Fleur De Coeur. When I lived here, I enjoyed visiting them during the breaks and any holidays. This Christmas, due to the balls I failed to attend so..."she signaled the toys. "I want to make it up to them. Maybe send some things and make it a Christmas in July"

It was silly, she knew, but her heart was in the right place. She loved those children and wished her father had allowed her to make a home of theirs a shelter of children. But her father did not want her wasting time with 'lesser' classes. Ever since the plague, the losses had created a gap in generations and she merely wished to bring some love to them.

But once she really spoke about what she wanted to do, she felt silly. Because despite knowing who he was, she only knew about him from what his sister told her and even then they were never that great. Even now she felt fidgety; she had never spoken alone with him.

"I'm fine...Jacques" she began a bit nervous at using his first name. "Glad to be back in French soil, and making the most of the summer break. It has been a while since I last saw you...and your family." it was unspoken truth that Ellie and her were far more communicative. "And you? What have you been up to since...last year" a half smile rose from the amusing commentary.

Back to top Go down
Jacques Clement
Adult
Adult
Jacques Clement

PostSubject: Re: Leading by Example (Open)   Leading by Example (Open) EmptyMon Dec 18, 2017 9:06 pm

The explanation of the orphanage and a missed visitation due to the a number of social events. Jacques could understand that, being caught up with the Pureblood social calendar was easy enough to do, especially when, as a young lady of the house, Tess Marie would not be given the luxury of making decisions herself.

"I'm sure the children will like getting two Christmas' in a year." Jacques replied with a genuine smile. "Need any help?" He added kindly, because a lady shouldn't be left to moving all of the toys on her own if there was someone who could help her out. "I've finished what I was doing for the day, and I'm not needed back at the Palace, so I could always help you take the toys to the children. Unless, of course, you've someone here who can help?"

The comments on being back in France brought a smile to Jacques lips, one that didn't start to leave as he spoke fondly in the next moment. "Maman always speaks in the same manner when she comes back from England and is back on French soil. There is no country greater, truly." Jacques said, pride of his country showing quite clearly in that moment.

"University, that's where I've been. Partaking in the Auror course on offer, though, that is uninspiring at best." Jacques explained, less than impressed. However, Jacques was hardly at the university for the degree he'd chosen, more for the vast libraries of books available, and the ability to experiment with a number of things that he would never, ever bring to the Palace. But, of course, that much information, Tess Marie wouldn't need.

~ Profile ~
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Leading by Example (Open)   Leading by Example (Open) EmptyMon Jan 08, 2018 6:49 am

When there was no teasing in Jacques tone after her confession, she was relieved to find him actually taking her seriously. Her cheeks flushed slightly at him doing so. It was so rare to find a male pureblood that actually listened to her and didn't simply talk to her to get something from her.

Though when he offered her help, she nodded shyly. "I'd very much appreciate it" she murmured and walked along picking more items that she knew the children would enjoy. "I don't have anyone with me...grand-mere thinks it's safe enough for me to be alone" her eyes were bright with mischief.

It was clear that she had supervision, but she had bribed them away. It was never discussed but normal for girls such as her. Whatever small moment of freedom they received, girls like her relished it.

At the mentioned of his family, Tess smiled softly. The Matriarch of the Clement family was always so beautiful in her eyes. She carried such grace that she herself wished to get one day. Of course, while her beauty would never compare, she only only hoped that one day she would have a partnership like the Clement heads had.

"I do enjoy seeing your mother" she commented. "I haven't had the opportunity with everything that's occurred. But please send my regards to your maman. She's always so kind."

Though at the mention of the university her eyes brightened all the more. She secretly sought to know more in hopes of being able to attend one day...that is if she hadn't been trapped by then. The mention of him attending to go to the Auror program was an interesting one, that is until he shot it down. She couldn't help but nervously asking.

"What...what are your thoughts in the Healer career at the university? Are there a lot of-I...I mean the curriculum. That is if that's not too much of a bother."

She inwardly winced at her awkwardness but she could not help it. She wanted to know more. Just how many pureblood women attended if any? Was that frowned upon within the younger generations? Was a famous name there of a woman that her father might one day allow her to use as leverage? Her mind swarmed with ideas.

Back to top Go down
Jacques Clement
Adult
Adult
Jacques Clement

PostSubject: Re: Leading by Example (Open)   Leading by Example (Open) EmptyMon Jan 08, 2018 9:36 pm

Jacques smiled at Tess' admittance that her Grandmere thought it safe for her to be out on her own. The Clement heir did not, for a single moment, believe Tess' words, but he would not pull her up on it. After all, no harm would come to her now that she was with him, so he could hardly berate the child who had just accepted his help that afternoon.

"Of course, I will send Maman your regards. Say hello to Grandmere for me, and the rest of your family." Jacques replied, he did like the Holmes', they were a good family, firm in their beliefs, and good friends of the Clement house. Not in the manner that Jacques would like their families to join together -- Mycroft was too old for Elenore, and Tess was more of a younger sister to Jacques than the idea of a perfect bride. Still, if his Maman and Papa decided that this would be the best route, a tie with the Clements and the Holmes, Jacques would stand by the decision and do his best to make it work.

"The Healer course..." Jacques echoed, thinking for a few moments. "Well, I've done a couple of the classes -- Aurors need to know some basic healing, just in case, and they've been quite intuitive. It's not really an area I'm interested in, truthfully, so, you know how those kind of classes go..."

Jacques said this with something of a confiding nature, knowing Tess would have one lesson that she simply couldn't abide by, and wanted to get away from. Though, Jacques would never be so bold as to ask her which lesson she thought such things of. "However, I've heard a lot of good things from the girls on campus -- it seems, and I don't mean to be sexist when I say this -- a female dominated course. Still lots of guys, of course, but there more girls in those classes than in the Auror training.

"They do say the work load is intense, though. Not a course to go in to lightly." Jacques finalised, hoping this would be enough for the youngest Holmes. "Are you thinking about university when you finish Hogwarts?" Jacques asked, curiosity clear. It would be... a bold move for Tess to do such things, but Jacques didn't think badly of her doing such things, if that was what she wanted.

~ Profile ~
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Leading by Example (Open)   Leading by Example (Open) EmptyFri Jan 12, 2018 6:06 am

Tess smiled at the sincerity of Jacques' tone when he sent his regards to her own family. It was nice to have a good rapport with other families, but none was more important to her family than the Clements. France always tended to unite through their political ties unlike the competitiveness of England and their families. She knew her family was small, and not the warmest of people, but she hoped to change that one day. She liked the way the Clement patriarch treated his wife; it was a genuine love that she only hoped grew with time. She hoped for something similar with her life.

When the conversation went to the Healer courses at the university she was unable to hid her curiosity. The idea of attending was a farfetched one; her father would think that she would be wasting her best years in school and she couldn't help but be disappointed by it. She wanted to learn, make a name for herself despite being a woman. Yet, at his question she genuinely looked frightened at the judgment before her heart spoke before her brain could stop it.

"If life allows me the freedom to educate myself and become more well rounded I would love to." Her cheeks reddened and she gripped a toy tighter in her hand. "That is...I mean...one can only hope. Father will decide what is right for me."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leading by Example (Open)   Leading by Example (Open) Empty

Back to top Go down

Leading by Example (Open)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next