Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Night with old friends ( One shot)
You Kept This From Me?!? (Kit & Jake) - Page 3 Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» Election Night (Tessa)
You Kept This From Me?!? (Kit & Jake) - Page 3 Emptyby Tessa Greene Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:38 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
You Kept This From Me?!? (Kit & Jake) - Page 3 Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
You Kept This From Me?!? (Kit & Jake) - Page 3 Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

» Alexander Quinn
You Kept This From Me?!? (Kit & Jake) - Page 3 Emptyby Alexander Quinn Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:50 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

You Kept This From Me?!? (Kit & Jake)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

Birthday : 1992-08-13
Job/hobbies : Auror & DADA Professor

You Kept This From Me?!? (Kit & Jake) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: You Kept This From Me?!? (Kit & Jake)   You Kept This From Me?!? (Kit & Jake) - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 28, 2021 5:49 pm

As Kit Harrington started speaking, Jake's eyes flickered up to meet the man's eyes in intervals. The notion that there would need to be a paternity test completed before Kit would believe him was not one Jake had considered before this moment, but it made sense. The nod of agreement came from the younger man without a word, and he would happily jump through that hoop, because there was no doubt in Jake's mind that he was right.

Mimosa was too much like her mother, with the single exception of her eyes that were too hauntingly like his own for him to be wrong.

The notion that he would have to wait, though, did not go down well with Jake. He'd missed so much already, and Kit was insisting he wait? Whilst that much was frustrating, Jake took in the reasoning on board and knew that to simply thrust himself in to the young witch's life could be disastrous. So, once again, the younger man simply nodded his ascent to the proposition. He didn't have the power to play games here, so accepting the terms set out seemed to be the wiset thing to do. However, Jake did know something.

"When will you speak to her about all this? Over the summer?" Jake asked, meeting the older man's eyes to see how this would play out. The fact Kit had told Mimosa nothing of her mother, though, was something Jake tucked away. Why? Why had Kit not told her? Obviously she didn't need to know the last year or so. Another time, though, that could all be discussed another time.

Kit's terms were merely expanded upon, and Jake nodded at the right moments to show he understood. He might not like it, but he understood.

The final part, about how he was not to put his baggage upon the child made Jake look up in confusion, shaking his head slightly to show he didn't understand. "With all respect, sir, I have two children at home. I am not going to pretend I am the perfect father, there is no such thing. But I know that, when children are involved, nothing else in the world matters. I've had to deal with their mother leaving us, and not once have the children felt the loss from me. I would never, ever, burden my children with my own emotions."

That was something you could never afford to do, not with children. But Jake had had a lot of help from his family, his success had never been his own.

"But, I understand you want to protect Mimosa. I understand, and I agree with you. I don't wish to divide any family, I don't wish to insist upon anything. I just want her to know who I am, and hopefully... get to know my daughter." The young man explained softly, trailing off because everything seemed to be a blur of emotion. There was so much to think about, so much to do. He just had to hope he could do something right.

For a moment, Jake thought about getting up, but he paused. Thinking, before he looked to the older man. They might never have seen eye to eye when Jake was younger, and they probably wouldn't see eye to eye in the future, but they both had something in common, two things now. Whether or not either one of them would like it was another matter, but the fact remained.

"I'm sorry, Mr Harrington. For your loss. Truly. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, and I know that telling you that if I'd known I'd never have let Azalea leave, but I know it won't bring her back. But I'm sorry I couldn't convince Azalea that she was enough all those years ago, sir. She was. I just never fought her demons hard enough to convince her."

With that, Jake rose to his feet. He'd more than outstayed his welcome, he was sure.

"I'll be in touch with the information you need to confirm the paternity. Thank you for seeing me." Jake finished, moving from the room without another word. He gave Clara a small wave on the way past the kitchen, managing a goodbye before he let himself out of the house, striding away from the house as if he had a purpose...

When in reality, the thirty one year old did not have a clue about anything any more.

~ Auror ~ Profile ~ DADA Professor ~
~ In a Relationship ~ 36 ~ Father ~ 6' ~ American Accent ~
You Kept This From Me?!? (Kit & Jake) - Page 3 Rsz_1j10
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsandbeyond.forumotion.co.uk

You Kept This From Me?!? (Kit & Jake)
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3