Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Not a baby! [open for all] Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» Election Night (Tessa)
Not a baby! [open for all] Emptyby Tessa Greene Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:38 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Not a baby! [open for all] Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
Not a baby! [open for all] Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

» Alexander Quinn
Not a baby! [open for all] Emptyby Alexander Quinn Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:50 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Not a baby! [open for all]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Not a baby! [open for all] Empty
PostSubject: Not a baby! [open for all]   Not a baby! [open for all] EmptyFri Feb 23, 2018 3:24 am

Riley stood several yards away from the Forbidden Forest. Not close enough to get into trouble...yet. She scanned the dark trees that seemed to let no light in.

"Figures..."

She muttered looking for any part of the forest that might be lighter than the rest. As she did this Riley twirled her wand in her fingers like a muggle drummer did with a drumstick.

Some fourth year had called her a baby which had started a heated debate. Now Riley had to prove she wasn't a baby by going into the forest then coming out. Apparently she didn't need to come out in the same condition she came in as. This didn't scare her at all since she was always getting banged up in her own garden.

No her issue was with the dark that seemed to surround the forest. This made her a huge baby so she had to play it off as looking for her opening. To her utter horror there seemed to be no one around to stop her.

"Perfect..."

She again muttered to herself as she closed the distance between her and the forest. In her head she just kept telling herself she wasn't a baby and that she only need go a little into the forest then turn back.

Riley was now right in front of the forest and had the distinct feeling of being watched. She knew it was a group of students thinking she would chicken out. No chance...not today. Raising her foot she was about to set it into the forest.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Not a baby! [open for all]   Not a baby! [open for all] EmptyFri Feb 23, 2018 8:55 am

It wasn't unusual for Nerisei to wander around the grounds. The witch needed the peace and quiet far more than she would like. Dimitri was busy with an essay he had to hand in, so Nerisei had to spend the evening alone, something she hadn't been doing much for the last couple of months.

Nerisei had grown quite close to the wizard, and how could she not, after everything that had gone down? She still remembered how she had gotten drunk and ended up expressing her feelings for him. But that wasn't the worst part. The worst was when she woke up the next day, and she remembered what a bloody mess she had created. Because of that, Nerisei had to have a serious talk with Dimitri, that ended with them agreeing on being friends, since he didn't reciprocate her feelings.

But Valentine's Day was close, and Nerisei's head was spinning. She needed to clear her thoughts. And that lead to the need of peace, and time alone.

The Grounds had been a usual getaway for the Ravenclaw witch, since no one wandered around, especially at night. But, this time it seemed, things were going to change. Nerisei had been walking aimlessly, her feet leading her towards the Forbidden Forest. Memories hit her harder than ever. The death of Prim and Max, her best friends. She still hadn't come to grips with the fact they were gone, even though it's been a year.

As she moved closer, a figure came into view. A small figure. The heck?, the witch thought, making her way over there. No one was allowed in the Forest, and Nerisei was sure as hell not going to let anyone get killed while she was there.
Her feet moved faster than before, trying to reach the person that was so walking into a death trap. She had to stop them.

Nerisei made it in time, since the, what appeared to be a girl, hadn't gone into the Forest yet. "Oh no, no, no! You are most certainly not going in there!" Neri came to stand in front of the little witch, arms crossed over her chest. She wouldn't back off, and the first year would surely not go in there. "You shouldn't be out here in the first place. So, let's get you back to the castle, shall we?"

The older witch didn't leave room for a discussion. Once they were back in the castle, safe and out of trouble, the little girl had some serious explaining to do, and it had better be good.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Not a baby! [open for all]   Not a baby! [open for all] EmptyFri Feb 23, 2018 1:57 pm

Before a toe could go into the forest a girl with dark hair and green eyes was suddenly in front of Riley. For a long moment she was stunned into silence. The girl was taller then Riley so she had to look up at her , due to their closeness. This girl had that natural beauty the Papa always said Mama had. Not that Riley was into that it was more in lines of someone admiring a piece of art.

Once she was over being stunned Riley's face went into a mix of utter relief and utter defiance. While she had not desire to go into the forest she also hated to be told what to do. The sound of foot steps and scattering told her that the audience had hot footed it out of there. No need in getting int trouble for a first year no doubt.

Riley's eyes quickly went over the girls robes looking for a Prefect badge. Okay no badge so then why did this girl give to flips about her going into the forest? They wouldn't even from the same house so it couldn't be about points. Easing a bit Riley put on a big smile then shrugged.

“Whatever you say.”

Okay she was being treated a bit like a baby at the moment but Riley was letting it slide. She was trying to figure out how she was going to spin this to the others. Girl wasn't a Prefect but she was older...wouldn't be to hard to move her date with the forest. It was going to have to happen sooner or later and later was fine with Riley.

Now that she was sure the audience was gone and as they walked back to the castle Riley turned to the girl. Still not sure how much information to give her.

“Why do you care if I go into the forest? Your not a Prefect and we aren't in the same house?”

Best to get some of her internal questions out. She was in no way fighting to stay near the forest in fact Riley would have kept a steady pace till they were yards away from the place.

“Sorry...manners. I'm Riley.”

Her mother would have had her backside for not giving a proper introduction. Good thing Mama wasn't here...plus Mama wouldn't have approved of her going into the forest. It wasn't something a Lady would do.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Not a baby! [open for all]   Not a baby! [open for all] EmptyFri Feb 23, 2018 2:25 pm

Nerisei was quite thankful when the younger witch didn't put up a fight. Though, she had to admit, it was kind of weird. An eyebrow was raised in question, but Nerisei didn't say anything. Instead, she followed the younger witch towards the castle, and thanked the God that this hadn't ended badly.

“Why do you care if I go into the forest? Your not a Prefect and we aren't in the same house?”

At that question, Nerisei almost snapped at the girl, but stopped once she realized two things. One, it was rude, and Nerisei was never one to talk to anyone like that. And two, it had been a year since Prim and Max's death. This girl was a First Year, so she wouldn't have to know about what happened. After all, no one really paid attention to what was being said during the Welcoming Feast. Sighing, the Ravenclaw witch looked at the younger girl with sadness gracing her every feature.

But before she could speak, the young one also introduced herself. Neri nodded in acknowledgement, before speaking up. "I am Nerisei. And yes, I am not a Prefect, nor a..."
Nerisei glanced at Riley's robs before looking back up at her once again. "Nor a Gryffindor." She admitted.

"Though, I have to be neither, in order to care. And I care. A lot."
Nerisei didn't know how to approach the subject. Truth was, she hadn't opened up about this before. Well, except the day she had decided to become a drunk mess and spill everything to Dimitri, there is. During her sober state, Nerisei hadn't talked to anyone about this. After all, who wanted to talk about the death of two students? Everyone wanted to forget and move on, and that was perfectly normal. But they were her best friends. And she missed them every day, more and more.

"The Headmistress made it quite clear, that no one should enter the Forbidden Forest. Even though she mentioned this at the start of the year, I will remind you what happened the last time someone stepped foot in there." Nerisei inhaled deeply, calming her beating heart and trying to keep the tears at bay. She wouldn't cry, not now. "Two of our students had wandered into the forest, and they were found dead. Eaten by spiders."

By the time Neri was done explaining, the duo had reached the castle. They were safe. For now, at least.
Nerisei turned to face the Gryffindor, kneeling down so that they would be face to face. She had always been good with children. It was a gift, some people said.
"Look, I don't know if it was just curiosity, or if it was something else that urged you to go in there, but it's not worth it. I promise you, it's not. If you are curious about the forest, there are lots of books, and you can find everything you need in it. But if it was someone else, forcing you to go in there, just to prove something, don't even bother.

"Going into the Forbidden Forest doesn't make you wiser, or stronger, or anything, for that matter! You are putting yourself in danger, and that is all there is to it. Please, I am sure there are a lot of people who care about you, Riley. Don't give them a reason to worry."

Standing back up, Neri gave Riley a smile, showing that she meant every word she had said. "Now, there are lots of safe places in here. Would you like a tour?"
Yes, Nerisei wanted to spend some time alone to think. But, delaying it a bit more wouldn't hurt, right?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Not a baby! [open for all]   Not a baby! [open for all] EmptySat Feb 24, 2018 3:23 pm

When the dark hair girl sighed Riley looked up at her. Why did she suddenly look so sad? She wondered if it had been something she had said or did that made the girl sad. Surely just going into the Forest wouldn't make someone sad. The girl, now introduced at Nerisei, started to explain.

Both Riley's eyebrows shot up when Nerisei said she cared a lot. Was that normal? Maybe it was just how Nerisei was...someone who cared about everyone. Riley continued to listen as she went on. She wrinkled her nose a bit at the reminder she shouldn't have been going into the Forest.

"Dead...eaten..."

Riley's mouth popped open at the fact two students had died last year. How had she missed that? Well she wasn't the best listener in the world and the feast had been very distracting. A million questions shot into her head through she didn't ask a one. Time with her father had taught her not to question things. Then again...this wasn't home...and this girl wasn't her father.

"Where they friends of yours? The...kids I mean."

It didn't take divination powers to tell that Nerisei had been connected to the kids who had passed. Maybe just housemates put still just from the sad look it was clear they had meant something to her.

When Nerisei knelt down Riley felt a little sour. Nothing like making her feel like a total baby. Though her words softened the blow a little. Man she was really trying to keep Riley out of the Forest. Forcing was a strong word Riley could just tell the older kid to bugger off about the baby thing...no Riley was also wondered what she might find in the Forest.

It was a good speech Nerisei gave. Not to say it didn't sink it...it did...just Riley was way more headstrong then was good for her. While death was scary she was also young and felt slightly invincible.

When Nari smiled it brought Riley out of her own head. She wasn't to keen on going back inside for several reasons. Shaking her head in the negative to the offered tour Riley motioned for Nerisei to come sit with her.

"I like it out here if that's okay."

Of course Neri could blow her off after all she was just some first year scrub whom she had just saved from at the very most death from the Forbidden Forest

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Not a baby! [open for all]   Not a baby! [open for all] EmptyMon Feb 26, 2018 1:49 pm

"Where they friends of yours? The...kids I mean."

Nerisei sighed once again. It was hard to talk about this, but maybe, just maybe, it would help her move on. Leave the darkness and the sadness behind and try to make her life a bright, happy place once again. Of course, it was going to be hella hard, she was one hundred percent positive about it, but it was doable. She could do it.

"Yes, they were. They were my best friends, actually. I lost a big part of me, when they died." Nerisei admitted, wiping away the tears before they could roll down her cheeks. No, she wouldn't cry. She would remain strong. She had to.

The denial of her invitation, though, brought a confused look on Nerisei's features. Of course, she would never force the young girl to do something that she didn't want, but why didn't she want to stay in the castle? The fact that she liked to be outside was understandable, but it was dark and she was still a little child. Of course, that didn't mean she wasn't capable of handling herself. No, Neri didn't believe that this was the case. But, she was sure there was something else behind her dislike of the castle.

"Well, I won't force you to come in. But that leaves me no other choice than stay here with you. Until you are sleepy enough, of course. Then I will take you all the way up to the Gryffiindor Tower, make sure you are safe and well, before leaving." Though, as the witch was explaining how this was going to go down, she couldn't suppress the need to ask why she didn't want to stay in.

"What scares you so much? I mean, why don't you want to go in?" Nerisei gave the younger witch an encouraging smile, to prove that she didn't mean any harm. She wasn't going to laugh, or mock the little girl. She was, simply, curious.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Not a baby! [open for all]   Not a baby! [open for all] EmptyWed Feb 28, 2018 3:29 pm

Riley watched Nerisei sigh as if she was building up to something. Maybe she had touched a nerve with the girl with her question. Was father right about all her questions? No the girl wasn’t mad just seemed...sad...yes sad seemed to be right. When Nerisei spoke of them being her best friends Riley winced a little. Maybe she had hit a nerve...she hadn’t thought they would be the girls best friends. When she wiped away a tear Riley pulled out a handkerchief. It was monogrammed with a frilly edge and she handed it to Nerisei.

“I can’t even imagine.”

The most Riley had ever lost was a pet.

“You...you know they wouldn’t want you sad like this. I mean...yeah you got to mourn and stuff but you can’t just stay stuck in the sadness.”

Riley smiled at the girl

“I’m sorry if me going into the forest upset you because of...stuff...but bright side we got to meet.”

She always tried looking at the bright side of things. Nerisei’s confused look her her laughing a bit. It wasn’t that she didn’t like the castle or anything. Riley just loved the outdoors and how different night was from day. While the dark scared her it also held a beauty.

“Just for a little bit. I love how quiet winter nights can be...and the moonlight on the snow makes it look like diamonds.”

Taking in a deep breath of chilly air Riley’s smile got wider. When Nerisei talked about being scared if the castle Riley lifted an eyebrow. Had she given off a scared vibe? Maybe there was some of that left over from her near adventure into the woods. Shaking her head into the negative Riley explained.

“Not scared...just...okay close your eyes. I promise not funny stuff."

To show she wasn’t kidding Riley closed her own eyes.

“Now just listen.”

Night sounds surrounded them but most were to busy to hear or in the castle. The wind in the trees, the soft lapping of water, and nocturnal animals doing what nocturnal animals do. For a good five minutes Riley just listened then finally she spoke.

“I try and do that twice a day. Once in the day and once at night...just listen. Too odd?”

She asked the girl with a smile.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Not a baby! [open for all]   Not a baby! [open for all] EmptySun Mar 04, 2018 11:56 am

Opening up to the little girl -that she barely knew-, was not something Nerisei had planned. It was known that she was having a hard time coping with the loss of her friends, and twice a hard time talking about it. But, for some reason, Riley seemed like a trustworthy little Gryffindor. And, just like Mimosa, she seemed to be quite smart for her age.

“You...you know they wouldn’t want you sad like this. I mean...yeah you got to mourn and stuff but you can’t just stay stuck in the sadness.”

Nerisei turned to look at the girl. What she was saying was, most definitely, true. But it wasn't that Nerisei didn't want to move forward. She did. But she was alone. Max and Prim where her anchors, her two best friends, and not she was left alone to deal with everything. How did you move forward from that?
Their loss had made a serious impact on her life, making it very hard for Nerisei to bond with other people. To make friends.

“I’m sorry if me going into the forest upset you because of...stuff...but bright side we got to meet.”

"I got upset, because I didn't want to see another poor soul getting lost for nothing. But you are right. We did get to meet, and it was a pleasure." The older witch commented with a smile. Riley seemed to be an optimistic type of person. something that Nerisei strove to be.

The small laugh that escaped Riley, made Nerisei smile. She had, probably, said something funny, it seemed. The young witch explained why she preferred to stay outside, and Nerisei listened carefully to what she had to say. But then, the Gryffindor instructed Nerisei to close her eyes, and the older witch didn't hide the surprise that passed over her features. Should she listen to the First year?
But Riley closed her eyes as well, so Nerisei had no other choice than to follow the little witch's example. After all, what could go wrong?

“Now just listen.”

And that is exactly what Nerisei did. At first, she didn't get what the young girl was trying to tell her, but as Nerisei's other senses started picking up everything, a small nod escaped the witch. You could feel the air around you, the sound of the leaves, the calmness. Everything. It was as if nature was speaking to you, and it was magnificent!

“I try and do that twice a day. Once in the day and once at night...just listen. Too odd?”

"Oh, no! It's actually amazing!"
It seemed like there always were something new to learn from the youngsters.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Not a baby! [open for all]   Not a baby! [open for all] EmptyMon Mar 05, 2018 1:01 am

Riley wasn’t much aware of Nerisei’s hard time with her loss. It wasn’t that Riley didn’t care, she did, and she was just a first year which meant her got limited information. Maybe if she was older or had been here when it happened she might have been in the loop. As it was she just wanted to get Nerisei to smile. After all she had saved her in a way so she owed her that much.

When Nerisei looked at her Riley went a little wide eyed. She hoped she hadn’t upset her. After all Riley had never lost anyone close so this advice was off the cuff. Little social cues she had learned from her time with her father and lessons with her mother.

Riley assumed that Nerisei had loads of friends. Since she reminded her of her Mother and her mother always had owls from friends or tea’s with them…brunches. As the older witch spoke Riley looked over to the Forest. Was it really some killing machine that took every life that went in? No…then they wouldn’t allow it to be so close to the school…right?

“The pleasure is all mine M’Lady.”

She said this in an exaggerated posh accent. Her Mother hated when she used it because it was usually only used to crack wise on someone. Now she was using it to make Nersei smile.

Riley wasn’t surprised at Nerisei reluctance to follow her instructions. After all she had just caught the first year trying to break one of the major rules of the school. She was glad when the Ravenclaw actually did as asked.

Just listening made Riley feel loads better. If the older kids teased her she would just brush them off. She had nothing to prove to them so they could buzz off. Opening her eyes she smiled wide. Nerisei had actually liked the little ritual Riley did.

“Thanks. I actually learned it from my Auntie Alma. What is it my Papa calls her…Hippie Dippy? Something like that I don’t get it. She’s very…different…in a good way.”

Her Auntie could be calm and peaceful one moment then throwing hexes the next. It wasn’t that she had violent mood swings it was just her buttons could be pushed easily. Riley laughed at a memory then shared it with her new friend.

“Papa called her that once to her face. He was belching slugs till bedtime.”

While her Papa had the same fiery temper he never held a grudge against his sister. They had made up by the next day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not a baby! [open for all]   Not a baby! [open for all] Empty

Back to top Go down

Not a baby! [open for all]
Page 1 of 1