Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Night with old friends ( One shot)
The Maze You Call A School [Elenore] Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» Election Night (Tessa)
The Maze You Call A School [Elenore] Emptyby Tessa Greene Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:38 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
The Maze You Call A School [Elenore] Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
The Maze You Call A School [Elenore] Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

» Alexander Quinn
The Maze You Call A School [Elenore] Emptyby Alexander Quinn Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:50 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

The Maze You Call A School [Elenore]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

The Maze You Call A School [Elenore] Empty
PostSubject: The Maze You Call A School [Elenore]   The Maze You Call A School [Elenore] EmptyWed May 02, 2018 7:21 am

A couple of days had passed since Odysseas had arrived at Hogwarts. The train ride was... adequate. Honestly, the man would have preferred to arrive at the school with some other means, but his sister had insisted he made the whole trip. He had to give a message, as the heir of the Venizelos family, and the future Care of Magical Creatures Professor, and hiding away would not send the correct message. With a heavy heart and a nod, the man followed his sister's advice.

With a few weeks free, before the lessons started, Odysseas had the freedom to explore the castle and learn more bout it. The problem was, though, that he had no idea from where to start. Being a smart man, he had asked for someone to tour him around the famous school, when he was applying for this position, and the Headmistress had agreed upon having one of the upperclassmen to deal with it, since most of them were after extra credit.

Truthfully, the man didn't really care who was going to be honored enough to show around the new, handsome Care of Magical Creatures Professor, but whoever it was, it better be good, because Odysseas was not going to fool around. Hogwarts would be his home for the next year, maybe more, and he wanted to be able to wander around freely, if anything happened. Knowing your environment was a basic thing.

Therefore, on the scheduled day, the wizard stood outside the Staffroom, a little earlier than what he was supposed to be, and waited for the student to arrive. He hadn't received a name or House, but all Odysseas could hope for was for the student not to be a total idiot. Because, if that was the case, he was going to ask for a different tour guide immediately.
Back to top Go down
Elenore Clement
Adult
Adult
Elenore Clement

Birthday : 2006-12-14

PostSubject: Re: The Maze You Call A School [Elenore]   The Maze You Call A School [Elenore] EmptyThu May 03, 2018 8:17 pm

The request had been... weird, to say the least. Upon arriving back at the school Elenore had planned to keep to herself, away from everyone except when it came to lessons and meals. There wasn't anyone in the school that interested her, truly, there wasn't anyone left within the school that she trusted. Her parents had seen to that when they had Tess Marie married off to the Valentino heir. Oh, Elenore could smell the stink that came with Mycroft's conviction, and Tess Marie's fast proposal.

But, she had no proof.

Only that Hogwarts was more isolated than ever before. A place where she loathed to be more and more each year. A place that kept her from her Grandmere, and her loving embrace...

But, no, Adelaide Goshawk had seen fit for Elenore to be a tour guide, which meant she had to interact with the new professor. Had Elenore been at the feast, she would have known what she was heading in to, had she been listening to the endless witterings of the other girls in the dorm, she would have known who to expect. But Elenore had not been listening to anything, and so as she rounded the corner to the staff room to meet the professor in question, her smile pushed in to one of politeness, it had taken a moment for her to realise the mistake of not listening to others.

Odysseas Venizelos, the heir to the Venizelos fortune -- not that this was much these days with the financial collapse of Greece for a second time -- stood before her. Elenore had understood Adelaide Goshawk's presence at the school, but
a Pureblood such as the Venizelos heir? This... was quite the surprise.

"Monsi-" Elenore began, before catching herself. This was not the Palace, nor was it Greece. No, they were at Hogwarts, and the role of power had, quite unfortunately, flipped one eighty. Where, in the real world, Elenore held more power (on paper, at least) in the school, he was her superior. "I mean to say, Professor Venizelos. What a surprise to see you here." The witch greeted demurely, her eyes not quite meeting his.

"The Headmistress sent me to oversee your tour of the castle." She explained, not wishing to have to do this even more now she knew who she would be showing around the school. "Shall we?" She motioned to the grounds, knowing it would be best to do this bit whilst it was still light so that she could ensure he knew where everything was.

~ Diary ~ Profile ~ Kelenore Playlist ~
~ Ambitious ~ 21 ~ Slim ~ 5'6" ~ Athletic ~
The Maze You Call A School [Elenore] Signat12
Thank you to the amazing Kiera for my signature <3
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Maze You Call A School [Elenore]   The Maze You Call A School [Elenore] EmptyWed May 16, 2018 10:44 pm

Odysseas thought that he would be waiting for quite some time, since he had been ready some time earlier than the appointed time, but to his surprise, the person that was supposed to show him around was coming his way. Though, nothing could have prepared him for it...
The wizard didn't hide the surprise in his eyes, as none other than Elenore Clement, the Clement Heiress, the daughter of the people that had taken over his country, and had completely destroyed his life. The same people that had taken what was rightfully his.

Had he seen the girl outside of school, the hatred that he felt for her wouldn't be hidden away from his eyes, but now, under the circumstances they were in, Odysseas stopped himself from glaring at the young witch, and instead put on a smile for her. He had to play nice. After all, while they were at the school, he had the power over her, even though the tables automatically turned the moment they stepped foot outside of the Hogwarts' Grounds.

As the witch spoke of how surprising it was to see him at the school, Odysseas couldn't help but understand what she meant. It wasn't normal for people like him to teach at Hogwarts. Though, the surprise was not him being here, but the other way around. The older wizard couldn't have possibly expected the Headmistress to assign Elenore Clement as a tour guide, but here she was, and now Odysseas had to put aside their differences and hope Elenore Clement was good at giving tours.

"The Headmistress sent me to oversee your tour of the castle."

"I would say I am surprised that the Headmistress chose you, but now I can see why. She knows very well how demanding I can be, and I did hope that my guide would be intelligent enough. You see, I can not put up with stupidity, and I'd like to learn this castle and all it has to offer, or hide, as soon as possible." Odysseas admitted and gave the witch a big smile.

"Please, lead the way."
Odysseas would have, under other circumstances, offered his arm for her to take, but since they were in school, the older wizard knew well enough that such things would be easily misunderstood, and instead refrained from doing so. Though, the urge to do so was prominent.
Back to top Go down
Elenore Clement
Adult
Adult
Elenore Clement

PostSubject: Re: The Maze You Call A School [Elenore]   The Maze You Call A School [Elenore] EmptyWed May 16, 2018 11:14 pm

Odysseas' response to the point she'd made brought a soft smile to Elenore's lips. A polite smile, nothing more, compliments in their world had never truly been heartfelt, and Elenore doubted Odysseas Venizelos truly meant the words he'd spoken in that moment. It was simply the right words, in the right moment, to achieve a goal that had yet been unspoken.

"I fear that should I tell you of the items the castle can hide, I would upset a number of my fellow students here." Elenore replied to the prompt of what the older man wanted to learn of. "Though, perhaps I can tell you of a few of the useful hidden secrets of the castle, that the professors are already aware of." Elenore told him, because there were some useful shortcuts that almost everyone in the castle used.

When prompted to lead the way, Elenore moved forth, towards the stairs, before motioning to the floor they were on as a whole. "The Ground Floor has very little to offer, other than to show you up towards all the other spaces in the castle. I assume you've been to the Great Hall on the night of the opening feast?" She asked, pausing to have this confirmed before she continued on. "You already know of the Staff Room," Elenore continued because that had been where he was waiting. "Then, that door over there is the Transfiguration classroom. The dungeons lead off down there -- that is where you will find the Hufflepuff Common Room, the Kitchens, the Slytherin Common Room, and the Potions classroom. Though, I couldn't tell you where the Slytherin Common Room is, only the general direction of it." Elenore explained. Throughout her stay she'd never strayed near the Slytherin Common Room, Jacques' stay had been enough to put her off.

And since his departure, it had been home to the American witch Elenore loved to avoid.

"The stairs, obviously, lead up the castle. Be careful of the stairs, they like to move on a whim at times. Which can be vastly inconvenient when you're heading to lessons." Elenore continued to explain as they emerged from the castle.

"We'll head this way," the witch explained, motioning the man down to their left and the Black Lake. "You'll probably have seen the Lake on your arrival, I would imagine, but it's good to know your way around it, anyway.

"What lesson will you be teaching?" Elenore asked, only out of politeness in that moment. The sooner they got finished with all of this, the sooner she could head back to her dormitory and away from the world.

Hogwarts Map

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Maze You Call A School [Elenore]   The Maze You Call A School [Elenore] EmptyMon Jun 04, 2018 8:16 pm

"I fear that should I tell you of the items the castle can hide, I would upset a number of my fellow students here."

When Odysseas had asked the young girl to reveal to him all the secrets this Castle  was hiding, he hadn't been serious about it. The man had been student too once, and just like Durmstrang, he was sure that Hogwarts was full of secret passageways and rooms, made for those who needed them. As a professor, it was Odysseas' duty to find out about those rooms and passageways, and make sure the children stayed away from them, but Odysseas had not come here to spoil the fun the teenagers wanted to have. No, instead, he would leave them be, as long as they were discreet about their.. adventures.

Though as the Clement girl spoke of revealing some of them to him, Odysseas found himself chuckling softly. Elenore Clement seemed to be intelligent enough to reveal such secrets to him, yet keep them hidden. She knew how to keep both parties happy, it seemed, though Odysseas wouldn't have been mad if she had denied him any information on that matter. Though, he had to admit, he was quite intrigued by the fact that Elenore Clement, a Pureblood lady such as herself, knew of places like these. Places that usually young couples went to act on desires she was forbidden of having. Yet.

"Any information you provide me with, will be useful to me." Odysseas admitted, but left it at that. After all, there wasn't much to add.

Elenore started the tour by explaining what was going on in the Ground Floor, before moving to the Dungeons. Odysseas wasn't surprised when the girl mentioned that the Slytherin Common Room was placed there, but he was surprised when she spoke of the Hufflepuff Common Room being there as well. From what the man had heard, the Slytherin House was that of the cunning and sly ones, whilst the Hufflepuff house was... soft. Why would they put such house in such a dark place?

"The stairs, obviously, lead up the castle. Be careful of the stairs, they like to move on a whim at times. Which can be vastly inconvenient when you're heading to lessons."

"They do?" Odysseas asked, surprised, taking a good look at the stairs before following after the young girl. The wizard had no reason not to believe the Clement princess, but so far, he had not experienced any movement from the stairs. Though, he had to admit, he hadn't been close to them much.

As they emerged from the castle, Odysseas smiled, loving the feeling of being outside. The grounds had to be his favorite place so far, and since he would be teaching Care of Magical Creatures, he would be seeing a lot of them. As if reading his mind, though, the witch lead him towards the Black Lake, speaking of how he would have probably seen it on his way here, before asking him what subject he would be teaching. "Care of Magical Creatures, my dear. Are you interested in the creatures of the magical world?" He asked politely, hoping that the young woman wouldn't be too bored in his presence.
Back to top Go down
Elenore Clement
Adult
Adult
Elenore Clement

PostSubject: Re: The Maze You Call A School [Elenore]   The Maze You Call A School [Elenore] EmptyMon Jun 04, 2018 8:39 pm

Leaving the information of the secret passageways for later -- Elenore would only tell the man beside her of the ones that would be of use to him, and the rest... the rest he could find himself, or remain unaware of. No, without showing him where they were, they were not of any use at the moment.

Odysseas remained quiet as she explained what was where on the ground floor, and then the dungeons. She hoped that she had not lost the man with her talk of the houses, but she assumed that Odysseas would have done his reading up on the school before he chose to teach here. When no questions came from the layout she'd explained, Elenore continued on her tour, smiling fondly at the question of the stairs.

"Yes, they move. There is no pattern, so you cannot second guess their behaviour. They don't always move, either, so whether you'll ever fall foul to their mischievous nature is anyone's guess. But, you have been warned." She explained, hoping that it would be enough to prevent the professor from getting lost. Whilst many students might have omitted that information in the hope of laughing at their new professor, Elenore was not in a position where she could allow for such things. No, her Maman and Papa would look at such a situation with distaste. "Oh, and their is a step, halfway up the stairs, that disappears every now and again. I'll point that one out later."

The grounds were freeing, as always, and Elenore breathed in the fresh air with a freeing feeling engulfing her fully. As they walked towards the Black Lake, Professor Venizelos spoke with a little bit too much familiarity that made the witch look away from him, slightly unsure on how to take the term 'my dear' from a male professor. Let alone a man formerly of one of the highest ranking houses in the world.

But there was no respite in that moment, because Odysseas continued on, asking if she held an interest in his subject, Care of Magical Creatures. Despite herself, the smile on Elenore's lips grew a little in that moment. Was it proper to like Care of Magical Creatures? Probably not, but Elenore did, purely for the creatures they got to see. And, her interest was not limited to the cute and fluffy creatures, either.

"Actually... it's one of my favourite classes." Elenore replied carefully, knowing that perhaps this was not the answer that would be expected. "The creatures we have been shown in recent years have been quite extraordinary, and I hope that you will continue in the same manner." She added, hoping to appease him with the kind words.

"We should be able... yes, there we are." Elenore raised her hand, pointing off towards the Western shore of the lake. "Those are the greenhouses, so you'll probably see students heading that way. The lake is busy during the summer months, especially around the boat dock." She continued, pointing out the dock on the far side. "And, then we continue on around to the Quidditch Pitch. If you like Quidditch then you'll want to be familiar with this by November. I believe the first game is between Gryffindor and Slytherin -- always a very heated match." Elenore explained, though she would not be attending, news had travelled around the Palace about Mimosa's getting in to the team, and she was sure Jacques was coming to watch.

"Then, further ahead we have the Forbidden Forest." Elenore continued on, motioning to the trees. "As it says, its Forbidden, unless of course a professor is with you." She explained, looking to Odyssseas to ensure he was taking all of this on board.

"How are you finding Britain so far?" She asked politely, not wishing to be deemed a bad guide for not following normal conversational structures.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Maze You Call A School [Elenore]   The Maze You Call A School [Elenore] EmptyThu Jun 07, 2018 8:02 pm

Odysseas allowed himself to take a good look at the young witch. For a Clement, she seemed to be quite... perfect. And that was the worst part. The Clements had proven to be monsters, in a way, and Odysseas, despite the fact that he was witnessing a different side, did not want to believe that they were good. Because they surely were not. They destroyed you, the voice in his head reminded him, and Odysseas took a deep breath in to calm himself. He hated them, and even though his position in school did not allow him to treat her any differently than the other students, the man was not going to stop believing that she was just like her parents. Heartless, cold... disgusting.

But as that small smile touched her features, Odysseas almost stumbled over, but caught himself before the young lady could notice. Oh no, he was not going to make a fool of himself before a student, especially if said student was of the Clement family. Odysseas, though, no matter his blood purity, was still a man, and seeing a beautiful lady smile like this made him feel... uneasy. Don't, the voice in his head reminded him. He was a professor, she was a student, and no way in hell would he ever do anything with a Clement. Well, except humiliating them, perhaps.

"Actually... it's one of my favourite classes."

To say he did not expect such an answer would be an understatement. Care of Magical Creatures required a lot of work and devotion, and quite a few times, you had to get your hands dirty, something that Ladies such as Elenore Clement were obviously not allowed, or interested in doing. But standing there, next to him, was the sole exception. Truthfully, Elenore was the only lady in his circle who had admitted to liking everything about the creatures of the magical world. To honestly like them, and not pretend, in order to gain a position in his heart, or bed.

"I truly hope I will live up to your expectations." Was all Odysseas said, before falling silent once more as the young witch continued explaining where everything was. At the mention of Quidditch, though, the man perked up. "I must admit I am quite interested in the sport. Do you enjoy it?" Odysseas asked, though he did not expect to receive a positive answer. However, she could always surprise him with her response, like she had already done once.

The Forbidden Forest was a place Odysseas made a note of visiting, when he had free time. He had heard that there were Centaurs living inside the woods, and the man felt excited at the prospect of talking with one. Sadly, there were not many Centaurs left in Greece. Most of them had fled, after the fires that had burnt most of Greece's flora.

"How are you finding Britain so far?"

Odysseas chuckled. Did the young witch think he had not visited Britain before? "Oh, it's not the first time I am visiting. But Britain doesn't have even a quarter of the beauty Greece has." Odysseas admitted. The man loved his country and he was very proud of its history and accomplishments.
"Have you even been to Greece, my Lady?" Odysseas asked, the name slipping from his lips. He hadn't meant to call her that, but habits died hard. And if they were outside of the school, this was going to be the proper title to use.
Back to top Go down
Elenore Clement
Adult
Adult
Elenore Clement

PostSubject: Re: The Maze You Call A School [Elenore]   The Maze You Call A School [Elenore] EmptyThu Jun 07, 2018 8:27 pm

The question of whether she enjoyed Quidditch brought a soft laugh from Elenore's lips. Only soft, light, hiding the real laugh of derision she would have loved to let out in that moment. "I used to like Quidditch, the school teams are not what they used to be any more, though, so I don't go down to watch any longer." Elenore replied to the question. Her answer was honest, but it was not the entirety of an answer she would have given to someone she trusted.

The answer she would have given her Grandmere.

Professor Venizelos' answer of how he was finding Britain brought a small, knowing smile to Elenore's lips. "No country is ever as beautiful as our home country. Britain is quite awful, though, as far as other countries go." Elenore provided, not going for the competition of whether Greece or France was more beautiful, of that much there would never be a competition, France would always be the most beautiful country in the world to Elenore.

The question of her attendance in Greece made the witch think for a moment. "Perhaps when I was younger I might have visited with my parents, though, I cannot remember the country if I did go." She admitted. "Perhaps I will visit your country soon, though." Elenore added, leaving the unspoken suggestion between them. With the Clements aid, their movement in to the country would not be unheard of, but Elenore had not heard from her parents, or Grandmere, of any such trip.

The witch turned Odysseas towards the castle once more, deciding that was enough of the outdoors for now. "I assume you've found the Headteachers Office upon arrive, and the staff quarters... I doubt you will need for anything else much in the castle..." Elenore explained, wondering what more she could show the man. "But, if you ever need more explanations, you're welcome to ask for my help again, or I would imagine any other students would also be happy to help you, professor."

That was all the witch could really say, so as they entered the entrance hall, Elenore turned to the man beside her. "Do you need help with anything else, sir?" She asked, denoting she wished to head back to her dormitory if he didn't require anything further.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Maze You Call A School [Elenore]   The Maze You Call A School [Elenore] EmptyThu Jun 07, 2018 9:49 pm

The answer Elenore gave him made him raise an eyebrow slightly. Quidditch was always fun to watch, even if the teams weren't as good as you expected or wanted them to be, but that did not mean you gave up on watching! Odysseas knew that deep down, there was more to this subject that what the little witch was letting on, and even though he found himself being particularly interested in learning what had caused the little princess to change her mind about something she enjoyed, he knew better than to ask, or say anything. After all, he was in no position to ask her private questions. It would be inappropriate, even if they weren't in school. Instead, the man simply gave a nod, showing her that he understood, in a manner, and let the subject drop. After all, Quidditch was not that important, anyway.

"No country is ever as beautiful as our home country. Britain is quite awful, though, as far as other countries go."

The man couldn't help but chuckle at her words. She was right, though. There was no man, woman, or child on earth, that considered a country more beautiful than their own, and Odysseas was no different. Truthfully, he doubted that she was any different either, but he couldn't blame her. Unlike Britain, France was quite the beauty, and that reminded the man that it had been a while since he had traveled to Paris. Maybe, when the Holidays arrived, he would be able to take some time off, and maybe visit. It wasn't too far from here.

As Elenenore admitted that she could not recall visiting Greece, Odysseas frowned. Greece was beautiful country, with lovely weather and lovely people. It was was a country surrounded by sea, with amazing island and tasty food. There were so many things to see, so many things to do... But her next words brought a small smirk on his lips. "I am sure Greece would be glad to accommodate you." Odysseas said. Yes, perhaps inviting the little Clement to Greece was not a bad idea. After all, his intentions were... pure.

As the tour came to an end, Odysseas found himself feeling... weird. The young witch had done an excellent job on showing him all the places he would most likely need, but now that the tour was over he... didn't want her to go. It was rare for him to find an intelligent person, like her, to talk with. And despite her age, she seemed to be a very bright witch. Though, she was still a child. She had a lot to learn before she took her first steps in the real world.

"Do you need help with anything else, sir?"

"I think you've covered everything for me, Miss Clement. Merci beaucoup." He said and gave her a small smile. "Though, I am afraid I would feel terrible, if I didn't escort you back to your House. May I?" After the witch agreed, Odysseas walked alongside her towards the Dungeons, all the while making small talk. Only after the girl was safe behind the portrait did the older wizard return to his rooms.

One thing was for sure. Elenore Clement was not what the man had expected.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Maze You Call A School [Elenore]   The Maze You Call A School [Elenore] Empty

Back to top Go down

The Maze You Call A School [Elenore]
Page 1 of 1