Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
November 2024

Classes:
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 1 Registered, 1 Hidden and 2 Guests

Jade Blackwood

Most users ever online was 21 on Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:01 pm
Latest topics
» I can't take this pain (Warning!!!!) (Dia)
by Dominique Greene Yesterday at 12:44 pm

» Spending Time Together
by Dominique Greene Yesterday at 11:45 am

» Transfiguration Lesson 1 (Years 5-7)
by Grayson Hughes Yesterday at 2:10 am

» Restless hearts, sleep alone tonight (Victoria)
by Victoria Newbury Tue May 22, 2018 9:46 pm

» Louis Charles Phillip Clement
by Louis Clement Tue May 22, 2018 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads

IC Chatbox

Share | 

The Maze You Call A School [Elenore]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Odysseas Venizelos
Hogwarts Staff
Hogwarts Staff

Birthday : 1996-11-01

PostSubject: The Maze You Call A School [Elenore]   Wed May 02, 2018 7:21 am

A couple of days had passed since Odysseas had arrived at Hogwarts. The train ride was... adequate. Honestly, the man would have preferred to arrive at the school with some other means, but his sister had insisted he made the whole trip. He had to give a message, as the heir of the Venizelos family, and the future Care of Magical Creatures Professor, and hiding away would not send the correct message. With a heavy heart and a nod, the man followed his sister's advice.

With a few weeks free, before the lessons started, Odysseas had the freedom to explore the castle and learn more bout it. The problem was, though, that he had no idea from where to start. Being a smart man, he had asked for someone to tour him around the famous school, when he was applying for this position, and the Headmistress had agreed upon having one of the upperclassmen to deal with it, since most of them were after extra credit.

Truthfully, the man didn't really care who was going to be honored enough to show around the new, handsome Care of Magical Creatures Professor, but whoever it was, it better be good, because Odysseas was not going to fool around. Hogwarts would be his home for the next year, maybe more, and he wanted to be able to wander around freely, if anything happened. Knowing your environment was a basic thing.

Therefore, on the scheduled day, the wizard stood outside the Staffroom, a little earlier than what he was supposed to be, and waited for the student to arrive. He hadn't received a name or House, but all Odysseas could hope for was for the student not to be a total idiot. Because, if that was the case, he was going to ask for a different tour guide immediately.

Odysseas Z. Venizelos ~ Venizelos Heir ~ 27 ~ Businessman ~ Plot Page
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elenore Clement
Hufflepuff Seventh Year
Hufflepuff Seventh Year

Birthday : 2006-12-14

PostSubject: Re: The Maze You Call A School [Elenore]   Thu May 03, 2018 8:17 pm

The request had been... weird, to say the least. Upon arriving back at the school Elenore had planned to keep to herself, away from everyone except when it came to lessons and meals. There wasn't anyone in the school that interested her, truly, there wasn't anyone left within the school that she trusted. Her parents had seen to that when they had Tess Marie married off to the Valentino heir. Oh, Elenore could smell the stink that came with Mycroft's conviction, and Tess Marie's fast proposal.

But, she had no proof.

Only that Hogwarts was more isolated than ever before. A place where she loathed to be more and more each year. A place that kept her from her Grandmere, and her loving embrace...

But, no, Adelaide Goshawk had seen fit for Elenore to be a tour guide, which meant she had to interact with the new professor. Had Elenore been at the feast, she would have known what she was heading in to, had she been listening to the endless witterings of the other girls in the dorm, she would have known who to expect. But Elenore had not been listening to anything, and so as she rounded the corner to the staff room to meet the professor in question, her smile pushed in to one of politeness, it had taken a moment for her to realise the mistake of not listening to others.

Odysseas Venizelos, the heir to the Venizelos fortune -- not that this was much these days with the financial collapse of Greece for a second time -- stood before her. Elenore had understood Adelaide Goshawk's presence at the school, but
a Pureblood such as the Venizelos heir? This... was quite the surprise.

"Monsi-" Elenore began, before catching herself. This was not the Palace, nor was it Greece. No, they were at Hogwarts, and the role of power had, quite unfortunately, flipped one eighty. Where, in the real world, Elenore held more power (on paper, at least) in the school, he was her superior. "I mean to say, Professor Venizelos. What a surprise to see you here." The witch greeted demurely, her eyes not quite meeting his.

"The Headmistress sent me to oversee your tour of the castle." She explained, not wishing to have to do this even more now she knew who she would be showing around the school. "Shall we?" She motioned to the grounds, knowing it would be best to do this bit whilst it was still light so that she could ensure he knew where everything was.

~ Diary ~ Profile ~
~ Ambitious ~ 17 ~ Slim ~ 5'6" ~ Athletic ~

Thank you to the amazing Kiera for my signature <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Odysseas Venizelos
Hogwarts Staff
Hogwarts Staff

Birthday : 1996-11-01

PostSubject: Re: The Maze You Call A School [Elenore]   Wed May 16, 2018 10:44 pm

Odysseas thought that he would be waiting for quite some time, since he had been ready some time earlier than the appointed time, but to his surprise, the person that was supposed to show him around was coming his way. Though, nothing could have prepared him for it...
The wizard didn't hide the surprise in his eyes, as none other than Elenore Clement, the Clement Heiress, the daughter of the people that had taken over his country, and had completely destroyed his life. The same people that had taken what was rightfully his.

Had he seen the girl outside of school, the hatred that he felt for her wouldn't be hidden away from his eyes, but now, under the circumstances they were in, Odysseas stopped himself from glaring at the young witch, and instead put on a smile for her. He had to play nice. After all, while they were at the school, he had the power over her, even though the tables automatically turned the moment they stepped foot outside of the Hogwarts' Grounds.

As the witch spoke of how surprising it was to see him at the school, Odysseas couldn't help but understand what she meant. It wasn't normal for people like him to teach at Hogwarts. Though, the surprise was not him being here, but the other way around. The older wizard couldn't have possibly expected the Headmistress to assign Elenore Clement as a tour guide, but here she was, and now Odysseas had to put aside their differences and hope Elenore Clement was good at giving tours.

"The Headmistress sent me to oversee your tour of the castle."

"I would say I am surprised that the Headmistress chose you, but now I can see why. She knows very well how demanding I can be, and I did hope that my guide would be intelligent enough. You see, I can not put up with stupidity, and I'd like to learn this castle and all it has to offer, or hide, as soon as possible." Odysseas admitted and gave the witch a big smile.

"Please, lead the way."
Odysseas would have, under other circumstances, offered his arm for her to take, but since they were in school, the older wizard knew well enough that such things would be easily misunderstood, and instead refrained from doing so. Though, the urge to do so was prominent.

Odysseas Z. Venizelos ~ Venizelos Heir ~ 27 ~ Businessman ~ Plot Page
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elenore Clement
Hufflepuff Seventh Year
Hufflepuff Seventh Year

Birthday : 2006-12-14

PostSubject: Re: The Maze You Call A School [Elenore]   Wed May 16, 2018 11:14 pm

Odysseas' response to the point she'd made brought a soft smile to Elenore's lips. A polite smile, nothing more, compliments in their world had never truly been heartfelt, and Elenore doubted Odysseas Venizelos truly meant the words he'd spoken in that moment. It was simply the right words, in the right moment, to achieve a goal that had yet been unspoken.

"I fear that should I tell you of the items the castle can hide, I would upset a number of my fellow students here." Elenore replied to the prompt of what the older man wanted to learn of. "Though, perhaps I can tell you of a few of the useful hidden secrets of the castle, that the professors are already aware of." Elenore told him, because there were some useful shortcuts that almost everyone in the castle used.

When prompted to lead the way, Elenore moved forth, towards the stairs, before motioning to the floor they were on as a whole. "The Ground Floor has very little to offer, other than to show you up towards all the other spaces in the castle. I assume you've been to the Great Hall on the night of the opening feast?" She asked, pausing to have this confirmed before she continued on. "You already know of the Staff Room," Elenore continued because that had been where he was waiting. "Then, that door over there is the Transfiguration classroom. The dungeons lead off down there -- that is where you will find the Hufflepuff Common Room, the Kitchens, the Slytherin Common Room, and the Potions classroom. Though, I couldn't tell you where the Slytherin Common Room is, only the general direction of it." Elenore explained. Throughout her stay she'd never strayed near the Slytherin Common Room, Jacques' stay had been enough to put her off.

And since his departure, it had been home to the American witch Elenore loved to avoid.

"The stairs, obviously, lead up the castle. Be careful of the stairs, they like to move on a whim at times. Which can be vastly inconvenient when you're heading to lessons." Elenore continued to explain as they emerged from the castle.

"We'll head this way," the witch explained, motioning the man down to their left and the Black Lake. "You'll probably have seen the Lake on your arrival, I would imagine, but it's good to know your way around it, anyway.

"What lesson will you be teaching?" Elenore asked, only out of politeness in that moment. The sooner they got finished with all of this, the sooner she could head back to her dormitory and away from the world.

Hogwarts Map

~ Diary ~ Profile ~
~ Ambitious ~ 17 ~ Slim ~ 5'6" ~ Athletic ~

Thank you to the amazing Kiera for my signature <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Maze You Call A School [Elenore]   

Back to top Go down

The Maze You Call A School [Elenore]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum