Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Like Minded People (Madison & Jacques) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» Election Night (Tessa)
Like Minded People (Madison & Jacques) Emptyby Tessa Greene Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:38 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Like Minded People (Madison & Jacques) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
Like Minded People (Madison & Jacques) Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

» Alexander Quinn
Like Minded People (Madison & Jacques) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:50 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Like Minded People (Madison & Jacques)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jacques Clement
Adult
Adult
Jacques Clement

Birthday : 2004-08-10

Like Minded People (Madison & Jacques) Empty
PostSubject: Like Minded People (Madison & Jacques)   Like Minded People (Madison & Jacques) EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 2:50 pm

Wrapping his mother around his little finger had been accomplished by Jacques by the age of five. Adelisa Clement was only a Clement by marriage, which meant she didn't have the power that many women in their family did. It was a shame, because in the whole of the Clement household, she was possibly the only one who had compassion.

Which was precisely how Jacques had managed to convince his parents that he should attend Hogwarts instead of Beauxbatons. Oh, his father had been livid with the idea of him not following his footsteps. His great-grandmother looked like she might faint at the idea. But his mother and his grandmother had saved the battle. After all, his father could never say no to his mother, and his wife was a weakness he'd never seen coming.

Jacques knew how to exploit them both.

Elenore, however, hadn't been convinced by the show.

"You know trying to get at father like this isn't going to help with anything!" She'd tried to tell him, furiously trying to keep up with him. "What are you even trying to achieve, Jacques?"

But he'd ignore Elenore, she was eight, she knew nothing.

Instead, he'd called for his male chaperone, insisting that he wanted to go out. To go to England. School supplies were need. Elenore had reminded him that they didn't do such things for themselves in the annoying tone she always had when it came to her ideas on his behaviour.

As they landed in the streets of Diagon Alley, Jacques had turned to his man, his eyes growing cold as he looked up. "Go. I'll be back in an hour."

"But Master C-"

"Go." Whether it was the tone of voice, or the icy glare that resembled his father's that made the man cave in, Jacques didn't care, watching his man head off to collect the supplies on his school list with little and less interest.

Once the man was far enough away, Jacques turned towards the darkened alley only a few feet away, his lips pulling in to a smirk. Slipping in to the alley, Jacques looked around him, eye shifting from shop to shop, studying the contents in the windows where he could. There was no look of excitement on his face, no, Dark Magic wasn't new to a Clement, but a look of mild enjoyment settled on his features.

He knew what he wanted, it was just finding the right place to find it.

~ Profile ~
~ Clement Heir ~ 24 ~ Athletic ~ 5'11" ~ French Accent ~
Like Minded People (Madison & Jacques) Ojucpn10
Thanks to .V0ldiemort @ TDA for my signature!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Like Minded People (Madison & Jacques)   Like Minded People (Madison & Jacques) EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 3:56 am

Madison has spent a few days with her twin when they decided that things were just not working the way they wanted them to at school. Because they had decided that they would attend different classes, there had not been many opportunities for them to hang in the same groups of people. Not only that, but many complaints had been sent home about their behaviour, and their father had finally put his foot down and they had heard him talking to their mother one night about 'other options'.

So, getting together and discussing it over many hours, they reached a solution. Since Madison had so far gotten most control over those in their year - they respected and feared and adored her all at the same time, or most of them did, anyway, - it was decided that she should be the one to remain at Hogwarts while Melody asked to be transferred to another school. That way, they could gain control (which was their end goal) of not one but two institutions and have friends in many places. Having settled their problem, Melody approached their father and presented some sob story about how she wasn't fitting in and how Madison was excluding her and could she pretty please transfer to another school?

Like they usually did, the twins put on a show and convinced their father they weren't happy together, and everything was right with the world once again; their plan worked. Melody was to start attending another school while Maddie would remain at Hogwarts. The hardest part was having to pretend they hated each other while in the company of their parents, and so they decided it was best to go out as much as possible.

Madison had made a few older year friends before holidays had started, and she used them as an excuse to go out by herself; her friends were almost as manipulative as her, and could act the part of a convincing and responsible adult. So, one day, after signalling to Mel that she was going out, she left with one of said older friends, only to part ways when they arrived at Diagon Alley; she could take care of herself, and her friends didn't particularly care if she wandered off on her own. She had worn something over her planned outfit so that her father couldn't complain, and then just stuffed the loose-t-shirt in her purse when she left his sight, which was bigger on the inside thanks to a charm placed by her mum.

Stepping into Knockturn Alley, a place she had always wanted to visit but had never been allowed, Madison took her time looking into each window, but never going into any shop. Her shirt was a few inches above her waistline, and she kept an eye out for any unwanted attention. It was a bit further down that she caught sight of something odd; a boy, who looked about her age, but she didn't recognize from school, was also walking down the lane, alone.

Interesting, she thought at once, and immediately set off towards him, making sure her skirt had not ridden up in her sudden turn. "What is a boy your age doing alone in an alley like this?" she mused aloud as she stepped into place next to him, peering into the same display as he was, not bothering to even look his way. "And before you say that I'm doing the same thing, I can assure you - I'm not alone, and I'm older than I look," she continued moments later, lying coming as smoothly to her as the truth did to others.
Back to top Go down
Jacques Clement
Adult
Adult
Jacques Clement

PostSubject: Re: Like Minded People (Madison & Jacques)   Like Minded People (Madison & Jacques) EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 10:56 am

The shops in Knockturn Alley were, as he'd imagined, shady. Very little was on show in the shop windows, likely trying to keep the authorities away, or something relatively similar. Jacques wasn't getting much closer to the thing he needed, but he knew he could pop in to Borgin and Burkes if he needed to. He had to go careful though, with his father being the head of the Auror Division, he couldn't let himself be known.

"What is a boy your age doing alone in an alley like this?"

The eleven year old didn't flinch at the words, of someone trying to sound older than they did. He wasn't scared of anyone, and he wasn't about to start now either. Turning to the source of the words, Jacques looked at the witch, eyebrow raised at her. It took only a moment to know that this witch wasn't one of his kind, so that meant she likely didn't have a clue who she was talking to.

"If you think I'm alone, you're poorly informed. I never travel alone." Jacques replied to the witch, his tone verging on hostility. She wasn't threatening him, but he knew better than to tempt fate. He was from a powerful family, his father had put a lot of people in Azkaban over the years, but he simply wasn't going to be scared of every shadow.

"I'm looking for something, not that it's any of your business." He added in response to her question. "And I don't need little girls telling me what I am and what I'm not supposed to be doing. Not even my mother does that." He informed her, because that much was true. Turning back to the windows, Jacques continued looking for the object he'd come here for, eyes calculating, but also keeping half an eye on the witch who'd interrupted him.

Just in case.

~ Profile ~
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Like Minded People (Madison & Jacques)   Like Minded People (Madison & Jacques) EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 12:58 pm

At his words, she smirked a little, making a show of looking around before shrugging. "You seem alone to me. There's nobody who is keeping an eye on you as far as I can see. If you do have invisible body guards, then I must inquire where you managed to hire them." Her tone was casual, light and easy, as though they were old friends and not strangers. Her goal, after all, was not in gaining friendship, but rather to suss him out, and see what he was made of. Anything else would be determined by how he acted.

"If it's not my business why tell me?" she countered at once. "If you don't want me to know, don't answer my questions." Truth be told, nobody had ever spoken to her in that manner before, and while slightly irked, she enjoyed the opportunity for banter. It was always fun to get into verbal arguments with others, especially those her age. The only thing she didn't enjoy was those who could dish it and not take it; those that cried when she "went too far" or touched a nerve. To her, that was the best part, finding out which buttons to press and which to graze to get the best results. It wasn't her fault people got so sensitive.

The next part amused her more than anything, although if someone else had said it, she probably would have reacted differently. "And I don't need little boys telling me who I am," Maddie replied, using the same tone that he was. She didn't really care what he thought, as long as he didn't try to hurt her. If he tried, she wasn't exactly sure what she would do, but if there was one thing she knew she was good at, it was improvising and getting out of scrapes.

Shrugging again, she added, "Besides, I wasn't telling you what you're not supposed to do. I was merely asking a question. You can interpret it the way you want."
Back to top Go down
Jacques Clement
Adult
Adult
Jacques Clement

PostSubject: Re: Like Minded People (Madison & Jacques)   Like Minded People (Madison & Jacques) EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 1:49 pm

The girl was trying to be clever, and Jacques merely ignored her comment on invisible bodyguards. The Clements were good, but he doubted even his father could claim being invisible was something they'd managed to do. But, Jacques didn't need to point out that a decent bodyguard blended in with the scenery. The fact he had dismissed is earlier was another matter.

The question of why he told her made Jacques smile to himself. Simpleton. He thought to himself as he continued not to speak to her. The whole point was to tell her enough to get her to go away, because that's what most people wanted, information. Jacques could give her information, but never information of the useful variety. So his silence remained as she tried to out fox him.

"I'm not telling you who you are. Because if I did, you wouldn't like it." Jacques responded, not looking towards the witch because she was boring to him. Now, where had that book told him was the best shop to go in these places? The French boy had to rack his brains, this wasn't his usual place to come to at all, so familiarity was lacking for him.

Jacques had been trained to never role his eyes. It was one of the lowest forms of communication, after all, but this witch, well, he nearly used such a primitive form of communication with the way she was talking. Trying to be clever. Turning back to the witch, Jacques looked her up and down once more, a smirk touching his features.

"Listen, I don't care who you, I don't care what you're doing here. Leave me alone." Jacques told the witch, giving her a meaningful look before turning back to the shops. He made a mental note in that moment to stay away from whoever the girl was when he got to Hogwarts. She was attention seeking, and he didn't like that in the people he kept close.

~ Profile ~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Like Minded People (Madison & Jacques)   Like Minded People (Madison & Jacques) Empty

Back to top Go down

Like Minded People (Madison & Jacques)
Page 1 of 1