Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Look at these phtograhs ( One shot)
Wizard Books (OPEN) Emptyby Tessa Greene Today at 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Wizard Books (OPEN) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» Election Night (Tessa)
Wizard Books (OPEN) Emptyby Tessa Greene Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:38 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Wizard Books (OPEN) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
Wizard Books (OPEN) Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Wizard Books (OPEN)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Wizard Books (OPEN) Empty
PostSubject: Wizard Books (OPEN)   Wizard Books (OPEN) EmptySat Apr 18, 2015 6:10 pm

Alberi couldn't wait to be able to browse around some shop alone. The Hogwarts teacher which should be helping him was annoying. At least The boy managed to have a deal with the teacher that he'll go through the last store alone. The professor wasn't very found with the fact that the 11 year old did such things at such an age but gave in. And Alberi didn't care about that anyways. He was a child who treated others as children. And it would take a lot to get him out of such an act. He was, or at least treated himself, as a mastermind. And not a lot of people liked such people. And the teacher Alberi had the luck to be walking around with was one of them.

At last, Alberi was free to walk alone. It was just for an hour and a half but better than nothing. Walking inside the store, not forgetting to walk as if he was someone important, he examined what he needed. He ignored the offer for help by the store keeper and took out his letter. He managed to collect what he needed for a little more than fifteen minutes. Pity. He could have done better. Next year.

Next the boy began to search something for himself. He had a few gallons left, which should be enough for two, three books. Of course, he wasn't going to tell the teacher what he bought. The risk of them being taken away from him was too big. Happily, the wizards didn't have things such as cash resit. Meaning the boy may take what he wishes, as long as he hides it well. He looked around, looking for any good books. The first he found was about jinxing your enemies. This would come in handy, as he surely will have a lot of enemies. The second one was going to be something more informative, though. He continued to search.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Wizard Books (OPEN)   Wizard Books (OPEN) EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 8:44 am

"C'mon El, we don't mean to hurt your feelings-"

"Don't be irrational."

"Please, Ellie just sit-"

Ellie raised a hand to halt them, which they did and rolled her eyes at her overprotective, sweet but annoying brothers. They had noticed her pensieve staring as they were eating ice cream with their Aunt 'Marbella' (really it was their mother's older sister, Gabriella, who had once been disowned). Aunt Marbella looked so much like her sister, save for the bright eyes and the age being older on 'Ella'. Cassie knew it was Gabriella but accepted her for who she was now and was glad she was in her life far before the children were born. At the time before they noticed they were avidly chattering about the fun things they were going to do with their best friends. Taela, the sneaky little one, piped up saying: "What about Ellie?"

Ellie felt the eyes turn to her and then them consider it, and in a split decision of anxiety that was crippling her from being the center of attention she declared she was off to Flourish and Blotts for adventure books. She liked the ones with lots of pictures off far off lands. So she excused herself, not to the displeasure of Marbella, but her other brothers who felt they were the cause. Later she'd assure them that they weren't, but once they started calling out to her all eyes were on her and she felt the need to get away.

As she approached the closest aisle on jinxes and the sort she spotted a boy that looked just about her age also going through the books.

"Hello, have you any recommandations for another magic user? I've never read up on jinxes?" Studying wasn't Ellie's thing, but it wouldn't hurt to have some tricks up her hand. "Ellie." She introduced herself thrusting her hand out with a small, shy smile.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Wizard Books (OPEN)   Wizard Books (OPEN) EmptySun May 03, 2015 11:08 am

One thing that Alberi wasn't used to was talking to people. It was mostly because of the fact that people tended to avoid talking with him, especially after they find out that he is this child genius (or how he considers himself, at least) and even more when they learn that he was pretty cold to others. But the boy himself did not wish to communicate with other kids his age. No one was smart enough to even be considered a challenge by the kid and he didn't see a friendship as useful if there wasn't some kind of help from both sides. And as far as he knew, there wasn't much cases with such help, probably about 10%, though he believed it to be less. And the boy wasn't going to take risks, not in this situation anyways.

That was pretty much the reason why he was pretty surprised when a girl came up to him and asked him about any interesting books on jinxes. Perhaps she thought he was a year older from her or so. He was tall for his age and his constant neutral, almost death like expression he loved to wear might make people mistake him for someone older than he really is. So, of course, he used that to his own advantage. Before he began to talk, he quickly examined the girl. If he want so suddenly attacked with a question, he would have had more time but now he also needed to answer a question.

In about five seconds on which he only examined how she looked and what she was wearing (which can reveal much on one person's personality) he cleared his throat and began to speak.
"I don't really know any goods reads, at least for now. I've only just learned about being a wizard. " He stated. He might of told her about the book he had taken but it was too risky and might as well ruin his plan. And it was hard enough to steal a few gallons from his own safe without someone watching him. Examining through the book shelves, he swiftly took out one, looked at it a back and handed it over to her. "Perhaps this? " He offered. Just then he noticed that she had introduced herself. "Alberi" he said, weakening his lips slightly, just so they slightly curve up into a smile. At that moment he made the realisation that he would most likely be stuck with a load of kids for seven years and it would be preferable to have one person he could call a friend, at least for now. So he went on more friendly, as much as he could. "Have you taken your subject books for the year yet?" He asked.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Wizard Books (OPEN)   Wizard Books (OPEN) EmptyTue May 19, 2015 5:32 am

Ellie wasn't the best people reader because the majority of her interactions included her brothers and sister. She was closest with her sister between her siblings but they got along relatively well. Making friends didn't seem so hard, and she wasn't scared of any them, just nervous that she was going to mess up terribly and be known as a pariah. The fear of rejection was a poignant one, that was very true. She didn't like to draw conclusions about people, she was just looking to reach out to another person and make another friend, so while she waited for him to talk, she awkwardly rubbed the back of her neck and shifted her wait.

Then she stopped and moved her hands to her sides. She wouldn't let him see her so nervous! She was a Brennham wasn't she? She wasn't some lowborn cowardly lion, she was strong. She gave a broad grin and pushed her hair out of her face.

"Oh," she said before smiling, "then that makes two of us. I just found out I'm a witch too," she bit her lower lip, now she was worried she was coming off as too inept, "so I naturally thought the best I could do was to read up on the subject matter of being a magic user. Are you parents magical users too?" She took the book offered and read over teh summary proudly. It was a beginner's book and it was the most fitting for her.

"Thanks," she said sincerely before letting out a giggle at his smile, "you don't have to force it, y'know I can live without your discomfort." She told him honestly. "Not yet, it's why I'm here. What about you, Alberi?" She used his name to make sure she wasn't going to forget it.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Wizard Books (OPEN)   Wizard Books (OPEN) EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 7:45 am

Alberi carefully examined what movements she made. He had read much books over body language (and over any kind of theme, really) so he was well aware what one person did and how to hid himself what he movements he did. The girl began to rub her back. He supposed that she was nervous for something. Perhaps from him? He could be quiet frightening for some people, with the way he stared at people, emotionless and yet examining. He had been told that from some people who dared to talk but he never tried to change that part of him. He found no reason to do such things. He watched as she quickly shifted he hand away from her neck.

The boy nodded. He expected that he wouldn't be the only one who didn't know about him being magical as a kid. But he didn't expect to find another such person so quickly. He listened to what she explained. She has bit her lip at one time. This girl was pretty worried... At her question, he shook his head. "No, they're not. Both are unmagical... I believe it was called 'muggle' or a word near, if the professor who is accompanying me here explained correctly." He watched as she read the summery.

He frowned when she giggled. Did he say something funny? His name was weird for an English man, yes, but still... Her next sentence answered it. "Oh... I'm just not used to smiling." He shrugged it of as if it wasn't a big deal, mostly because it wasn't a bug deal for him. "Me? I just managed to get them. Now I was searching for some other books I could read so I can learn more about the Wizarding World. If you want, I could help you find yours? I'm going to guess that we all have the same subject books."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wizard Books (OPEN)   Wizard Books (OPEN) Empty

Back to top Go down

Wizard Books (OPEN)
Page 1 of 1