Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Look at these phtograhs ( One shot)
You as a Witch/Wizard in Hogwarts Emptyby Tessa Greene Today at 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
You as a Witch/Wizard in Hogwarts Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» Election Night (Tessa)
You as a Witch/Wizard in Hogwarts Emptyby Tessa Greene Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:38 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
You as a Witch/Wizard in Hogwarts Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
You as a Witch/Wizard in Hogwarts Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

You as a Witch/Wizard in Hogwarts

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

You as a Witch/Wizard in Hogwarts Empty
PostSubject: You as a Witch/Wizard in Hogwarts   You as a Witch/Wizard in Hogwarts EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 8:57 am

To go with Mel's thread for your patronus and animagus, here's a questionnaire for your witch/wizard/[what is the gender-neutral term] self. You can choose to add detailed explanations if you want. Have fun answering <3

Code:
[b]Name:[/b]

[b]Blood Status:[/b]

[b](Optional) School you'd go to if not Hogwarts:[/b]

[b]Hogwarts House:[/b]

[b]What pet would you own?:[/b]

[b]Your wand?:[/b]

[b]Favourite Hogwarts Classes:[/b]

[b]Least Favourite Classes:[/b]

[b]Extra-curriculars:[/b]

[b]Things you are most likely to do in Hogwarts:[/b]

[b]Job after Hogwarts:[/b]
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: You as a Witch/Wizard in Hogwarts   You as a Witch/Wizard in Hogwarts EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 9:27 am

Is it bad that I've actually thought about all this at one point or another in extreme detail? Annika (a close friend of mine) and I have literally sat up till... wayyyy past the time we should've gone to bed... making an AU about what we'd be like in Hogwarts. Yea. It was.. a tiring day the next day at work.

Name: Melanie

Blood Status: Okay, so, I'd be a halfblood, with my mum being a half-blood as well, and my dad being a muggle. Obviously, they're also divorced in this AU, and I move to live with my mum in the wizarding world, visiting my dad in the muggle world occasionally.

I also still love and use technology, naturally.

(Optional) School you'd go to if not Hogwarts: No clue. xD

Hogwarts House: Okay, so, I'd be a hat stall between Hufflepuff and Gryffindor, but in the end, I'm placed in Hufflepuff mostly because while part of me loves the idea of red and gold, I value loyalty more than courage.

What pet would you own?: A Northern Saw Swet owl that I'd name Floof.

Your wand?: According to pottermore (which I agree with, actually) I'd have a Sycamore wood, unicorn hair, 10 3/4 inch wand.

Favourite Hogwarts Classes: DADA, Charms, anything practical and not theory.

Least Favourite Classes: Potions, History of Magic, and anything theoretical and not to do with hands on magic. xD

Extra-curriculars: Quidditch, for sure, and stuff to do with writing. So, if there are like, creative writing clubs, count me in. xD

Things you are most likely to do in Hogwarts: Get in trouble - a lot - for not doing homework. Make friends, obviously? Eat a lot. Get in more trouble for incomplete homework, being tardy, losing stuff, forgetting to bring the requirements, accidentally letting Floof loose in the school building... You know, the same things I get in trouble for now. xD (Yay ADHD)

Job after Hogwarts: No clue. Probably author; the same as what I want to do now? Being an auror is enticing, that's for sure, but like... I'm not sure if it's practical? Yea, no, that's not a good idea. Me as an auror = terror for all. xD
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: You as a Witch/Wizard in Hogwarts   You as a Witch/Wizard in Hogwarts EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 10:56 am

Like Mel, I'm guilty of discussing this in detail with my friends. We even have 'Hogwarts memories' and stuff like that, because we're obsessed with making AU versions of ourselves. We're not narcissistic at all don't judge. Anyway, here's mine <3

Name: Lor

Blood Status: Pureblood, but we're like the Weasleys — like Sabrina Caro here (and the Cassans), I come from prestigious families, but because of disowning histories blah blah blah, it's not like we're swimming in money, trust fund accounts and snobbery. Razz

School you'd go to if not Hogwarts: Beauxbatons. They seem more art-friendly than Hogwarts. *shrugs*

Hogwarts House: Slytherin. I was a Slytherin/Ravenclaw Hatstall, but the Sorting Hat eventually chose Slytherin for me because of my ridiculously competitive and ambitious side.

What pet would you own?: A male black cat named 'Salem' Razz (10 points to you if you get the reference)

Your wand?: According to Pottermore, my wand is Sycamore, dragon heartstring, 12 1/2 inches... and while I agree with that, I think Sabrina's wand could also work for me (maple, veela hair (her grandmother's), 11 inches. My grandmother certainly attracted a lot of men back in the day, and let's be real, minus some qualities, Sabrina is my self-insert / wish fulfillment charrie. Razz

Favourite Hogwarts Classes: Charms, Ancient Runes, Astronomy, possibly DADA? I mean, I do enjoy martial arts IRL.

Least Favourite Classes: Potions because I cannot follow instructions AT ALL, Arithmancy because it has numbers, History of Magic, Divination because I hate not being in control of my future

Extra-curriculars: Quidditch, possibly? I'd probably play as a Chaser for a few years, but I'd quit eventually to focus on music, dance, art, or some other new hobby that I discovered just because I cannot stay in one club for a long time. I'd definitely be in a creative writing club, though, and if Hogwarts does decide to allow plays again, I'll be first in line in the auditions. xD I mean, I have mentioned in another questionnaire that I'm a lazy and easily distracted overachiever. I just want to be able to try EVERYTHING.

Things you are most likely to do in Hogwarts: Okay, so let's put this in bullet points so that it doesn't look as nasty as my extra-curriculars answer:
~ Get in trouble for trying to go to the Forbidden Forest
~ Get in trouble for staying out late with my boy/girlfriend or something
~ Get in trouble for entering the Shrieking Shack
~ Maybe not get in trouble because I'm actually pretty good at not getting caught
~ Get scolded by my professors for forgetting requirements, not doing my homework, and not revising for exams
~ Get praised by my professors for random bursts of hard work
~ Have 1000 crushes (during my earlier years at least)
~ Sneak in some Firewhisky
~ Hog the music/dance/art room and make enemies because of my competitiveness
~ Pick a fight with anyone who insults/bullies my friends
~ Come to the Great Hall too early because I want to hoard food
~ Sneak into the kitchens
~ Pretty much be that one kid who you know will never become a Prefect, but is still a leader figure of sorts

Job after Hogwarts: Well, if I do turn out to be a part-Veela, I'd capitalise on that and get a modelling job in the muggle world while working as a part-time Curse Breaker. *shrugs* But yeah since I'm considering either a career in archaeology or costume design (I LOVE PERIOD PIECES) IRL, I'd most likely become a Curse Breaker and be the Lara Croft of the wizarding world. If I don't grow up as brave as Lara Croft, though, maybe I'll just work hard to be the Chanel of the wizarding world. Razz Either way, it's got to be something fun, fulfilling and with room for creativity.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: You as a Witch/Wizard in Hogwarts   You as a Witch/Wizard in Hogwarts EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 4:41 pm

Name: Kat

Blood Status: If I had to choose, I would probably be a Muggleborn Very Happy

(Optional) School you'd go to if not Hogwarts: Hogwarts for sure Very Happy

Hogwarts House: Hufflepuff definitely

What pet would you own?: Cat and would name it Ziggy

Your wand?: 10 inches, cherry, unicorn hair

Favourite Hogwarts Classes: Defense Against the Dark Arts

Least Favourite Classes: Probably Potions

Extra-curriculars: I'd try something new by playing some Quidditch Very Happy

Things you are most likely to do in Hogwarts: Read, definitely and hang out with the friends I had made

Job after Hogwarts: I would probably be a Professor, not sure on the subject but I love working with kids and love school so I would definitely want to go back and be able to share what I have learned over the years to students who may or may not know.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

Birthday : 1992-08-13
Job/hobbies : Auror & DADA Professor

PostSubject: Re: You as a Witch/Wizard in Hogwarts   You as a Witch/Wizard in Hogwarts EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 4:43 pm

Name: Jake

Blood Status: I wish I could say Pureblood, but I know I'm not quite refined enough for that. (Not to mention my dad works for the Royals, so I could never be put on the same height as them, heh). Therefore, I would say Halfblood, but we'd be from the kind of family that aspires to be as close to Purebloods as possible.

(Optional) School you'd go to if not Hogwarts: Hogwarts would always be my first choice, but I would love to go to Beaxbatons (for the girls) and also Durmstrang (for the masculinity). But, Hogwarts would be my first choice.

Hogwarts House: *glares at Mel and Lor first* Slytherin. BEFORE either of you say anything, I don't think Pottermore is right, whilst I'm intelligent, I am not a Ravenclaw. So, please don't tell me otherwise! :P

I just redid the test, and it insists on putting me in Ravenclaw. *growls* I honestly don't see myself in this house, and I don't understand Pottermore keep putting me in there. *shrugs*

In all honesty, though, I don't think I belong in any of the four houses, because I don't really fit in any of the traits of each house. I'm just Jake, and you're not defined by a house.

What pet would you own?: Tbh, I don't like the upkeep of animals, so I think I would be one of the kids that didn't bring one to Hogwarts.

Your wand?: Redwood wood with a dragon heartstring core, 12 ½" and supple flexibility - according to Pottermore.

Favourite Hogwarts Classes:
~ Flying Lesson
~ Defence Against the Dark Arts
~ Potions
~ Arithmancy

Least Favourite Classes:
~ Care of Magical Creatures
~ Divination
~ Astronomy

Extra-curriculars:
~ Definitely be on the Quidditch Team

... I am so boring... I literally don't think I would join anything else.

Things you are most likely to do in Hogwarts:
*Takes a deep breath* Okay, so I'm doing this from the point of view of me back when I was in school. This is not going to be pleasant, but you guys know the Jake I am now.

~ Fall hard for the pretty girls who spoke to me once without realising I'd done so, and not understand why it hurt so much when they never spoke to me again.
~ Be the awkward one who believed they were part of a good group of friends, but really, I'm just the one to make up numbers that no one cares for.
~ Be the sporty one in the group, and not be understood by any of my friends.
~ Work hard at Quidditch, likely become Quidditch captain / achieve some award in Quidditch cus I'm a complete kiss ass to the person in charge of it.
~ Make sure all my homework is done to my best capability for every lesson, swatting up to the teachers by doing extra work / asking the right questions that give rise to a meaningful discussion.
~ Find myself alone most evenings, in my dormitory, trying to work out what to do with my life.
~ Get caught up in the whole 'how have you not had sex yet?' saga, and get in to a relationship of convenience to prove I'm not weird.
~ Probably get a prefect badge for all the sucking up in class.
~ Miss out on the Head Boy badge by a vote on popularity I could never win.
~ Despite being classed as 'one of the more intelligent' people in the year, I'd achieve only a few Outstanding, and the rest Exceeds Expectations and feel rather worthless in myself.

Job after Hogwarts:
Probably an office job at the Ministry somewhere. Working my way up. I'm not sure which department, so... yeah, I really haven't thought about this xD

~ Auror ~ Profile ~ DADA Professor ~
~ In a Relationship ~ 36 ~ Father ~ 6' ~ American Accent ~
You as a Witch/Wizard in Hogwarts Rsz_1j10
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsandbeyond.forumotion.co.uk
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: You as a Witch/Wizard in Hogwarts   You as a Witch/Wizard in Hogwarts EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 6:17 pm

Name: Eve

Blood Status: I'd have to say Pureblood, but I'd probably be like Draco after the Half Blood Prince, where the abuse is real. We'd probably be of high class and I would be forced to act all 'proper' and shit. Idiot Purebloods ugh!

(Optional) School you'd go to if not Hogwarts: Beauxbatons

Hogwarts House: Ravenclaw. Definitely. And don't get me started at how displeased my family would be that I did not make it into Slytherin.

What pet would you own?: A black kitty and I would name her Hela (after the female Goddess of death from Norse Mythology)

Your wand?: Vine, Phoenix Feather, 10 1/2"

* Potions
* Astronomy
* Alchemy
* Divination
* COMC

Least Favourite Classes:

* Herbology
* Muggle Studies

Extra-curriculars:

Just a bit of Quidditch. Need to stay in shape!

* The Library OH MERLIN YES
* Play Quidditch
* Play Magical Chess
* Read as many books as I can
* Attend as many lessons as possible
* Wander around
* Attend a couple of parties
* Make the boys fall for me without meaning to (Rarely happens)
* Have a crush on so many people

And so much more!

Job after Hogwarts: Dragon Trainer. Or Alchemy Professor. Or something at the Ministry.
Can't decided which suits me better.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: You as a Witch/Wizard in Hogwarts   You as a Witch/Wizard in Hogwarts EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 6:32 pm

Name: Haylen

Blood Status: I'd probably be a muggleborn. My parents would be like, "Yer a wizard? What the h*ll is that supposed to mean?"

(Optional) School you'd go to if not Hogwarts: I'd likely go to Hogwarts, though maybe Koldovstoretz (It'd be really cool to travel to Russia, y'know?).

Hogwarts House: AGH. I identify as slytherin, so I'm going to say Slytherin. (but then again I also identify with Gryffindor and Hufflepuff).

What pet would you own?: Most likely a siamese cat...named Bubba.

Your wand?:Ebony wood, unicorn hair core, 9.5 inches.

COMC
Muggle Studies
DADA
Astronomy

Least Favourite Classes:
Probably just potions or anything that remotely seems like muggle science. I am so bad at anything that is remotely like science that I would blow up the school!

Extra-curriculars:
Anything arts or writing related. If there is not one already I would probably be that witch who tries to establish a theatre program within the school.

-Read
-Write
-Explore (i would run WILD)
-Do anything I possibly can because 7 years is just too short.

Job after Hogwarts:
I'd most likely be a teacher at Hogwarts, maybe muggle studies?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You as a Witch/Wizard in Hogwarts   You as a Witch/Wizard in Hogwarts Empty

Back to top Go down

You as a Witch/Wizard in Hogwarts
Page 1 of 1