Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
I saw there were no oceans left (Victoria) - Page 2 Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
I saw there were no oceans left (Victoria) - Page 2 Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
I saw there were no oceans left (Victoria) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
I saw there were no oceans left (Victoria) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
I saw there were no oceans left (Victoria) - Page 2 Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

I saw there were no oceans left (Victoria)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

Birthday : 2013-08-13

I saw there were no oceans left (Victoria) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I saw there were no oceans left (Victoria)   I saw there were no oceans left (Victoria) - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2019 1:41 pm

With each paper Victoria passed him, indicating through the slight linger of her movements not to react, Jackson's own gaze to the documents grew more and more brief, the last only registering as something about an expense account in the heading. True to their game plan, the politician did not react, one way or the other, leaving his lawyer to barter for time and leverage. Kushner may try to enforce his forty eight hour rule but Jackson knew the mere fact that they were here... meant that they were willing to go higher than whatever the price was.

This was the starting price, and like any true American, it would not go unbargained.

The rest of the pleasantries were exchanged mechanically. Jared asking after Tessa just as Jackson had asked after Ivanka. A mutual word on the forty fifth president's current well being, a snide remark on the current way the all blue government was run and then a goodbye with a polite nod to Victoria from all the suits. The Goblin waited exactly two seconds from when the door closed before rounding on him as if he'd committed a personal offense.

"I don't care how much money they are offering us, please tell me you're not considering their offer?"

"I don't even know what they'e offering Vic," he tried to defend himself. "I didn't learn to speed read at school like you, remember?" The joke didn't work, the tiny witch was still staring at him with lips pursed. The duo remained silent until they were sure the office was theirs again before he spoke.

"Could you please get my suit, I better change now before the other meetings hit. We've lost our buffer time."

Non too happy about it, the brunette walked towards the door, opening it to reveal Maggie's blonde head bobbing into view on the other side. "Oh good, you guys are free. The chemist's coalition reps are coming in fifteen minutes and then we have people from the FDA scheduled in an hour and a half."

"Good, good," the man muttered distracted, "Could you clear the boardroom for us, I have to change."

"Sure," Maggie responded just as a cross between a screech and a yell came from Sloan's desk. The inaccurate numbers had somehow reached the young woman too.

"This is why I need a better system," Sloan complained, typing furiously while Maggie simply waited at the doorway, for what exactly, Jackson couldn't say. All he knew was that the blonde was there long enough for Victoria to have returned with his suit.

"Come on Mags, chop chop, we need the room cleared."

"Umm... were you going to vacate... or should I just..?"

"Oh right, nevermore I'll use Victoria's office," the man hurriedly amended, seeing himself out the door and walking with the lawyer back to her tiny cubicle. It was difficult to pretend not to hear Sloan's complaints but for now, he managed.

The door to Victoria's office closed with a firm snap, making Jackson shrug out of his jean jacket."Now, can you please tell me what was the offer?" As he did so, the man began undoing he buttons of his shirt, multi tasking as he went. by the time she head reached his own perks as a member of the advisory board, Jackson was already undoing his belt and slipping out of his trousers.

"Two million, are you serious?" Jackson froze for a moment, trousers in hand as he stood in his boxers, waiting for Victoria to pass him a new pair. When she did, he dazedly took it before continuing to dress himself. "Did yous say benefits include a private jet?"

At which point, the witch countered his question with the number of people who were dead, making him sobering up some. By the time he was doing the final buttons of his crisp white shirt, Jackson had a better picture of what was on the table in exchange for killing HR 420.

"I don't know kiddo, that's a lot of money. Too much to just, not even think about." Two million was more than Jackson's past generations would have ever seen over their lifetimes. He doubted Merida even know how many zeroes there were in a million, she had never had a reason to find out. Victoria opened her mouth to object but was interrupted by a knock on the door.

"Are you guys done, the chemists are almost here."

"Two minutes Mac," Jackson called out before looking hopelessly at his tie. Victoria sighed and moved closer, taking pity on the politician and pulling it taut around his collar. In two minutes exactly, Mac barged in through the door to see Victoria making the final adjustments. Both women assisted him into his suit jacket and a further minute later, Jackson Blake emerged a new man.

Ready to face the rest of the day.

And the discussion with his princess he knew was far from over.

Back to top Go down

I saw there were no oceans left (Victoria)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2