Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Valentine's Day (Nerisei) Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Valentine's Day (Nerisei) Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Valentine's Day (Nerisei) Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Valentine's Day (Nerisei) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Valentine's Day (Nerisei) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Valentine's Day (Nerisei)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Valentine's Day (Nerisei) Empty
PostSubject: Valentine's Day (Nerisei)   Valentine's Day (Nerisei) EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 10:26 am

14 February 2024

After Nerisei had agreed to spend the day with him on Valentine’s Day, Dimitri had been quite happy. They were both single, and neither of them -- or, at least on Dimitri’s side -- hadn’t been asked on a date for the day. They might as well spend the day together, have fun, and enjoy the time in Hogsmeade that the school was offering.

Nerisei seemed to be accepting of his ‘just as friends’ mannerism for the day, so he didn’t think there was going to be a problem.

Of course, though, Nerisei had been right. When he’d told his friends he would be spending the day with Nerisei, the jibes had started. Suggestions they were going to make it official, or something, in the coming days, or, as Phil loved to put it, Dimitri had finally found it in himself to get some. Dimitri took it with a pinch of salt, though, like Nerisei and he had said, they knew what today was about, and they didn’t have to answer to anyone on the subject.

The previous evening, Dimitri had agreed to meet Nerisei in the common room at ten so that they could get a headstart on all the lovers who would likely be entangled until a little bit later in the day.

What they would end up doing was yet to be seen, but Dimitri had pulled a suit jacket on over his shirt and jean combination. After styling his hair, and putting on his usual cologne, he’d returned to his room to collect the rose that he’d bought the previous day from one of the other students who was making the most out of the holiday season.

Too far? Probably. But it was Valentine’s Day, and even if they weren’t romantically involved, it didn’t mean Dimitri couldn’t treat her like all the other girls were being treated that day. It didn’t mean he couldn’t make her smile.

Waiting in the common room, Dimitri kept looking up at the smallest of sounds, almost getting to his feet each time, but it was only the fire crackling, or one of the many cats in the castle moving around.

It wouldn’t be long now...

https://static.gigwise.com/gallery/4369029_01-brendon-patd-justinetrickett-4423.jpg
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Valentine's Day (Nerisei)   Valentine's Day (Nerisei) EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 10:27 am

Valentine’s Day was just a night away, and Nerisei wasn’t just nervous. She was literally shaking. The girl in her dorm had asked her if anyone had asked her, and Nerisei truthfully answered that Dimitri had asked to spend the day with her, as friends. Which was the truth. But the looks the witch received from the girls made her uneasy. Anne had insisted that Nerisei was finally turning into a woman, while the other girls couldn’t believe that this relationship was just a friendship. But she had told Dimitri that it didn’t matter what the others thought. And that was the truth. Nerisei knew that they were going as friends, and this is all that mattered.

The night of the 13th, all the girls in the dorm were going nuts. Picking outfits, making sure everything was ready… Nerisei was surprised they were able to get enough sleep. She had made sure to pick out a nice dress, because she was definitely not going to look for one in the morning. She would never leave her room!

But even if she had prepared everything, she still wasn’t sure about tomorrow. And not because she didn’t want to be with Dimitri. But because.. She wanted to look beautiful enough for him.

Her feelings were surfacing again, and she was trying hard to suppress them. She wouldn’t make a move that was for sure, but she still cared enough to look her best. She wanted his attention to be on her. It was selfish, but… at least for a day, she wanted to pretend. A part of her wanted to pretend this was a date. Shaking her head, the witch fell asleep, mentally preparing herself for tomorrow.

The Ravenclaw witch had woken up earlier than the  other girls. That was what she had agreed on with Dimitri. Leaving a bit earlier would give them the advantage of some peace, before all the couples drowned them with their PDA.

After she had a shower, Neri got dressed in the red dress she had picked for the day. Her wand was used to dry her hair, and she decided to leave it curly, natural. As for makeup, she went this something simple, but made sure to use a red lipstick. It was Valentine’s Day, after all. Spritzing some of her coconut perfume, Neri grabbed her purse and her heels and softly exited the room,

As she descended the stairs from the dorms, heels in hand, since she didn’t want to make too much noise, Neri’s thoughts wandered. Her heart was beating so fast. She didn’t know what to expect, really, but as the Common Room came into view, Neri literally stopped breathing. Dimitri was dressed in all black, looking… well, sexy as hell. Leaning against the wall for support, Neri took some time to calm her beating heart. She was shivering, yet she wasn’t cold. A simple warming spell would suffice for today.

“Morning, Mitri.”

But she didn’t make a move to walk over to him. Her legs felt like jelly, and she knew that if she took a step, she would probably fall. Oh God, how did she always end up so helpless with him?
“You look handsome.”

The witch managed to say, offering him a smile. Her cheeks were already burning, and she knew that this was just the start.

Outfit
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Valentine's Day (Nerisei)   Valentine's Day (Nerisei) EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 10:27 am

As the sound of footsteps finally met his ears, Dimitri stood from his seat, putting the rose behind his back so she wouldn’t see the surprise he’d gotten for Nerisei. After a few moments, the witch in question emerged and Dimitri couldn’t help but look completely knocked over by her attire. Beautiful wouldn’t have cut a good enough description to describe the witch before him in that moment, and for a few moments, Dimitri was rendered speechless as he took the witch in.

“Morning, Mitri.”

“G-” Dimitri started, his voice coming out as something of a squeak. “Good morning, Nerisei.” He corrected, voice back to normal as he moved across to the witch who complimented him on looking handsome that morning.

“But, I don’t look nearly half as good as you do. You look… beautiful!” Dimitri told her, before remembering the gift he’d gotten her.

“Oh!” He said, bringing the rose out from behind his back. “Happy Valentine’s Day, I know you asked me not to spend money on today, but I bought it yesterday, and I didn’t think you should miss out on the tradition of the day.” Dimitri explained, waiting for her to take the rose from him before his hands dropped back down to his side.

“Are you ready?” He asked, not wanting to push her, but standing in the Common Room had not been their plan, and Dimitri needed an excuse to not keeping looking at Nerisei in that dress for extended periods.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Valentine's Day (Nerisei)   Valentine's Day (Nerisei) EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 10:28 am

As Dimitri greeted her, Nerisei couldn’t hide the smile that touched her lips. He was handsome, sweet… a true gentleman. But not even words could describe what she felt at that moment. Was she nervous? Yup. Was she excited? Hell yes! But she had to get everything under control. And she was going to, but then, Dimitri decided to compliment her. Her cheeks were on fire, and frankly, so was the rest of her. She was going to say something, but Dimitri did the unexpected, and before she had time to say anything, the wizard brought a rose from behind his back.
Nerisei almost choked.

“Happy Valentine’s Day, I know you asked me not to spend money on today, but I bought it yesterday, and I didn’t think you should miss out on the tradition of the day.”

This is a dream, there’s no other explanation, the Ravenclaw witch thought as she hesitantly extended her hand to take the beautiful rose in her hand. A single rose, nothing too crazy, and Neri wouldn’t have it any other way. But, a part of her was sad. Was he pitying her? That’s why he was treating her this way? She didn’t know. But she certainly hoped that was not the case.

“Thank you…” Nerisei mumbled softly, leaning in to place a small kiss on his cheek.
Then, the question on whether she was ready came and Neri giggled, raising her heels in his face. “Just give me a moment to put them on,” she said, and softly pushed past him to sit on the loveseat. After her shoes were on, Nerisei stood up, fixing her dress, before walking over to Dimitri once again. “Ready. But, where are you taking me today, Lord Moreau?”
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Valentine's Day (Nerisei)   Valentine's Day (Nerisei) EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 10:28 am

The soft kiss on his cheek brought a smile to Dimitri’s lips, and as the witch whispered a soft thank you, Dimitri replied softly. “You’re welcome, Nerisei.” There wasn’t anything more to say on the matter, so Dimitri left it as Nerisei moved to put her shoes on. Heels, no less, which would make the witch taller than she was, almost as tall as him, perhaps, but not quite.

Dimitri waited patiently for her to put them on, looking around the common room as he waited so as not to focus on how beautiful the witch he was spending the day with looked that day.

But, distractions only lasted so long.

Soon Nerisei was back before him, and Dimitri took on board her question.

“Well, I thought we could walk down to Hogsmeade together,” Dimitri started, tentatively offering Nerisei his arm so that they could start walking down towards the village. “And then we’d go in to Honeydukes, and pick out some sweets to have whilst we walk. We can just peruse the shops, pick up anything we might need. Then, if you’d like, we can head in to the Three Broomsticks and get some lunch.

“After that, it’s up to you whether we come back to the castle and relax, or if we find something in Hogsmeade to do. I really don’t mind.” Dimitri finalised as they moved down through the castle together. “We’ll… just see how the day goes, yeah?” He suggested with a little bit more certainty. If either of them wanted to call it quits, they could, after all, there was no point in spending time together if they weren’t enjoying it.

“So, tell me, what’s your favourite sweet from Honeydukes?” Dimitri asked. This was important information for their first stop, after all.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Nerisei had taken Dimitri’s arm happily, and they slowly descended the floors, whilst Dimitri explained the plan he had for today. Walking to Hogsmeade together was fine by Nerisei. The more time they spent together, the better. It was a great opportunity for her to learn more about him. Simple things, like his favorite colour, or what he likes to drink with his friends. Any information would be useful to help them bond. After all, she was his friend and she wanted to be able to cheer him up, if he ever needed it.

Then there was the mention of Lunch at the Three Broomsticks, and Nerisei felt somewhat nervous. Yes, she had told Dimitri that people’s opinion didn’t matter, and it truly didn’t, but Lunch together? At the most popular place in Hogsmeade? The Ravenclaw witch had no idea what Dimitri was trying to do, but she let it drop for now. After all, what could she say? No? She wasn’t fond of the idea of declining anything he offered today. She was thankful she had him by her side in the first place.

“We’ll… just see how the day goes, yeah?”

“Mmhm.” The witch agreed, biting her lip softly. As they walked together, Nerisei took the time to look at him once again. His outfit hugged his body perfectly, and made him look… like a bad boy, yet, really sophisticated. Nonetheless, he looked amazing, and it was impossible for someone to disagree with that. How had she managed to be so lucky? Dimitri was the perfect date. Any girl would be begging to be in her place right now, yet, here she was. Her. Not some other girl.

“So, tell me, what’s your favourite sweet from Honeydukes?”

“Sugared Butterfly Wings,” Nerisei answered with no hesitation. They were simply divine, and she couldn’t wait to get some. It had been a while since she had last visited Honeydukes.
“What’s yours?” Nerisei bet on Toffees. After all, that was what most people liked. But it was not on her favorites list.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Valentine's Day (Nerisei)   Valentine's Day (Nerisei) EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 10:29 am

As Nerisei took his arm, Dimitri smiled across at her. After all, they might as well enjoy the day in every capacity except the romantic aspect. And, if it made Nerisei happy to walk arm in arm, Dimitri was happy to oblige her.

The witch’s answer of her favourite sweet was one Dimitri wouldn’t have placed on Nerisei. Sugared Butterfly Wings… who’d have thought. But he noted it down, knowing that this information would be useful when it came to her birthday -- which, Dimitri noted, he needed to find out when that was, too.

The question was returned, as these things often were, and Dimitri let out a soft chuckle. “I know this might sound really weird, and possibly a little bit mainstream, but I actually really like Bertie Botts Every Flavoured Beans. Not for the taste, because, as I’m sure you know, you literally don’t have a clue what you’re about to eat. But, I love the Beans because they’re… a mini adventure each time. That not knowing is like… not an adrenaline rush, but, you know, it’s exciting. I normally keep a box for when we have our little get togethers in the dorm, then we have a great time seeing who gets the most disgusting sweets, and who throws up first.

“Which… in hindsight, is not a very… classy thing to do.” Dimitri said, laughing a little bit. He might be a Pureblood, but he wasn’t up tight. He knew how to have fun. “But, if we’re talking about eating sweets to satisfy hunger, or to enjoy, then it would be the Exploding Bonbons.” Dimitri explained. “And, that was probably a hugely extensive answer which you probably didn’t want…”

A nervous laugh left Dimitri’s lips in that moment, not wanting to bore Nerisei with his sweet taste.

“When’s your birthday?” Dimitri asked after a few moments. “I know I should know these things, and I’m sorry it’s taken me so long to actually ask you…” He apologised softly.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Valentine's Day (Nerisei)   Valentine's Day (Nerisei) EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 10:29 am

As the question was turned back at him, Nerisei did, in fact, expect a small and simple answer. After all, how complicated would a question like that be?

But as DImitri started talking, Neri’s eyes widened softly. It seemed like she had found the only person that would make such a simple question sound so complicated. It wasn’t that she minded, on the contrary, really. It was just unexpected to see him so… passionate over… sweets.

But she could see that it wasn’t just the sweets. Behind the little things, were bigger parts of our personality. And for Dimitri, it seemed that he was one of the boys that liked adventure. He likes not knowing what tomorrow could bring, and he liked to live every moment to the fullest. For a Pureblood, he wasn’t that closed off and uptight. He was a young man who liked to have fun. Who enjoyed life. And who could do both, it seemed. Being a Pureblood, and being fun..

“And, that was probably a hugely extensive answer which you probably didn’t want…”

Nerisei allowed a giggle to escape her lips. Dimitri was adorable, truly. She loved the passion that came out of him every time he spoke of something he liked, though. He should never apologise for being honest and expressive. Nerisei still found it really hard to express herself sometimes. Things were always… complicated.

“Oh no, please. I like learning more about you. I want to know.”

But then, the question about when her birthday was came, along with a sincere apology for not knowing that information. Nerisei wasn’t mad at him. Truthfully, she had known that his birthday was about a week ago, on February the second, but she was too scared to go wish him Happy Birthday. Though, a small present was sent to him, anonymously, of course. A Potions book. Hoping that it would help him during the difficult times of the year, when a Potions Essay became too much to handle. But she wasn’t mad, or offended that he didn’t know hers. After all, how could he?  They had never spent that much time together before, and she certainly wasn’t a Pureblood Princess of some famous Pureblood family. She was just a Muggleborn. A shadow.

“It’s on the seventh of November.” Nerisei answered, and before she had time to think what she was saying, she continued. “I already know yours was last week, hence the-”

But she cut herself off, eyes widening as understood what she had just done. Dimitri was not stupid, and she had just told him she knew about his birthday. And well, a Potions book, from someone unknown? He would figure it out sooner or later.

“Shit..,” The witch mumbled under her breath. She messed up. Again.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

The insistence it was okay to talk about things at length made Dimitri relax slightly as they entered the grounds. He didn’t wish to bore Nerisei, but she liked the information he had given, so perhaps he hadn’t completely messed up that line of conversation.

“Still, if I ever get boring, do tell me to shut up.” Dimitri said with a soft laugh, hoping to play it off as cool in that moment.

“The seventh of November… I’ve missed it.” Dimitri grimaced, shaking his head slightly. “Sorry. I’ll make it up to you on your next birthday with double presents, I promise!” He insisted, before Nerisei continued on, saying how she knew when his birthday was.

As she cut off, Dimitri looked across at her curiously…

“It was you.” He said with a smile breaking across his features. “The Potions book that arrived with no tag on it, that was you?” He asked, raising his eyebrow for her to confirm it in that moment. “Thanks! You know that’s had be stumped? Trying to work out who it was from. I mean, I assumed it was from my parents, or perhaps my sister. I didn’t…

“Thank you. It was a really thoughtful gift.” Dimitri corrected himself after a few moments, because he realised he was sounding most ungrateful in that moment. “You didn’t have to, but I did appreciate it.”

For a few moments, Dimitri walked in silence, reeling at the fact he had not worked that out when he’d opened it. He’d put it on his bedside with the rest of his books though, writing it off as a boring gift from his parents before moving on to something much more interesting, but he’d been so wrong in that moment, and he was going to have to come up with something good to give back to the witch when he was picking something out for her.

“Your turn, to ask a question, I think.” Dimitri said, throwing the control in to Nerisei’s court so that she didn’t have to be subjected to only his questions.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Valentine's Day (Nerisei)   Valentine's Day (Nerisei) EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 10:30 am

As Dimitri was realising that it was indeed her who had sent him the Potions book, Neri kept her eyes on him, trying to figure out whether he was happy or annoyed. Was her present not enough? Would he find it useful? Nerisei didn't know. A smile had touched his lips though and Nerisei allowed herself to breath once again as he thanked her about the gift. It wasn't something special and she didn't exactly know what else he could possibly need. So she opted for something neutral.

Though as Dimitri kept talking, Neri had the feeling that he didn't like her gift. A wave of sadness took over her but Dimitri made sure to tell her how much he appreciated. Neri felt kind of better. Especially at the thought that on her next birthday, Dimitri had promised her something special. What she hoped though, was that they would still be friends until then. That he wouldn't disappear again.

Then Dimitri told her that it was her turn to ask a question, and Nerisei giggled. The awkwardness seemed to lift with every passing second and Nerisei was glad about it. She wanted to have fun, and he was making that possible. “What's your favorite color? “ It was a simple question, but if she didn't know the basic stuff, how could she go deeper?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Valentine's Day (Nerisei)   Valentine's Day (Nerisei) Empty

Back to top Go down

Valentine's Day (Nerisei)
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next