Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Valentine's Day (Nerisei) - Page 2 Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Yesterday at 4:02 pm

» Election Night (Tessa)
Valentine's Day (Nerisei) - Page 2 Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Valentine's Day (Nerisei) - Page 2 Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Valentine's Day (Nerisei) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Valentine's Day (Nerisei) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Valentine's Day (Nerisei)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Valentine's Day (Nerisei) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valentine's Day (Nerisei)   Valentine's Day (Nerisei) - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 10:30 am

The question that Nerisei had come back with was one that Dimitri hadn’t really been expecting. It was a simple question, one that, in Dimitri’s opinion, didn’t bear much weight on a person. Colour preferences were not an overly important thing to know, but he would succumb to Nerisei’s wish on this one.

“Well, the Moreau colours are red and white. But the red is quite a… bright red, I guess. I prefer the darker hues of red, verging on burgundy, but not quite there, you know?” Dimitri replied, once again not opting for an easy, boring answer, but going in to things a little more than just a simple one word answer. “And you? Please don’t say pink…”

The last was said in jest, if Nerisei’s favourite colour was pink, it was not going to change his opinion on her in the slightest.

“What’s your favourite season, and why?” Dimitri return as they grew closer to the school gates in their walk. This would be an interesting one, he was sure of that much.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Valentine's Day (Nerisei)   Valentine's Day (Nerisei) - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 10:31 am

The questions game that they had going on was one Nerisei was really enjoying. It was fun to be around Dimitri, but getting to know all the little details that made him who he is was even better. So far, she had learned what his favorite sweet was, and now, she heard talk about his favorite color. She didn’t expect it to be red, though, especially the darker hues of it. Dimitri surprised her more and more every day. He was unpredictable, that boy.

“Mine is purple. Every hue of it!” A small giggle escaped the girls lips. It wasn’t one of her ‘family colors’, but Nerisei had always liked purples. She had green eyes and every hue of purple complimented them. She just liked making them pop.

“What’s your favourite season, and why?”

“Ooo, that’s a good one!” Nerisei agreed with a small nod of her head. But was was her favourite season, really? She liked winter, she liked the snow, but that was pretty much it. Autumn, meh, too windy for her taste. And Jesus, certainly not Spring. All sorts of insects blossomed along with the flowers, and this was, probably, the worst season of the year for Nerisei. So that left… Summer.

“I guess I will have to go with Summer. Mostly because, well, it’s summer?” Nerisei chuckled at how childish she sounded. “I don’t.. . do swimming, you already know that. But, I do like tanning. And playing volleyball. And spending the nights at the beach. I don’t know. I think the starry nights are winning me over.”

It wasn’t a good enough explanation, but Nerisei hoped that it would suffice. “What’s yours?

But then, it was her turn to ask a question again. Thinking hard, Nerisei decided to ask something that would, hopefully, help Dimitri open up more.

“If a Genie granted you three wishes right now, what would you wish for?”
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Valentine's Day (Nerisei)   Valentine's Day (Nerisei) - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 10:31 am

“Purple…” Dimitri appraised the colour with a small nod. Purple was a good choice, from the softest of purples right through to the royal purple Dimitri couldn’t see a fault in that choice. Though, if purple was Nerisei’s favourite colour, he wondered why she’d chosen red as the colour of her outfit for the day.

Not, of course, that she couldn’t wear other colours. Dimitri was simply curious. But not enough to raise the question out loud to the witch and have her worry that he might not like her choice of clothes, because he most certainly did like them.

Finding Nerisei liked summer though brought a big smile to Dimitri’s features as he looked to her. “Snap!” He said happily. “Mostly because it’s warm enough to swim without a million charms to keep you warm, and… well, everyone just seems happier in the summer.” Dimitri explained, a little shorter than his other answers because if Nerisei liked the summer, she already knew the pros of the season.

“Three wishes from a Genie?” Dimitri echoed, frowning a little bit. “Aside from the fact they’re not real…” He mused, smiling at his own joke as he bought himself time to think of his answer. “Well, the first would definitely be that my sister, Ellie, would be happy and safe for her whole life.” Dimitri said without even thinking about it. The idea of his sister being married off to a Pureblood male who might not always be good to her was one that constantly worried Dimitri. But, she was only young, she had plenty of time to find the right suitor.

“Then, I would ensure that all of my friends got the happiness they deserve, in whatever manner that takes form. Wealth, love, security, anything that would ensure they were as happy as they could be.” Dimitri continued, before really thinking about the last point.

What about himself, what did he want..?

“And, finally, I’d wish for a laboratory, or… a room in which I could make things. But where time stood still inside the room, so that I could be gone for hours, and nobody would notice because things would just stop. Then, I’d have time to complete all the work I’ve started and never finished. Oh, and, of course, I would love there to be a piano in there too, so I can finish my song writing.”

It wasn’t the best list, but when you had the world at your fingertips, what more could you really want in life?

“What about you, what three things would you wish for?” Dimitri asked as they reached the edge of the village. It wasn’t busy yet, just the odd couple of people dotted around, which showed they had made the right decision in not waiting until later in the day to head to Hogwarts.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Dimitri’s favourite season was the Summer as well, it seemed, and that brought a smile to the witch’s lips. They had something in common, and that was one step further in their friendship. Nerisei knew, of course, that Dimitri mostly liked the Summer because of its weather, since swimming was what he loved. So being able to swim any time of the day would probably be pure bliss for the young wizard. But then, it was time for him to answer her next question, and Nerisei was really curious to hear what he had to say.

“Aside from the fact they’re not real…”

Neri wanted to roll her eyes. Of course they were not, but it was just a question!

“Well, the first would definitely be that my sister, Ellie, would be happy and safe for her whole life.”

Nerisei was surprised at that answer. She knew a lot about Dimitri, but how had she never heard about his sister? There was  a Moreau Princess in the castle and she had no idea? She was almost ready to ask him if he truly had a sister, but why would he say something like that if he didn’t? Nerisei’s brain was lagging, it seemed.

But even though she had no idea he had a sister, Dimitri seemed to love and care for her very much. And that was one of the most beautiful things she had ever seen. “I would love to meet your sister, sometime.” The witch said, but left it there. Nothing else needed to be added.

As the answer for the second wish left his lips, Nerisei nodded, more to herself than him. She didn’t strike him as someone who wouldn’t care about his friends. So, wishing for them to have anything they want in life, whether that was love, money, success…. It was nice to know that Dimitri had a pure heart. That he loved to make people happy. His friends, especially it seemed. And it was an honour to be his friend. But sometimes, being that good ended badly, and Neri didn’t want to see him hurt.

And his last wish was something for him. A personal need. A place to call his, where time stopped and he could work on anything he had in mind. Whether that was music or small projects  that Nerisei had known nothing about. With every passing second, it seemed that Neri didn’t truly know much about him. But she was learning. And she loved every minute of it.

“What about you, what three things would you wish for?”

Nerisei hadn’t thought about what she wanted, yet, as Dimitri asked her, a million things came to mind. But he wasn’t asking about everyday things. This was a question about our deeper wants. So Nerisei already had an answer for, at least, the first wish.

“Firstly, I would wish that there would be no blood discrimination. Purebloods would be equal to Halfbloods and to Muggleborns. It’s just blood. There shouldn’t be boundaries…”

It shouldn’t be impossible for me to be with you, the witch thought but never voiced it. No romantic moves, she kept reminding herself.

“Then, I would, too, wish for my friends to be happy. Anything they truly wished it, I’d want them to have it.”

But what would her third wish be ? What did she really want more? Neri, even if she was a Muggle, came from a very powerful and wealthy family. She didn’t need money, she didn’t need fame. No clothes or makeup. She just wanted… happiness. Love. A family of her own. A husband that loved and cherished her, and babies. She wanted to grow old, and die in the arms of her husband. She wanted a beautiful life.

A deep sigh left the girls lips. These were usually dreams that didn’t come true. Hope was all she had left, but deep inside of her, she knew that it wouldn’t be that way.

“My third wish would be for me to have a beautiful life. I want to become one of the best Potions Mistresses to ever exist, then marry and have a family. Have a husband who loves me and many, many children. That would make me happy.”

By the time she was done, they had already arrived at the village, that seemed to be quite empty still. It was the right choice to come earlier. “Are you ready to get some sweets, Lord Moreau?”

Last edited by Nerisei Volkova on Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:32 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

“I’m sure Ellie would love to meet you, too.” Dimitri replied to Nerisei’s wish to meet his sister. But he offered nothing else on that conversation. Ellie wasn’t a topic he really wished to discuss at the moment, but maybe another time they could think about it.

Dimitri was much more interested in finding out what Nerisei would wish for if she had the option to do so.

Nerisei’s first wish brought a smile to Dimitri’s lips. The unsaid part of her wish was something she didn’t have to say. He understood enough to know why she would think that that would change things. But, even if you took blood purity away from having any weight, other things would take their place.

After all, there would always be a hierarchy in the world. It was how it had worked for centuries, millenniums, and though the wish was trying to create something better, Dimitri knew that there was no such thing.

But, the Ravenclaw would not burst his friends bubble. It was her wish, the fact it would not solve very much in the long run was not something she needed to be told when she was just trying to have a hypothetical conversation.

Her second wish was much the same as his own, showing once more that they had something in common. They weren’t going to keep these hypothetical wishes to themselves, which showed a level of maturity. Other people would like have wished for wealth, love, and something else for themselves, but both of them had shown consideration for others.

Nerisei’s third witch was something that really showed him the kind of woman she wanted to be. Successful, in her own right, not dependant on a man to bring in an income. But, loved, cherished, and to make a family with the man she loved. “Many children?” Dimitri asked, because Merlin only knew how many ‘many’ was.

“And, I know you’re going to find all of that, one day.” Dimitri assured her, in respect of her third wish. Nerisei had so much going for her, it would be impossible for her not to end up happily married.

“Always ready for sweets!” Dimitri replied softly, getting the door for her as they approached, waiting for her to enter before following inside. “So, we need sugared butterfly wings for the lady, some exploding bonbons for me..” Dimitri listed, looking around at the shop strewn with heart shaped candies, and ‘love potion’ sweets, and much to much romantic gift sets around the shelves. Merlin knew why people found this so endearing, it was bordering on tacky!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Valentine's Day (Nerisei)   Valentine's Day (Nerisei) - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 10:32 am

“Many children?”

Nerisei couldn’t help the giggle that escaped her lips. She didn’t know whether Dimitri was shocked, surprised, or scared. But either of them would be understandable. After all, males weren’t really fond of the idea of marriage and children. But how many did Nerisei really want? Well, two were not enough for her for sure. Three? Maybe. But she could bet she would want more. Nerisei was an only child, and one of the things she wanted the most when she was younger, was siblings. “I guess I would say about five… I mean, you never know what’s going to happen in life, but I am aiming for around five of them. And I do not particularly want a specific gender.”

“And, I know you’re going to find all of that, one day.”

Even if he assured her of that much, Nerisei wasn’t really believing it. It was rare, nowadays, to find true love. Especially in the Wizarding World. Love was not a choice, but it seemed that people, especially Purebloods, didn’t get that. So, it wasn’t rare to find cases that marriage didn’t necessarily lead to love. Arranged marriages, for example. Marrying a stranger? Or a cousin? How did people even manage that? Nerisei wanted to believe that anything was possible, really, but life was unfair. She had learned that the hard way.

“Always ready for sweets!”

Nerisei giggled and thanked Dimitri, as he opened the door for her. He was such a gentleman, it was hard not to feel protected and beautiful when you were with him. It was the way he moved, he talked, that made you feel so special. Like a Princess. And if she ever told him that much, he would say it was just manners. They way all males of the Pureblood society are taught. But Nerisei knew it was much more than that. Because no matter what manners they had been taught, not all males treated a woman like that. It was Dimitri’s personality, his own want to act that way, that made you feel special.

As Dimitri listed what they would have, Nerisei took the time to look around the store. Of course it was decorated in pinks and reds, filled with heart and.. Well… anything that screamed ‘love’ from a mile away. Wanting to investigate a bit, Nerisei moved away from the wizard and scanned the shelves, one by one. The things these people had come up with where crazy.
Her eyes landed on some teddy bears by the corner with the words ‘I love you’ inscripted on them, and Nerisei’s cheeks reddened. No romance, Neri, she thought once again.
This day was going to be hard to deal with.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Valentine's Day (Nerisei)   Valentine's Day (Nerisei) - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 10:33 am

When Nerisei admitted to wanting five children, Dimitri’s eyes grew wide. Not because he was against children, or anything like that, but because most people usually said one or two, there was the occasional ‘three’, but Dimitri had never heard someone say they wished for five children. “You’ve almost got yourself a Quidditch team, there!” Dimitri said with a soft chuckle, showing that he wasn’t judging her choice in the slightest. “But, that sounds good. It’ll keep you on your toes, though, unless you’re fortunate enough to do it in… like, sets of twins, or one set of twins and the triplets.

“I hope whomever you marry can give you that, too. I know many people would find five a lot, so I do hope you find someone who will agree.” Dimitri said sincerely, because there would be nothing worse that Nerisei ending up disappointed in having to negotiate a middle ground of happiness with whomever she ended up with.

As they moved in to the shop, Dimitri simply followed Nerisei’s lead, following just behind her as she moved to the sweets decorated heavily with comments of love, hearts, and all manner of different things that Dimitri knew the normal people in the world would love to be buying for their significant other. Idly he wondered if his future wife -- likely someone who he would be in an arranged marriage with -- would expect him to shower her with presents with these sentiments on, or whether they would both agree that, until feelings sprung and took ahold of them, they would not force these things unnecessarily.

Dimitri’s eyes landed back on Nerisei, who’s attention had fallen on to the teddy bears which held signs that said ‘I love you’, or hearts. A fond smile touched his lips, but he didn’t pass comment on it. No, to offer to buy her one of those would give the wrong message, and Dimitri didn’t wish to cause the witch any pain.

“How about these?” Dimitri asked, motioning to a box of chocolates that were in the shape of hearts, but didn’t have any glaring ‘I love you’s on them. They weren’t overly romantic, and they would, at least, keep in the spirit of the day. “To share, I mean.” Dimitri said, making it clear he wasn’t buying her chocolates.

“Did you want anything else?” Dimitri asked after picking up the chocolates, allowing Nerisei to pick something herself, and not just simply accept what he was putting forward.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Valentine's Day (Nerisei)   Valentine's Day (Nerisei) - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 10:33 am

As Nerisei stood there, she couldn’t help but wonder. Would she ever receive presents like these? Every girl wondered about that, she believed, so her thoughts weren’t surreal, or something. Because no matter what she hoped, Dimitri could not be the person she would end up with. After all, he had told her quite clearly that he hadn’t seen her in that way, ever. So why would he do it now? Nerisei didn’t believe in love at first sight, but she did believe in attraction. And Dimitri was most certainly not attracted to her.

So that left a hole in her. Would anyone be attracted to her? Would he shower her with love and affection and make her feel beautiful and… loved? Make her feel like she belonged, as if this was the right thing to do. Her destiny. Or would she end up with someone that didn’t care? No. The witch preferred to stay alone forever, instead of being with someone that didn’t give a single care for her. She was not going to tie herself down with a man like that, even if it was an arranged marriage.

But Dimitri…

Nerisei knew well enough that Dimitri would treat his wife with the respect and love she deserved. He would never leave her needs unattended and he would always make sure a smile was gracing her features. Because this is what Dimitri did. He wanted to make the people he loved happy. And Nerisei didn’t have a single doubt that he would fail to do so. He was a charming, sweet young man, who could literally give you the stars, if you asked for them. All because he cared.

“How about these?”

Neri was shaken out of her thoughts, as Dimitri’s voice touched her ears. Her eyes found what he was looking at and Nerisei nodded. They would of course share the chocolate. And thankfully, even though it still looked too romantic, it wasn’t extreme. They wouldn’t be able to get away from all the hearts and flowers, that was for sure, but they could try to minimize the awkwardness. They were doing fine for now, weren’t they?

“That looks nice.” Neri agreed.

His question on whether she wanted something else was answered with a negative shake of her head.  She liked sweets but she didn’t eat too many of them. She was sure that by the time they reached the chocolates, she would be full already.

Nerisei, though, knew that Dimitri would want to pay. So, before he had the chance to do so, she opened her purse and left more than enough galleons on the counter. “You can keep the change!” The witch said with a smile, before grabbing her sugared butterfly wings.

“Don’t you dare start whining, just because I paid. I am warning you!” Nerisei said with a laugh. She loved that Dimitri wanted to make her feel special this day, but she would not have him spending his money for her. She just wanted his company. She had a lot of galleons to spare.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

With their shopping done, Dimitri was about to tell the man behind the counter to put it on the Moreau tab when Nerisei pulled out the Galleons to pay before he could argue, insisting the man keep the change before she picked up their goods and they started back towards the door. And, before Dimitri could even open his mouth to argue that she shouldn’t have done that, Nerisei was already telling him not to whine about it, before laughing to show that whilst she was serious about him not paying, she was not doing it in a mean manner.

“Fine, but the next shop I’m paying, no pulling the same stunt!” The Ravenclaw insisted, getting the door for the witch once more and allowing her to leave before him before following after, undoing his Exploding Bonbons and popping one in his mouth before offering the bag to Nerisei. “Would you like one?” He offered, smiling in her direction to show that it was okay to help herself to the sweets if she did want one.

“Okay, so my question -- well, i have two -- first of all, which shop would you like to go to next? I need to go to the stationers to get myself a new notepad, but that’s about all I need to get…” He explained, sucking on the bonbon softly and giving a small chuckle when the small explosions hit the top of his mouth.

“And, second question. Will you be going to university to study potions to a higher degree, or are you going to look in to an apprenticeship?” DImitri asked, curious to know which route she would believe to be more beneficial.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Neri knew very well that the Moreau heir wouldn’t allow her to pull the same stunt twice. But in all honesty, Nerisei didn’t want him to feel like he had to pay for her. He was already doing so much by accompanying her this day. Without him, she would probably be sulking in some dark corner of the castle, hoping no one sees her. Or well, hoping she wouldn’t have to see something her eyes weren’t prepared to see.

Though as the wizard insisted that the next stop would be his treat, Nerisei knew she didn’t have a choice, so she simply nodded with a small smile. He could pay for something. Once. And that was it.

“Would you like one?”

Neri smiled and took one, wanting to try them mostly, before offering her bag to him as well. As the explosions hit the top of her mouth, Nerisei gasped and giggled. The feeling was… incredible! In a good way! “Try the butterfly wings! You are going to love them, believe me. They are divine!”

Dimitri’s next question was an easy one. He was in need of some things, and Nerisei didn’t mind going with him at all. They had all day, and the more time she spent with him, the happier she was. “Well, we can go get the things you need, and then we could go to Madam Puddiffoot’s for tea?” The witch offered. It was way too early for lunch, so tea was the best option.

“Unless,” Nerisei said with a smirk. “You would like to go to the Shrieking Shack..?”

It was just another place that would buy them time, while they waited for lunch.

But Dimitri had another question, that was far more interesting than the first.

“And, second question. Will you be going to university to study potions to a higher degree, or are you going to look in to an apprenticeship?”

Easy. Nerisei knew the answer to that question since her first year. She loved Potions. It made her passionate and she, of course, wanted to spend her life doing what she loved the most. “And Apprenticeship will not suffice for me. I want to become the best Potions Mistress, so I will definitely go to university. Higher Degree all the way!”

But then, Neri understood that she had never asked him what he wanted to do once he graduated. “What about you?” Did Purebloods go to University, or did they just got straight into the Family business? “You want to study anything?”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Valentine's Day (Nerisei)   Valentine's Day (Nerisei) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Valentine's Day (Nerisei)
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next